Warhammer 40k General

Subject goes in subject field Edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Dragons are red, Avengers are blue, the Wraithknight is huge, and he's going to kill you):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mVZLXLaidjQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for what'd you get for Christmas?

Happy to say I got the woofers' battle force and Burning of Prospero. Where you a good boy this year user?

1st for the greater good

I got
1 xv95
1 xv88
1 barracuda ax-5-2
not exactly gw, but an airbrush for painting and 2 paints

I bought myself the DW battleforce, codex, datacards and DW half of each boxed game sets

Why were the legions given a number that doesn't match the order they were discovered? Horus was the first primarch to be found by the Emperor, yet they are the 16th legion?

They were given numbers by the order of their test tubes. The legions were created and given those numbers before the primarchs were re-discovered.

Imperial Knight arriving tomorrow, trying to work up the motivation to finish my last 5 Skitarii Rangers so I can start on it when it turns up.

Also a bunch of basing stuff and paints, so I can hopefully make my Admech (my first army) bases that aren't featureless void discs.
Saving up to start a second army now, so I can spend some time on titivating this one. Just finished Skitarii #15, though, and they're damn fiddly for a new painter as far as I can tell.

Numbered after the emperor's test tubes.

IIRC the higher the number the more the Emperor tweaked them.

It was the one crafted from their Primarch's gene-storage on Terra. They were always destined to lead their specific legion, because that legion was being pumped with the remaining gene-seed from square one

Does anyone else have the burning desire to stick a fully assembled and pro painted Magnus The Red figure up their own lubed ass?

Naw, I've a purpose bought Helix Syn.

Nothing, my self gift from brother vinnil are lost in Italy for some reason.
GW is not responding to check if they commi the same mistake.

Beside the bag lady, European miniature sellers have problems with things outside of Europe or USA

I got Magnus, Scarab Occult Terminators, and a cutting mat. This was a awesome Christmas. I get some time tomorrow to begin painting.

i see Mr.Ass Marbles has continued his experiments

got myself the made to order daemonettes and seekers, friend got me 1k sons dice, sock monkey keychain (guess i'll never lose my keys again), lottery ticket, and an alarm clock which doesn't seem user friendly

Post my FUN* Nid list, just incase anyone missed it

Swap the Venom Cannon for a Barbed Strangler on the Warriors.

You know yourself how competitive the list is so no need to comment on that. Without the Snotpod for the Zoans it might be better to just take Hive Guard. You'll need something to pop transports early to ge thte use out of the biovores.

really just wanna make wraithhost army cause ive always loved the models
heres what im thinking

Looks good. It'll perform just fine as long as your opponent is also playing a fun list. It probably won't do too well against a Riptide wing.

Yeah i was thinking about that, and i think the Guard models look really cool

Maybe drop the second Tervigon and his Termagants to get two min sized Termagant objective holders, a Snotpod for the Zoanthropes, and then some Hive Guard also.

Tervigons are nice supporters but I couldn't justify two of them since the last update.

So, I may have just discovered a pretty big strategy GSC can do.

You know the Broodcoven formation? The one where the Patriarch, Magus, and Primus all act as one unit? Well, in the insurrection detachment's rule Numbers Beyond Counting, it says any time a unit goes into ongoing reserves, it may replenish d6 units previously slain. So, this means that if, say, the Patriarch was slain in the Broodcoven, you could Return to the Shadows and get him back easily.

The only question is, does he come back at full wounds, or just one?

I got a Neophyte Armored Claw, a GSC Leman Russ, new measuring tapes, and a hand drill.

Yes GSC are rather OP do not get fooled about the fact they are melee in shooty edition.

When you reliably assault turn 1. Being melee in shooty edition stops being a problem

Just fiddled with it a bit thoughts?
Probably won't get around to making it until mid 2017, but it's fun to listcraft

If it's Wraithtime, drop the third Windrider squad and get another Spiritseer.

What are the current rules for the forge world ork stuff? At one point there was an update to the IA8 rules in the FW download section, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore and you can't buy IA8 from them either. Does this mean a second edition is coming 'soon'?

Also, they stopped making the kill krusha? Does anyone know a recaster who still does them?

where are your wraithplanes and wraithseer?

cool will do
feel bad taking that many bikes

If you're feeling merciful you can shave it down further to Rangers for slightly more defensive backfield camping.

Has another point, see if you can bear to part with a Wraithlord for another of those toys.

only taking them cause i feel like hte list might be a bit too slow for objective games

also thinking about taking wraithplane formation because antiair

Cool trick, but return to shadows is fairly easy to deny. I still don't think I'd run Broodcoven.

An XV88 and this beauty.

actually it's terrible at anti air because it has blast weapons, if you want anti air take a few eldar missile launchers since they come with the skyfire missiles for free

i'm very jealous now, how much armor do you have?

Are death guard fun? I've seen people say they're OP but can they stand up to Tau, eldar and the like?

That breasplate, a kettle helmet, and a padded jack. Wars of the Roses are the best period to reenact, I'd say.

How could you triple-niggers POSSIBLY fuck up we're/where/were? They don't even SOUND the same like your/you're and they're/their/there.

Degenerate illiterates everywhere, I swear to fuck.

you know that Veeky Forums is used in places besides the US, right? english might not be his first language

Probably stupid question: Is there a way to field multiple space Marine Captains and a chapter master outside of an Apocolypse game? It's probably pointless to ask, because the cost of fielding 2-4 demi-companies and a 1st company task force is Apocolypse range anyway.

I blame autocorrect. Specially when you casually use 2 to 4 different languages.
My case Spanish, English, Portuguese and Korean. Enjoy as the phone struggle to autocorrect that mess

I find people with english as second or even third language put considerably more effort into spelling than natives do.

You can stack as many CADs in the same army as you want.

Multiple small CADs

>tfw you win so hard it feels bad

Played a game against my brother to test his Thousand Sons he recently bought, 930 points each. I played vanilla CSM. I trounced him handily, taking down a third of his army in the first round of shooting and doing enough damage in round two that he conceded. His psychic phase was fucking incredible though, wrecking two rhinos and half a squad of CSM.

Still, he was pretty upset. How do you handle someone who's butthurt over losing? We're usually good sportsmen, but I was kinda sad too because he'd spent so much cash on them and lost hard on his first try.

We laugh it off and have a second game.

ya know, i got a degree in english and i can't be bothered to capitalize words or use periods online

Our local Necron player tryies to waacfag hard, but he is so bad that he always loses.

Me playing SoB and my friend with Orks try stupid list and see how silly or bad list we can make and still win.

Still trying to figure if it is possible to table Necrons by turn 3 with SoB or Orks. Right now turn 4 is my record.

TL:DR some people are just bad

I use periods, commas, apostrophes, ellipses and linebreaks almost religiously.

That I tend to rely on guessing and feel as for what goes where is another matter entirely.

Yeah.
I regularly trounce necrons, SW, GSC and daemons with thematic ork lists.

i table warconvo all the time with my fluffy ork list

Oh fuck no. Still overpriced shit with no strong offense. Fnp T5 doesn't help against Grav or 2+ rerolling cover plasma bikes or riptide/stormsurge shit.
They will do fine against casual lists

>Re-enact
>Not putting on your armor, equipping your shield and weapon and then beating other armored guys senseless.
Do you even Buhurt bro?

Havent done it personally but few of my mates own armors and hobby it. It looks soo much fun.

>not spamming t6 fnp oblits

>FNP doesn't help vs. Plasma bikes
??

>overpriced shit
So you're saying 16 points is too much for those T5, FNP+, Relentless, Long Range Stealth marines? How many points should they be exactly?

They are T5. T4 + 1 from Mark of Nurgle.

Thanks, that would work. I think I am too obsessed with the Demi-Company and forget the basic setup

>STR4 AP5 pea shooters

Do you ever look back on old models and wonder what the hell you were doing?

I've kept the left around as memory from when I was just starting, but it really is strange to see this guy, who I once thought was masterfully painted, as it really is. I started working on right a couple days ago, any tips?

drill out your barrels

>Not trusting the Bolter

even though I suggested warhammer stuff to my parents, they got me some weird arcane legions boardgame, but practice is practice.

>Not spamming T6 Biker/Spawn deathstars with Relentless Autocannon Havoc backup

T5 fnp relentless heavy weapons platforms and objective holders.

i'm a bit leery of doing reenactment after hearing about how one of the Perry Brothers sculptors lost his hand due to a gunpowder accident

>not spamming t6 biker/spawn deathstars with FNP t5 obliterator backup

Matchlocks are a hell of a thing.

Are there any caveats to doing this I should know about?
youtu.be/mVZLXLaidjQ

I would but the biker kits are so shit.

Having to buy them, cult conversion kits and a pound of sculpting polymer is a chore.

Just stay away from the cannons and handgunners, and pray often.

Ork Bikes

Bought an imperial bastion for my IG. Got a $40 gift certificate to a local LGS so I'm not sure what to spend it on.

i hope you like removing a lot of flash

spawn dont get +1T

yeah I don't really mind

gonna start a Space wolves army, so what can I expect from it.

Kinda wanna know about things that maybe other teams can't get, and so on. Also its general play style and how OP / Shit it is

yeh they do

Dies to riptide

Can I get some feedback and tips for my list? Want to bring something like this to a tourney in January. Store sadly doesn't allow unique characters below 1000 points so I unfortunately can't just run the Emperor's Champion or Grimaldus.

850 Points Space Marines
Chapter Tactics [Black Templars]

+ HQ +

Captain
·········Power Armour [Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Chapter Relic: The Burning Blade, Melta bombs]

+ Troops +

Crusader Squad
············Initiate [Chainsword] ×8
············Initiate (Heavy Weapon) [Power Weapon (Sword)]
............Land Raider Crusader [Extra armour, Multi-Melta]
............Neophyte [Chainsword] ×3
············Sword Brother [Bolt Pistol, Power Fist]

Crusader Squad ×2
············Initiate [Boltgun] ×4
············Initiate (Heavy Weapon)
················Missile Launcher [Flakk Missiles]

Riptide dies to poisoned.

Reposting from last thread :

Tyranid player here. One of my friends has a space wolves army and will soon add an Imperial Knight to it.

Any ideas on what nid units could help me to defeat that thing ? I don't want to take the knot.

Anything with haywire, armourbane or s6+

do they have VotLW?

woof woof

No. But they have Mark of Nurgle.

Mark of nurgle gives +1 toughness, Veterans does this

GIFTS OF NURGLE
Units that have the Veterans of the Long War special rule have the Fearless and Feel No Pain special rules, but reduce their Initiative characteristic by 1. Typhus and units of Plague Marines are unaffected.

why would that effect mark of nurgle?

I'd just kitbash them from CSM/WHFB Chaos Knights and the lovely Putrid Blightkings (they are also great for Nurgle Termies). Bike kits are overpriced and the WHFB Chaos Warriors and Nurgle Mortals are one of the most beutiful miniatures produced by GW.

Ally GSC

Yeah.
I just already have a Ork army that's my conversion project, vas just hoping to work with stock CSM.
At most do a weapon/jump pack swap. For havok/raptors

Anything with T can die to a bunch of Inquisitors with radium grenades.

I do not see the point of this

>playing a lord of change, trying not to cheese it up
>5++
>peril and roll a 6
>3++
>roll a 10 on the warp storm
>2++ rerolling 1s, can't be hurt
>"That's bullshit user"
DON'T BLAME ME

This is basically my Dark Angels collection, excluding the odd HQ choice and a few extra terminators.

Everything is Wysiwg in the list, hence the plasma pistols.

Where would you suggest I expand? I think its a nice friendly little list, nothing tournament worthy though.

Thank you, I will consider those options.

Thing is, you're never to get a riptide into melee if the tau player has half a brain and it has weapons that are S7+

the typical riptide loadout is SMS and the burst cannon. would suck balls against death guard, even with double firing riptide wing

Is there a website where I can test out formations to see how effective they may be against varying targets?

they're not that fast

mathhammer or shoot the shit here but remember that's just the average roll, you might end up with a game where you roll double 1s or 6s for warp storm each turn

Double firing riptidewing with markerlight support (hits on 2+, ignores cover) and activated heavy12 rending shots would do umm.

72 shots
60 hits.
40 wounds, 10 rending.
13,3(+10) failed armor saves
15,333 dead marines after FNP.

Then SMS
24 shots
23.33 hits due twinlinked BS5
11.6666 wounds
3.888 failed armor saves
~2,6 dead marines after FNP.

So double tapping riptidewing pretty much kills a 5man squad per riptide.

Am I insane for wanting to make assault chosen in a Dread Claw? I want to use a Claw with some kind of assault unit for my Night Lords because I'm apparently a masochist.

This. You need to be running ion and stripping cover to kill Death Guard effectively and even then they still get their 5+, reroll 1s, FNP.