Connected to NativeNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Critters_List_2077.zdf
>Go-Gangs:_How_to_stay_safe.knwsft
>The_Juggernaut_Hunter.trid
>NAN_Visum.zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 2049 (20% Positive)
* You have no new private messages
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running The_Bad_Touch.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Wilderness Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

u.nya.is/wikhgq.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>>Critters_List_2077.zdf
do these include prices

What genemods are the best?

Is there any zoos in shadowrun?

Enable the Drone Modification rules under Optional Rules.

Private, Public, or Corporate?

Private Zoos damn well better be a thing, some super rich asshole with his own personal zoo makes a fucking great target for runs.
Public Zoos? I don't really know, would existing Zoos still be around? Could you go to London or New York and go to the Zoos? Maybe, with flashy Corporate Sponsorship they could still be around. I mean cute and fluffy animals are great PR. I suppose that answers the question for Corporate too.

Sure, they're called Barrens
Most big sprawls have them

Adapsin
Depends on your character

>Sure, they're called Barrens
RUDE

But not inaccurate

Yeah. In the New York supplement they have information on the thriving Bronx zoo, complete with some Awakened enclosures to study paracritters. If anything, zoos are having a new comeback now that the Awakening has created a new age of biological discovery.

Hi yekka, I love the work you're doing with chummer! My group spent part of last session marveling at all the cool features.

I noticed that chummer has radar sensor listed as a sensor function, and that they could be put in an array. Is that how it should be?

Someone made an animal price list. Hope this works for you omae.

>cyberpunk is designed to keep you trapped in high tech depressing urban environments
>nature hostile and hard to connect with to reinforce cyberpunk setting
There will never be a "good" future where the best of both worlds get along together. Hold me, chummers.

you got sci-fi and stuff like postcyberpunk for that

Yeah, but Shadowrun's mechanics are awesome. Welp, time to start working on a very long homebrew campaign that is about making that happen very slowly behind the scenes.

Is there any organization with money in the lore that shares my dream? So far the closest thing I've found is terrafirst, but they are radical eco terrorists and that wont do.

>2075
>Holding someone in a non-sexual manner
Romance is dead, chummer, get with the times.

I'm sad the point based mod system for weapons is no longer supported for Chummer. Why'd it go away?

Hrm. Looks like it shouldn't be, in 5th.
What point based mod system?

I'm not sure if it was 2e or 3e, and could be referencing a completely different one, but I remember one of the older editions had custom gun rules that let you make a few hilarious guns.

The one that stuck in my mind was the 100+ round cylinder or drum handgun that hit like a shotgun, fired like an AR, and hid like a streetline special.

>TRIVIA-VERSE
>WHALE RIDERS
>Maori whale-riders of Aotearoa spend most of their life on the ocean with whales. Many of the followers bond to the whales and become riders above and below the waves. They have rings of rafts as their home, providing a place where they can protect young calves.
Is this an awesome thing is Howling Shadows, or thw awesomest thing in Howling Shadows?

>Aliment Category S
>Behemoth
>Thunderbird, Greater
Aren't we reaching a little beyond our grasp here? Also, why are these things on the list and not meistersingers?

3e. And you just explained the reason as to why that system went away.

How do I incorporate something like this into Chummer itself?

The cities are pretty fucking hostile too, and you'd be shocked what you can find out in the wilderness.

Take, for example, my current character that I'm in the process of building.

Back in the 2020s, when Goblinization first hit, my character's great grandparents started an ork commune/homestead out in the wastes to escape persecution. They went survivalist/neoprimitivist with it, and within just a few decades had become a small pastoral tribal village made of the children of outcasts.

Come the 2070s, there are no living members of the tribe who still remember cities as anything but a bedtime story. My character is a child during those early years, when an army of the hungry dead, led by a powerful necromancer (a wizgang of Infected, led by a full-on Magician) rolled into town, slaughtering and consuming all of his family and friends. As the sole survivor, he swore vengeance, which is what has eventually brought him to the distant land of 'Seattle' with a magic axe and a coat of arms (gang sign) to try to mete out vengeance.

Along the way, all kinds of other shit happened that might catch up with him again too. He worked as a slave constructing something out in the Mojave before starting a revolt and escaping into the night. He raided armored caravans as part of a Mad Max gang of road warriors straight off a heavy metal album cover. He survived a manastorm during a spirit stampede.

All of these little plots left with loose ends instead of resolved, so that my GM can bring them back up whenever he needs to spice things up a bit.

Point is, there's plenty of shit outside of the cities. You just need to start less thinking cyberpunk at that point, and more thinking pulp fantasy, post-apocalyptic, heavy metal, and occasionally just traditional hillbillies.

Chummers, I am trying to build a pistol adept, with the intent of going full John Wick/Neo/Grammaton Cleric mode (pick your poison). What adept powers do you recommend for this? I've got a full 6 magic to work with. Currently considering Improved Reflexes 2, Enhanced Accuracy (Pistols), Nimble Fingers, Wall Running, and a rank or two of Mystic Armor (or maybe Combat Sense). However, I'm new enough that I don't know if those are good choices.

I also took Prototype Transhuman for delicious powergamey bioware.

I thought it was a combination of that and most of the actual guns either being under-pointed or impossible build without really breaking the system over your knee and usually not looking much like what you wanted except in the numbers department.

Go full Improved Reflexes 3 to start out. It's worth it.

>Prototype Transhuman
>Awakened
Scum

Is it metagaming if I have the fixer be the person my runner is indebted to and just have the GM limit my nuyen rewards accordingly?

>implying a corp breeding program with the endgame of a supersoldier wouldn't attempt to breed awakened individuals

Hrm. They'd most easily be lifestyle qualities, but that gets affected by alterations from stuff like suprathyroid. Um. Could just make it a gear item, I suppose.

>attempt
That's the keyword here, because AFAIR they do far have not been able to do that. Which is why awakened PT-subjects should be even MORE wanted.

Not at all

>have not been able to do that.
...Reliably, of course.

Now here's the million nuyen question: Would an emerged PT be even more wanted in-verse?

>Would an emerged PT be even more wanted in-verse?
Almost absolutely.

>even MORE wanted.
Since his backstory is that he was extracted as a toddler by a pair of runners, who then decided that hey, turning a 2-year old over to someone who's obviously from another megacorp and wants to experiment on them is probably a bad idea and subsequently went dark and adopted him, yeah, he's probably wanted by at least 2 high-powered parties.

hey thats pretty cool, user -- Where are his parents now?

Unless I rework it before the game starts, dead. They semi-retired from running and got a place outside Seattle, until an out-of-control fire in their block cost them their lives (guess they ran out of Edge). Adept kid managed to escape, but watched the building burn as Lone Star and emergency services did nothing but contain the blaze because 99% of the residents were SINless garbage (hello Prejudiced [Outspoken, Police] quality.)

Not sure if I wanna stick with that, or have his adopted parents still kicking around somewhere.

Oh hey. Someone actually running foundation.
I've got a question then.
How do you hitchhiker with a commlink?

I mean to hitchhike someone through the gateway you have to have their persona on the host. If the host is public, it's no problem. But how do you get a computer illiterate hobo shaman with a meta link into a private host?

So if I wanted to cast spells from 11km away through walls, what would be the best thing to use to do that?

I have enough enough nuyen to buy every eye augmentation in the book btw.

Not this shit again
You can't do it with cybereyes, no matter the enhancements unless the target is already visible, in which case you can just use a telescope

Take Combat Sense instead of Mystic Armor. Gun adepts are meant to evade damage, not soak it.

Can someone who actually knows the rules help me out here?

you got your answer already. too bad you don't like it

The only way to do this involve the Prodigal Spell ritual, a spotter that can reach the target to see them (a watcher works), and a Direct Combat spell.

Note that the spell will travel through the astral, so while physical walls might not be an issue, mana barriers, vines, and other things you might not think of can be.

Theoretically, it can also be done with Indirect combat spells, but then your spotter also has to be able to open a path to the target, which requires a lot more skills than just Can Astrally Perceive the Target.

I would like your answer better if you were actually correct.

The answer is correct: you can't do this shit with cybereyes, no matter the enhancements
The only way is which has the disadvantage of needing a spirit or person being able to see them and requiring a ritual

No, I can make a dude experience mass agony from up the street. I've done it before and I'm pretty sure my GM knows more than you.

He's been running games since 4e.

Unless you want to put some facts behind that anecdotal evidence, you can go away now

Then why don't you ask him?

This is like the Veeky Forums version of "my dad works at Nintendo." Here's a smug anime girl, you fucking sperg.

How about you show me first. Just so I know that you're not full of shit and that this general actually serves a purpose.

Current setup is:
Combat Sense 3
Enhanced Accuracy (Pistols)
Improved Reflexes 3
Nimble Fingers
Wall Running (mostly for flavor)

I have 15 armor from other sources (Armor Jacket, Helmet, Forearm Guards). Think I'll survive for a while.

This is supposed to be a general, I shouldn't have to bother my GM when you fags are the ones who can't answer a simple question correctly.

I'm sorry that you can't accept reality when it proves you wrong.

Well we clearly don't know how to do what you say within the confines of the rules, so it's looking like your best bet is to go find someone who does.
Like your GM.

>this general actually serves a purpose
There's a difference between serving a purpose and serving (you).

Removed the direct reference because.

Also started in 3e if you want to get into that kind of wagging contest.

But more importantly, down the street isn't 11 kilometers. That's over six miles, at which point you need to be like, 25 to 30 meters up so that you don't have the horizon blocking you. And that still doesn't matter because through walls is what you specified, so that had to be a tall wall.

But let's play. In 5e, the second step of spell casting and the description of Clairvoyance effectively rule out through walls. It would definitely count as digitized or augmented and Clairvoyance says it can't be used for targeting. So, both those say you need the ritual I mentioned and either summoning, the Watcher ritual, or a metahuman with astral perception.

Oh, yeah, and LoS AoEs can't hit what you can't see (step 2 again), even if they're in the target area.

Now, 4e this stuff is on Step 3 instead, but has similarly worded exceptions. Nothing that substitutes for your visual sense isn't the exact quote, but it's close enough for corp work. AoEs even have the same limitation (but in 4e you can trade dice for a smaller area).

Nobody is obliged to help you. But you got an answer. Your fault you didn't like it. Go bother your GM if you think they know so much. One more smug for the road, saltlord.

What if I make a dude with scales that's a corporate level SINner?

Should I make him a mage?

>What if I make a dude with scales that's a corporate level SINner?
Hope your GM is too beta to screw you over for it.

The general's purpose of to provide information.

All you're interested in in spreading misinformation and calling people names. You should be ashamed. People like you are why we get /pfg/.

>4e
>experience
Get back to me when your GM started in the 80s in 1e
>1 mile range bows and Troll Tanks that shrug off small arms fire

Any augment that costs essence counts as natural sight.

Keep up.

First run will be extracting him and getting that SIN burned as fuck. It could work.

Nope. Not any. Both have their own outs, although 5e's is more explicit about it.

And now that I think about it, you'd be taking an awful dice penalty for all that distance and smog.

Thanks, I'll ask my GM if that's cool with him.

Prototype Transhuman Adept guy here.

Was discussing character ideas in our discord server for the game, mentioned 2 details:
1. Took Wanted as my drawback trait for PT.
2. Character has roman numeral IX tattooed on his face below his eye, indicating he's number 9 in whatever breeding program whatever corp was running.

Turns out another player, playing a cybered-out troll, also took Prototype Transhuman, and also took the Wanted drawback. The GM straight-up told him to put a numeral III somewhere visible no his character.

Are we fucked? We're fucked, aren't we?

Hopefully in the fun way. But as I don't know your GM, who's to say.

Yes. But do not fret, for there is potential for fucking awesome games because of it.

Don't build boring "safe" characters, chummers.

You'll never guess what your other fellow players took...

>catgirl in the OP
Yes, this pleases the catposter.

That sounds like it could turn into an awesome hook. Or end up with you guys being hunted down by other members of the program.

Should be fun either way.

>arguing with the troll
awful

This is gonna turn out to be some final fantasy 8 shit.

(You) are making making assumptions on whom (you) are speaking with, user, and questionably informed, too. Lurk more, and keep hanging out in /pfg/.

How about you go back there since you're only here to cause problems and be confrontational.

You won't even meet me in a conversation because you know that I'm right. Link to my post properly you fruit.

Ignore that guy; it's a good idea.

Y'see, that's what I thought.

I'd steal Prototype Transhuman Adept user's character concept but my GM would probably strangle me.

It wouldn't be nearly as busted if we weren't using sum-to-10 generation. Prioritygen makes it hard to get both high magic and enough nuyen to buy decent bioware.

Would or make that much of a difference to get B priority nuyen?

You could, but then you'd lack either attributes or skills, which is kinda the point with prioritygen, and helps stop these kind of shenanigans.

I didn't know you allowed furries to propagate here?

Are there any good alternative rules for heavy weapons? I feel they are a little weak compared to automatics.

So they nerfed the Ultimax Rain Forest Carbine a way long time ago, but they didn't drop the price of the weapon at all, so now it's more expensive than an Ares Alpha and is objectively terrible.

Should we make the URFC great again?

how do you all fluff collecting and refining regants, as well as regents themselves?

Reagents can be anything relevant to a particular tradition, but unless you're rat mentored, only your tradition's reagents are worth finding.

That means chasing mana storms or finding undiscovered/unclaimed/unharvested areas where a background count is currently aspected towards your tradition.

What's your beef, exactly? You have access to suppression, smart/burst-linked explosives, and big scary missiles. They fill a specific set of edge cases, some of which are simply outside the scope of Automatics. There's always going to be a tradeoff.

Still working on that Not! ninja mysad thing from last thread, wondering if i should switch stats B and Magic A for Stats A and magic B, since im unlikely to buy more than 4pp at chargen anyways. Any suggestions? (plz)

Sounds good to me since you can pad Magic B and PP with your SAP and Karma - not so easy to do for Attributes. I rarely take a high Magic priority myself.

It's my first attempt at an awakened(thats what they call spellcasters right?) character, so it's slow going, i've gathered i should probably grab improved reflexes and critical strike for whatever melee weapon i end up using, as well as a weapon foci, which will be his sword so theres that problem solved, but beyond that, im kind of stumped.

When in doubt, make up an A or AA rated corp.

At least EVO's huge transhumanist and progressive agenda could certainly factor into environmental causes, especially since they're friendly with xeno/metasapients that would call those wild areas home.

We're beginning a SR4 campaign tonight with my usual gaming group, and they wanted me to play a face/hacker ( Foreverhacker here).
I was bored with most of the usual options ( done classic hackers/adept/TM already), and I stumbled upon the AI rules. My GM doesn't have any bias towards me playing one, so I created that AI born from a feel good software for lonely people (like the ones actually being released in japan), with the mandatory cute schoolgirl appearance, shitty inherent programs, and soft personality.

I heard AI were shit at pretty much everything, and by the rules i've seen, that didn't seem to be so problematic.
How are they shit?

But more important question : How do I make the party live the dream of having a cute schoolgirl AI companion to relieve their loneliness? (besides sexual things , of course.)

So who's gone running in Sydney before?

Cunt's Fucked.

I know mate, but I wanna know if any cunt's actually tried running or playing in the storm-bordered, corp-run independant fucking city-state of Sydney.

Noticed the Master Index edition of shadowrun isn't in the mega: u.nya.is/wikhgq.pdf

Test

>How do I make the party live the dream of having a cute schoolgirl AI companion to relieve their loneliness?
First you get an I-Doll and
>(besides sexual things , of course.)
Uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....gossip, I guess?

How do I shadowrun as a large Ukrainian machine gunner?

Well, you pick a race, you boost AGI and STR, you put points into Heavy Weapons (Machineguns), you come up with a background story, you round the character out with more skills and gear and there you go. Ukranian machinegunner ready to run!