>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

>Where to order DFC from
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

First for no one at my FLGS plays DZC/DFC and I'm going insane

>finally buy ships from Hawk
>they come unpainted

I'm fucking pissed.

third for everyone at my FLGS apart from me plays PHR and I feel like the odd person out

Dirty fucking ball fondlers are everywhere, you can't escape them.

POST-HUMAN SUPERIORITY

>my (broad)sides when UCM start thinking they can insult glorious aesthetic PHR

Seventh for not posting bestgirl.
>Ballfondler best faction.

Sheltari pls go and stay go

Just bought sheltari fleet starter and diamond battleship.

Ship of the line tactics about to hit my flgs and they won't know what hit them.

>Ship of the line tactics about to hit my flgs and they won't know what hit them.
Let me guess, they're all playing UCM or PHR?

Show those primitives who the true dunkmaster is, fellow starchief.

yeup. I am loving the combo of range/shields or punchy/rape.

How have shields been working out? Have they given you a significant advantage? Or is it off set by the low armor.

I'm playing torPHR.
Shaltari saves 40-60% of my "guaranteed" torpedo crit damage.
>It is still worth it.
>Tennisball tells me so.

>mfw trying to come up with names for my fleet including a massive swarms of Djinn.

>Breaker Grindylow
>Breaker Vodyanoy
>Breaker Moray
>Breaker Krait
>Breaker Caribe

Picking an aquatic swarm predator or mythical shoreside ambusher and slapping a chuuni ocean term in front of it doesn't seem too hard.

The really challenge is writing a name like Abhorrent Dunkleosteus legibly onto a BB nameplate sticker.

>Chuck
>Jack
>Danny
>Roger
>Big Vic
>Lil' Vic
>Jimmy
>TJ
There. Names enough for 8 Djinns.

>"best girl"
>some half-human nobody
>not the undisputed best girl

Try again, friend.

Half human is better than not human at all, jelly filth.

arguably we're plenty human, we've just got a few extra bits.
Just like you.

>tfw no art skills with which to contribute spherical waifus

I'm UCM, dirty jelly. No extra bits on me. But I'll help even abandonist scum against you parasites.

Are people still waiting on their kickstarter stuff? I know I am.

Reporting in.

I have two Commodore pledges I'm waiting on.

Commodore plus extras here. Definitely getting antsy with no word.

Hopefully the mandatory Christmas/New Year stall shouldn't last into next week.

Has there been any word outside the updates? When I got my Commodore delivered to me out in the middle of nowhere at the start of the month, I figured Hawk was on the home stretch for fulfillment.

p10 bump

They are supposed to be near done. Of KS people there are a bunch that had the wrong info on their address columns or didn't input things right. There are also those that Hawk some how lost track off.

Late Backers are a different story and people with order problems. It looks like Hawk still has some work ahead.

Djinns or Harpys...

Looking at the command bases from model exchange...

can't see how they're not better in every way than the ones that come with the sets.

Thoughts?

Probably Djinns. Harpies are okay but they lack a real role in the fleet. Providing more attacks for flanking teams sort of wastes the atmospheric ability and they don't have the shots to go atmos fishing themselves. Djinns on the other hand are very shooty CA ships that roll lots of dice and can hide away in atmosphere on approach. Simple and effective.

I don't like them personally but I see the appeal. After Warmachine I just don't want to have to deal with all those fucking tokens. The normal bases work fine for everything but damage.

I don't think I like them. They are much to loud and don't fix enough stuff. As the other user said, it is just damage that is the problem. While putting little dice in the slot is easier it is not pay money easier.

Czech my meme list

--------------------------------------
750 Scourge - 740pts
Scourge - 0 launch assets

SR15 Line battlegroup (270pts)
3 x Strix - 270pts - M

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (169pts)
1 x Chimera - 105pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (301pts)
5 x Djinn - 215pts - L
2 x Djinn - 86pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

Finally got my name's all picked out after a lot of hemming and hawing. Now I just gotta figure out how to get them on bases. Has anyone tried using label makers or is everyone just painting them on?

Probably just going to print some name stickers at work - my hand isn't steady enough to freehand lettering.

I'm missing my launch assests
that's about it.
i should email hawk about that.
shit really?
are we that slow or did Veeky Forums pick up speed?

There was talk about someone making a sticker generator so the text would wrap around the base. Hopefully someone that is tech savvy can gen on up.

So I got a guy selling a Resistance lot for DZC, but he's tossing in 4 Hellhogs and wont part the rest out. How likely am I to ever use 4 of the things?

Dont get me wrong, I love Space Not-A10, but 4 seems a bit excessive.

Is one of them Karl? You really need 2 at most.

You could use the rest as terrain pieces.

Could crash 'em and make scatter terrain.

if it's still a really good deal you could always just try selling on the Hellhogs yourself or make them into scenery or something.

if I was ever going to use 4 of a fast mover the hellhog is it, but I believe it is a rare choice so at most you could use 2 at clash (1500 ish points) or 3 at battle (2001+ points) Unless you take Karl Foley (not a bad idea hes pretty OP)

So basically yes 4 is excessive

Well, the guy's asking $150 for a resistance starter, rulebook, command card deck, 4 hellhogs and three blisters of Cyclones (which I will likely be using 4 of). So it's a good deal, and I'm likely gonna pick it up, but I just couldn't see using 4 hellhogs ever. All still in blisters too.

Now, I could convert one of the hellhogs into Foley, since he doesn't seem that much different (what, some missile pods and a paint job).

So this question has probably been answered many times before, but what's a decent configuration using:

-the PHR starting fleet (3 cruisers, 4 frigates)
+1 cruiser
+2 frigates

and assuming I can convert any corvettes or dropships required, and that I'd prefer not to buy any additional ships.

I backed this KS solely for the models, so I really don't give a fuck if the final fleet is optimal, but I'd at least like to have something that's not horrible on the table if a game is ever available.

Well, I usually suggest just going for whatever the starter fleet picture shows, but I'd swap out the Theseus for an Orion, given a choice. The Theseus is perfectly decent, but the Orion has never let me down.

As for the extra, not sure - I love me some Orpheus Troopship, but the Ganymede has it's own pro's and cons as well.

Frigates, minimum 2 Europa, 2 Medea. I'm assuming you mean two sprues extra? In that case, another pair of Medea's at least. The other 6 frigates is kind of a crapshoot, since they're all situational. I like Andromeda's, for the extra PD or odd bomber they can dump out, but a trio of Pandora's can ruin someone's day really easily. Plus, there's the Calypso, which sounds great on paper, but it's only one attack per turn, which doesn't mean a great deal when you've got a horde of CAW'ing little Scourge shits descending upon you.

I'd say:
Bellerophon
Orion
Ajax
Theseus
3x Medea
3x Europa OR 3x Pandora OR 3x Andromeda, depending on your preference

Alternately; if you go with the 3x Andromeda, you could replace the Bellerophon with an Achilles.

Thanks!

>Rolling 2 1's on my Wyverns plasma weapon
I mean 6 scalding shots is cool, but still

GOOD
NO FUN FOR JELLIES

Question to the UCM fleets
Any thoughts on

252 Beijing
195 Avalon
163 Moscow
105 Rio
105 Berlin
105 Berlin ( 925

79 (madrid)
132 (seattle)
111 sanfran x2 - 433

35x6 - toulon -210 - 568
39x4 - taipei -156
37 x2- lima - 74
4x 32- NO. -128

+40 for UCM commodore

As a total fleet setup? I'l have to cut it down a bit for a 1500 sized force, but this is what I feel like building with what I have. Thoughts?

>mfw fucking Shaltari

How come we never see other tribes in the art? It's always the orange scheme.

primitive optics cannot discern the subtle variations in shade that signify a thousand years of history.

Same reason PHR are always tan, UCM are always green and scourge are always purple in the art.

Scourge question: is there any good reason why I would want a Scylla when I could just have more of literally any other frigate?

You've got enough combat power in your cruisers and want to have some fun memeing about with atmos sniping.

They're not all that bad of a frigate; effectively a Toulon with one less attack, but can sit in atmos and plink away. Excellent for taking out stragglers in a brawl in LO.

Where the fuck do I find command cards?

So, is there a consolidated list of slang/jargon?

HO: High Orbit
LO: Low Orbit
Atmo: Atmosphere
OB: Orbital Bombardment

the mind of Dave.
They'll be released next year, probably quite early on.

They're not out yet.

lol so why are they talked about in the hawk forums and stuff?

They might be on about the DZC command cards, which are out.

CAW: Close action weapon
PD: Point defense
PHR: Goddamn ball fondlers

In the trash, where they belong.

>PHR: New Hotness

Ftfy, to go along with:
UCM: Old and Busted

PHR: Paint Huffing Retards

UCM: Useless Crying Monkeys
PHR: Pitiful Hopeless Robots

Because they're fucking annoying to deal with. They don't do great damage, because if they did they'd be completely busted. Scyllas can effectively operate with impunity unless your opponent wants to waste corvettes on them.

Evening bump.

Tonight I have discovered that I am shit at painting DZC infantry.

Metal or plastic?

Yeah, but those are at least somewhat unified. It seems weird only this one tribe has a part in reconquest.

>tfw no time to finish ships asap
>tfw fb feed full of glorious first impressions from locals

skirmish list I have been playing with

--------------------------------------
skirmish - 499pts
Shaltari - 0 launch assets

SR10 Vanguard battlegroup (165pts)
1 x Jet - 165pts - H

SR7 Line battlegroup (130pts)
1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
2 x Voidgate - 30pts - L

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (204pts)
2 x Amethyst - 96pts - L
3 x Glass - 108pts - L

Both. Although after bashing my head against these Legionnaires, they're looking a bit better.

Rules errata when /DCG/?

/dcg/-specific homebrew rules errata when

Is there a scan of Reconquest Phase 1 in the OP links? It might be my sleep-addled state, but I'm not seeing it.

Yeah, it's under
>DZC rules, units, errata, etc.

Ok guys. I just got my PHR Battleship and by tennisball I've never seen so much flesh on a single model before. Pieces that you have to carefully align with each other have flesh seamlessly jutting out at asymetrical angles preventing you from actually connecting them; but to remove them would be to surely ruin the perfectly smooth intended piece.

>Life is suffering under tennisball.
>But I will perservere.
>There is also no build instructions.

time to start shaving with an xacto knife.

J e w e I e r s f i l e

Well guess who feels retarded for missing the blatantly obvious.

I wish I had your problems, user.

Paint a bit of base color everywhere.
Wash.
Touch-up.

>scourge/10

Looking at the Deep Cut Dropfleet mats.

Which one would you get if you were to grab one, and why?

The Earth and the dunes. They match the cradle worlds and colonies the best.

The new night time one gets me hard.

Why would there be lights????

Unless you are attacking a colony....JELLY SCUM!

Scourge do operate industrial centers.

Yea but wouldn't that many lights indicate a bustling city? Do Scourge even have those?

all those billions of hosts, both military and industrial have to live somewhere. Bodies are still human, so they still have human needs for shelter, sleep, food, etc. It'd make sense for them to have cities, even if they're put to entirely different purpose.

Scourge, or at least their host bodies, probably still need light to see.

PHR Fleet - 1500pts
PHR - 8 launch assets

SR16 Flag battlegroup (322pts)
1 x Calypso - 37pts - L
1 x Heracles - 285pts - S

SR11 Vanguard battlegroup (217pts)
1 x Bellerophon - 180pts - H
1 x Calypso - 37pts - L

SR10 Line battlegroup (230pts)
2 x Ikarus - 230pts - M

SR14 Line battlegroup (367pts)
1 x Ajax - 100pts - M
4 x Europa - 160pts - L
1 x Orion - 107pts - M

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (208pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
2 x Medea - 78pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (156pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

How many strike carriers are too much? I feel like I should try and reorganize this to have more pew pew.

All you anons who have already had a chance to play, do us a solid and tell us how you transport your ship. I was looking at chessex figure cases at my lgs, but I'm not certain they're large enough.

>got one of every battlecruiser
>could have just ordered a pile of Leonids
This bottom hull is the sexiest BC add-on by far, and I could have had a pile of spare heavy maneuvering fins to plug on to my heavy cruisers. Regretssss

Maybe drop two Medeas and try to fit another troopship in there? That would give you a heftier second wave to draw attention away from the carriers.

Armor is really nice, but triple infantry drops are pretty lulzy for putting a cluster under your control.