Homebrew warhammer fantasy race

First ten replies to propose the basic idea of a new race.

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/5826750/scientists-show-that-peter-pan-grows-up-with-a-shot-of-iodine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Octopus-people. Coming from the deep.

Their excrement is hallucinogenic

They're hunted nearly to extinction by hardcore druggies in search of a "new high"

Sigmar worshiping Skaven

Do they have glass water bubbles near their gills when on land?

What is their relatiosnhip with dark elf corsars?

>Do they have glass water bubbles near their gills when on land?
That's a bit silly, let's say they can survive on land for some time before they need to get back again.
>What is their relatiosnhip with dark elf corsars?
We could say that Corsars once drew inspiration from them, feared but respected them, but now it's a bloody rivalry.

Greedy hoarding Olms (or Olm-people) from underground underwater. They collect everything which drifts down to them from above.

Both underwater. So the race is a combination of both.

They have an Olm head with a beak. And the body is 6 very thick tentacles.

>underground underwater
They eat skaven for breakfast.

>Combining two separate cool ideas into one lame idea

For what purpose

we need one idea. So let's hear your opinion. What is better. Octopi Olm or a combinaiton?

They could weaponize their excretion to make hallucinogenic poison, even going as far as putting it into water supplies to make people lose their minds on hallucinogens.

clockwork necrons called neckrons

Fear the Shai-Hulud. Those olm people would drive whole villages mad. Then when LSD madness is runnign rampant they would enter to do their deed (steal the precious artifact/assisante an important person whatever).

No one believes they exist, they are just another hallucination.

io9.gizmodo.com/5826750/scientists-show-that-peter-pan-grows-up-with-a-shot-of-iodine

Most of the race is made of of pre methamorphed younglings.

They can regenerate any damage and live forever. But such bodies are week. When time demands it they will shower in sacred oil to transform. Their skin turns tougher ad the strenght greatly inrease. But they lose the ability to regenerate and their lifespan is now 20 years.

Would be intresting how such society could funciton.

The criminals are punished by forcing the metamorphosis?

I think it'd be cool if you had the young ones made to go out to the surface and actually do shit, while the old ones get to be lazy underground and collect the benefits.

Not that user, but I would say Olm People. Who doesn't like crazy blind motherfuckers.

Voting for this but not in favor of blindness, I just think octopeople are overdone.

They are also naga.like.

How come warhameer does not have creatures that are basicaly nagas? The closest I could find were some slaanesh mutation options for legs.

So the Olm-Hulud use their powefull tail to move their bodies, and have 4 arms with which to manipulate stuff.

Also I feel lizardmen with them. Maybe they were a pet project of a f1st generation Slann? And now they worship his skeleton in an underground temple?

I imagine metamorphosis to be an action of necessity in times of war and strife. Criminal acts might make a person's life finite, but a warrior caste needs to be engaged in metamorphosis in order to retain order

It is decided. We go for Olm People.

Minus the live forever thing and I think it's good. Even long lived is fine, forever is a bit much.

Pretty neat idea though, that in the underground waters you have the younglings happy and frolicking, but in dire times some shoulder the burden to mature to adults and fight, becoming monstrous.

Kind of neat actually, young they're like cute axolotl kids, adults they're huge salamander monsters.

Yeah live forever is too much. Just wanted to make the metamorphosis feel heavy. Maybe it just halves their remaning lifespan.

Maybe the physical aspects of it are just really undesireable, from a cultural perspective?

Like if the highlight of life is being a happy little olm kid, then turning into a big nasty ugly salamander monster, which is no longer aquatic either, it would probably suck and be looked down upon socially and culturally. Though at the same time you get to reproduce, so it's a catch 22.

reading stuff on salamanders.

Some reproduce without entering the adult stages.
If forced to transform in after reaching sexual maturity they become depressed and die without constant injection of hormones.

Are they governed by newts or salamanders? Old newt will be older then an old salamander and so supposedly more intelligent...

Do they mimic an existing culture? Which?

It's more interesting to make their culture something else. I like the idea of a leadership of people who will gly take on metamorphosis with a class of smaller, infantile types that live to be hundreds of years old.

Ok so to rule you have to take the sacred shower.

Are they Good or Evil? We already have elves as evil water race and Skaven as evil underground race so I wiould make them good. But lizardmen are already good... Your opnion?

Yes they do mimic a real life culture, Agartha.

It's true that they can breed while infantile, but I think it more interesting if said race can only breed once mature. Then you at least get some needed benefit to transforming, plus an interesting dynamic.

Maybe while young they live for an extended period of time but can't reproduce. Transforming lets them do that, but shortens their lifespan to your average standard race of around 50-100 years at the most. And of course, all the physical differences that come with transforming.

Just doing some casual skimming of the Olm Wikipedia page; apparently there is a lot of scientific curiosity and enthusiasm regarding them in their native Slovenia - even if we are choosing not to mimic a real world culture, maybe vaguely Slavic naming conventions would be appropriate.

Probably neutral. They live in such an isolated, removed environment, that the happenings of the rest of the world largely don't effect them.

Maybe they operate like that too. Imagine either extreme;

>World goes utterly to shit, and when there's nothing left topside to ruin, evil forces start coming down looking for anything left to ruin
>World goes peaceful and happy, prosperous humans and dwarves and others, start exploring and coming down for curiosity or prestige, because there's nothing threatening them so they're bored or looking for trade/money to be made

So your olm folks have a vested interest to make sure things always remain sort-of shitty, so that their society can thrive unbothered by anyone. If things get too good topside, they sabotage the good and assist the evil. If things get too shitty topside, they do the reverse.

Is there a way to make them neutral? Striking out at the surface world in a horrifying manner, but as a means of survival against encroaching threats?

Might be a neat inversel that the young are the ones that rule. It's a pretty common then that the older or more experienced are the rulers, or that one has to make some sacrifice to rule.

Instead here though, it could be the young ones that hold the positions of power. Plus if the idea that the older transformed ones are neccessary to the society but still kind of treated as pariahs for not being young, aquatic and (subjectively) beautiful, then it fits that they wouldn't wind up in positions of power all that often if at all.

There are canonically nagas in khuresh, but they, like much of the east, are not elaborated on at all

>Agartha
actualy never read the book. Time to go to wiki.

Yeah locals saw olms washed in the river and thought they were dragonspawn. So they condlued an actualy dragon lived in the caves from which the river originated.
I like the idea of havin a slavic influence on the, There is no slavic race and slavic cultures is very scarce so i t will not influece them heavily.

Okay they are anutral. I believe in WH terms this kind of level headed neutral means goodish.
They do what is necessary to survive and other races can die for it.

Okay let's call them the Newts and Salamanders.

So you mean that the decision making goes to Salamanders that tuened salamanders when young? And the ones who are turned into salamanders in the old age are considered pariahas?

Or that the older Newts are the ones getting to rule?

I'm confused myself with the young-old talk.

Skaven have a triangle theme running for them and I propose a wavy line theme for Olm-Hulud.

They use spears and krisses. Their flags are wavy thin sheets of fabric. They love columns.

They would use other amphobious beasts. Such as crabs and lobsters. As armor pieces or mounts.

Other particular triats of their biology to incorporate into the race?

Olm-Hulud have incredible regnerative abilites, which are deeply tied in their religion. They have mages that collect their own left hands and then burn them to cast spells.

Using their tail as a mean of propulsione allows them to dual wield spears. Making their charge attack a sthing to behold.

Their skin is white but exposing it to the sun tans it very fast. The richest Olm-Hulud rarely travel aboove ground and when they do they are covered in bandages like a mummy to limit exposure to the sun. You can tell the social standing of one of their race by th ecolor of their skin.

Are you ok with the Olm-Hulud or should we search a better name?

Slavic references could mean a big use of white with red decorations typicaly crosses.

They live in undergound cities half underwater. Usualy to go from one house to the next you swim underwater to emerge in beaitful air bubble.

kobolds without shit tier stats

The Marians of Sig. A mysterious group of beings whose bodies are always concealed in impossibly heavy suits of armour, they speak of the end times.