>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VQ9nAN1t
youtube.com/watch?v=-b5X69vREAg&t=147s
americantorque.com/page/0/27/.
warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Carrier
docs.google.com/document/d/1y7b8VcyZ6sPDKflYseZQYYGPatwrMgrH2fBHssFZD64/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jumpers!

What's your power up sequence like, and what causes you to activate it?

>can hold roughly 255 of the same item
Where'd you get that from?

Captchalogue cards have a size limit, not an 'amount of identical items' limit.

At verious points in canon they have piles of random junk thrown in there, and the big block of stacked cans of shaving cream numbered much more than 255.

Power up sequence?

Wait, are we NOT supposed to be using our final form at all times?

Anyone else having trouble actually STARTING a Chain?

I keep lurking and lurking. But I feel like I couldn't make a good build or it would be way too boring.

Didn't stop the nerfbitch from spamming threads with her boring builds. I'm sure you can do better, just actually do something instead of running and hiding all the time.

Does the "Is He Involved?" scenario in FFXIII-II give you Gilgamesh as a companion?

Don't see you posting any builds, mate. Or doing anything, really.

Actually, tell you what. You make one good jump and I'll join you in bashing Red.

>But I feel like I couldn't make a good build or it would be way too boring.
If the idea of a gimmick is what's holding you back, then ignore that idea. You don't have to come up with a sopper seakrit cowmbo to have a good chain. You don't have to eschew some of the more common combinations to make your own interesting story.

There are any number of stories that have knights and dragons and the like, and while some of them are formulaic some of them aren't. Focus on the story, less the gimmick, and you may find you have more fun.

That's how I approach it, at least. I look at the perks as tools, but what I really work with are characters, arcs, and plots.

>pic related

>You don't have to come up with a sopper seakrit cowmbo to have a good chain.
Then why is ASA the only jumper we all give a fuck about?

Everyone can care about whatever jumper they wish to care about. Nothing is stopping anyone from doing as they please when they make a build.

Except he's not? Plenty of people liked Heavens and Konata's builds.

Fuck off.

Except when nobody cares about builds when all they do is run and hide like a bitch when they should be blowing up universes like a real jumper.

>we
Hue.

That aside, you don't need likes, upbaots, and surbribes to have fun, user. The joy of an imagination game is that you can just have fun! You don't have to build it for anyone else, though you can certainly share. At the end of the day though, this experience is about what you enjoy. Often times, joy and enthusiasm can be infectious, so sharing it will get people excited. Even if that isn't the case, though, you can still have fun with it.

I'm a few hundred jumps deep into my chain, and I don't share it like ASA does. I do from time to time drop little snippits of what I did here or there based off of conversations. I'll admit that I enjoy it when I get positive feedback, but even when I don't I still have fun.

You need to learn to have fun, user. I wish I could help you with that, but I can't. Just know that I believe you can do it! You can find something you really enjoy! You can find something fun, and creative, that'll let you express and indulge yourself in healthy ways. Hell is a prison of your own making, user. You don't have to be this way.

Perhaps. Or perhaps if more people posted builds more people would take an interest in them. Hard to say, no?

I think it says a lot that your shit barely gets any attention when posted.

Just typical DBZ shit. Mostly overflowing ki and some wind. Glowing eyes, some bulging muscles. I'm not quite ready to go full Sailor Moon.

I don't know about other Jumpers but I stick to writing down my choices. I don't bother describing the stories. Might make it easier for you?

Disregard failure, acquire content.

Changelog:
*Typofixes
*Clarifying drawbacks
*Continuity drawback does not retcon
*Gamer driver buffed with the ability to physically fight non-Bugster diseases as a Level 1 form
*Clarifiying the sentience and companionship of Eyecons/Shift Cars
*New OC Companions
*Canon companions
*Price change and buff of Roidmude origin(really just remembering to put in part of their powers)

Fuck this guy, have a build and laugh at my misery.

>Ghost Rider - 708
Background: Rider
Drawbacks: Comic’s Accuracy (+0), Ghost Race (+300), Picture a Flamethrower... (+200), Alcoholic (+100)

Final Point Count: 1,600 CP
Perks:
-Designated Rider (Free)
-You Can’t Live In Fear
-Ghost Ride the Whip
-Deal Breaker
-Spirit of Vengeance
-Spirited

Items & Companions:
-Garage
-Wine Cellar
-Margarita Glass of Jelly Beans
-Companion Import (400 CP)

I'm positive my math is right but I did it at 2 in the morning so, can't be certain.

Any big plans for your jump or are you just gonna fuck around as a Rider?

>Or perhaps if more people posted builds more people would take an interest in them
Top kek.

Unless you're ASA, nobody gives a shit. You have to be grandstanding, you have to show off. You need to prove reality is your bitch and have large harems dedicated to your quest to grind your enemies beneath your feet. You need to prove yourself by showing there's not a single thing that can challenge you, for jumpers are meant to be greater than gods.

Trying to play it "safe" or whining how everything terrifies you is just acting like Red, and I guarantee you not a single person gives a shit about what she does. Any post that tells you otherwise is just her samefagging as user to make her feel better about her shitty decisions, and I'm glad we don't have to put up with that drivel anymore.

ALL YOU NEED IS DRIVE, /jc/!

Working on this with Digger was a total blast, btw, and I love how it turned out. Hope yall enjoy it, too!

hey are you doing the transformation gimmick into enemies thing like you did with the last two?

Speaking of more builds!

pastebin.com/VQ9nAN1t

Here have a few. Couldn't make it here for the holidays so I had to just put these on the back burner. Nice to be back though.

There's going to be assisting Nick Ca- I mean Johnny Blaze at a later date, particularly when dealing with the Devil trying to possess his own son to have a physical presence on Earth. No doubt about that.

But beyond that? Me, and my car, traversing the world doing what good we can. All that can be asked of me and the Spirit of Justice inside, you know? May also tinker with different alcoholic blends to see what works with my flames more and more, mostly as a side effect of alcoholic.

OH JESUS I'M MADE OF FIRE WHY DOES IT BURN.

>spoiler
That drawback is one of the nastier ones. So do you have a car picked out?

Maybe I missed it, and sorry if I did, but I didn't find a description of gashats and just what they are. There are some references to what they do and how they combine with things, but kinda curious about what they are.

Just an aside, literally the only person who cares is himself. There's a non-zero chance that right now it's self-posting to give the illusion of an argument. For now, all I have to say is:

Heavens and I slaved over a hot oven for a week on that jump, I better see some builds you fucks!

Oh. I swear that was in there. They're not horribly complex, they're just high-tech gaming cartridges.

Jump #232: Red Alert
>Five of Cups (Disappointment), reversed: Overcoming sadness and grief to get on with your life.
Wait, again? Curious.
>Age: 31
>Location: London, UK
>Identity: Civilian (-50)
>Drawbacks: Schism (+200), Lost The Arms Race (+300)
May have lost the arms race, but relying on super weapons is stupid, frankly. The other factions can sink their resources into super weapons, it means those same resources are invested in normal units in the allies' army.
>Non-Combatant (Free, Civilian)
It's always good to be ignored on a battlefield.
>Analysis (1350)
Health bars are silly, but I'll use 'em.
>The Ore Is In Good Hands (1250)
Hooray, more money to go into my swiss bank account! Which means I should basically never have to worry about running out of cash.
>Dissent (1100, Civilian)
Now, what happens if I actually start convincing higher-ups in the military chain of command that war is not the answer?
>Peace Rally (800, Civilian)
Organize a march for peace or a protest against the war? Hmm. You know what sounds like a good idea to me? Doing this in factions that AREN'T mine.
>Bird's Eye View (500)
Never hurts to have a good view of the battlefield. ...wait, what do you mean, ALL my battlefields? If I'm a faction leader, can I watch all the battles simultaneously? Interesting.
>Mass Production Upgrade (300)
>Free Trade Upgrade (200, Allies)
>Robotic Assembly Upgrade (0)
Might as well upgrade the warehouse. Instead of having to build my own manufacturing equipment, now the warehouse has it built in. Handy. I bet I could take the equipment and blueprints I obtained during 40k and mass-product some of it, even.

So, doing as a jumper does, I am completely shooting this setting in the foot. A faction other than my own gets ahead in the conflict? Suddenly they're bogged down at home by protests and demonstrations. My faction splits in half? Suddenly the other half finds the people in the street, wanting to rejoin the primary faction and not fight against them.

And as time progresses, the allies' arsenals have equipment that is much more advanced than it has any right to be. Not to the point that you have phasers versus guns or anything, but suddenly they've got body armor on par with carapace armor, they've got man-portable railguns, their vehicle armor is far more effective than it has any right to be.

And I'm just raking in the profits while making sure that all the anti-war protests are in places that will benefit me.

...fuck, I've become the industrial-military complex.

I was envisioning them as actual hats and I was a little confused. That helps.

What's the deal on Mystics? I usually build that route and the Rider shtick isn't my deal; they look fun as hell to hang out with, just don't know if I want to be one.

So what have or do Mystics do in the series?

>I've become the industrial-military complex
Yes, yes, good. You are fulfilling your destiny!

Same car I've been using since Outlaw Star at Jump 42. 1964 Pontiac GTO. Has been upgraded for durability, speed, maneuverability, and handling since then and was imported in Redline to snag a TRZ-Airmaster Engine and both types of Nitro Charges.

And then, bless Mardukth's soul, Infernals gave it a physical upgrade and such with the little number in the Hellstorm Rider. Course, it needed a bit of tinkering to get the engine up and running alongside the upgraded TRZ-Airmaster, and precise alchemy to make the rest of the former motorcycle's frame conform to a shape it wasn't supposed to be in, but MY CAR CAN EAT STORMS AND SHIT OUT PAIN.

youtube.com/watch?v=-b5X69vREAg&t=147s

The commies have the best music.

Aye aye, capt'n!

Roidmude is still 300 and slowdown is still taken away post jump. Hyper Slowdown hasn't been changed. Not really sure how it was buffed.

Oh, they're not an actual faction, it's literally just like 3 guys

Takeru Tenkuji is kamen rider ghost, his main deal is just trying to protect people from the machinations of teh Ganma as well as restore his life via gathering 15 eyecons
He's a cool dude if a little bland, a bit like Haruto
A nice guy but not the most interesting character

The second character is Sannin/Sage/Gramps, a mysterious ghostly sage who saves Takeru from death by Ganma via making him a Ghost. He's actually Eadith, a high level member of the Ganma who regrets creating the evil Ganmaizers and is trying to stop the invasion however he can. Since Takeru is the son of Ryuji, the third basis for the Mystic origin and the man who helped create the Heroic Eyecons to defend humanity from the Ganma, he was the perfect candidate.for a Ghost Driver.
So yeah they're not really an all-inclusive group anymore than the revenge-seeking badasses like the Chasers are

>I better see some builds you fucks!
Apologies, you will probably only see my build in a week or so.

After I watched a bit of it, and finally figured out what to cut from my build.

Kamen Rider is not a simple thing for me to build for.

Try reading the Notes.

First off, your taste is awesome. Second, and I hate to be that guy, but the picture you have isn't a '64 goat, it's a '67. Check out this link: americantorque.com/page/0/27/.

The '64 had side-by-side headlights. Under-over headlights weren't introduced until '65. The cross-hatched grill was used in '67.

So, again, love your choice, goats are amazing, but your pic and year don't match if that matters to you.

FUCK.
Thank you, I've been using that one for a while utterly clueless.

>Resists Temporal alterations
>Can turn from Data to Physical matter and back again
>A whole suite of abilities such as superhuman strength, toughness, natural beam weapons, and either flight/wallcrawl/even more strength
>Can use viral cores to transform into kaiju mode at base and with a perk do so at-will
>Has a high ceiling of evolution tied to emotional state
>Slowdown for free in-jump and Hyper Slowdown purchase retains the timestop and makes the in-jump timestop unbeatable by 99% of the setting, btw Slowdown works specifically based off of a particle present in-setting which is why you need a CP purchase to keep it

I feel like 300 is cheap for what it gives, but maybe we feel differently.
Apologies for wasting your time on such a massive obstacle.

I'm down with the working on the periphery thing, helping the heroes but letting them do the heavy lifting. Sounds like that fits with my overall style.

No problem, user. Classic cars are great and fun to talk about.

Yes. It gives him like the other scenarios give canon companions.

Personally I like reading builds whether or not it's a fully Original Story™
Even if it's just a sentence or two describing what the Jumper is getting up to. I'm always curious to see all the weird shit other people choose to do with the same basic setup.

That reminds me
Hey Heavens!
Where are you at with your conflicting identities Chain? Last I remember you were being semi-adopted into a family in the FMA jump.

>Take The Gamer
>Grind for hundreds of levels
>Dump all points into Luk
Am I Constantine yet?

No.

Does your luck cause others terrible suffering? No? Then no.

Since Kabuto and Part 3 are done now, I think I'm gonna cool my jets on jumpmak-

wait no

stop laughing

I mean it this time I really do. I'm gonna focus on writefaggotry for a little bit before I get back to work on jumps. I suffer from a curse where almost every new jump with a canon I like makes me want to start over or re-order things. Since I'm only a jump and a half in for that one, I'll be picking it up soon.

Bodacious Babes and rest

Is anyone else not seeing any (You)'s?

Add that perk from Binbougami. Your luck increased while those around you begin to suffer.

test 1 2 1 2

see any?

Nope.

The original question was make it respond to your thoughts, so...

To quote the fairly odd parents, 'scream it in your head'.

Sort of a backwards grandfather clause. Skills you got after, it would automatically support.

How about 'old skills get a slight nerf during the import'?

Yes.

No, his luck is drawn from others, thus causing others around his to suffer from 'bad' luck. Yours is self generated.

I was about to mention that, but couldn't recall the name. Thank you.

I do not see them either. Strange.

>To quote the fairly odd parents, 'scream it in your head'.
That sounds exactly like telepathy?

Yous have been removed since yesterday. It's been replaced with a different post format.

>How about 'old skills get a slight nerf during the import'?
I'm fine with it as long as I can bring it back to normal power in a short time.

But... what are we going to do?!?

Eh, I don't like it. How am I supposed to track who is replying to my post? That's just irritating.

Wait what? That's stupid.

What's it been replaced with, because I'm on mobile and can't tell who the hell's replying to me without manually checking. It's extremely annoying.

I see some underlines.

Grind away at them for a while.

For me it's a dotted line beneath the post number, which is also pretty hard to see.

The underline format. It's not really going to stop fanatics like the shitposter, but like said it does make things harder for people to track. It might just switch back in a couple days or something or it might be permanent. It's more an issue on boards with mostly text, on image posts you know which ones you posted generally and can still see replies.

>underlines
FUCK THAT!!!! RRRRRIIIIIIOOOOOTTTT

again , if I'm being annoying or you don't want me to keep asking these questions let me know and I'll stop.

1.does Jumper x Rider Heisei Generations give the standard 2 slots for Gashats?
2.are you not doing the transformation gimmicks into enemies Drawback like you've been doing for the other two? Because that would work really well with Gashats
seriously, I can't take the drawbacks I'm going to need to their two awful!
3.I noticed the drop-in tree is based on Ex- Aid, However there are no science perks for Ex- Aid technology, only drive and ghost. Was this intentional?

>again , if I'm being annoying or you don't want me to keep asking these questions let me know and I'll stop.
That's good banchô. I'm strangely proud of you.

How would it apply to abilities that are fixed in nature?

Is it frowned upon to shout "Tree powers, activate!" right before you use Tree of Life?

Also, are the souls you eat with Stabilized Black Soul something along the lines of the concept of an immortal soul, such that eating them causes something like cessation of existence or eternal suffering, or are they more along the lines of generic lifeforce that sometimes shows up in these types of series?

Example?

1. I added a description for clarity - you get one slot per purchase of Jumper x Heisei Generations for any of the relevant MacGuffins. So if you wanted two slots for an unrelated jump, you'd have to buy it twice. This is following the same trend as previous belt imports.
2. Sorry, we already have a full roster of drawbacks for this. I don't see us adding more, at least not anytime soon.
3. This is because Ex-Aid is still in progress and we're not really sure what to do with it. The notes you get with the capstone item for drop-in is meant to 'bridge the gap' for the time being. I'm sure Ex-Aid and whatever Kamen Rider comes after will get its own jump, but that's a long, LONG way ahead.

That should be 'unrelated belt'. I swear to god my typos are getting worse the older I get. I'M NOT EVEN IN MY THIRTIES YET, COME ON.

But yeah if you're just adding slots to a belt, it's one slot a piece. If you combined a Gamer Driver with whatever you were using, it would come with all the slots of said Driver.

What's the highest levelled/most powerful character in the series?

By fixed I mean powers that can't be trained normally. Sort of like the Gamer's mind and body in canon which start out at MAX level instead of level 1 like other abilities.

So what's this Infinity Soul about? What can it do?

The series isn't far enough along to answer that accurately. If you consider Gaia a character rather than a force of nature then probably Gaia, otherwise it would likely be a natural ability user on the scale of the Harem king or one of the many gods that exist

>The series isn't far enough along to answer that accurately.
Which is why the jump shouldn't have been made yet.

I would argue that by that logic pretty much every ongoing LN or comic shouldn't be made into a jump and that we already have several.

From what we see in canon, Mugen is able to utilize emotions as pure energy and shape his spiritually-based attacks using emotions as a basis. "Joy Rush", "Fun Strike", "Love Bomber", etc. etc. They're pretty potent from what we can see, as the otherwise-unkillable Ganmaizers are put down for good by those attacks. (The ganmaizers can be physically destroyed by a Grateful-tier Rider but they will resurrect.) The Great Eye says that due to Infinity Soul allowing him to connect the power of multiple souls together(like the Heroic Eyecons and his friends/the people he derived the Emotion attacks from) he has the potential to meet or even exceed the Great Eye's power. It's not said how many souls he'd need to connect to for this to occur, as he gives up the power shortly after resolving the Ganma Crisis to live a human life with his friends.
I.E At base it allows you to derive energy from emotions and dreams and with the more souls connected to it it may unlock greater abilities

Can you use the elemental contract thing to bond with specific elementals in other settings?

*Takeru being the He in this case.

For future reference? This is the shitposter's methodology for attacking ASA. It's all he did back in that episode where he decided to shift targets to him for a while. Probably because of the Christmas screenshot posted. Don't fall for it in the future.

Hm...

Doing stuff like that to souls is a bit of a no-no for a lot of people, me included, so I'm going to have to look back over the jump and move some things around.

After much delay, time for a Build!

Last time on Restarted Chain:
Jumper was a soul and shadow wizard! Yamato thought with his pants instead of his brain and needed to be rescued.
This time on Restarted Chain: Jump 15 - Strike Witches

=============

When the whiteness enclosed us this time, I fully expected to be greeted by the snarky Coordinator sitting in mid-air as had become his custom. Instead, I was surprised to find a trio of filing cabinets with a note taped to the front. “Union meeting”, it stated in a curved, elegant hand, “Be back in time for the next Punishment Jump. Enjoy your break.”
I plucked the note up and checked the backside for more, but it was blank. As was the front when I turned it over again. Needlessly dramatic as always. I set the page on top of the filing cabinets.

Raven: So, what, this means we’re in charge? No rules?
Jumper: Seems like it. Might be best to stay at least mildly entertaining, but it looks like we get a vacation.
Wakana: So long as wherever we go has indoor plumbing, I’ll be happy. Ten years of outhouses and sneaking into the Warehouse is enough.
Lina: If… I could make a suggestion?
J: Absolutely. Your ideas are always sound.
L: There’s this one universe I saw last time we were rooting around the cabinets and I was hoping we could go there. Strike Witches.
J: Never heard of it. Let’s give this a… look… see…
Okuda: Why are they not wearing any pants? What’s that strapped to their legs?
J: Oh, dear… Are you sure Lina?
L: Yes. You can have the lead, but I want to go there.
Yamato: Wait, where are all the men?

Drawbacks:
Stuck in the Past (+300, 1300)
No pants allowed (+100, 1400)

Starting Location: France [Gallia] (Rolled)
Background: Ace (100, 1300)
Striker: Super Fortress (Farman F.220), First Generation

[1/2]

So it's an overdrive mode where you boost your abilities by diffusing the cost among multiple participants?

What's the power level at Torchlight NG+++? Enemies are all +100 levels.

What's the best class to take there as a jumper?

Does any jump offer some kind of auto loot or loot magnet sort of thing?

What's the best way to project physical strength into ranged?

>Does any jump offer some kind of auto loot or loot magnet sort of thing?

I actually know this one! warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Carrier

Perks:
Defensive Sign “Directional Shield” (Free)
Restoration Sign “Top Gun Conditioning” (200, 1100)
Perception Sign “Ballistic Stabilization” (300, 800)
Restoration Sign “Blur” (100, 700)
Restoration Sign “Enhanced Strength” (200, 500)
Technomage (200, 300)

Items:
Striker Artificer Tool Kit (100, 200)
Compressed Space Weapons Bay (200, 0)

O: Kinda sucks that the rest of us don’t get points.
J: Oh, you guys get your own bonuses, don’t worry.
O: That Enhanced Strength perk looks really cool though.
J: Okuda, I’ve seen you haul the entirety of a dragon’s treasure trove three days through the woods on your own. That perk is a drop in the bucket compared to that.

Companions:
[All Generation 1 Strikers with Directional Shield and Bomber Jacket]

Raven: Callsign - Noir
Curtiss-Wright CW-21 Demon (Fighter) - USA/Liberon
2x General Purpose Machine Gun

Yamato: Callsign - Dragon
Nakajima J1N Moonlight (Bomber) - Japan/Fuso
GAU-8 Minigun and GPMG

Wakana: Callsign - Foxfire
Mitsubishi G4M (Bomber) - Japan/Fuso
Fliegerfaust Rocket Launcher & GPMG

Okuda: Callsign - Kamikazi
Fokker G.I. (Fighter) - Germany/Karlsand
Katana

Lina: Callsign - Switch
Hawker Tempest (Fighter) - United Kingdom/Britannia
GPMG & Anti-Tank Rifle

J: Okuda? Maybe you want a gun to go along with that sword?
O: Nah, I’m good.
W: The enemies look like they fire a lot of lasers, hun.
O: I really like this sword though.
J: Well, okay. I’ll make sure to tweak your engines hard towards speed and defense.

Story Time!
docs.google.com/document/d/1y7b8VcyZ6sPDKflYseZQYYGPatwrMgrH2fBHssFZD64/edit?usp=sharing

I'll freely admit this one isn't /as/ interesting as I had hoped it would be. I still like the intro, but you will probably be able to spot where I ran out of inspiration on this one. Sorry about that.

>Torchlight question
>posts Warframe link

Your ability to produce quality Jumps continues to astound. While I will not have a build for a little while, rest assured that I'm going on a Kamen Rider Arc just after Jump 20, so they will happen soon... ish.
Dear god I can't decide what I want. It all looks so delicious!

>Heavens
>Taking a break
Excuse me, my sides just blasted off into orbit. I'll retrieve them shortly.
Seriously though, it's going to be great to read your stories again. They're always inspiring and interesting.

I hope this isn't permanent. I guess we'll eventually adjust, but it's a little annoying to read this way.

Global Rule 3: No furries allowed!
I lked your other pics tho

>Does any jump offer some kind of auto loot or loot magnet sort of thing?
>any jump
>Warframe

More or less. The Great Eye is shown & implied to at least have the capabilities of Shenron(as it's more or less an expy of such) and again it is stated that the Mugen Damashii if connected with enough souls could allow Takeru to accomplish the feats it could
So it's a straight overdrive power boost at first with further potential to accomplish more if you focus on developing it

>implying Warframe is useful in anyway