Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11971577
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons
paizo.com/threads/rzs2sd9o?Sacred-Fist-Pummeling-Charge
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/master-of-many-styles
pastebin.com/9y0vR08f
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1046595
youtube.com/watch?v=ADyZzGqwpHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dont post in this thread, let it die untill the old thread is at page 8

I'd rather post here and have this one going over the "better" one.

People come from different boards. Page 2 with auto sage will spell death if you don't start up a new topic.

Just wait dude. Waiting wont kill you.

I'd like some advice.

I am a Cleric 7/ Wizard 3/ Mystic Theurge 1.

I want to build the ultimate magic item crafter. So far I have craft wondrous and spellcraft skill focus, and some arcane armor wearing feats.

I can only use the core book and advanced X books (race/class/player.)

I already have something of an idea of what I can do to move forward. I'm going to make a Ring of Craft Magic after picking up forge ring at this level. I'd really like to know how to reduce crafting tie/cost if possible.

Why wait

Please direct yourself to the old thread, you'll get a more expedient answer.

Vote for your favorite player/character in Molthune!

strawpoll.me/11971577

never fall for the 8 player party meme

Now that the other thread is on page 8, Let us post.

I kinda like Nienke Comburetur.

>I kinda like Nienke Comburetur.

t. HotelKilo

Actually i'm SwimmingEagle.

Why is 2hu doing so well in the poll?

Because some nigger keeps shitting up these threads with 2hate, so people are voting the other way to fuck him off.

Report and Ignore.

Gonna shill this this game one more time before i go to bed.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons

Apply here if you want to be dragons. or servants of dragons. or children of dragons.

>ERP game

FUCK

>Ponder character
>Hmm, maybe a mage?
>Go the old book-focus?
>Maybe some glasses.

And then you realize you're basically just making Dragon Princess 2.

Jeez.

Oh wait... shit. that was actually a hold over from when i was gonna do RotJR. my bad.

Duit

>all Paizo allowed

Blood Money and Sacred Geometry cool with you?

Go fuck yourself.

Sure thing, if you want to crash the economy to the point where all forms of currency are devalued to worthlessness.

I may well do it, you know.

I mean I don't even have to try and name one of the other nameless Princesses, since she's literally one of TWO PEOPLE in the dang game with an actual name.

Wait Dragon princess 2 has a name?

So why are DSP and SoP listed with "tentative only, don't break this stuff" but for Paizo stuff it's "All allowed"?

Dude are you really gonna split hairs here?

Yeah.

Her thing is that she's been studying and manipulating all the godly magic that the other Princesses can get you in that generation, so while the others are all 'god/goddess of X', her 'god' is 'Freyda, Dragon Princess of Ice'

It's the results of her research rather than actual worship of a deity.

So yeah. Her name is Freyda.

The only other person with a name rather than a title is Smugh, the asshole wizard god of chaos and laziness.

Just telling you to be clearer with that chargen, it sounds like you're totally fine with all Paizo.

There is too much content to Pathfinder to make a list of the borderline broken stuff

Ban tier 1s.

Is this Molthune game still accepting players?

"Ban everything that could be associated with something broken" is the path to insanity

I think it's still at the 'posting applications' stage.

i AM good with all paizo. But if, while in game, you do something that ruins the game, i reserve the right to retcon your actions, give consequences to your actions, or simply boot you from the game.

So tread carefully if you try to exploit shit. I'm generally a nice guy, with the patience of a saint even. I'll give you warnings too, its not just BAM gone.

How many sad nerds amongst her clergy and knightly orders would be romantically obsessed with Iomedae in secret?

What's my options for shortstack races, here?

Halfling, Gnome, and Goblin.

I think they want to be her, not in her.

Don't forget kobolds!

kobolds are not shortstack
kobolds are thin and fit

Rip shit poster i guess. wow.

Aww, what did I miss?

Nothing interesting, the good shitfit was last thread.

Oh poo was it the witch hunter? Also boo I'm not even getting (you)s anymore

Is an arcane caster needed in a group with a strong support cleric?

Don't arcane casters generally have better battlefield control and debuffs to apply to enemies? Necessary? Probably not, but I imagine they'd still be a leg up.

divine and arcane magic are very different

Depends on the campaign, but the cleric certainly won't be able to do everything an arcane caster could. They only have very limited access to spells for speeding up travel, for instance.

I understand, but I mean in terms of application and dealing with situations.
Is the difference in spells that vast?

Yes, that's like the entire purpose of different spell lists.

I'm trying to avoid a "you don't have this class, you are dealing with this, lol getrekt" bullshit.
I know they have different spell lists, but I'm asking that in actual play, do they make an ocean of difference in party success, versus theories about what spell you COULD have or what prep work you may have, often did not, do.

As long as the dm isn't "Guess my one answer or get hecked" you should be able to function with nearly any party. Yeah, full arcane casting makes it easier, but it's not mandatory.

Since i'm an uncreative fuck, or i want to see more discussion her; What sort of amenities would you expect to see in a Demi plane that's home to around one thousand people/dragons that's been around for at least one thousand years?

Flourishing harems of attractive humanoids

Outsiders, that way you can touch fluffy aasimar tails.

Mengkare is already doing that without a demiplane!

Honestly we need to discuss the setting a bit more, we always had a gay old time discussing or bashing that!

Its a Demi-plane hidden somewhere in Eastern Taldor.

In my eternal quest to pounce harder than any one has pounced before: ive discovered Monk of Many Styles1/ Sacred FistX.

You get pummeling charge at level two and can combine it with drsgon stance at level seven.

You don't get pummeling charge at 2.

i too have found this glory. Walk the path you must Sir pouncealot.

Also having ideas that a brand new, albiet lazy, draconic overlord might be just the thing to MAKE TALDOR GREAT AGAIN!

Are you sure

Yes i do.

Yes

Warpriest Sacred Fist 1: Pummeling Style, Improved unarmed strike
Master of Many styles 1: Pummeling Charge
Warpriest Sacred Fist 2: Power attack
Warpriest Sacred Fist 3:
Warpriest Sacred Fist 4: Weapon focus
Warpriest Sacred Fist 5:
Warpriest Sacred Fist 6: Dragon Style, Dragon Ferocity
Warpriest Sacred Fist 7:
Warpriest Sacred Fist 8: Combat style master
Warpriest Sacred Fist 9:
Warpriest Sacred Fist 10: Quicken Blessing

Also you are a level 11 Warpriest at level 12.

Pummeling charge is not a style feat, it's only a combat feat. You don't get bonus any bonus feat that's part of a style as a MoMS monk, only feats that are the [style] type.

Wouldn't Thuvia and Osirion be home to these dragons? Those regions are home to many Blues, who are the types to form harems.

I'm more interested about how he bypassed the +6 bab requirement

The old MoMS let you choose any style feat without pre-reqs if you had the previous in the line I'm like 30% sure.

I dont think Culdranth has a harem. She's just had a millennium of short relationships and one night stands.

Shitfuck. You sure?

paizo.com/threads/rzs2sd9o?Sacred-Fist-Pummeling-Charge

Errata, brah.

Ya got erratta'ed son.

That thread is over a year old.

Do any of the PoW disciplines enhance fear effects as a theme?

: (

The archive of netheys still allows it...

Further, do they allow for escalation of fear effects?

No, the Archives of Nethys may list the old version. It's up to the DM to allow it
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/master-of-many-styles

Why not just write it down anyway?
Who knows, maybe the GM is none the wiser
This is highly illegal tho

I think it was changed for PFS.

So i think it can be safely ignored.

Walk the path of pounce build poster. but ask your gm if its okay.

dont look for scapegoat

I don't think so. Black Seraph has some fear-based stuff, though.

It is a bit stronk. The pounce isn't as good as others but you are a sixth level divine caster.

Apart from that, the uMonk has the best pounce, due to dimension door range, but the barbarian is much harder to kill.

Pretty sure they said it was done because most people only took MoMS for like 2-4 levels at most.

Eternal Guardian covers this, and yes, fear effects explicitly stack with each other.

This is a place with at least 9 generations of Dragons, Half dragons, and dragon blooded humans.

I think one thing this place should have, is a sense of verticalty.

If a thousand people live here, not including big Culdranth herself, it should have every amenitity of a large town or small city. Restaurants, public bathhouses, A theater/arena, maybe a park or two. and it scale up, rather than out. Like a city build around a missile silo or into the side of a cliff.

That's just one Blue out of many! We don't know if there are others with harems!

There's probably quite a few harem-keeping dragons in Casmaron, considering the culture out there supports the wealthy having concubines. You guys want to read about decadence and massive scales? Read about the Keleshite Empire; supposedly, part of Qadira's annual tribute to them includes a hundred virgins as royal concubines.

So what you're saying is, SwimmingEagle should base his campaign in Garund with everyone as scions or servants of Culdranth?

Well its entirely possible, it IS in a demi-plane, You can stick it anywhere. You could stick it in the crown of the world if you wanted to. You could stick it in Hermea if you wanted to.

Can I get some feedback and review on my Molthune Knights backstory and backstory?

Backstory: pastebin.com/9y0vR08f

Sheet: myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1046595

I still need a first level feat, but am kind of at a loss on what to take. Same with my later two magic talents. I had a thought to take Destruction+Energy Blade as my talents, with either focused blast type group or improved energy blade as my feats. I worry about the effectiveness of that though, since I'd likely want the feat that removes the AoO on it, but that's behind combat casting, making the full chain four feats and two talents, and only works well with one blast type. Other suggestions for feats/talents would be greatly appreciated.

If people could audit the sheet to make sure I did everything right, that'd be really helpful too.

Doesn't need to be a demiplane, it could be a vast subterranean city built alongside an oasis, or maybe a big ole sinkhole where the buildings are built inside it?

I personally like the idea of a demi plane, simply because it gives a fantastic explanation for Ignorant isolation and a sort of "plug and play" nature of the home base.

Still, i personally like the idea of the campaign being primarily in Avistan.

that said, southern Thuvia looks like an interesting place to start.

The unchained barbarian had lost spell sunder and come and get me?

>Southern Thuvia
>Party's goal is to steal the plans to Sun Orchid Elixir

UC Barb is shit.
SHIT!
S
H
I
I
I
I
T
!
!

Unchained Rogue and Monk are better.
Unchained Barbarian and Summoner are worse.

Someone posted a fantastic dump on Brevoy, and since we're trying to get back into the swing of things with setting lore I think I'll repost it here!

>Kurwa Lore Dump 1/6?

>Brevoy, Struggle Between Feuding Noble Hoses Thrones Yeah, Game of Thrones Yeah!
>Music to listen to (updated!) youtube.com/watch?v=ADyZzGqwpHU

>Major religions,
Abadar, Gorum, and Pharasma primarily, with the last one most beloved and worshipped by the commonfolk and whose clerics most serve as midwives, healers, and morticians. There are also many people who still preserve the “Old Ways” of nature worship, and many people in Issia make sacrifices and worship weird and bizarre things, some even worshipping something within the Lake of Mists and Viels that claims to be the True Master of Brevoy.

>Rough History
Brevoy is a cold, harsh, and unforgiving land, just likes its people. The soil is almost always frozen, fishing can only be done is the incredibly short spring and summer, and nearly every noble is a greedy prick who spends his time holed up in his stronghold, eyeing his neighbor’s lands. Brevoy is divided into two halfs, Issia to the north, and Rostland to the south. Issians are insular and enigmatic, and usually practive weird rituals and traditions, while Rostlanders are outgoing and welcoming, but super obsessed with “Muh Honor” and “Muh Standing”, and will take offence to the most minor slight against them, often resulting in the offender either being carted to the magistrate, or forced into a duel for their honor on the spot. They are honestly kinda crazy and hotheaded, but super loyal if you can earn said loyalty.

For Thousands of years House Surtova ruled Issia, a house of cunning pirates and scoundrels who raided across the Lake of Mists and Veils, and most of Issia was ruled through cunning and the fact that they tend to rely on the Lake and Piracy to survive. This place is cold, brutal, and the natives here don’t play nice with others.

Rostland meanwhile was settled and colonized by Taldan Explorers under the leadership of Baron Sirian First, who was an impulsive dick who fled to Brevoy after losing too many duels in Taldor. The small colony was quickly assaulted and taken over by a Bandit Lord from the River Kingdoms who was a master swordsman, who challenged Sirian to a Duel, with the wager of the Bandit’s Head vs half the Baron’s fortune. Baron whupped and humiliated, paid the ransom, and fled to another land, leaving the Bandit Lord to take the place over. Fast forward several years and Sirian returns back, calling himself Sirian Aldori, a as a complete BAMF, challenges the bandit lord to a rematch, and defeats him almost instantly. After reestablishing his rule, Baron Aldori issued a challenge to anyone willing to face it for a reward of 100K gold: they had to beat him 1v1 in a sword fight.

Thousands of men answered the call of challenge, and not a single one could beat him, and so Baron Aldori was proclaimed as the greatest swordsman in the world. Eventually, Aldori passed his techniques on to a small group of pupils, made them swear to an oath of secrecy and to take the name Aldori, and vow never to pass on the techniques to anyone not of the Sword-Pact. Thus the Aldori Swordlords were born.

Then, in 4499 AR, a badass Warlord from Iobaria named Choral Rogarvia, or Choral the Conquerer pimped right into the region with a huge army of Iobarians and an allegiance of a slew of Red Dragons and took the whole area over. House Surtova surrendered essentially immediately, and Issia was spared destruction, as the Surtovans decided to instead gain political power and worm their way into favor with Choral.

Rostland, on the otherhand refused to bow to the barbarian horde and the Swordlords, and attempted to fight against them. Their lands were heavily ravaged for their troubles, and the Swordlords were nuked with Dragon Fire until they surrendered. Choral then united and welded the formally separated and vastly different nations of Issia and Rostland into the single nation of Brevoy, established the Seven Great Noble Houses to serve under him and oversee the nation. House Rogarvia ruled over the United Brevoy, and Choral himself eventually disappeared somewhere deep within Gronzi Forrest, claiming to return one day when his people needed him most. i.e Choral is essentially Jaghati Khan.

Then one day, in the year 4699 AR, every single member of House Rogarvia spontaneously disappeared out of thin air. No trace, fortresses empty and undisturbed, they were just all gone. After this, due to their constant political maneuvering and advancing since pledging allegiance to Choral, House Surtova, led by King-Regent Noleski Surtova swiftly came to power as the rulers of Brevoy and holder of the Dragonscale Throne in the Ruby Fortress in New Stetven. However, it still remains to be seen if they can hold the throne, as even now Rostalnd chaffes under the Issian’s rule, and the many other noble houses now maneuver to gain land and power and to seize the Dragonscale Throne for themselves.

Gronzi Forest is a creepy dark forrect that supplies lumber to New Stetven. It extends into the foothills of the Icerime Peaks, though hunting and woodcutting is largely unregulated in the wester reaches. Choral disappeared her for some reason, probably to become a witcher.

The Icerime Peaks are the Alps essentially, cold mountains covered in ancient as fuq ruins form the Iobarians and other lost civilizations, also abandoned mines and dungeons haunted by iceshades.

New Stetven is the capital, established by Choral, and is the main trade hub of goods flowing between Rostland and Issia. Food shipped from New Stetven supplies and feeds people in the River Kingdoms, Numeria and Mendev, since those places are often too tumultuous and dangerous to grow their own food, and as such you can often find goods from those places (like Numerian Skymetal) in the bustling markets of New Stetven. As the Capital, it is where the Ruby Fortress and Dragonscale Throne of Choral are, currently held by House Surtova

Port Ice is the ancestral seat of House Surtova, and has many roads connecting it to smaller fishing villiages. During the spring and summer, Port Ice is a bustling hub of fishing, then in the winter the walled city closes up everything and hunkers down to ride the winter out, relying on the food stores built up during the warm months to survive the harsh Brevin winter. It is ruled by King Noleshi’s uncle, Domani Surtova

Why is unchained barb considered worse? They get their bonus to attack and damage now instead of as an enhancement bonus to strength so now it stacks with items that enhance strength. What am I missing?