/HHG/ Horus Heresy and Word Bearer General

Bearer of the Word edition
Don't bully the World Eaters sub-edition, it's like bullying a retarded kid, and that's not nice.
Anons, you forgot to make a new thread, so no recap because I just woke up, so I have to bless this one and hope it doesn't turn into a Daemon. +1S or Zealot and remaining scoring is much more preferable in my opinion.

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

Also, does anyone know if FW updated who can take Burning Lore?

first for XVIII legion best legion

XVII legion only true chaos space marines - only legion actually committed to chaos undivided.

Are any of the FW Knights worth it as a LoW for Legions or should I stick with the fellblade chassis?

Define "worth it"

a knight boosted with covenant of fire would be fun

Assume I was going to a tournament

Last thread's link -> I thought breadanon had taught you how to bake bread.

Since the previous thread died shortly after I asked...

Help me pick a cybernetica list for 1750 points

A - Legio Cybernetica (1695/1750 points) (55 points free)
HQ
Anacharis Scoria (315)
- Xanathite Abeyant

Magos Dominus (110)
- Augury Scanner, Machinator Array, Serpenta

TROOP
20 Tech-Thralls (235)
- Rite of Pure Thought, Carapace Armor
- Triaros Armoured Conveyor of Feelings

2 Castellax (280)
- 2x Darkfire Cannons, 2x Enhanced Targeting Arrays

2 Castellax (280)

FA
3 Vorax (210)
- 3x Frag Grenades

HS
1 Thanatar (265)
- Enhanced Targeting Array

Scoria with the Vorax, the Dominus with a Castellax pair.

B - Legio Cybernetica (1750/1750 points)
HQ
Inar Sartarael (310)
- Cyber-occularis x1

Magos Dominus (110)
- Augury Scanner, Machinator Array, Serpenta

TROOP
20 Tech-Thralls (235)
- Rite of Pure Thought, Carapace Armor
- Triaros Armoured Conveyor of Feelings

3 Castellax (375)
- 3x Enhanced Targeting Arrays, 3x Frag Grenades

2 Castellax (280)

FA
1 Vultarax (175)

HS
1 Thanatar (265)
- Enhanced Targeting Array

Inar with the Castellax trio, Dominus with the Castellax pair.

I really want to use Inar because I have a cool idea to convert a model of him, but he seems like a waste in the list (Archimandrite vehicle bonuses and +1 to reserves).

I think LoWs are their own detachment, so aren't boosted by RoWs or basically anything.

a shame if it's true, a knight or fellblade with 5++ against melta/volkite/plasma is too awesome for this realm i guess

And also a 5++ against Melta bombs.
Melts bombs BTFO.

>still no diabolist miniature

H-have faith...

Give him spikes, scrolls and horns. Use Zardu and OP pic as a references

I couldn't find it, must've skipped it when I was looking in the archives. Besides, I'm tired.

>makes an awesome as fuck illustration of a unit
>doesn't even bother making a miniature representation of it
>makes a bunch of other shit nobody really expected/asked for

As expected of Forgeworld. I bet when Alpharius finally gets his model they won't even bother to include his helmet.

why are ultramarine players all from reddit?

It'll be a random bald head. It's a two part bit, so you can split it apart :^)
I honestly don't know, why don't you tell us the meaning of the words you bear?

Somewhat off topic, but I really do wish that Forgeworld would include helmet options for their character series. I know the whole point is to have "heroic" looking models, and they are relatively simple conversions if you want them helmeted, but I still think it is a big oversight. Especially when some of the helms are considered relics and such after the heresy.

I don't get why they can't just do what they did with Kharn, Eidolan, and Sevatar; giving the options of a bare head or a helm.

Doubt we will be seeing them anytime soon. Pretty sure it will mostly be Prospero related stuff this year.

Heroic helmets can be a thing, and should be more widespread.
Bare-faced terminator models are utterly dumb. No, I don't trust the armour's shield generators, thank you very much.

Meme me into playing Word Bearers

FW confirmed that they'd eventually make helmets for some of their character models

Anyone with true Christmas spirit willing to give their FW shipping voucher to a scrub going legit?

They have the Dreadwing.
Zardu Layak is an ex-Destroyer Centurion turned Diabolist, destroyer of souls, leading his warband of Ashen Circle iconoclasts, reducing the enemy to cinders.

They are proper chaos undivided, all about the darker and primordial truth of what chaos actually is.

>FW confirmed that they'd eventually make helmets for some of their character models
Really? Damn I must have missed that. I assume that was talked about during an event or something?

They are pretty decent in melee and are probably the go to legion if you want something psychic related that isn't 1k sons.

Also daemonic stuff in 30k is nice.

do you like ruining everything?

do you like hardly every winning in terms of fluff?

do you like letting deamons do all the work for you?

if yes then word bearers are the right legion for you

maroon's easy to paint

gameplay and story wise they're kind of boring unless you really like summoning daemons

alpharius incoming

ALL I EVER WANTED WAS THE TRUTH.jpg

Duncan himself did a painting video for them, whilst the Ultramemes were painted by Emma.

Therefore, Word Bearers, World Eaters, and Sons of Horus are the best.

>can't fucking open images on phone browsers any more

Kill me

What's the link

2 pieces of custodes grav tank, one blood bowl orc arm and a age of smegma daemonic axe.

FW is such a troll with this one

But user Alpharius already has a model.

Maybe I have to read the book about Calth, but didn't they really do a number on the Ultras?

desu that's one of my favorite things, the color scheme. And I like maces and mauls

>Meme me into playing Word Bearers
Fuck you and the memes you rode in on.

Iirc, it was a Phyrric victory for the UM. They lost too much for it to be a real victory, as the WB objectives were completed.

>Have the retards and anyone who volunteered to hold back the UM killed
>Stop the majority of the UM from joining the war by destabilizing Ultramar
>SUMMON DAEMONS, BABY! OH YEAH!

Is the castigator a meme mech or actually good?

Easy! Everybody else is lying to themselves and thus you, only the Bearers of the Word, their blessed Primarch Lorgsr who revealed everything to us and thus Warmaster Horus grasp this Primordial Truth (TM).

Join Apostle Mordechai tomorrow in the ships mess hall for explanations how YOUR flesh and YOUR soul are eternal in service to the gods and how to ascend to a truly angelic form.

>Did you know an Angel is a form of messenger?

Caught them by surprise, had superior firepower and daemons and yet they still lost

>Maybe I have to read the book about Calth, but didn't they really do a number on the Ultras?

Not really. They had every advantage and still ended up getting BTFO.

>instar-nine
>the final configuration
>the aleph null
>the promethean fire
>the voice of the fire
>the dragon revenant
>the voice of truth
>the voice of the unspeaking
>child of the primordial truth
>the eye of terra
>the traveller
>black shield
>ruler of hosts
>the blade of unity
>the victorious
>the eagle of the east
>slaughterer of nations
>the ender
>wyrmslayer
>the hell rider
>the last judge
>the prince of crows
>the smiling one (Llansahai)
>the breaker
>the illuminator
And last but definitely not the least
>the honour of his legion

What is /hhg/'s take on mixing armor marks on individual marines, particularly MkIV? Fluff writing says that MkIV armor is stupidly difficult to integrate with other suit types, yet tons of artwork and even FW kits portray marines wearing a mix.

He wore an Ultramarines t-shirt during the tutorial.

depends on the time period

early-war should feature mostly intact suits, short of artificer/veteran units
late-war models should be wearing mostly mixed suits

>mk5 plastics never ever

I think that only applies to certain loyalist legions only.

I see no reason why the Imperial Fists or sons of Horus should be mixing suits

That's basically it. Disregard shitposters that carry on about the loss.

>They lost too much for it to be a real victory, as the WB objectives were completed.
They who? Because if you're talking about UMs then that sounds like a defeat to me. And this is coming from an unbiased IW to whom victory can cost about ~3 TS legions per battle.
I mean, didn't the WBs spent 50 000 marines to kill 150 000 UMs? That's a nice 300% effectiveness rate on top of cutting off the whole east and luring the DA away.

>we m-meant to lose so it doesn't count

>>Did you know an Angel is a form of messenger?
Isn't "angeloi" the literal greek word for messenger?

>made it so that the Ultramarines can't asisst at Terra
>Calth becomes uninhabitable
>Ruinstorm called forth

How is completing your primary objectives being BTFO?

So, who won Phall?

50k marines against 200k marines. Still inflicted almost 150k casualties. Literally the worst parts of the legion meant to be discarded. Will your memes ever end?

>lose half your men
>Ruinstorm was only a temporary solution which they still breached
If they had managed to win the Heresy it would have been a win. Seeing as they got kicked back into the EoT it's a loss

>still managed to lose the war
W o w.

Guess all those zealots would have been useful at Terra huh?

>What's the Long War
Son, Chaos is still winning. Horus was meant to lose to drag out humanity's death.

>Try to exterminate the Ultramarines
>Have every advantage
>Lose so hard you have to leave the universe

That's how.

Because they're the baddies, so GW won't allow them to win. It's ok, user, the princess always lives happy ever after and the UMs are never defeated. Ever ever.
Everyone lost Phall.
The IF were forced to retreat after losing like 1/3rd of their fleet un a warp accident, including Yonnad, while the IW suffered "Heavy losses"TM and they couldn't kill any IF VPs mainly because they werent even there.
However, it was Objective Complete: no more opposing IF fleet preventing the traitors from reaching Terra.

These wars are like that War where the White House was burned:
Both Canada, the USA and Britain claim they won.

>i-it w-w-was all just as planned

Daily reminder that Chaosfags are literally the same as those "it was a hologram" weebs

>Text stuttering
I bet you watch anime, you loyalist.

>The UMs still lose 150 000 marines to holograms
>Tfw they did lose their capital ship to a meanie hololith Lorgar exploding the command bridge
It's ok, WB & UM. We laugh at you both.

That was what I referred to, was to lazy to look it up....so I kept it foggy.

>Play Word Bearers.

Says the guy who's got the ultimate bishie on his team

>Stop the majority of the UM from joining the war
if we're going by nonsense library canon on this, we also have to accept that the ultramarines did eventually join the war.
In the new fluff, despite everything lorgar planned, the smurfs still managed to show up for the party at terra and scare horus enough that he screwed up and died.

In older stories, where there was no grand betrayal and it was just a straight fight in ultramar, the ultramarines were kept out of the Sol System entirely.

I mean, IW and IF can be laughed at as well, but at least it's not the same battle over and over that gets meme'd about. It's a bit sickening seeing it in literally every thread.

Only they didn't lose Macragge's Honour.

At least read the fluff before shitposting bitter bro

I have no idea what a bishie is, but I'll assume that I'm correct and that you're a faggot.

Which is better and does not turn the Traitors into Saturday Morning Villains.

That's because unlike Calth, which showed both sides well, Phall was literally just IF crushing Perty until they had to leave

>posting on a Korean fishing board
>doesn't know his terminology

Take a gander at this redditor

After the Iron Cage and Phall we still got shitfaced drunk after killing some Orks together :^) but all the Betrayal at Calth marines do is to not talk to each other like angry girls.

UMxWB fanfiction when?

Eh, Horus had a semblance of a chance due to the DA and the UM being away.
Dont ask about Sanguinius, he's without fault and undaunted.

Long time lurker. Never given half a shit about Asian words/terminology.

The entire Heresy was a bit of a shitshow. Everyone got fucked and limped out of it.

user, did you not read the post? user said it was a Phyrric UM win. So a loss for the UM, pretty much.

>Especially when some of the helms are considered relics and such after the heresy.
Russ not having his helm is bad enough, but if Lion doesn't get his helm I'mma flip.

Fortunately I've already got a tag along who can carry it around for him.

Eh, at least it was a pretty funny prank, and Guilliman did get spaced.
Then the void boxing was awesome.

Was 2016 the year the Imperium struck back?

>Mor and his assault moon
>Xana fuckery
>white scars getting to Terra
>lion breaking Curze's back
>Raven Guard saving Wolves
>based Dorn taking out the trash

That's what I thought, but Veeky Forums has taught me to never take implicit subjects for granted.

>So a loss for the UM, pretty much.

Not even a little. It was a miracle win.

I agree. The old fluff was badass. Red pushes blue all the way back into the core of Ultramar? A space war so hard that the suns go supernova? And they kept fighting anyways while the atmosphere burns away around them because FUCK those other guys?

Awesome. A fitting climax. The Word Bearers lost, but they fucking tried. No just as planned I meant to lose bullshit.

Horus lowering his shields possibly being because the Ultras, Wolves, and Mean Angels were nearing Terra has been canon for ages though.

So the fat guy with an apron is just a regular Primus Medicae with grenades? His tommy gun is just a regular needle "pistol"?

>mfw someone challenges Sigismund

How can traitors even compete?

>implying that won't be retconned at the first opportunity

Why do the loyalists get all the cool guys?

Nah, it's been retconned now into them arriving as they were dueling instead of after

>Who is Scoria
The Mechanicum are the reverse, though. Only one loyalist character, maaaaaybe two if we count 10 000 year old BELISARIUS

>lion breaking Curze's back
>Curze is SpaceBatman
>Primarchs are big guys
Did anyone care who Lion was before he put on the helm?

>01010010 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101

I can't decide which RoW to build towards for my Night Lords. I want to use Assault/Raptors, but I also want to take advantage of the fact that my Terminators can deep strike.

Maybe Pride of the Legion? I have a set of Cataphractii and Tartaros I can use, then I could use Vox Scouts and take a Vet squad and Contemptor in Dreadclaws with an infiltrating Volkite Terror Squad and a 10man Raptor squad with melta?

If it means anything, I'd probably be against mostly 40k.

Fucking knight atrapos are the most bullshit fucking pay to win garbage I've ever seen

Fuck you and your flare shield that stacks with your God damn invulnerable save and fuck your vortex gun

>because the Ultras
No, that's new. In older fluff the smurfs were held in ultramar for the duration of the siege, which fueled Guilliman's desire to not let something like that happen again (reorganization of the imperium, the legions, the imperial army institution of the honour company).

The dark angels and space wolves didn't actually participate in the heresy proper. They were (like the ultramarines) lured away into distant postings under orders from the Warmaster while Horus tried his blitz, but unlike the Ultramarines had no legion actively keeping them away from the fight. So their arrival in force is what made Horus lower his shields to trick the emperor from instead holding out for the oncoming reinforcements.

In the new fluff, the space wolves have spent the entire heresy sticking their nose in every fight and getting seven shades of shit kicked out of themselves by the traitor legions, so them arriving at earth wouldn't actually be a threat to Horus. So black library threw the Ultramarines in as well to up the ante.

...Yes you still can?

>No, that's new. In older fluff the smurfs were held in ultramar for the duration of the siege

No, in older fluff the Ultramarines were so far into the galactic south that they didn't hear about the Heresy until Horus was at Terra.

Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure the old fluff had it with DAngels and SW on their way, with Robby just behind them

Kharn is pretty good.

Lucius, Sevatar and Abbadon are alright as well.

Not to mention that Dorn is the second-weakest Primarch for some reason, whereas the best melee combatants are traitor primarchs.

>pay to win

This is 30k, user. You pay to lose unless you pay to WAAC.

Scoria is referred to the old man with the "get off my lawn stick"

Unfortunately everywhere is his lawn

>Pay to win

I mean, quad mortars aren't that expensive and neither are Medusas.