>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Error!

>And never, ever, deal with a dragon
>Conserve ammo
>Shoot straight

* Running TopsyTurvyScurvy.sim...
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* You have 1 new private message, titled "!uou evol I"

>Reverse_plague.btl
>Inversion/eversion.trid
>Chaos.sim
>Last Viewed Files:
>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer

...Connected to SeattleNet
Biometric Scan Confirmed...

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x3rr0av
youtube.com/watch?v=vXcH8qpJqQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you have a mage with the Invocation Geas that sustains a spell, does he have to chant while sustaining or just while casting?

A bucket of KFC chicken

This was that one with the void spirit, right?
Why the hell did he fellate the other mage so much?

Reposting this.

>houserule: Anthrodrones can also take bodyware upgrades like balance tail
What do you think?

Neither are a particularly interesting option. If you need a weapon, get spurs. If you need to climb, get a grappling gun.

Holy shit, I'm surprised someone saved that image.
Yeah, that was me.

Also, I think he may have had a crush or something on the other mage's player.
Around the same time as the RT game I mentioned, he was running a Pathfinder game that was sort of a hex-crawl, but not really, where we were exploring/colonizing a new continent. I played an Arcanist, and for 3-4 levels I was trying to get the materials to build a Homunculus, because the GM wouldn't let me just buy them(which, itself, isn't that bad, because it made shit a bit more interesting), but when I finally got everything, I went to the only alchemist that existed on the continent, in our colony, and he started making me jump through infinite hoops to use his lab so I could make the Homunculus(which lead to me having to gather even more random bullshit, and more random combats outside the town).

And then the guy who played the blood mage in that game joined, as a sorcerer with some shadow-related bloodline, I think. Within 2 sessions, we found a shadow drake egg, and after the session ended and the GM was gone, he told us that he'd told the GM while making his character that one of his main goals with the character was to find and raise a shadow drake as a pet.

That, doubled with the ork blood thing, is what lead to us realizing what a shit he was and kicking him.

Quick question on the spell Control Action (and by extension, mob control)
The rulebook says targets resist these spells with Logic + Willpower and net hits determine how long you can sustain the spell. While the spell is sustained, the target may take a Complex Action on their turn to resist by making a Logic + Willpower Test with a dice pool penalty equal to the spell’s Force yadda yadda yadda. But do I have to maintain LOS once the spell is cast and sustained to keep control of the target(s)?

Additionally, if my vision is obscured by smoke or something of the sort, would using thermal imaging bypass it completely and allow me to cast? I assume being able to control people that I can only see through a camera is stupid OP.

can't speak from RAW but I guess that you only have to see them once you cast them and can sustain without LOS, just like most sustainable spells

unless you have Thermographic Sight as a metatype quality, in cybereyes or as a standalone ware you can't. You have to see it with your real eyes
which is why sometimes it's useful for mages to get cybereyes just for the ability to get more modes, even though it lowers your maximum MAG

I think I've asked this before, but forgotten the answer I got: If a gun comes stock with Gas Vent 3, am I allowed to install any other barrel-only modifications on it? Also, the Yahama Raiden has an "integral" sound suppressor. Does that mean I'm allowed to put Gas Vent 3 on it?

"I love uou!"

That's what I get for banging that ditzy elf. She's in desperate need of a cerebral booster.

How do melee adepts boost damage output? This is my first time playing one (5e) so I'm a little lost. I'm building a former-minor-leaguer-turned-runner adept and want to to wail on things with a baseball bat. Other than Critical Strike and Attribute Boost (Strength) I don't really see anything that'll improve my base DV.

So far I've gone through the Core Book and Street Grimoire, but my gamemaster hasn't banned any books so if I should be looking somewhere else let me know. I was hoping there was something similar to Elemental Body's DV & AP being based on magic but I haven't found anything like that yet.

I like razors.

What did he do after that? Throw a fit or just vanish into the gameless night?

He bitched for a couple minutes, then he and a guy he'd invited to the group for one of his other games fucked off together.

Huge dicepool with max strength. Improved Ability and a Weapon Focus Bat can turn your 12 +2 Clubs (Bats) into a 22 dice pool at chargen.

Maxing STR is also very important, consider taking a point or tow of essence loss for muscle augmentations and toners. The adept power augmentations are mechanically worse.

>having your arm replaced with a cyberarm causes you to lose essence because your soul has a harder time recognizing your body or some shit
>having an arm blown off doesn't cause essence loss
Remind me how that works again.

It's not perfectly known in setting (and back in the past there used to be rules for losing essence to horrible wounds, but while probably realistic, they remain pretty shit), but a simple way of looking at it would be this.

In the case of straight up loss of an arm, the soul knows that the injury happened and the arm is gone. This checks out, so it adjusts.

In the case of a cyber-arm, the soul knows that the limb is lost, but for some reason there's stuff there. It's confused and wonders if this is the right body.

In the case of a cheap O-type clone arm, the soul sees that the wound heals, but there's things wrong. It probably thinks that it's closer to death and so recedes some.

In the case of a well made, from you replacement, the soul sees that the wound was healed, and everything is like it should be, so it stays in place.

Granted, it's never been all that clear even out of setting why some in-setting stuff happens. Witness 3e's 'ware book saying that a bio-replacement of the same type (arm for arm, say) shouldn't cost essence.

Phantom pain. ASIST technology is so effective that your body receives the inputs as though it were the real limb, but since it KNOWS that the limb is missing, you get Essence loss.

Also, game balance.
RAW, yes. GMs will commonly only let you use one or the other, as they're both modifying how the exhaust gas is vented.
You can still force them to take actions if they leave LOS and you sustain the spell, but you won't have any sensory input on what they're doing unless you've got a camera feed or something.
I'd say not, since you can sustain multiple spells at once.

It used to work like that. Currently, it's not the act of losing the flesh which causes essence loss, its the integration of the unnatural to the natural which causes essence loss.

Your 'soul' knows your natural limb was blown off, yet an arm made of metal and plastic is there. Your 'soul' rejects this dissonance and is under distress, represented by essence loss. Too much and your soul says 'nah', ejects out and you die. This is partially my interpretation because in setting essence loss and essence in general is not fully understood.

I houserule that you can have gas-vents and a suppressor on the same gun, but you can only have one active at a time. Takes a simple action (free w/ smartgun) to swap the vents.

So if you get a cyberarm, then after some time ditch it and get a well made, from you replacement, you don't get your essence back because your soul is still suspicious from that time it had that cyberlimb. Whatever the "genetic feng-shui" Revitalization from Chrome Flesh is, it would ultimately restore essence in the above scenario by showing the soul "no, wait, you are in the right body".

Close enough for corp work.

sauce

dailymotion.com/video/x3rr0av

thanks chummer

>Chrome Flesh, pg 158
>Print Removal: Finger- or palm-prints can be completely removed by interfering with the natural process that leads to the development of skin ridges. This yields patternless fingers, toes, palms, and feet. Print scanners will report that the subject must be identified by a secondary method.
>spending 18,000 and 2 weeks in a high-tech clinic do something you could do with probably 100 nuyen and 1 afternoon at the clinic of a street doc who's good with a scalpel
>hell you don't even need a street doc you could just use lye or a zippo lighter.
Why?

It gets smooth featureless fingertips, that aren't just covered in a sheet of scar tissue. Less noticeable from a glance

Also a pattern of scalpel scars would be just as identifiable as a regular fingerprint.

Assuming that it's a database that they can actually tie to you.

So what happens if you put a two year old through Leonization?

Neoteny.

What are the rules as far as Adepts learning rituals are concerned?

How does one make Toobie in Shadowrun?

They can pay to learn the ones with the Adept keyword as normal, and they use a relevant skill instead of ritual spellcasting.
(EG Animal Handling for Attune Animal and Imbue; Armorer, Artisan, or Automotive Mechanic for Imbue Item)
The skill used is down to GM discretion

Literally who?

The girl that's flavour of the month on everything because Platinum Games and Yoko Taro working on the same game.

Stylistically or mechanically?

Does 5e have any rules for playing as a free spirit?

And what the fuck is that supposed to mean to someone who doesn't watch flavor of the month garbage?

Mechanically. But I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on stylistically.

>pussy floss
I can see her labia.

Sure. Just load up an NPC spirit and beg your GM to let you play that because 4e's Free Spirit rules sucked and it's likely 5e's will as well.

So you'd need to buy them with karma to have any at chargen, but they don't cost any PP or whatever to learn?

Nah, I'm not even going to bother if there aren't rules. I'd rather just discard the concept entirely than have to deal with major houseruling.

youtube.com/watch?v=vXcH8qpJqQU

Bumblebee drone with an MMG for ranged attacks, mystic adept for stuff like great leap, sustaining levitate and/or magic fingers to attack with the big weapons, standard blades skill for the katana. Tricky to represent what she actually is, since androids in Shadowrun are fairly awful.

Would it fucking kill you to just tell me what the fuck you want out of a build? Is there a bomb implanted in your head that will detonate the moment you try to use descriptive language like a fucking civilized human being?

Correct

Hmhm, interesting. Thanks! I'll take it in mind for my build.

>Would it fucking kill you to just tell me what the fuck you want out of a build?
If I knew exactly what I wanted out of a build I'd likely be able to make it myself. I'm just trying to emulate a character I like, who is mostly a melee combatant utilizing swords.

Cool, thanks.

>who is mostly a melee combatant utilizing swords.
Then build a sword user

> Summon force 6 spirit
> Bind them
> Sleep/rest if you take drain
> Repeat until you have maximum spirits number (get some temporary +CHA if you need)
> "Aid Sorcery" to add +spirit force dice to your casting
> Cast spell then use reagent or edge to push the limit.

>katanas are floating around a foot from her actual back

Some kind of in-setting "magic" technology.

Let's be fair, in most settings if you were able to have floating swords, then a foot from your back is the least unusual place most sword using types would have it.

All talking about Nier got me thinking...

I can cast Levitate on MCT gun turret and have it float next to me right?

Fingerprints work through the oils on your fingers. If you removed the ridges your fingerprints would look like a blank smudge. You would have literally the most distinctive fingerprints in the world.

What you want is some way to change the ridges, even slightly.

Did I hear someone say "I want to be a rigger with HMG-toting rotodrones"? I'm pretty sure I heard someone say "I want to be a rigger with HMG-toting rotodrones".

>You would have literally the most distinctive fingerprints in the world.
Not really, there are no doubt thousands if not millions of others who have removed their own fingerprints for one reason or another. Also, if it's the oil that leaves a print in the the first place, then isn't what you really want is something that stops you from producing oil in the first place?

don't know if 5e has it but 4e had dynamic handprints as a nanocybernetic implant

>Dynamic Handprints
>This nanite system alters the ridges and lines of a user’s
>fingerprints and palms to match PAN-transmitted schematics.
>Various imaging devices can scan finger and palm print samples
>for the implant to replicate. When dynamic handprints are used
>to defeat a print scanner, make an Opposed Test between the
>implant’s rating and the scanner’s rating (see p. 263, SR4A).

How do I mod my drone in chummer5?

Got a few questions for you, chummers:
1. I wanna be that asshole who dual-wields pistols. I know it's not really viable until my dice pool gets obscene, but would it be worth it to carry around 2 guns with different ammo types (say, APDS and stick'n'shock) to save actions drawing them? Assuming I have ambidextrious.
2. Related to 1; what's a better starting martial art for such a character: Firefight or Gun Kata?
3. Regarding the Dodge action, which says I add my Gymnastics to my defense test. Is that my skill only, or the skill plus my agility?
4. Unrelated to the above: What are some good movies (or TV shows) to watch to get in the Shadowrunning mood?

If I upgrade my I-Doll to Realistic Features 4, does that include 2 onboard fleshlights that only the finest connoisseurs of pussy and sodomy could tell from the real thing? Asking for a friend.

>1
why not just put ammo selector in a smartgun?
>2
dunno
>3
IIRC you can only add Gymnastics if you have Agile Defender and if so then just your skill
>4
check the pastebin

>1
Style, omae - but I guess your suggestion is probably a better option.

>3
Actually it's just a base dodge action. Acrobatic Defender is for full defense. Still, that's disappointing.

The orifices are made of better material, but that's the only difference. Any kind of musculature requires aftermarket modification due to all the moving parts down there. It's actually really easy to brick biped robotics even in the late 21st century, who knew?

So score one for pfixes and biodrones in that department, at least.

>1
Don't try and justify your desire, mang. Because there are better ways of doing the ammunition selection thing. Just dual wield because you think it's cool.

>2
I'm not versed enough in them to tell you, but I don't remember martial arts being all that big a deal in terms of dice pools. If one will do the job, the other probably will close enough.

>3
I'd say your skill only.

>4
There are quite a few. Elysium and Babylon A.D. are pretty good, as are any decent heist films (I suggest Ocean's 11 and The Italian Job). I'd also suggest classics like Blade Runner.

I think dual-wield is good when you have high initiative and want to split the recoil from machine pistol?

Unfortunately recoil isn't hand-based. Firing with your right hand applies a penalty to your left and vice-versa. But it's good for surprise attacks, when you wanna send a lot of lead downrange and your enemy can't defend themselves.

I'm starting with 15 dice in pistols, when I get up to about 24 I might consider doing it more often.

You can use recoil compensation from both hands though, right?

As far as I know it goes like this:

1 RC from each weapon you're prepared to fire (assuming you fire them that turn)
Str / 3 (round up) additional RC
Any RC from a gun you're firing that turn (so having two Predator V's with Gas Vent 3 will give you 6 RC, if you're firing both that turn)
-1 per round you fire.

right click

1. Well, assuming you can reliably quickdraw, its not an awful idea to carry around two Machine Pistols. Perhaps carry one of them as a suppressed SnS, and the other as a Gas-Vented APDS. Most of the time, you won't need to rapidly change ammo types, because most of the time the shit hitting the fan requires a non-lethal or lethal approach.
2. Both are pretty shit from a mechanical standpoint, but Gun Kata has some useful techniques. Take them for flavor if you'd like.
3. You only add your skill rating.
4. For you, John Wick.

Question for GMs and Metahuman players.. Do any of you have specific voices for non-human races? Are your orks particularly... Orky? Are your elves all forest-hippie mode? What do your Trolls sound like?

Tangentially related to this:
Under 'normal' parameters, how many runs should I expect to be able to get an i-doll with realistic features 4?

Want to get into this. Have been DM for a few D&D 5E sessions.

What books am I going to need to start Shadowrun? Everything is pretty expensive here and there are no used books around - I've looked. Don't want to buy a bunch of shit and end up not liking it

I run a Shadowrun chatroom on a semi-private network, but a majority of the users refer to this thread for resources and information, self included. I'd like to use a modified clone of the OP pastebin for quick reference. Source downloads will be removed and credit given, of course.

Mother, may I?

You really only need Core of course. Every other book, while fun, is ultimately superfluous when money is an issue.

Some of them fit the stereotypes, some don't, but they're all aware of them. An ork might be an undereducated criminal but if you assume that they are just because they're an ork they'll bounce your head off the pavement.

look at the OP

Depending on your moral flexibility, the pastebin in the Opening Post may be of use to you. I recommend purchasing a hardcover CORE book at the very least, but it's your money, not mine.

Enjoy your stay in the 6th World.

Keep in mind chummer Metahumans are real people too. They talk appropriate to their culture just like any human would. The only thing that would be how deep their voice's where and that not something you can really capture on the table.

Keep in mind some people will be with the stereotypes like a big dumb troll, but like most people, they wont be.

I dont see anyway anyone could stop you, but since you are doing your own thing you dont need to be bogged down by tradition. Use the same links, but try to be creative. People will see that and appreciate it.

Thanks bros. I am a bit slow, thanks for the direction.

>there are no doubt thousands if not millions of others who have removed their own fingerprints
Hmm, hadn't thought of that. If enough people were doing that I guess your would be forced to identify yourself biometrically in a different way.

>isn't what you really want is something that stops you from producing oil
Your body makes those oils from a reason, if you stopped it it would fuck fuck your skin.

Shit I keep forgetting that the German alternative rules for heavy weapons are.

Help a chummer out?

What are the other ways for SURGE to happen besides being exposed to the comet?
Rolling around in an area with a high background count would do it, right?

Trolls would probably have deeper voices due to being bigger. Same for Orks, to a lesser extent. Dwarves and Elves sound like normal humans (Dwarves are small, but broad). Beyond that it depends more on region and upbringing.

SURGE happens whenever the fuck it wants to now. Magic is weird like that.

Does Elemental Weapon (Fire) count as a Fire-based spell or a Flame-Based weapon? If it counts as a spell, what is the force?

Perfect.

SURGE happens whenever a rollplayer wants three extra dice on social rolls, it seems to me.

>extra
???

HA!

Does physical limit apply to defense tests?