Warhammer 40k General

Trouble Trouble foil and rubble edition

>Previous thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Dragons are red, Avengers are blue, the Wraithknight is huge, and he's going to kill you):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2016/12/27/the-story-of-warhammer-40000-2016-top-5-events/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Batman.

Second for the Order of the Bloody Rose

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA BATMAN!

Order of Our Martyred Lady is best order.

whats the best psyker army?

Tzeench Daemons

5 Librarian Conclaves

are they fun?

Suggestion for my most MSU SoB list? 1500 and 1850 since the thing won't let me give them dedicated transports or Repressors it looks odd.

Eh. They're a brick with magic.

>40k
DE, Necrons, Tyranids
>AoS
Nurgle daemons + mortals
>30k
Raven Guard

How's my taste?

>Close combat Tau
Is this better than Riptide/gunline Tau armies?

Seraphim only need the 2 Hand Flamers, 5 pairs of bolt pistols won't do nearly as much damage.
Battle sister Immolators should have Multi-Meltas.
Dominion Immolators should have Heavy Flamers.
You could add 5 Bolter sisters and a Simulacrum Imperialis to the Retributors.

You'll lose more so apparently the answer to that question is yes.

Thinking of starting a mono god themed daemons army, can't decide between khorne slaanesh or nurgle. Tzeentch is out of the question. Which of those 3 will I least likely to be facerolled with?

You play 30k and Tyranids, so your taste is expensive.

Is it more fun for the other side? I unironically enjoy my list and opponents don't seem to mind it, but I've never played a standard Tau list to compare to.

Khorne. Nurgle and slaneesh are kinda the odd ones out, GUO's are awesome, but the rest of their units are kind of shit.

Are the rules for the daemon lords still useable?

God damn it didn't notice the mix up Immolator but is like you say Battle SoB have MM, Dominion HF
The Seraphim have 2x hand flamers hence 2x Seraphim Hand flamers. Odd formatting I know.

Might give them a Repressor to the Retribution Squad. With one less girl for HQ to hope inside. Unless some FAQ prevents characters from using their skills inside a transport now. It would not surprise me if GW did that shit.

It depends on who you play against. The list is more fun thematically sure, I have a variation myself but I've never played it because it's not painted

Will 40k be Sigmarized next edition?

How do you even make a strong Slaanesh daemon army? Or Khorne even?

It's getting semi-Sigmarized.

The plot is progressing but the setting is not being hard reset like it was with Fantasy. Crunchwise they're slimming it down but not going full retard with 4 pages of rules, it will have an actual full rulebook still.

Ask GW.

>Or Khorne even?
KDK

How's this for a more-or-less 500 point Imperial Guard army? I'm not trying to make it particularly competitive. I'm a newcomer to the hobby really so I won't be surprised if it's bad. Comments are appreciated, thanks.

Fuck, I'm retarded. Here is the image of it.

It probably helps things that I play mostly against Marines that have a lot of options to kick my shit in still. Ends up being a lot of skirting range/danger zones to try and deny charges or escape drop pods, more like chess than normal 40k. I can see someone with... say, Guard still hating it when I can put down a frankly retarded number of no-save shots and open their tanks like tin cans, within their artillery's minimum range.

>strong Slaanesh daemon army? Or Khorne even?
Loads of Gofast.

Rumor has it it will be a general rules-cleaning and shoring up. Not sure if they will go full Sigmar, but they're probably going to address some of the more complex, weird, and confusing rules.

keeper, some heralds on seekers, min squads of daemonettes, as many seekers as you can get, flying daemon prince. play fast and hard, aim for invisibility and pray for rending to carry the day because you die as fast as dark eldar.

i do my army multi god to survive but incursion pushes toward mono god. i use a lot of chariots which the internet doesn't like but hell for their points and size they do alright, av 11/11/10 2 or 4 hp isn't going to last anyway.

So how is this for 1500 points of Orks?

heres my close combat tau army

What do people think of this? Getting into 40k with my holiday money, tried to build something off of the start collecting box.

For khorne is the strat similar, but with flesh hounds? I've heard bloodcrushers are bad

Something I've been wondering about, if daemons are fearless, can they just go to ground with no penalties?

You can't take a regular Commissar as an HQ choice, he'd need to be a Lord Commissar. Conscripts also are part of a Platoon, you can't take them as a separate Troops choice. So that's some things that need to be tweaked.

Based purely on what you've got, there's lots of anti-infantry fire, but almost nothing which can damage AV12 or higher vehicles. What you might want to do is take a single basic Platoon, blob the two Infantry Squads together, then use your second Troops slot to get some Veterans with Meltaguns in a Chimera. You could put your Lord Commissar in there and use them to hunt down the opponent's vehicles or dangerous units, while the Platoon holds its ground and whittles away at enemy infantry.

Fearless models can't GTG at all.

This hurts my soul.

not legal as you only have 1 troop choice
also i fell like you'dd need a bit more dedicated anti tank
consider a HWT of lascannons
oh and don't forget your sergeants can take boltguns or bolt pistols for 1pt each. it's a great way to full out those 4 spare points

Something I've been wondering about, have you read the rules for fearless?

if you wanna murder some meqs bloodcrushers are alright due to s5, their main problem is they're t4 3w and expensive in points. flesh hounds are amazing, give them a jugger herald, take 2 skull cannons, a bloodthrister and you're good to go.

daemons aren't fearless; they have daemonic instability which means they auto pass a lot

Daemons aren't Fearless. They have Instability instead. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, nothing in the Instability rules prevents them from voluntarily Going to Ground.

Screw the internet; 4d6 strength 4 rending how attacks is fun.

Thanks anons, I'll fix it up a bit.

You need a HQ choice and another troop choice for it to be legal user. Commissars don't count as HQ so you'll need a Company Command Squad, Lord Commissar or Tank Commander.

Infantry platoons only count as 1 troop choice.

Twinlinked shotas are a waste on Biker nobs as the bikes guns are better.

Dredd is better with 3x cc and one skorcha

Morkanaught is garbage.

kick walkers, get shoota boyz and lootas

Based purely on what you've got, there's lots of anti-infantry fire, but almost nothing which can damage AV12 or higher vehicles.

Do you really think he's going to be seeing many AV12 vehicles at 500pts?

'Cept the chaos gods are Satan and not Cthulhu, the niche filled obviously by the C'tan

Yeah,the Nids already cover the Cthulhu market at least in some way, but you can never go wrong with more Cthulhu

warhammer-community.com/2016/12/27/the-story-of-warhammer-40000-2016-top-5-events/
>2017 marks the 30th anniversary of the Warhammer 40,000 setting, and to celebrate, we have the best narrative in 40k history, which will set the scene for the next 30 years of the setting.
>will set the scene for the next 30 years of the setting.

end times confirmed

What program are you using for these? It's not the one in OP is it? Are you just printscreening the image?

5d6 in formation on the exalted chariot, great for running over dreads and mobs

Gettin real tired of this shit

>shoota boyz and lootas

Is there any way to have them get around without loosing them?

From what I've seen, both usually get taken out long before they ever make their points back and usually when their trukk goes up.

Stop this meme. You are like the Night Lord Faggot and the End of Times one.

Annoying at best. Irritating most of the time

This one:

Stop being cancer

I honestly didn't know but thanks for being a faggot
And thanks for being a bro

While GW says that "End Times" was a Fantasy event, there's nothing stopping them from doing an "End Times" setting change, but calling it a different name

The statement would still be correct

Please tell me the story of the Night Lords Faggot, I keep seeing it mentioned.

Not a story and not interesting. It's just shitposting.

I use to plant lootas on terrain when setting up, so they just chill and shower enemies with bullets.

And when it comes to boyz, I run 30 of them with shootas, including 3 big shootas + nob + painboy. +4 armour might seem silly, but still gives some protection, and +5 fnp is noice. Spewing almost 70 bullets/turn + another 70 when something charge you is hillarious.

No, attention feeds the cancer, they must be starved.

>Unironically getting into 40k just before the grand endtimes squat and rule change

oh boy another grey army will burn on youtube soon

The guy who claims the Night Lords Primarch will come back as a daemon prince and spams it a lot.

The End.

>GW outright says 40k end times ain't happening
>all logic indicates 40k, a profitable line, won't be sigmared
>all rumormongerers say that 40k end times ain't happening
>GW's pr team says that 40k end times aren't happening

>in the face of all this, user still says end times may happen

>Spewing almost 70 bullets/turn + another 70 when something charge you is hillarious.

It is hilarious, especially the part where you get 4 hits.

It wasn't grey.

>unironically spreading disinfo to new players
But why though?

23 hits.

>Curze
>the second most boring Primarch only second to Angron
>being relevant
The only reason Angron is even sorta relevant is because among GW's chaosboner the Khorne fanboyism is the strongest

Is there a good way to run defensive Siege marines with fortifications that isn't a chore to play against?

I've moved to AoS for a bit since the GHB anyway, so it doesn't matter
I was only stating that GW's line of "There's no End Times" can easily be twisted by GW

Playing vs Gunlines is always a chore.

Because it is in the fucking OP for almost two month now. If not longer.

That is why it is a meme that needs to be stop.

Asking things that are in the OP is either from Stupid and mentally retarded people or from people shitposting trying to force a meme or some shit

The velocity tracker on the commander is actually supposed to be an XV84 battlesuit, giving it a target lock and markerlight

>I was only stating that GW's line of "There's no End Times" can easily be twisted by GW
I mean, I guess. But that would go a long way to pissing off the community and losing money, 2 things that GW under rountree have shown they don't want to do.

Beware, the genestealer cultists.

>angon is boring
this meme needs to die

>not playing orks for keks when missing 70 form 70
if you want to win, get eldar bikes or crons or SMs

>greatest biomancer in the galaxy and one of the most powerful minds in the universe can't pull nails out of a brain

Go back and read my post, I asked if it was the program in the OP. I looked at the program in OP, I've used it many times before. It doesn't look the same in people's images. Now that dude confirmed it is, I just now figured out that they're using the print preview. So instead of being a dick, you could have said, "yes, it is that program, just click print preview at the top", instead you're just a douche. Don't try to defend being a douche. You're still a douche, and defending douche actions makes you a bigger douche. Ya douche.

This is legal under unbound rules.

Would you welcome more keywords for weapons in 40k?

Actual hard rule relevant "tags" to let you kow if it's a Plasma, Flamer (or combustion whatever), Bolt, Las, Pulse etc.

>>GW outright says 40k end times ain't happening

No, it didn't. It's just a temp from the internet sight.

The "End Times" was a WHFB event. 40K will have another name for it. Like Fall of Cadia.

>I'm always mad but also sad because I am always mad
>grr I'm so mad I'll force everyone to be as mad as me, that'll show them how mad and sad I am
he is boring

>can't
i think i see you problem
>can't
or
>won't

What happened to using google or *gasp* trying shit out before asking?

Angron is probably the most tragic primarch, you closet Khornate(check your dubs)

dude this list sucks, it looks like youre trying to win. bring shit loads of repentia and arco flagallents so your opponent can win easy and it wont upset people

Name a Primarch who isn't a cardboard cutout.

Then you are mentally retarded for not figuring out how to use a simply web application.

You could have just walked away, but you keep on douching on.

Alright the last list was illegal and spammed too many of one unit. Heres the new and improved list.

The resurrection orb on the lord is suppossed to be solar thermalsite.

site*

Corax