Warhammer 40,000 general

More meme magic edition

>Previous thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Dragons are red, Avengers are blue, the Wraithknight is huge, and he's going to kill you):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Rate me.

This thread has been reclaimed for the Adeptus Mechanicus.

carrying this over here because i like where its going

What's with all those digits in the /tv/ sticky? Geez.

Anyways, have any of you guys used the Horus Heresy Victory is Vengeance rules before? I was thinking of adapting them to 40k armies as an improvement on HoR and Kill Team. Any experiences to share/ideas for a 40k version?

Fifth for Cutefax

That guy is going to be a fucking ASSHOLE to paint. Holy fucking shit GW.

#
>As troop choices are already lacking on the table top and are pretty much a tax unit at this point it will probably shove them entirely lower on the flag pole.
That's only an issue with poor internal balance. Balancing up would allow troop choices to be improved, like actually making tacs worth taking by actually making them feel like elite veterans who could kill basically anything else in the game like chaos warriors in WHFB: expensive but deadly, or giving orks more options and making mob rule good to make boyz right an proppa killy.
And if vehicles were also improved that would do a whole lot for troops.

>I was thinking of adapting them to 40k armies as an improvement on HoR and Kill Team.

The only thing you'd need to change is the name for loyalist vs heretics to attacker vs defender. Its a cool system that I dont think requires too much fiddling to work in 40k but you have to realize its a system intended for campaigns and not just pick up games.

Has there ever been a Mordian HQ?
I thought Bastonne was one, but turns out he's Cadian.

Currently reading through. Honestly, I'm liking the look of it as is. HoR's campaign rules can indeed be expanded upon in this way, possibly as an alternative campaign ruleset.

HoR's assumes a base of operations for extended operation, but ViV fluffs it into a very desperate situation. They could be kept mutually apart, or be combined in some way to represent that, while the teams have safe places to retreat to, they're on their own when it comes to the acquisition of supplies.

True, but he'll look damn cool if I/anyone manages to do it well. It does look a bit like GeeDubs' sculptors have forgotten that models are occasionally taken down from the satin cushioned display case and taken to a table where they will be picked up and moved about a lot, though.

Also, if I ever pick up a second one (if his price isnt too exorbitant) that's my 30k conversion parts requirement done for months.

Yea but we can't really be certain as most of the top armies only use elites and heavy supports. Now i for one would gladly take tac marines being actual veteran like and being expensive but strong and if we can make nids not be take some tax units and have hormagaunts and termaguants be swarming all over the board it would make games 100% more fun.

So what's the best Knight to take for my War Convo? My original idea was an all purpose Crusader with Stormspears and a Battlecannon, but that's the priciest knight in the book. It sorta cuts the rest of my army short. This is about all I can squeeze out. And I really wanna run some Kastelans. I thought about swapping some destroyers for the cheaper breachers, but I feel that's a poor choice.

waaagh

>2540 becomes 1850

jesus

Good looking models man. I'd give everything a couple dark washes though, they look a little clean.

I miss my Cyboars. Bring back Feral Orkz!

good idea, tabletop paintjob, Fuckhorrible basing

Free stuff is one hell of a drug

Special Character? No I don't believe so. we've had Cadian, Catachan, Tallarn, and Valhallan SCs. MIG is the only one of the original regiments left out.

The worst part is that I can't even begin to compete with Eldar, Tau, and BA unless I take the War Convo, and even then it's a gamble.

>Yea but we can't really be certain as most of the top armies only use elites and heavy supports.
Only space marines really. Tau need pathfinders for marker lights, daemons love pink horrors, and eldar have windriders.
>Now i for one would gladly take tac marines being actual veteran like and being expensive but strong and if we can make nids not be take some tax units and have hormagaunts and termaguants be swarming all over the board it would make games 100% more fun.
Oh most definitely. Theoretically the end goal of balancing up should allow for any possible army build to be viable and have special rules to encourage variety, like chapter tactics, clan rules or regiment tactics. For nids they would definitely need changes to instinctive behavior, and perhaps some type of RoW and/or fomation that allowed nid troops to keep coming back, like that one apoc formation

Dammit. I'll need to use an already existing unit and just change the name then. Sucks.

To be fair, a lot of that is fairly useless, like Digital Weapons on all the sarges.
Also, I don't think you're allowed to take relics on Oathsworn Detatchment Knights since they aren't characters, although I may be wrong.

If you need dakka and versatility, Crusader. Warden for slightly less dakka, Errant if you want to keep it really cheap.

Snake bite support when.

I want Orks with poison and Squigs.

>BA
What? are admech outside war convo that bad?

I mean we will only see when nids get and updated codex out of 6th ed.

>warconvo will become the standard decurion when the combined mechanicus/skitarii army book is finally released
Mark my words Veeky Forums, this is only the beginning.

dont worry, its not done yet.

I meant Gallant, not the Errant.

Are gene cults still good? I have 220 guard/traitor models and I was gonna run a neophyte heavy list

Seems unlikely as it's incredibly inflexible.

It's not an awful idea, without the Knight at least. I don't see the reason for requiring one of every Skitarii unit, but I also don't see why the Skitarii WOULDN'T overspecialize like that, fluff wise.

my thought on all those super detail things theyre bringing out is :"you cant properly 3d print that yet"

Yes. But Acolytes/Metamorphs are the main selling points of the army.

Are you looking for a model to use as a Company Commander? Just use a Commissar, judging from the Lieutenant that's basically what Mordian officers look like anyway.

>You can't tell me what to do sub-edition
>Curze is a Demon Primarch

GSC are excellent, but Neophytes are just roleplayers/support. The power is in the Acolyte Hybrids.

>you can't tell me what to do sub-edition
>Fall of Cadia
>Curze is true prophet of the 8th
Curze rules when?

Look beyond, if they're combined they won't need current structure, but will become more flexible and with more buffs than the current one, it'll become a core choice and HQ that'll will give the free stuff, a full warconvo makes me shudder in fear.

I know this is bait but ill give a (you) anyways to say nothing you have shown actually gives any thought that he will be a daemon primarch both those just show that he lost himself in the heresy and many people have pointed out that curze is not the prophet of the eighth.

ALL HAIL GREYFOX

I sure miss the curze fag now that this faggot is roaming.

Some random false prophet Decius is the prophet, bah! Curze truely has the premonitions, he is the true prophet.

MFW it's only been me Curze posting this whole time

Army Builder won't let me put the warbuggies in a squadron of 5, so I had to list them separately.

Also, the warbuggies have twin-linked rokkits, but again, Army Builder wouldn't allow it.

Warboss and Painboy join the unit of Nobz.

Feedback appreciated.

How bad of an idea is spending the extra points for CC weapons for a squad of Meltagun Havocs? I plan on giving them a Rhino to help them drive in close and pile out to slag things, but I'm wondering if the extra melee ability will help them in case I need them to charge something.

What's the best set-up for a unit of 8 Rust Stalkers?

That model is such a hot mess.

Well, the turn they exit the Rhino they can't charge. And you should be blocking their LOS in Shooting phase with the Rhino's flat out.

It would be useful in a handful of niche situations, but not enough to warrant 10 points that could buy an important upgrade somewhere else.

An awesome one.

Turn them into 5 infiltrators

Well, it'd only be 8, since the champ already has one. Ideally, it'd be for the turns after they exit the Rhino, assuming there are more viable targets to charge rather than melta.

How do I do a Chapter based on wrestlers?

paint them like hulk hogan and macho man

maybe green stuff cowboy hats

>get told by fucking quints to stop
>still try and force it
Curze is dead user. There is literally nothing that indicates otherwise, and even that bit of fluff you keep posting isn't necessarily about curze

How should I build Word Bearer Favored of Chaos? What marks, Icon, or artefacts?

Also consider that you're putting your meltaguns at risk when you send them into CC (even against weak shit), and they gain no benefit from those 10 points you spent on the guns once they're stuck in.

Sometimes the risk of entering combat with Guard vets is better than taking that Battle Cannon shot, but that'll have to be a situational call.

If you're CSM, you'll have much better ways of killing things or tarpitting them up close. Let the meltas melt unless they need to hide in combat to live.

the raven guard already exist

you can't see them

Two Eversor Assassins or a squad of Custodes?

Better just to do the free swap

The 2 points is never worth the versatility, if you want cc option just ditch the bolter

Chaos Xenos when?

That's pretty much as heretical as you can get

What's Brock, then?

>Following numbers
>Getting butt hurt over Primarchs returning
All Primarchs are coming back over the next two years, except for Horus, Sangpenis (except maybe his consciousness through the Sanguinwhore) and the two missing Legions.
I have simply provided an in-roads to how Curze will come back.
>Primarchs make GW money
>All possible Primarchs are coming back
Ignatius Grulgor came back as a Prince when he died, as have many other marines, why wouldn't a Primarch you silly boy.

a greater monstrous creature

Just dropped by to laugh at all you filthy Gue'la and your poor excuse for "technology".

They do have Tzaangors now. That's probably as close as we'll see for official support, outside of AoC with various xenos and chaos.

Alpharius/magnus incoming

Tzaangors.

How's Iron Hands coming back?

>being this mad that there was a primarch with a better ability to tell the future
sorry that your guy could only see bad things and was a whiney little emo about it

Either Wolves or World Eaters

Aren't Tzaangors supposed to be beastmen, e.g human mutants?

>All Primarchs are coming back over the next two years, except for Horus, Sangpenis (except maybe his consciousness through the Sanguinwhore) and the two missing Legions.
[citation needed]
They're bringing back some primarchs, sure, but we have absolutely no proof that everyone is coming back

>I have simply provided an in-roads to how Curze will come back.

You shat up, like, 18 generals with spam. We all know that all the Primarchs CAN come back, stupid, and we've known for years.

nope, they're from the Planet of Sorcerors.

>tfw I ignore all Veeky Forums advice on Orks and run Nob Bikers with Burna Boys in melee

>Thinks I like Curze because he was good
Curze was the shittest Primarch, and that is why I like him. He wasn't a Mary Sue who ran around the galaxy being awesome, he was insane, with unreliable visions, with a Legion of rapists and murderers he hated.

Only in Daemonhood will his visions clear, and he will reunite the Night Lords in to a Legion, as the Prophet of the 8th. (It's like how Angron finally stopped being insane from the nails after he ascended to Daemonhood)

Fulgrim has been cloning him for the past 10,000 years, trying to convince his old friend to join him in Chaos. Each clone is a perfect recreation, and is slaughtered as soon as they make it clear they have no intention of betraying the Emperor. Each one last about 15 minutes, IIRC.

If even one clone escapes, Ferrus is back.

I don't get it, Orks lack good melee weapons yet can get incredibly easy access to AP3 weapons that can bring down most hard hitters they struggle with, not to mention its a model by model basis so you can use the Orks at the front to cover as many models with the template, then as they're in the front lines before charging can soak up overwatch and early melee attacks, before coming back round with the remaining orks for S4 AP 3 attacks.

Why isn't this ran?

>I have simply provided an in-roads to how Curze will come back.

This is the part that angers me the most about this massive faggot: that he's actually stupid enough to think a vague description about a Primarch "losing his [humanity]" from a 3 year old novel set in M31 means Curze is going to return as a daemon primarch even though this has NEVER happened before with someone dead coming back as a daemon prince or a primarch coming back from the dead.

At best he'd come back as part of a greater daemon with a totally different personality or as a daemon host.

Where's this?

Really, because doesn't get it

They can bring back Ferrus Manus in two ways:
They hinted his head was kept alive in HH books
Ferrus was cloned many times (albiet not perfectly) by Mr. Beautiful Snake Primarch. Just say one clone was perfect and it escaped.

He's already the emperor's stand, all he needs is a new body.
Also, in beast arises the iron hands where shown to be working on a way to bring back dead heads to life.

I've got no idea, do you have any idea how many fucking books there are?

16 pts/model.

It is set in modern era 40k not M31 you turd burger

>IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE THEREFORE IT CAN'T HURR DURR GW WOULD NEVER DO THAT
K friend, thanks for that wonderful insight.
He will return as a Demon Primarch, mark these words.

Jokes on you its Age of Sigmar stuff nobody wanted

Or they can just say M'Shen didn't actually kill him. Idiot.

>>IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE THEREFORE IT CAN'T HURR DURR GW WOULD NEVER DO THAT
>HURR DURRRF HUURURF CURAZE CUMIN BAK AS DEMON PRIMARCH PROFIT OF DA 8TH

Ironic, isn't it.

Anyone have an okayish way of running Favoured of Chaos?

M'shen took his head silly billy.
They never got the head back.
I guess they could bring Ferrus and Curze's heads back on a different bodies.

>He will return as a Demon Primarch, mark these words.
Everyone understands your beliefs by now, so please shut up and stop spamming.

Erversors for sure

>mfw new abbadon model is twice the size of current

Horus Clone confirmed

Its kron crap

It is more ironic that you can't use the word ironic properly. But even that isn't very ironic.
Please keep being this butt hurt it is encouraging me to Curze post, because you are making me laugh.