Warhammer 40k General

If you reply to OP you will have grainy primer all of 2017 Edition.

>Previous thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Dragons are red, Avengers are blue, the Wraithknight is huge, and he's going to kill you):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/327601-malchys-white-faces-carcharodon-hh-raven-guard-hh-nl/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for grainy primer

1st for the greater good

Tau are so bad :(

Read the Badab wars (Mega in the OP has a PDF), I am pretty sure they have some bits and bobs in there, due to the fact that they are a FW faction.

Also check this dude's Carcharadon's out! They are amazing.
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/327601-malchys-white-faces-carcharodon-hh-raven-guard-hh-nl/

Not even the dead may know peace from this hell.

Jokes on you I already fuck up 20 models due to Vallejo white primer ate some of the plastic.

Quick! The hot Inquisitor asks for a 1850 points competitive list with no allies for BT and SoB!

Can you waacfag enough to complete her request?

>tfw you reply just as everyone moves to a new thread

If you don't reply to this post your mother will get grainy primer in her sleep

hey guys i'm a newb to 40k
i got a "start collecting skitarii" box and read through the codex.
now i know that tere are skitarii maniples but can i combine them with other imperial forces such as the guard?

Read in the BRB about allies, then read the Skitarii codex about ally tables.

yes
any detachment/formation can be added to other lists
the guard are part of the imperium and as such ally as battle brothers

>BRB
what is that

>1850 points competitive list with no allies for BT and SoB

So is that two 1850pts, for each, or one 1850pt list of BT/SoB.

Because if the latter, they don't share a codex and would default be using allies...

Big rule book, a.k.a the rules
Its basically the book with rules in it.

"Big Red Book". The main rulebook.

BRB = Big Rule Book, the main source of rules. That is the slang for it.

Finally, a question that the scrubs of Veeky Forums actually know the answer to.

One for SoB one for BT.

The hot inquisitor maybe accept either of them if you are not up to the challenge

Scratch that, someone called it the Big Red Book :(

That's the WHFB nickname

Has anyone had any success running non-vet mechanized guard? As in, you take PCSes and squads but give them all Chimerae?

It seems like a decent idea in a "predator satiation" way...

The issue is that the chimera generally costs more than the passengers.

I fail to see the alleged problem.

The thing is you take mech guard as vets owing to the BS4 firepower they can put out with 2x melts/plasma from the hatch. BS3 doesn't feel right.

5$ of eggs in a 6$ eggtray.

this its the combined power of bs4 and the fact that you can actually fill the hatch with special weapons
the 4+ armor save (rerollable with a priest if i read the rules correctly ) is nice on plasma's to
the strength of infantry platoons liesin numbers and being a giant distraction while the guys that can actually kill shit above T6/av9 go upfield
a SWS with demolitions charges in a chimera is great fun when you can pull it of
i usually run a big blob of infantry with meltabombs on the sergeants and use my orders to run upfield
be aware though that multiple blast weapons will destroy you

Army Builder won't let me put the warbuggies in a squadron of 5, so I had to list them separately.

Also, the warbuggies have twin-linked rokkits, but again, Army Builder wouldn't allow it.

Warboss and Painboy join the unit of Nobz.

Feedback appreciated.

>10 5-point wounds in front of a 65 point heavy weapons team

How many HWT die when the 10 wounds explode?

The problem is that tactical squads are terrible right now and as a BA player we dont get a plethora of free razorbacks.

The HWT is the Chimera. The guardsmen are ablative.

That being said, Grenadier MechVets is probably a way easier/cheaper/better idea.

I literally don't know anyone that actually plays those bullshit formations anyway. Why are people such cheese dicks in friendly games?
I mean... My Minotaurs army I am currently building might be cheesy, but I genuinely don't know.
Test game soon.

1500 list:

Asterion Moloc

5 x TH/SS termies

2 x 5 man tac squad w/ melts bombs

Sicaran w/ heavy Bolter/lascannons/accelerator cannon thingy

Spartan Assault Tank w/ multi meltas, heavy bolters, 2 x quad lascannons, armoured ceramite

Leviathan Dread in Lucius Drop Pod w/ claw, storm cannon, Ceramite Plating

1495/1500

I know a guy who brings a double Demi company to casual games. As a bonus his army is unpainted and half assembled. Oh and he proxies fucking everything. It's no surprise no one wants to play him.

I'm still waiting for your 1850 BT or SoB lists.

well youre not getting one because BT rules suck and SoB are the memeist army

I know a player like that, though his Is painted as ultras.

Odd thing is, HE never wants to play me, guess my orks are just too intimidating, or that my list is never the same twice.

Celestine
Uriah
20 sisters with a priest

10 seraphim
2X 4 Melta dominions in Immolators
3x Exorcist

Fill left over points with 5x sisters in rhinos
with 2x special weapons in each.

Why eggs user?

Bad list. 10 Seraphim with Celestin. The Optimal number is 8 with 2 pair of hand flamers and one character to avoid challenge insta kill of celestin.

20 blob sisters could work. For kill point games any other place is an stupid idea.

Try again.

new player (skitarii) here again. beein looking for the BRB. is it the 50 pounds box called "Warhammer 40,000 (English)"?
quite expensive but i assume its worth the money as it promises many pictures, stories and all the rules.
how often do they change the rules? im afraid i have to buy a new version in the near future

Puttig all your Eggs in one explosive basket

use a different army builder

Ad mech look extremely stupid. Skitarii look extremely awesome.

>im afraid i have to buy a new version in the near future
There are rumours of a imminent edition change though nothing specific.

You can buy the mini rulebook from a Dark vengeance kit for cheap online.
With the "official" book you are paying for three books and full size glossy colour pages.

>how often do they change the rules?
red lines represent frequency of main rulebook changes.

You can get a mini version of the rule book that's just the rules from the Death Masque box, should be somewhere on eBay for like $10

Ad mech and Skitarii generally look extremely stupid.
Mechanicus looks extremely awesome.

>Buying codex in 2016
>Wat

Srsly though how often is it an issue when someone only has their army's codex on their phone as an epub?

Stippled red line represents a fundamental shit in how army construction works

What's with the yellow?

White Dwarf? Digital?

I'm going to assume this was not a typo, user.

E: Now I want pizza. Damnit, RECAP...

What about the one from Death Masque?

The Septermber Sister of Battle codex was released in two SEPERATE versions of White Dwarf. A magazine. Talk about getting cuntpunched.

Digital only releases yeah.

I meant to update it but there's SOO much new shit, and' I'd have to consider supplements and ally dexes too.

>I'm going to assume this was not a typo

It's a typo no matter what, either it's a shit ON or a shift IN.

that's the one
and not that often but even my store manager has been saying the rules might change soon.
another option you have is buying the starter set
that has a "pocket" sized rulebook in there, the templates you will need for blasts and flamers and a lot of miniatures you can use to practice painting on for 15£ extra (keep in mind the templates are like 8£ to buy separately)
can't tell you whats in the extra 2 books that come with the big rulebook as i never bought it and got the starter set instead myself
welcome to the hobby user, hope you have a lot of fun with it

What is a decent load out for a chaos Contemptor dreadnought in a 1000 pts force? Conversion beamer? Butcher cannons?

The rest of my army is a mayhem pack (3 helbrutes), 2 oblits some havocs and a sorceror. Going for fun and decent rather than hyper competitive.

Didn't even know they had a 40k rule book, thought it was just another boardgame.

I had totally forgotten about that.

Geez sure they need some love. Maybe a fucking plastic kit of their basic troop choice.

>warboss
ehhehehe

>Started AoS because until we know more about 8th it's pointless to invest
At least it's an army i can largely jump across systems

Have you not seen the plastic Celestine? DO YOU NOT KNOW?

Now I feel the need to make a spread sheet with all the weapons, vehicles and units.

Their stats, points and model count.

Send it to GW because I'm sure as fuck they don't have one.

So maybe that way with a simple lookupv they would not fuck up so much

Nothing SoB related is real until I'm in a physical shop with the box in my hand.

good on you user
aos is a fun game to pick up and play
spent most of summer playing it
ended up coming back to 40k because the fluff is such a shitfest though

It's been officially teased by GW. There are pictures. Videos on youtube. Fall of Cadia.

IP was not one among the very first armies of 40k? Interesting

>I though of doing one yesterday as a quick lookup guide, maybe keywords too y'know (Plasma, Flamer, Melta, Bolt, Pulse, Las) for the purpose of rule that interact with weapon types.

THAT the AoS team got spot on.

>slaanesh is either MIA or KIA.

Dropped.

i would have played fantasy but my friends all decided that "space marines are manlier than wood elves"

Necrons and Tau only came out in 3rd, Dark Eldar in 2nd. There was a time when it was pretty much just space marines vs evil space marines. Not a lot has changed really.

Those are independant releases there was a bundle with a lot of armies combined at first.

You don't actually play sisters I guess.
Good job trying to memorize netlists though.

If GW removes Slaanesh from the setting, I will honestly jerk off in a box of daemonettes and submit it in for a refund, for the glory of the pleasure lord.

I heard that AoS is a lot more "balanced" in terms of list building, but is "shallower" to play
How true is it?

Vyridian, Celestin and the twins are not plastic troop choice.

Special characters in metal, resin or plastic mean shit when the army is all metal and older than some of players.

Have you ever played a game of fantasy? It usually revolves around deploying your models, and moving them forward, rolling dice, casting spells, and that's it. There's very little actual gameplay to it. The gameplay to be had is mostly in deployment and the magic phase.

So I'll be at Warhammer World on Monday, what is defiantly something worth going to see. Also if anyone has any question for the staff I can try and find some answers/responses.

I do, but from sheer experience MSU works best unless playing kill points. Then bring in the blob.

2x melta Dominions in an Immolator are almost mandatory.

Why the 8 Seraphim? Mostly due to deepstrike foot print. Unless I can bring allies to a mystic or servo skulls. 8 is the max.

Wasn't fantasy "Buy and build 500 quid+ models and 3 rulebooks and then get Purple Sun'd off the board"?

Yes.

AoS was a step forward.

They'll probably be showing off the Adeptus Titanicus stuff, go look at that.

And ask them if there'll be more Sisters coming.

Do you use natural material from the woods to decorate your model bases?

It is indeed shallower, there's is no relative strength or toughness, so a knight has a much chance to hit and wound a goblin as a star dragon.
Only how many hits they target can take and it's armour is different

You can shoot into and out of close combat so you can't hinder ranged units with melee, just hope to kill them faster.

weapon damage and rend are in there too.

Coming back to 40k after some 6/7 years away.
A buddy of mine and I split a Betrayal at Calth box, he is going Storm Wardens because he likes the color scheme, I have decided on Blood Ravens as I like their lore.
Can you make a psyker heavy loyalist marine force these days? I'm going for fluff over competitiveness since it will be just us for a while, and I'm still mulling over the book trying to decipher formations/decurions/cads/bighonkingdicks and all the other new shit in the game now.

8th edition was that, when the game was run by wizards and blobs of 50 models.

Prior to that flanking and rear charges made smaller units valuable

>You can shoot into and out of close combat
Sold

Here's the best example I can think of to give for fantasy, this may or not be relevant to AoS, but I bet it is:

In 7th edition fantasy, one of, if not THE strongest lists, was to use Teclis, the most powerful wizard in the game, put him in a unit of Phoenix Guard, who with their 4+ ward save (invuln) make a great bunker for him. They would put two other heroes in the unit for this reason - the command group (champion, banner, musician) had to go in the front rank. Two other heroes, and Teclis would be forced to the second rank of the unit, therefore unable to be attacked in melee. The rest of this army would seriously be nothing but fucking archers for the core. One unit of Phoenix Guard, two units of archers, 2 heroes and Teclis. ONLY TECLIS ACTUALLY KILLS ANYTHING. He would just dominate the magic phase and wipe out whole units by himself. He was so overpowered that this whole tactics was devised just to keep him safe and out of combat. And it worked. Like a fucking charm.

Disgusting. Magic was so fucking broken in fantasy I stopped playing after I play a game using this list once. The armies don't matter. It's literally just the wizards vs the enemy wizards. And if you didn't bring a level 4 wizard? Oh boy....

Psyker heavy loyalist forces are the basis for some of the most competitive lists, since certain psychic powers are busted.

How do you get a contemptor as chaos into a formation?

>Can you make a psyker heavy loyalist marine force these days?
>I'm going for fluff over competitiveness
Choose one.
SM psyker death stars is awful to face.

Wrong

>chaos into a formation?
You don't.

CAD or unbound.

Oh man and i thought 5th Ed Necrons were bad

>Tfw psychic death stars and Magnus

It's fantasy all over again.

No problem, I'll be trying to take as many pictures as I can and get a few notes regarding it.

Possibly posting while I'm there but more than likely when I'm back home.

>It's fantasy all over again.
And i have no Dwarves to flip off mages.

Whatever happened to Chapter Master and its successors