Why will Chaos eventually rule the 40K universe?

Why will Chaos eventually rule the 40K universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chaos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so GW can eventually sell a new IP with hope as the main selling point

Hahaha not what I was looking but the most probable

Who else could win? The imperium's main selling point is "declining Rome" and it makes 0 sense for them to win. Every other faction win is a loss narrative-wise so might as well be chaos. Then they can age of sigmar it at least.

Oh FFS...
Chaos winning =/= Death of Humanity =/= Abaddon conquering Terra

The reason it's said that chaos has won is that the entire galaxy is in a state of conflict, creating mass destruction, death, mayhem, and emotions. All of which is empowering Chaos and feeding them greatly. The gods have everything they could want and are pretty much fully in favor of maintaining the status quo. That's a pretty good place to say that someone's won, or at least winning.

A better question is when will The Stormcast Eternals arrive to save the galaxy?

>Because GW thought it was a good idea to make it so that if the Imperium loses, Chaos Autowins, no exceptions. I mean seriously, what the fuck, If the Emperor dies, Chaos is no longer held back? Thanks for Invalidating the Entire setup of 40k being a multifaction Wargame just so you could push your pet "Imperium vs. Chaos" narrative as important.

Because they are the good guys of the setting

Chaos being pushed so fucking hard is part of what pushes me away from Warhammer Fantasy. I think Chaos is a very cool faction in both settings, probably my favorite in 40K, but the whole "Chaos is fated to win in the end" thing is the worst. It makes the other villainous factions seem inconsequential and it's not even cool or fun, Archaeon is awful and if WHFB wasn't dead I wish they'd kill him off. I'm way more attached to say, Grimgor or Vlad because they don't get to bullshit their way into victory and all losses being written off as inconsequential.

40K is still safe from this, Chaos may be the primary evil faction but Necrons, Tyranids etc are still consequential.

So will skub kill skub while also then fully destroying the skub of the skub sector?

What about skubfags who in turn really are the skubs of the setting?

lol your forgetting how the skub came back and completely fucking destroyed the skub planet and the other skubs are coming back.

Age of Skub will come when The Fall of Skub is near.

Face it GW sucks to much skub cock

I agree with basically all of this, honestly if the 40k does come down to a definitive end point I think it would be most satisfying to have it be "the imperium is torn asunder by the tyranids, orks, necrons, chaos and all of its various enemies and they fight over the scraps until the next epoch of history begins" rather than the all powerful uber antagonist curb stomping everyone. There are even hints of the first one in the fluff (like how both the tyranids and chaos are on a collision course for earth) but i'm sure GW will ignore it in favor of the galaxy being dragged into a dark corner by the chaos gods or (even worse) the Imperium winning and then GW proceeding to jerk off the Imperium even harder than they already are.

Fucking skubfags face it the skub is going forward

Skub will win

In 40k Chaos ISN'T winning. Chaos has ALREADY won. A galaxy in which Chaos is happiest is one experiencing constant turmoil and strife and upheaval and conflict. Sound familiar?

Stop memeing. Chaos' end goal is nothing less than devouring all reality.

I get your point but then look at the End Times; clearly GW's vision of a Chaos victory is Chaos murdering literally everyone as well as reality itself. 40K is not there yet, and there is still some (small) hope of the Imperium, Eldar, Tau, etc. improving the galaxy in the future.

If only they actually did that instead of being Grimderpy edgelords who are only interested and able to Kill the universe with no effort or repercussions simply because "The Plot (AKA GW's Middle School level Writers) Demands it". It's funny that the Orks are a better representation of Chaos than Chaos is.

Chaos has also been rewritten a shitton of times. Hell Chaos Undivided and Lesser Chaos Gods aren't even canon anymore so I doubt the current GW writers are even capable of properly using Chaos in the setting except as the crazy metalhead rapemurders. Subtlety and nuance were ejected from the entire faction ages ago in favor of the mutilated freak we have now.

>Green retards are a better representation of Chaos than the breakdown of natural order

Blame GW's writers

No, I think I'll blame you for not understanding chaos.

Ohhhhhhh. It's been 10k years.

>They did win.

Blame everyone for not understanding my retarded edgy story that infests Veeky Forums

I hope it gets reset since then we dont have to deal with 40k on Veeky Forums anymore these threads already show us its a shit community

>skub will win
anti-skubfags btfo.

>Throw Daemons at shit and rapekilldeath the fuck out of it.
>"Natural" breakdown of Order

Chaos neither exhibits traits that are particularly Chaotic aside from the odd Warband or two that GW doesn't have Abbadon auto-charm, nor does it's primary danger come from naturally occurring Heresy, but rather from Conventional warfare and the Edgy, Mind-controlling, bullshit that is Warp corruption. Understanding how Chaos works shows that Chaos is barely even connected to it's namesake concept anymore.

It doesn't help that GW deliberately got rid of Chaos Undivided and threw everything into one of the four gods playpen's instead of actually utilizing the concept to make Chaos extend beyond the domains of the big four

>>"Natural" breakdown of Order

No, breakdown of natural order.
As in the laws of physics being erased and space-time and everything within it coming apart.

Chaos != lolsorandom

I prefer just expanding the domains of the Four. Have every daemon related to one of them, but don't make it done obvious form that even a child could catalogue. If authors weren't limited to daemons who had models, this would be much easier.

This horrific blob monster covered in teeth and eyes? Well it could be Tzeentch from the shifting form, or it could be Nurgle from its gelatinous and decaying nature. But turns out it's a Slaanesh entity representing the physical manifestation of excess sloth.

>Chaos != lolsorandom

But thats wrong you moron

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chaos

No.
End-game for the universe is necrons, orks and tyranids fighting forever

Orks won.
>In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war

I mostly prefer GW's hack writers not fucking up perfectly fine parts in favor of replacing it with what amounts to fanfic tier writing.

I miss Sandy Mitchell

You need to expand your cultural depth beyond paddling pool level.
Chaos in 40k represents both the breakdown of order and the protean formless void.

and you need to learn that words mean things and you don't just get to decide they don't when it suits you

>and you need to learn that words mean things

I know words mean things.
You seem to think that they only mean one thing.
Did you know that they can actually mean more?

Perhaps after you wrap your brain around that you can think about whether a faction of daemons was based more on ancient myth and philosophy or your flawed conception of random chance.

>Chaos in 40k represents both the breakdown of order and the protean formless void.
>Chaos isn't sacrificing it's identity by violating the definitions and boundaries of Chaos, because ancient civilization X, Y, and Z all have Chaos be like this

And just like GW, they too had shit writers who felt the need to shove an edgy doomsday group of entities into their creation myth, and lump it under the terms of Chaos.

There are two problems here:
1. GW is in no way capable of conveying the actual Chaoticness of Chaos which is what the above poster was saying about the Orks being more like what Chaos is supposed to be than Chaos is currently
2. I know damn well that Chaos has ties to ancient mythology, but the post that started this discussion about definitions was one that Chaos was explicitly NOT random which is patently untrue

Not the user you replied to but the collapse of existence into nothingness doesn't evoke a sense of chaos, just destruction.

What the chaos gods actually want is the empyrean and realspace to become one, a world where there are absolutely no rules that is truly chaotic.

It just happens that the primary way they are trying to create this world, through the fairly non-chaotic black crusades, makes them look like generic "army of mordor" villains. So in the present setting, yes, orks are better representations of chaos than the chaos space marines