Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/ : Memorable NPCs Edition. Who's the NPC that plays the biggest role in your party? Does your game have any NPCs that particularly stand out?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

spheresofpower.wikidot.com/warshifter
spheresofpower.wikidot.com/radiant-protean
docs.google.com/document/d/1fMfsV6e26ZZO35XuJVOI7IPVfxX4DaQSZ3RvNoWLT9s/edit?usp=sharing
pastebin.com/9y0vR08f
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The NPC that plays the biggest role for us is the fucking Dwarven mogul that owns our asses.

Now I am really debating.

My first level feat is caught between two things:
Deific Obedience (Iomedae)
and
Two Weapon Fighting

As is my melee is barely serviceable, with two weapon fighting it fixes it somewhat. However the Deific Obedience fits the character and the bonus to diplomacy/knowledge nobility is enticing.

On the melee front things get a lot better at level 4 once studied combat comes online, as well I begin moving into spells such as Alter Self for dex bonuses.

It's sad that sword cane is so bad.

nobody likes trumpets

I just noticed a super weird combo you can play in a SoP/PoW game:
spheresofpower.wikidot.com/warshifter
spheresofpower.wikidot.com/radiant-protean

These stack, meaning you now have a 6/9 initiator with full CL in alteration and light spheres, and 3/4 CL in everything else.

Take glory or lingering glow and you get a pretty nice set of buffs on yourself for free whenever you recover maneuvers - Encompassing Glow in particular is a nice free size increase that comes online as soon as you take it after level 3, and doesn't have the penalties of the Size Change alteration trait (But not the ability score boosts either, so mixed bag.)

I don't know spheres too well, what other stuff can you do with this? Does full CL in light give any good utility? Or should you just ditch Radiant Protean, go Beastmind, and get your utility from 3/4 caster level investment in other spheres?

Trumpets are the most holy of instruments.

Sword cane is not bad? It's basically a short sword in a smashing sheath!

It's worse than a short sword in every way besides "muh fluff", which is solved by refluffing.

Trident is basically a longsword.

It has a cool quick draw thing it can do too.

You can't "refluff" a sword into looking like something innocuous like a cane.

Glamered.

That's not fluff!

except you can do that with a normal sword

It isn't just disguised as a cane, which is so detectable that it's a nonfeature anyway. It's *functionally* a cane too. Someone who sees you with it in a city knows that it's a weapon, but if you are literally using it as a cane then they don't have to treat you like someone who is walking around with a drawn sword, just a guy with a cane that's also ready to defend himself if the need arises. A little shady but not brazen indication that violence is being committed somewhere soon or previously.

Reposting from last thread since it didn't get any attention.

I've been working on a class called the Arcane Intercessor, a Full BaB 4th level Arcane caster, focused on utility and team protection.

Link: docs.google.com/document/d/1fMfsV6e26ZZO35XuJVOI7IPVfxX4DaQSZ3RvNoWLT9s/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone got any thoughts?

Is the rest of your party combat focused and capable? If yes, take Deific o. If not, TWF won't help much unless you're doing light feat tax rules.

I have little idea what to do for an Emperor/High Empress regalia. Also Ori's draconic form needs work and I may need help on ideas..

I want to make love to Shalelu!

>cute
>UNF
>#nohomo

Iomedae is cute! CUTE!

What's her normal form? Contrast it. If she's small go with the big one.

Why is two weapon fighting such a feat sink, and why is it so bad, even still? We're the designers afraid of martials being good at dealing more damage?

Do you attach unwarranted significance to the decision on your character's eye color?

Path of the Duelist is stupid good, allowing you to dump strength and dexterity entirely for a SAD gish.

>Iomedae is cute! CUTE!
>mfw

Those two on the right look like they're going to fuck right then and there.

It is almost always green, grey or "wine colored"
"

Isn't there some kind of fiction convention on that bullshit? Green is intelligence, blue is innocence, brown is strength?

Would a 4th-caster really need item creation and metamagic feats that badly?

Nah, just pick something that fits and move on

>something that fits
Exactly, user. That's exactly what I'm getting at.

Only for humans that I want to suggest have Azlanti blood, user.

wait what
What does grey mean then? n-no reason

But it's not a damn crisis. Does it match their look? You good.
Relationships with family and friends in their past are way more important.

Grey means boredom, ennui, and depression.

I'm sorry user.

Why is Luna trying to seduce Snape

It might if the campaign is banning 9th level casters.

THICK
SLYTHERIN
DICK

Anyone play the card game? how is it?

Yep, it's a thing. Any character in fiction you know of that was given green eyes was given them for that reason. Blue is less so (sometimes about innocence or purity but more often about someone being simply beautiful), and brown has basically no significance ever when written.

It either means you're a steely-eyed hero, or a big cutie. Maybe both.

>tfw you'd probably like DMing 5e a lot better
>tfw none of the houserules you love would be applicable in 5e

Alright /pfg/ take your minds off kitsune and cute goddesses for five seconds and gimme some ideas.

So the next arc of my campaign is going to focus on one of the PCs, who's a supersoldier gone wrong awakening into a pseudo-fantasy world with the rest of the party.

The BBEGs are the other three engineered warriors under the program he was created in. He's supposed to be the 'quick' one, with the fastest reflexes out of all four. (not to mention the party). He's also the only human out of the four.

The only other concept i have down is a homunculus that resembles a human-sized Evangelion attempting its best Guts impression.

Basically, what other sort of archetypes can i turn to without having repeats, and without using Magus or pure mage classes.

>take your minds off kitsune and cute goddesses

Small question: what exactly is the nature of the spiritual connection between Tiamat/Bahamut and the Chromatic/Metallic dragons? I know it is because of these deities that they are bound to their racial impulses (always evil or always good), but in what way can their dogma be defied? Is their spiritual influence perpetually felt among their constituent group, integrating itself like a permanent part of their personality, or is it more that they simply choose to adhere to their deities' values?

How's this?

The Smart One, a mastermind Investigator type with... not subpar physical abilities, but not BLEEDING EDGE SUPER SOLDIER.

>I don't know spheres too well, what other stuff can you do with this? Does full CL in light give any good utility? Or should you just ditch Radiant Protean, go Beastmind, and get your utility from 3/4 caster level investment in other spheres?

There are several combinations of Mageknight archetype that stack.

Cold and resolute, or someone who is impartial to a fault. It gets used almost the same way as green eyes as an intelligence indicator but conveys more of a cold analytical intelligence than the emotional, humanity-emphasizing intelligence that green might indicate. Basically you just have no soul, don't worry about it.

Anything written has significance. If it was insignificant, their eye color would have simply been omitted. Brown can be simple, sturdy, or strong. Someone of principle, or someone who's simply unremarkable, depending.

Are yours grey or silver?

I like this. I'm thinking a 'welcome to my lair' tier strategist who's physically weak, and makes up for it with keikaku.

I chuckled.

It's okay user, I like them too.

What are hit dice supposed to be? what's difference between the hit dice and hit points of a character or creature?

I think grey?

Hit dice are sort of a shorthand for total level. A cleric 5/paladin 5 has 10 hit dice, and 10 total levels. Monsters don't have class levels, so hitdie are the only way to tell how strong they are. It's kind of a really old mechanic that isn't used to its fullest in pf, to be honest. Just sort of treat it like a total level.

>Spending +2,700 gp because you NEED NEED NEED that 19-20

Hit dice is a rough universal measurement of "level." More hitdice mean that your numbers tend to be bigger.

One could be The Stealthy One, possibly a Slayer with some sort of implanted magic item that gives him an Invisibility or Greater Invisibility effect for a certain period of time each day, with a huge disguise score for blending in when he isn't murdering people.

This way you could have a sort of "he could be anyone" feel with it, and he can begin any big encounter with him with full knowledge of the PCs' capabilities and how to counter them.

Basically the Spy from TF2, but not terrible or French

Oh, neat.

>Ori is the one on the right

They probably would, but that's not helping with clothing design.

Back in college, we actually talked at length about the literary significance of eye color. You want to know what gray was?

Marksmen. Sniper eyes are gray eyes. You making a cool, dexterous master bowman? Give them gray.

>Not wanting to make him terrible AND French

I don't know, user, that sounds like a lot of fun.

Oi pfg be fuckin wasted, wut be the best drunk build?? THinlking the cayden brewer Prc but dunno

Bright, shiny armor, elaborate decorative bits sticking out over the shoulders or behind the head, capes/sleeves that drag along the floor?

>tfw posted character backstory in the thread for the first time
>only one response because thread was memeing about dragons
I deserve this, don't I?

Dragon cloaka be best thing for lle abventurer

At higher levels, with a keen weapon, it's a 10% extra chance of a rough 70% chance to do double damage, so about 7% more damage. If we go low and say you deal around 25 avg damage per hit, it's an effective +2 to avg damage per hit. 2.7k is worth paying for +2 damage, particularly at higher levels.

Over all, the class seems stacked. You get a Lot of bonus feats with the path of your choice on top of their own bonuses. Path of the Duelist, while cool, gets Way to many bonus that are To good for early lv. A 3rd lv Duelist is using Only Int for 3 Stats, (Str for to hit and Damage, Dex for ac, reflex, And int, and Int is the main stat) potentially making it a gish just as gishy as magus.
Over all, the stacked nature of the class, excluding Duelist, isn't bad. Most of it seems perfectly fine.

>Would rather complain about not being noticed than simply post it in the new thread

user, if you act like such a wimp, then no one will want to notice your backstory. Now give it here and go think about what you've done.

My general sheet says:

Hair: No
Eyes: Yes

I prefer nymphs desu senpai.

>sacrificing fluff for +2 damage

Why? That's just... why?

Quick fix, Duelist doesn't add damage,
But still invalidates 2 stats by 3rd lv, makings it the go to choice for power gaming and hyper exploitable.

Usually blue eyes, because I have blue eyes in real life and it reflects that I control them.

>not Hair: Everywhere

Go hard or go home. If you're not going to max everything out, you might as well be playing freeform. This is a game of numbers and if you can't play the game, get out of the ball park.

>Very hairy men

Gross!

Bear camp best camp desu senpai

See but the last time I posted it, people told me it should have waited till after the bump limit, so now I don't know what to do.

But anyway here, pastebin.com/9y0vR08f

Not sure what I need to do other than maybe explain more on how they promoted her to be in charge of an area very far away from her investigation. I also wonder if I need to expand of the personality and if the app feels comfy enough.

>men
GUESS AGAIN

Out of curiosity, what are the literary significance of other eye colors?

Are you 2hu?

Nymphs are fucken cute, bro

Hairy woman gross is you japanese gook

Which unit composition, /pfg/?

No, he's probably witchhunt user trying to stir shit again. You know the deal, report and ignore.

Japanese can't grow anything but a bush you hair pleb. Where is the treasure trail? Where is the pit hair?
On Japanese women they don't even exist!

WItchhunt user should die on pyre mato da

I'm not playing in the national championship, Senpai. I'm having a casual game with the lads. I don't need to be that perfected, and I doubt the majority of people here need it either.

You're right that the glamered longsword is better than the sword cane, but please don't insist people turn away from it when they have a concept that works with that type of weapon. It's kind of shitty.

>Sacrificing Fluff
Implying. I have plans for a Nodachi I'll soon get Glamered. Since my character has his ranks in Craft (Sculpt) maxed out, I'll go with (or something of the like):
"This weapon's blade appears to be made of crimson crystal, intricately carved with scenes that would appear impossible to make with human hands. However, the depth of these sculptures makes it so that the blade could only possibly be ceremonial, since any other blade treated like this would break at the first resistance."
You gotta match the good crunch with stylish fluff.

I don't think she's particularly comfy, but I like her and she seems comfy enough. I also think you've got enough detail, GM doesn't want too much of it.

This has nothing to do with the fact that Tieflings have tails for me to touch. That's just a bonus.

Dunno, but you can always just take a combat or Intercessor Feat.

dUNNO like cute woman, hhair not cure

2>4>1>3

The issue with 1 and 3 is you don't want your fanks like that where you can have people not threatened. 1 has an issue that the swordsman can be attacked as well. 4 has the spot up front that isn't threatened.

2 is the best.

Duelist has been edited.

It no longer adds to Reflex or to Damage.

Assuming you're surrounded? I like 1 the most because it protects the A more in tight melee and forces soft-cover penalties to ranged attacks against A.

Overall and in non-surrounded encounters, I think each R can access more mooks at any given time if they spread out entirely, and this also prevents nasty AoE rapetrains that will brutalize every one of your formations.

What would make it seem more comfy? At one point, I had planned on taking hedonistic and have her spend an hour every morning eating a nice fancy breakfast and having tea, or a glass of wine, depending on the time. Breakfast can be comfy right?

Should I include what she'd want to do with a village or is that autism? Would saying that she likes designing flags be autism?

Not actually witchhunt user or tuhu; I'm just someone who supports the practice and use of system mastery.

Look man, if this was a rules light game, that'd be fine, but pathfinder isn't. The rules are heavy and awkward and you absolutely need to optimize within them and obtain mastery of them to beat them into the shape you want. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

Because fluff can be changed.