Aether Revolt spoilers

New masterwork spoilers revealed (No reprints)

magicspoiler.com/aether-revolt/

Ready for cryptolith t1 deck in standard?

THAT IS NOT HOW GRAVITY WORKS
FUCK

>paradox

yeah it is, dummy. It turns the other way.

>planar brigde

>OMG WHAT IF
>WHAT IF
>WHATTTTT IFFFFF
>WE COME UP WITH CONVULTED UNREALISTIC NONSENSICAL LITERAL DEUX MACHINAS TO BRING PHYREXIA INTO THE STORY AGAIN AND CASH THAT COW
>WHICH BTW WILL BE 10000% UNDERPOWERED LIKE THE NEW INNISTRANSgay SET

And you all will buy into that shit

And remember when Eldrazi used to be big and scary instead of being overcosted midrange shit?

1. I hate the Jacetice League and SJW pandering too
2. It was bound to happen eventually. There was always going to be some form of Phyrexians or phyrexian-influenced person or group coming across the Planar Portals of old or some other new way to traverse planes. It was inevitable since Mirrodin has fallen and there's no story left there, but Phyrexia has to remain a threat. Especially since the Eldrazi were self-deus-ex-machina'd out of Magic story entirely. (even that happening made no sense since the story explained it as Emmy taking control of Tamiyo and using one of her forbidden spells, but it was already shown earlier in the story that Tamiyo can completely block out all Eldrazi mindfuckery, not just for herself but for others around her, with little to no effort.)

I dread what molestations they have in store for phyexia after the sloppy steaming dump they took on the eldrazi. Can't wait for the jacetice league to punch norn in the cunt using the power of friendship and save the multiverse, again.

perpetual motion is enough of a paradox as is.

Oh

EDH will love that shit

Finally! Cohort will be good

Shh, can you hear it? The sound of infinite combos.

No, because it's on cast not copy. RTFC user.

You read the cards.
Isochron casts the copy of the imprinted spell.
If it didn't, the copy would be created in exile and stay there, where the original is.

>what is a Planar Portal

Everyone shit themselves over how much they fucked up return to zendikar.

I think EDM was a step in the right direction and so far Kaladesh's story hasn't been dog shit.

Every set is the worst set ever and is killing Magic.

It could always be the eldrazi again.
>YFW Bolas builds a giant portal and drops Emrakul's moon on new Phyrexia for shits and giggles.

>RTFC
Oh, the irony.

I dunno. When Innistrad came out, I didn't hear any complaints.

You bet, it goes straight into my junky pinger deck! in the unlikely eventuality I get one.

On the upside, here's a problem Chandra won't fuck off and ignore for years on end or light on fire.

Maybe we'll get to see Koth outside of the Phyrexian Thunderdome.

I'm tired of this slow drip bullshit, give me the full set or fuck off.
I'm not buying shit on presale ever again and if there's not something that fits in decks I already have I'll ignore the set altogether. I'm done.

Oh look a fucking newfag to MTG. To PLAY a spell means to cast it, you fucking idiot they changed the wording in 2010.

Spell copies are always put on the stack unless otherwise specified, check out the kamigawa epic spells

Trolling? If not: read the fucking card

Nigger, read the oracle text before you start talking shit.

>You may copy the exiled card. If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
>cast the copy
>cast
>CAST
>A
>S
>T

T R O N
R
O
N

Sure, now say what card it would replace.

Why pay 14 for that effect, when you could cast Karn, Ugin or Wurmcoil from your hand?

you mean like how isochron scepter specifies it? you fucking mongoloid

>Sure, now say what card it would replace
Fucking anything lel.
>Why pay 14 for that effect, when you could cast Karn, Ugin or Wurmcoil from your hand?
Because it allows greater flexibility. Sometimes you need Wurmcoil, sometimes you need Ugin, you could even run a Spine of Ish Sah.

Tron needs 14 mana to use this the turn it comes down. That's one mana away from hardcasting emmy.

If they DON'T use it the turn it comes down, they essentially wasted a turn doing nothing despite having tron mana (meaning turn 3+). That is suicide against an aggro deck. There will be some janky combo deck that might use this, but I doubt Tron wants it.

Granted, in EDH it will become so obnoxious people will jump across the table and punch you in the face, but that's EDH, that shit comes with the territory.

>so far Kaladesh's story hasn't been dog shit
Yes it has. Have you seen just how many planeswalkers are involved in that shit? Not to mention that once again we're seeing some brand new planeswalkers in Dovin Baan and Saheeli who can travel to any fucking plane they want but oh wait, we just HAPPEN to be meeting both of them on their home plane.

It's been so fucking long since we saw a new walker outside their home plane. I think it was Kiora back on Theros when it last happened.

>Thinking this is something tron needs because it's big and dumb and flashy
>basically Hardcasting Emrakul to get a Karn out from your library
>Skipping out on Cast Triggers from the Eldrazi Titans if you run them
>needing to tutor for "Flexibility" when tron feeds on slamming a threat too early to be effectively answered.

Magic players are stupid.

>Implying Planar Bridge isn't a big dumb threat
Wurmcoil Engine never saved anyone from 3 Bolts.

Perfectiϕn incoming!

>Planar Bridge is as much of a threat turn 3 at Wurmcoil or Karn, or even Worldbreaker
In modern? Not at all. In EDH, yes.

Playing it and doing nothing with it the turn it comes down is strictly worse than just playing the card you'd tutor up with the bridge.

Obvious synergy with mana rocks. If twisted pie cube comes back and this is in the pool, might be good in pingers if the that archetype is still around.

Karn is dropped once, but Bridge spits something out every turn.

>People think this card will be played in edh

You do realize there are far more broken things you can do with 14 mana (if you ever get there)

This is way worse than tooth and nail, bribery, hell I'd rather have kuldotha forgemaster. plus there is a bunch of random artifact destruction, so when this gets hit by beast within or return to dust, it fucking sucks

Assuming the card you want is in your hand.

Hey, what's this? A colorless way to put Omniscience from your deck to the field? In colors that can't tutor enchantments?

Well tan my fucking hide.

It absolutely will be played in edh. Rings of Three Wishes and Planar Portal see play and are far more mana intensive to use because you still have to cast the thing you tutor for.

T&N and Bribery are irrelevant because not every deck has green or blue, not to mention they are extemely limited in what you can grab. And Kuldotha Forgemaster requires you to be dedicated artifacts and needs haste to be used the same turn he comes down.

So as an outsider who only plays magic using borrowed EDH decks once a month, what story would satisfy you guys? Phyrexia shows up, and surprising everyone the Jacetice League fail. Some die, the rest go on the run, as Phyrexia spreads like a plague through the planes. What's left of the League try to rally resistance on whatever planes they can reach that aren't infected, or just look out for themselves and their own planes.

Would turning the Grim Dark up like that be acceptable to the general community?

Well it may have been in my hand, but I cut a copy to make room for this Planar Bridge, which I then cast and watched my opponents kill me next turn.

Hey we technically meat Dovin on Ravnica.

I don't like the focus on the jacetice league but outside of that it's not awful. It's certainly nowhere near as awful as BFZ

>the same kind of retard who said that omniscience won't ever see play because there are far more broken things to do for ten mana

where are you playing that those cards see play? They are absolute trash

plus killing this artifact will be priority #1 for the table as soon as it comes down

well omniscience is usually cheated into play anyway, plus its effect can be used more than once a tum. This gets you ONE permanent per turn for your entire turn. Just seems slow

The engine's interesting, although I don't think there's currently a standard or modern deck that can make much use of it, and fuck if I know what'll work in legacy or vintage.

Not looking forward to seeing it with the guy in my EDH group who loves stacking up mana rocks and has an unhealthy addiction to card draw.

this is getting put right into my muzzio deck, as if i needed more infinite combos.

also its a design of a perpetual enegy machine that is proven not to work

Im still new to magic and these cards scare me. My group is relentless.

Guys I actually think the planar bridge could be a really powerful 1x in modern tron

Yes it means you're doing nothing with your tron mana that turn, BUT even the best tron decks still have games where they hit tron turn 3 but not their payoff, and they're hoping to draw into it

It's pretty serious card advantage, to tutor something into play every turn

Basically there's no way you lose if you untap with it, because it's hard enough to answer a single Karn or Ugin, no chance of doing it every turn

I realize that the card doesn't really help against the matchups that are bad for tron (Aggro), but I still think there's a very good chance it sees some play in pro level modern tournaments

Just think about how huge the eye of Ugin loss hit tron, not being able to pay 7 mana late game to find a heavy hitter

This card isn't as good as eye of Ugin for tron (and obviously it's not as good in general, given the eldrazi wiinter) but it could fulfill a similar role

>playing infinites

How do you like playing with the same 2 people every other week at your LGS?

FUCK YOU I WANT AN ACTUAL ENCHANTMENT BLOCK

Time Spiral/Coldsnap was almost universally beloved iirc.

>presale
There's your problem user. You deliberatly took the bus to hosetown. Set and set again prices plummet after release. It's basic economics shit, you flippin' Timmy.

It gets you omniscience you mouthbreathing retard.

Got a Hangerback Walker for 66% market value because presellers underestimated demand.
But basically you're right and I'm bragging.

>Not expecting them to treat the Phyrexians as the biggest threat in the multiverse over Bolas AND the Eldrazi because WotC has a boner for them

Mark my words, if the Phyrexians DO come back, it'll be treated as this massive terrible thing and they'll basically be the main BBEG

Why don't you, you worthless retard?

Pretty sure you replied to the wrong post. Isochron Scepter does indeed go infinite with this new spoiler. Nobody's arguing that.

Wait...fuck. Yeah i replied to the wrong post. Sorry, my bad man.

>Guys I actually think the planar bridge could be a really powerful 1x in modern tron

Same thing I thought. Don't have Karn/Ugin T4?, Cast this and have it T4. Something to search for those pieces might be better but the deck already has Ancient Stirrings.

The real question is, does this have a place in 12 post?, summoning Ulamog / Kozilek with this is almost as game-ending even though you don't get the on cast effects.

What about Emrakul?, could this be used in any decks to bring Emmy into play?

12-Post will never be good unless we get a 3rd Locus

Tron can potentially turn 4 emrakul now.

Not exactly consistant because you need 4 tronlands, but it's somethin.

there's a difference between the 40k-style 'and then it got worse' escalation you're implying people want and just treating your threats with respect. WotC gives us cosmic horror Eldrazi that eat planes — okay, turns out more biggatons is enough to save the day for two of three. we go to the gothic plane to finish the cosmic horror — okay, turns out...uh, emrakul wants to hide in the closet or something. what? build up a hype fighter and then instead of going up in the ring for a great match: blackjack him the day before, hide the corpse by dumping it in the ocean, and win by forfeit. it feels like that's WotC's methodology of development.

it's half-moot because there is, in fact, a segment that will rage and cry over anything that isn't the grimdumb. contrary to that I still think protagonists can suffer setbacks and get victories that aren't saturday cartoon 'i belivd in meself and ma frands'. that said, magic has particular problems in the presentation of story that interfere with the possibility of satisfying experience for the audience.

for example the compartmentalization of worlds. there's little tying the disparate parts of the setting together except bolas or phyrexia, formerly the Eldrazi, and now the gatewatch. writers have to write stories that are complete in and of themselves while still having relevance for the wider multiverse of Magic. this makes it hard to make the audience care about an individual plane when next set we're somewhere else. that means every story has to have significance to the gatewatch, as our protagonists, which in turn means personal problems until a concrete multiplanar goal of opposing bolas or phyrexia makes it into the story. in the hands of magic's current writers, the personal problems have turned into tween drama and idiocy. half of the writers have very little idea of what they're doing, IMO. this, along with the childish and clumsy plot developments, forms the majority of my complaint about MtG story.

>TL;DR
Most of the players seem to want a credible threat that requires more than two sets for the gatewatch to kill because Chandra can burn lots or Jace is REALLY good at chess.

A protagonist is nothing without an antagonist to oppose them. Ajani is the only one of the gatewatch who really knows THAT much about Nicky B (and by proxy phyrexia - ugin knows but he's not exactly on speaking terms with the gatewatch either)
this is a good enough way to introduce that, but I (and many others) fear that by the end of Amonkhet block the gatewatch will have purified phyrexia, perma-killed bolas and shanghai'd Tezzeret into joining the gatewatch as well.

>paradox engine
>isochron scepter
>desperate ritual
literally infinite red mana

>paradox engine
>isochron scepter
>two mana-rocks, mana-dorks or whatever
infinite whatever you want, this thing is completely broken

>Paradox Engine
>Isocron scepter goes from once a turn to 2: thing!
It's still a 5 mana do nothing and requires a bunch of other pieces but I can imagine a deck running it with a bunch of Mana dorks and an isocron package would be alright, maybe tier 2 if you feel optimistic

Abrupt decay
Nature's claim
Ancient Grudge
Hurkyl's recall
Et cetera
Et cetera

Copying a spell is not casting it.

Go ask GA. He just put a thread up

I don't need to. It clearly says "Copy."

Lrn 2 Read.

Who's GA?

galvanicAutogenitor. Ask a Judge thread.

IT SAYS CAST RIGHT THERE ON THE CARD YOU FUCKING TROGLODYTE

You don't copy a spell. You copy a card, and then cast the copy without paying its mana cost

But copies aren't cast. They just go on the stack. The actual casting is triggered by paying mana. Since you don't pay mana, the spell isn't cast.

Yes, normally that's true. For instance storm doesn't cast its copies however there is something you are failing to grasp.

It. Literally. Says. Cast. On. The. Card.

It's an old card. The text is different now, I'm sure.

>already shown earlier in the story that Tamiyo can completely block out all Eldrazi mindfuckery, not just for herself but for others around her, with little to no effort.

To be fair, when she was blocking out the madness effect before that was just the Cryptoliths. Emrakul itself had yet to appear.

And Tamiyo had consented to the mind network Jace had going on to help spread the protection around. The same mind network that got infiltrated HARD by Emrakul almost instantly. Even if Tamiyo herself would normally have been safe, Jace and the others would have been a backdoor into her mind at that point.

Someone literally posted the eternal masters reprint in this reply chain. It says cast right there. The original print in mirrodin block said play, not cast, and play means "Cast it if its a spell, or put it into play directly if its a land."

Either way you are wrong.

Whatever you say, you play how your group wants to. I'll play the right way. Isochron Scepter doesn't trigger "on cast" effects.

Is this a hot new meme?

yes he is definitely trolling(interesting how well it is working)

Please never leave the kitchen table.

The Eternal Masters reprint just got posted, and it it still says cast.

I usually take first at FNM. It's okay that you're bad, just don't project so hard.

Oh okay is right you're a troll.

Took you far too long to figure it out. Git gud.

>hurr I just pretend to be retarded

Fuck, I play monoblack in EDH and I'm currently just running Scour from Existence.

No, dogshit. Kaladesh is awful. Why the fuck would we meet someone on their home plane!? MTG is awful, you're fucking retarded, this whole fucking game is retarded, and anyone who thinks otherwise needs reality to cockpunch them until they understand how awful everything is!

No, SJWcetice league is always immune to all threat or tension. Its fucking shit, written by shit writers, and anyone who likes this needs to read fanfiction.net or tumblr garbage, so they can read something still objectively bad, but four times as good.