Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Bretonnian Foot Knights Edition

>Last Thread
Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. Please go shill/troll elsewhere.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Warhammer-Citadel-Miniatures-Catalog-Bretonnia/dp/B005Q3R4GO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1482892910&sr=8-9&keywords=Bretonnia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is Slaanesh or Tzeentch in control of dreams and nightmares? Moon icons always made me think Tzeentch, but then I read on 1d4 that Slaanesh makes Daemons from his nightmares.

I like the idea of Karl-Franz as a kind of Fisher King-type character. Like King Theoden, a clever and courageous man, held back by sickness and corrupt advisors put in place by the machinations of chaos.
Keep Deathclaw, but put him in the Altdorf Zoo, where he mauls anyone who comes near that isn't Karl-Franz. And the Emperor never comes, because he's practically house-bound, so Deathclaw just rots away as a wild animal in a cage that's too small.

Maybe that's a little too close to the Emperor in 40k. Call it a parallel.

Yes.

Too much for me. I'd see that as more of an Elector Count fallen from youthful greatness and refusing to let go.

I'd see Karl as a man who will literally never come home. He and Deathclaw will die of exhaustion in an honorless death, never getting any peace or rest.

So a dialed-up Barbarossa.

Dreams looks more of a "shared" thing

'Where's the next cottage?'

'Another league and a half that way.' Rolf answered, pointing in a westerly direction. Vaclav noted that though Rolf kept control of his voice, his hand was shaking. And he wouldn't look directly towards the cottage; Vaclav knew all too well what it felt like to find a familiar place distorted into a twisted parody of itself by the cruelty of war. Until you saw it for yourself, it never seemed real; only then was the beauty of memory replaced by the ashes of reality.

The shock hadn't broken Rolf, though; rather, there was a hardness to his voice. The sight of the burning homestead had tempered him like steel. He continued: 'And beyond that, past Zahnberg Creek, the village of Geigersdorf.' Vaclav knew it, a small village with maybe two hundred people living in it. The beastmen warparty would annihilate it.

Unless they were stopped.

Sargeant Pavel came over, and saluted.

'We've searched thoroughly sir.' He reported. 'There are no survivors, and none of beastmen around either.' Vaclav turned to Rolf and asked.

'Are there any storage cellars where someone might have hidden?

'Yes sir, over there.' Rolf pointed. 'Two grain cellars.' But Pavel shook his head.

'We found them.' he said curtly. 'Both broken open, and all the food looted. The beastmen didn't leave anything; takes a very good sense of smell to detect grain sacks in a cellar buried under half a foot of snow.'

'I'm counting on it.' said Vaclav said. 'Gather the men, we're heading west.' Pavel saluted, and went to shout his men into line; they had allowed themselves to become too spread out, as they picked over the debris in horrified silence.

Boris came over, flanked by two others of the old guard - Sir Friedrich Nagelstein and Sir Helmut von Stolzhaften, who'd both been fighting beastmen since Vaclav was in his crib. If you didn't know them, from the expressions on their faces it would be easy enough to believe that their hair had just turned white.

Hey everyone. So what do you guys use in terms of a carrying tray for your army? I have about 2k of Bretonnia, Lots of peasants and archers and I'm looking for a way to carry the army around on a flat platform like one big movement tray. RIght now I'm literally using a flat baking pan. Any suggestions?

'Bad business.' grunted Boris. 'It's been a long time since beastmen have come so far out of the wilds. Must be ten years since we saw a family slaughtered like this.'

'Thank Shallya's mercy that's its been so long.' said Helmut von Stolzhaften. 'I remember back in the days of Hrogmot's warherd. They burned half a dozen villages on their way past, and half a dozen more in the sixth months it took us to hunt down the survivors after we broke them at the battle of the Bek.' Helmut shook his head. Ostermark had lost a lot of sons that day, alongside Ostland and Hochland; the combined force had taken two days of pitched battle to rout the rampaging beastherd. He continued gravely: 'Worse than orks for savagery they are. Praise Ulric that the news came through to us so quickly on a night like this - we have to catch the chaos scum as soon as possible, or we'll be neck deep in filth and fighting for months to keep our heads above the mire. Show weakness just once and they'll all know. Trust me.' His words echoed the advice Vaclav's father had given to him many years ago.

Manfred von Schwarzfeld joined them. His face was red and his clothes ashen; he looked like he'd been searching through the still burning house.

'The warband that did this was large. You can see that just from a glance.' he commented.

'We can't tell from these tracks how many there were.' Vaclav countered. 'They're too muddled.'

'True. But there are more then us. Many more.'

'Yes.' Vaclav said calmly.

'I'm with you to the end, my lord.' said Rolf. Boris clapped him on the shoulder approvingly,

'That's the spirit boy.' The old knight turned to Vaclav. 'I don't know about the rest of us, but he speaks for me as well if you hadn't already guessed.'

'None of us want to turn back and leave the warparty loose.' said Manfred von Schwarzfeld. 'But courage and determination can't double the size of our force.'

'Oh, what of the numbers man?' said Friedrich Nagelstein. 'I've fought against beastmen before, and I've been outnumbered before. We need to press on and catch them before they get away.'

In all the stories Vaclav had heard, he didn't remember any battles of his father's time that had taken place at night, in the forest, without horses. Manfred looked as if the same thought had crossed his mind too, but he ignored Nagelstein and merely commented.

'My lord, if you gave the order to return to the castle I would defend you against any who'd question it.' Unspoken were the words: it would be reckless to head on now.

'I know,' Vaclav said firmly, 'but we're going on nevertheless. Don't worry, I don't plan to simply walk into a pitched battle with the beasts - I ordered the food from the feast brought with us for a reason. With any luck, there will be a chance to use it to even the odds in our favour. If not, if we have no opportunity to do anything but give them more manflesh, I'll turn us back. Our lives aside, handing them another victory would only encourage them further.' Both Boris and Helmut von Stolzhaften nodded in agreement at this. Vaclav continued: 'They've turned north-west, further into the forest, but I'll bet they don't head back into the deep forest. Not yet. They're still hungry. That means we have a chance to get ahead of them, and catch them as they swing back towards the forest's border.'

'Still, it's a large forest.' said Manfred. 'If we're not following their trail it'll be hard to find them again.'

'We not going to find them.' said Vaclav simply. 'They're going to find us.'

I'll be back shortly

Are there non-evil angelic beings in Fantasy?

Dreams are Morr and Lileath. Slaanesh gets xir hand in. Tzeentch probably does too.

Most of the gods have divine servants of some kind. Ulric had some that were like ice wolves, the elf gods had some, and the nehekaran god Ptra had straight up angels that ended up being corrupted by nagash. Warhammer has tons of magic creatures/spirits/daemons that aren't aligned to one of the big 4 chaos gods. Dryads, djinn, naiads and other elemental are all examples of this

Cool, thanks!

The company went another two miles before Vaclav called a halt. They were well within the border of the forest, and all around them the only thing that could be seen were trees in all directions. It looked much the same as any other part of the forest, and there seemed to be no reason for Vaclav to choose this place over any other.

But here was where he decided to place his ambush.

Not because of the ground, although the tree cover made for good concealment. The wind had turned, and now instead of whipping against their faces was heading straight into the forest. Carrying their scents along with it. That wasn't enough though - he wanted to really catch the beastmen's attention. He wanted something that would draw them in, something so tempting that they wouldn't stop to think.

He grabbed a sack from one of the armsmen. Into it had hurriedly been swept food from the feast: a half-eaten ham, venison, an entire partridge as yet untouched. Even some knives and a candlestick, candles still in it.

'Build a fire.' Vaclav called. 'Pile it high, make sure it can be seen for miles around.' No sense in just relying on scent, although he doubted the light would get far through the densely packed trees. The men started bringing their sacks forward and dumping them on the ground. 'Spread the food out. Come on, this is a feast, make it look like it.' Other men brought their sacks forwards, and began tipping out their riches onto the snow. Roast pork, glazed in honey. Beef, marinaded in specially brewed beer. Golden-crusted pies which contained hare or pheasant. Sausages packed with every kind of meat and every kind of herb. And skins of wine, mead and beer. All that and more: the castle storehouses had been filling for months in preparation for the winter feast. Rolf helped gather it all, and stack it into heaps as men brought kindling and branches for the bonfire.

'We're going to show the beastmen our hospitality tonight.' Vaclav called to his men. 'Let's have a toast.' He raised a wineskin, took a swig for good luck, and then splashed most of it against a nearby tree trunk. The others followed his example, without needing him to explain, spreading the scent of alcohol over every tree in the area. 'And bring some logs to sit on.' he added. 'Hurry, our guests will be here soon, Ulric willing.'

'My lord.' said a respectful voice by his shoulder. Manfred von Schwarzfeld could move damn quietly when he wanted to. Always so calm, always so quiet. That was why Vaclav needed him, to be the level head when others counselled from their hearts. That was why he wanted the young knight leading the ambush while Vaclav played bait.

'You're about to ask for a seat by the fire, aren't you?'

'You know me too well, my lord. Just as I know you.' Vaclav could feel his wry smile, even if he couldn't see it in the darkness. 'It's a fine trap, and the beastmen will surely be tempted. But I doubt even they'd fail to question why a feast would be laid out with no one there to eat it. They'll sniff the man-scent in the air and wonder why there's no one about. And I doubt that thought hadn't occurred to you too.'

'It's my feast, is it not? As host, surely I'm entitled to the seat of honour.' Vaclav posited.

'Entitled, yes. But you know that whoever takes the role of bait will probably go down before anyone can come to his aid. The men aren't showing it, but they're scared - even in an ambush, the odds our odds won't be strong. What chance will we have if our leader falls in the first few seconds of the fight?'

'If we're talking about men we can't afford to sacrifice, then it'd hardly be sensible for me to let my best swordsman sit out here, would it?' Vaclav countered. 'Either way, it's my damnfool plan, and I'll not send another man out their to die in my place.'

'It should be me.' Rolf interrupted. 'I know how to fight, and I'm ready to fight - but I know I can't do much against a Gor, or even a Bray. At least this way I can make myself useful. I'm small, and I can run fast - maybe they'll just ignore me when the fighting starts.' He really was honestly willing to do it, Vaclav realised. Not because he childishly thought it was a chance for glory, but because he felt it was his duty. Vaclav certainly wasn't going to let Rolf take his place, though. He was about to firmly veto this idea when Sir Boris joined the fray.

'Age before beauty, lad. You've all got many more years ahead of you than I have. Besides, I'm old and weary - you wouldn't begrudge me a chance to warm my cold bones by the fire, would you? And if the object is to get the fiends' attention, then surely it should be the loudest, most conspicuous man among us who's sitting out here.'

'He has us there.' laughed Vaclav, despite himself. 'We couldn't ask for a more visible decoy. But no, old friend, I couldn't ask that of you.'

'Who's asking? I'm volunteering - and I think you know well enough that if you do insist on sitting out there you'll have to tie me to a tree to stop me from sitting with you. Come on, Vaclav. Let someone else shoulder the burden for once - there's plenty willing to.' That got through to Vaclav, and he remembered the moment in the courtyard. 'You take your proper place, and I'll take mine. I'm an old man, and I don't plan to end my days too fat to sit on a horse and too feeble to hold a sword.'

'There's no reason I can't sit /with/ him.' suggested Manfred. 'With two of us we might even have a chance of surviving. As you say, I'm the best swordsman you have.'

As a long time Bretonnian (since 3rd edition) player this is the best thing I have heard in a long time! I'm all in lads!

'He said you're our best swordman, did he?' Boris grunted. 'Go ahead, Vaclav, let our master fencer join me. I'll be glad of his company. Never mind dying - I plan to show him what an old man can do with a blade, and I don't want him to say that I got a headstart when it comes time to count up the trophies.'

He could not bear every burden himself. Boris was right. Manfred was right. If they were all in this together - and they were - it meant letting them take this choice.

'Very well.' said Vaclav grimly, grudgingly. They all knew what the two men were volunteering for. Boris hid it under bluff and bluster, Manfred's steely professionalism wouldn't allow him to break his calm exterior no matter what, but they'd just taken the most dangerous position in an already deadly fight. Vaclav said quietly, 'I won't snap the trap shut until we have them. You may be on your own out there for a while.' The best way to botch an ambush was for a panicky commander to spring the trap too early, but sometimes doing it properly meant leaving your bait swinging in the wind.

Both knights nodded in understanding.

'Don't worry about us.' laughed Boris. 'After all, we're the ones with a fire to keep us warm.' The bonfire was blazing away now. The honey-glazed meat glinted in the firelight. 'And all the food.' he added with a grin.

'Good luck.' said Vaclav, with feeling.

Damn it, I don't have time to finish this tonight. Ironically, Christmas is getting the way of me finishing my Christmas story. Oh well - tomorrow. Hopefully.

That works pretty well - you could add magnets to the bases to secure them better.

The story or the TMS minis?

amazon.com/Warhammer-Citadel-Miniatures-Catalog-Bretonnia/dp/B005Q3R4GO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1482892910&sr=8-9&keywords=Bretonnia

Haha, what the hell??! The price....I know Brets are discontinued...but..what the ever lady loving fuck??

hi guys, i am looking to buy some chaos dwarves form russian alternative, besides the usual difference, do you have any info on why i should buy them resin or metal? Thanks

I look forward to the conclusion

If warp stone is all 8 winds mashed together and solidified, would it be possible to do the same to the individual winds of magic? And if so, would it be possible to create a "pure" form of warp stone, like solid high magic?

Anyone remember this guy?

I always see people talk about how large the empire is and how the old world is compared to Europe. Does anyone have a source for this/easy size comparisons? Like if the empire isn't germany sized, how big is it?

That's some nice art. I love the image of a background forest of pikes.

I read somewhere that Tzeentchian Warriors favor halberds and polearms. Is there any truth to that?

Size estimations are based mostly on the highly unreliable maps and some random one-off comments, I think. It's worth noting that some characteristics of the Old World really are super extreme; the River Reik for example, and the mountain ranges.

I think the estimate given most credence puts the planet at 1.2-1.5x the size of Earth.

Got reminded about him the other thread. Wind of Life is an interesting touch.

Jesus you spend three weeks asking if you should get the chaos dwarfs, now you want to know how to get the best knockoffs

how wide is the river reik?

Metal is metal. Its durable.
Resin can have casting problems but holds detail better, and is usually cheaper.

>Implying Azazel is evil

A baking pan works well. A lot of the guys at the flgs I go to use the big toolboxes with the pull out trays and have everything magnetized on there. It works great for storage and transportation.

I always imagined dreams as being partway to the warp either way. Slaanesh is more of a visceral dreams type, whether dreams or night terrors. Tzeentch is prophetic visions and whatnot.

Yes, in a sense. Demons are just minor aspects of Chaos. Every god or goddess can have some form of servant, created roughly from thesame warpstuff that created themselves, or simply shards of themselves. There are also evidently largely benevolent beings in the warp, such as the gods, so there could even be unaligned "demons" of good. Theoretically, at least.

Wide enough and deep enough to sail full-sized 16th century galleons down with room to spare for another to pass.

So, question: How does the Dreaded 13th spell work in canon, and fluff wise? On the table top, I know it basically just transforms the unit into Skaven Slaves under your control; but lore wise, that brings up some questions in a ongoing fluffy character campaign.

For example, the biggest, and most important, is the spell permanent? The easiest conclusion of the spell, is that it fades after the battle, and that the former skaven either flee, get captured, or are killed. That still poses some questions, like what happens to their mounts, or their armor, etc. But, assuming that the spell is permanent, what than? Is it just a full mind wipe, or do they still remember themselves? I can only imagine how shitty it would be if a elf got transformed into a shitty skaven, and had to live with that fact.

Or, am I just over thinking this, and when it says Skaven Slaves, it means that it just bends the mind of the unit to the Skaven, making them LITTERAL Skaven Slaves?

I ask, because I am going to be joining a campaign which features a notorious Skaven Player who loves spamming magic, and is well known for using the 13th dreaded spell, and I dont want my Special Snowflake Vampire count getting transformed.

I would assume that it turns them into slaves of the skaven, not actually skaven who are slaves.

>Metal is metal. Its durable.

Mercury is a metal.

Looks like a chaos elf.

I love it. They are sorely missing in the setting.

Minis

Huge. Deep water ships can sail all the way to altdorf, and the river is miles across at places. It's basically Amazonian in size, but even deeper

Who the fuck casts mercury miniatures?

Nobody. You have missed his joke, but don't worry- it wasn't worth it.

'deep water' ships of the 16th century were hardly very big by today's standards, or even by the standards of the golden age of sail. It would be possible to sail up that far even if the Reik just more or less matched the Rhine (on which it is clearly based)

i have no idea what you are talking about, you are confusing me with soemone else
>besides the usual difference
well thank you anyway

So what material is the Kingdom of Equitania minis made out of?

>Gee Duubs tears

So resin then?

I don't really know, sorry.

I just wanted to make the joke.

But maybe lookup review of previous kickstarts? They are probably sticking to their methods.

Gav called, said yer a faget

okay lmao which one of you /b/tards did this

Certainly not me.

How do you tell Knights-Errant from Knights of the Realm?

epik.

Knight Errants had less crunk helmets.

Behavior is one way, too. Knight-errants are going to be very rowdy and charge-happy. They have something to prove, after all.

Knights of the Realm will also be wearing multiple coats of arms; theirs and their family or lord's.

They have more loot on them.

Knight Errants scream in a higher pitch

Looks like GW just released the 2016 best sellers list.

Oh wow, who'd have thunk its all the most expensive models? People sure love them an Archaon on Derpdragon and Alarielle on Dungbeetle!

This is warhammer we're talking about though, they have ships that are way over the top massive in addition to more normal ones. The reik is based on the Rhine, but much larger according to he sources that actually describe its size

I actually liked the Ariella mini. The Archaon mini is trash, though.

The beetle is good, she's good, they just don't go together and its a bad version of Alarielle herself. It makes a better Ariel.

you might be right in that they are trying to push that stuff, but you have t remmber people reallyu love those shitty overcomplex giant clusterfucks for whatever reason.

Eh, I didn't like her old mini. It looked pretty crap to me.

Old or really old?

I love her first, like the second, and don't consider the third to be Alarielle at all. Its their strange Ariel/Alarielle SU fusion shit. Its a decent Wood Elf, but Alarielle will always be a High Elf to me.

It's not a warhammer fantasy model though, AoS alarielle changed a lot from warhammer alarielle. plus the form she's in now is a seasonal aspect of war, she usually looks closer to warhammer alarielle in her other forms.

Do agree that she doesn't really match with the beetle though, she'd look better on foot or flying. Unfortunately gw insists that every hero in AoS rides some fuckheug realm monster so they can add more shit to their already overdone models and charge you for it

Yeah, but cheap r&f boxes are where you start an army.

You will always sell more of those than the centerpiece just by the nature of how building an army works.

I didn't care for the one from 8'th edition. She had this weird looking helmet crown that looked like rubbish and her staff looked way too thick for her proportions.

Yeah, she had the features of early metal Citadel minis but in resin.

It looked strange.

The best sculpt was on her body and feet, the head and staff were kind of fucked up.

But sticking another staff and head on were easy fixes. Nothing can make the new one into a High Elf. She's like a Lizardmen Elf.

At least the new one is not as terrible looking as Archaon and Nagash.

wut

your point makes a lot of sense, but centre pieces are so important in AoS i heard people saying (i think about orc savages but i am not sure) that x faction was not bad, but lacked a centre piece, if this is true( and i am not sure it is), people like centre pice big stuff and actually need them to make a good army.Also consider these are new. You can buy your rank and file second hand, but it's very hard to find these ones.

Nagash is okay, the problem is his stupid pope hat. Its an interesting idea to have a giant character who isn't on a mount. He's just cheesy as hell.

Then again, I love swirling ghosts so I may be biased.

People compare The Empire to Germany, but size-wise, The Empire is actually much closer to being the size of the entire holy roman empire. So it throws people and scales off a lot. The Reik is actually very wide.

Ah, but the precious Sigmarines and Khorne whatevers are new. The Khornes especially are made to go with Archaos there.

GW just shoved the most expensive models as "best sellers" like they do every time.
Like their holiday gift ideas for non-gamers has the $1000 Khorne castle at the top.

>Buying Dwarf army
>Accidently buy 43 miners
>mfw

So, as a guy who just started wargaming,can some one describe to me what the gameplay of WHFB is like? I just bought a box of Warriors of Chaos, and they came with square bases, and I am planning on fleshing it out to a full force. However, I want to know what the gameplay of what WHFB and AoS is like before I commit to one type of base, or the other.

The ship in that picture doesn't seem out of placed for a 16th century galleon. If we take the Mary Rose (flagship of King Henry VIII) as an example, it would only displace around 700 tons. There are much bigger ships going up and down the Rhine today.

WFB is a complex wargame based on historical wargames of the 1970's that evolved until literally every other wargame is based on it. Formation and movement is extremely important.

AoS is a very simplified WFB. It plays like a demo game version.

If you've ever played a Total War game, that's WFB. If you've played Starcraft or Warcraft, that's like AoS but without any troop production.

Oh, I should mention you can use square bases in AoS, you cannot use round bases in WFB.

So if you want to play both go square.

Yeah, I have always hated huge hats in Warhammer and for some reason GW decided to stick with the meme that Nagash has the worst hat of them all.

There are plenty of tabletop gaming channels on youtube. I'm sure mentioning any specific ones will trigger an avalanche of hate from grognard posters over how they get everything wrong, but off the top of my head miniwargaming springs to mind. They have both Fantasy and AoS videos up, so it makes for an easy comparison.

But if you put them on square bases, I doubt there would be any reason that you couldn't use them to play Age of Sigmar. Whereas you can't really rank models up properly for Fantasy if they're on round bases. So you might as well put them on square bases and have the option to play both.

Gav Thorpe claims elves don't fall to Chaos. Generally speaking anything Gav says about Fantasy is shit.

Amusingly, there's a melancholy love song called 'The Reik is Wide,' which I only assume gets drunken Altdorfers crying in their cups.

Gav is also the guy that wrote the Storm of Chaos ending who everyone cherished.

>If you've played Starcraft or Warcraft, that's like AoS

Same artstyle, too, if you mean Starcraft 2.

Only because GW finally acquiesced to fan demand that Archaon lose, as he'd been losing everything since the campaign began like the fucking fag he is.

Archaon was literally a bigger loser than Abaddon in at campaign. Abaddon actually kinda won the Eye of Terror campaign.

What happened to him?
He used to be a chill dude.

He probably ended up recenting a good part of the fanbase and became bitter. He was kinda the Matt Ward punchingbag back in the day.

He was never cool, he was always the try hard wannabe that was a bit of a shit.

Ironically he seems to be doing the best at GW itself out of all the staff that used to be in WD.

But that's BS. There's no reason elves wouldn't fall to Chaos. I can accept that they are resistant, due to discipline and such, but if they could not fall at all, the Old Ones would never have made the dwarfs, whose only real advantage over the elves in terms of chaosfightyness is their inherent resistance to all things warpy.

The Elves were Gav's pet race and he spoiled them quite a bit.

It's BS if we go by Dark Elves fluff. Hell, Malus Darkblade killed a version of himself that had fallen to Chaos.

We could use more races with TLC instead of wanking Chaos ad nasuam.