Education and the role of the Mechanicus

So something I've always been curious about is how exactly prevelent are the mechanicus in various non forge worlds and the role they play in various fields.

I know they are the purveyors of various scientific and technological knowledge and ability but are they the only ones essentially allowed to be engineers and what not ? Do they sanction and approve schools of learning for worlds advanced enough or do they handle those functions themselves?

Plenty of non-mechanicus do engineering, but they aren't as well trained. The more senior engineers are occasionally recruited into the mechanicus.

Oh baby, those hips.

That mechanibabe just stole my heart, if you get me. Wouldn't mind cleaning her tubes. I'd clean those heat sinks any day.

>Her
My fucking sides

Literally has boobage and hips as well as a much more slender form, by tech priest standards.
Bet it even has an intake port near the waste processing.

> I'd show her the pleasures of Slaanesh, if you know what I mean...

If you show the right aptitude or are of the right birth, AdMech will take you in from early age and educate you in all the thing you need to know.

They don't teach masses. Average citizen doesn't really need to read or write and Adeptus Administratum raises their own bureaucrats, AdMech doesn't help with that.

One of the Cain books specified that there was a school to become engineseers and general technical stuff that was connected to the Mechanicum, I imagine that the closest Forgeworld would approve and certify schools like that to make sure the planet has a number of engineseers to deal with basic maintenance of techological stuff. Stuff that gets too complicated for your engineseers you just call the local Forgeworld to help you.

They do have entire armies of lesser technicians, especially on forge worlds. People born and raised to keep a specific set of machinery working.

Like are they born born or are they grown in a jar but to be more then a servitor?

Born born usually. Forge worlds are basically very high tech hive worlds dominated by the mechanicus. Everyone there is a devout member of the machine cult, in the same way that everyone born on a shrine world is a devout member of that shrine's imperial cult.

Scientific knowledge comes from the mechanicus so if you want to learn about it, you'll learn it from them or someone sanctioned by them(with their approval or not). This is actually a pretty good excuse for why so many worlds aren't as advanced as they could be. Mind you, not the only reason. The more tech you have or want, the further up your asshole and all over your business the mechanicus get to be. This is not including all the other imperial institutions you may have to juggle in order to keep power(and your head).

Born. Most of the members of the Cult of Mars are barely modified.
Forge worlds are the imperial worlds with the second highest population after all. Then there are the knight worlds which are dominated by the Cult. Vassal worlds of the AdMech that don't fall in those categories tend to be closer to the Cult than the Ecclesiarchy, I think.

And on every imperial world there's a population true to the Cult around. How big depends on the planet.
On the one of Titanicus they made up around half of the population.

Interesting.

Next question regarding the admech since this seems to be the topic for it.

For Mechanicus assigned to planets as enginseers do they tend to have minor temples to take in locals and sanction them? In turn, do the local mechanicus members become part of the planets culture while still retaining their faith in the Omnissiah?

Their workshops double as minor temples (And most techpriests would say that every little bit of tech is a temple unto itself) and the cult mechanicus and their internal culture is one of the more uniform parts of Human space.

Good. Good.

Lots of learning happening here.

So then, in regards to things like manufacturing of weapons I imagine only particular ones like power weapons would be under the sole purview of a forgeworld while easy shit like autoguns and lasguns are able to be made on some random hiveworld's manufactorum with the appropriate level of mechanicus oversight of course.

Yeah, pretty much. Your average forgeworld probably also produces a prestigious amount of high quality lasguns and other common gear, but they're also made in regular manufactorums across the galaxy.

Alright.

So in regards to the game, if I wanted to have proper vendors in an area. Kinetic and las weapons would be rather common in shops on most planets (give or take their tech levels) while things like bolters you'd have to go to special vendors and those you'd probably only find on big freighters and fairly populous planets like hiveworlds.

Everything else would be some kind of heirloom or have a story of how it ended up in the hands of [insert npc here]

Do novice Tech Marines operate the vehicles?

This will help.

It should be noted that lesser forms of tech heresy often have very mild punishments, like extra tithes, mandatory penance prayers (Of the normal "get on your knees and apologize to the machine god/emperor for an hour" variety), or just a stern talking to and a quick inspection to make sure you didn't break the tech with your dirty monkey hands.

Any recommended reading where they're the focus?

Of course, if you're trying to use that tech, constantly being harassed by tech priests who don't care that you've already been assessed a penalty will quickly add up to a lot of punishment.

While not the primary focus they do feature prominetly in the book Fortress of Arrogance where a Cadian Tank regiment is dispatched to Golgotha to retrieve Yarrick's Baneblade of the book's name.

The Mechanicus in the area were interested in ruins hinted at being ruins of a Squat homeworld and they were looking for notes to help improve their teleporter tech (they were assholes as well).

Another book I believe, who's name I can't remember, goes on about how the Mechnicus secretly worship the void dragon .