Alright, we just got confirmation that there is a Echidna in the underbelly of Chicago...

Alright, we just got confirmation that there is a Echidna in the underbelly of Chicago. Damn thing must have been living there for awhile if we're going by the missing person reports and the rise of monster-girl sightings. Our objective is to plug the damn baby factory before Chicago becomes overrun, I want you outfitted with close quarters combat kits, along with the basics since we could be fighting anything down there. There will also be snake cultists along with the usual monstergirls, so assume that if you see any humans down there, they may be looking to backstab you. We're in a fight to keep humanity alive, so watch your six and do not fuck monstergirls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oir5N8mqXaE
youtube.com/watch?v=1sJHzE2I9Og
youtu.be/z_AViiBbkBw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

An echidna?

Are the local barracks properly equipped?

Well, most major cities should have at least the standard equipment for most types you would find, but we should still bring in some of our own specialized gear in case since Echidna's can pop out just about anything.

You know, the mother of all monsters?

Echidna was her name, not her race.
She was a Titan.
By saying 'we have an echidna', you have said there is, in fact, a small, spiny ant-eater native to Australia present.

You should have said 'The Echidna' or more simply, a mother, or queen, of monsters.

>A chorus of disrespectful noises rose from the assembled soldiers, hard military men, who clearly had little respect for the overweight neckbearded civilian who had been brought into the unit. Expert in monsters though he was, he was clearly less concerned with the present threat to humanity than with proper nomenclature.

>And what the hell was that "TG" patch he'd had sewn onto his fatigues?

>not "a Dracula", "a Hitler", or "a Medusa"

It must be nice not having to deal with fun in your life. You probably get a lot of important things done every day.

You know, I really think it's a lot more fun to have a military task-force assembled to hunt a 10-15 pound monotreme through the sewers of the Windy City.

That might just be me, though.

I don't know man, still seems like a good villain

look at those spike man, brutal as fuck

>Echidna uses her S+ tier magic to control the weather
>human civilisation comes crashing down

Do you really think a bunch of welfare monkeys stand a chance against a mythical being, even if it's the weaksauce sexy KC version of it?

>Implying grammar doesnt matter when communicating in a text based medium.

Im on this guy's team

also its pretty fuckin' spiky

I wish people like this would stop pretending like they are competent. If they were competent they wouldn't be there in the first place.

>Long-beaked unterechidnae
>Not short-beaked master race

The real question being, what is a small monotreme doing in the sewers of Chicago when they are only native to Australia?

whos the welfare monkeies the African-Americans or US soldiers
one grows up in an urban warrior society in a constant fight for survival.
the other has access to some serious firepower.

I've seen Medusa get used as a species name too often for my autism to handle

I know that feeling well.
What bugs me more is you often can't use Gorgon because that gets used for strange cow creatures.

Shub-Niggurath? She wasn't an Australian monotreme.

And said cow creatures rightly ought to be called catoblepas.

Fucking D&D.

I'm disappointed this isn't a Worm thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=oir5N8mqXaE
youtube.com/watch?v=1sJHzE2I9Og

That was actually rather creepy. Even if I only caught one word out of ten along the way.

Also a good lesson on why you should have the correct facts and not just assumed knowledge.

(OP)
>Green team is down, I repeat: Green team is down.

"Yeah, sure. Laugh it up. The proper names for what you are fighting fucking matters. Knowing the difference between a demon and a daemon can save your life and the lives of everyone around you. The alternative is calling in a fucking airstrike on a Gazebo."

Why do we care?

Because if left alone it breeds more monsters right beneath a population center that kidnap and often eat people?

Just how dumb are you?

Monstergirls don't eat people.
Also I am far too busy mastering magic which apparently exists now to care about a few guys being sexxed.
If we need more guys we can just make them with magic

Maybe because that's your fucking job? Maybe because you're not some fucking sociopath without feelings? Maybe because we decided not to play a campaign where you are fucking materalistic murderhobos Marc?

God damn it, I hate players who act like that. Somebod please post an angry image for me since I'm on a phone.

I don't really see the need to get up in arms about some guys who became live in husbands.

Humans are not magical creatures. You can't learn magic anymore than you can fly with those wings you don't fucking have.

You mean people kidnapped by monsters who are at best breeding slaves and at worst killed and eaten?
You think that sounds like a good deal, you go ahead and get yourself nabbed. But don't say I didn't warn you.

Who the fuck says 'a Dracula' vs 'a Vampire' except like 8-year-olds?

Sir I suggest we tell the local crackheads there is a stash of crack in the sewers and who ever finds the snake lady tell them shes a drug mule.

>Humans are not magical creatures.
lern2occultism, newb

So let me get this straight. You want to go to war, without magic, on creatures that do have magic, who's worst desire is to fuck a guy.

This sounds like a terrible idea on all fronts in a situation that could easily be profitable to all sides with even the slightest bit of diplomacy.

We do the Picard approach.

While attempting diplomacy we have a shadow team rigging the whole place with C4. If diplomacy fails we retreat and collapse the whole thing.

It's rare I see Gorgon used to describe the bulls

All these morons who can't into tiered naming systems. An echidna class monster is a giant monster which spews out more monsters, named so for the titan which birthed many monsters.

Ooooh spooky self help, "imma hacking my brain meats" "magic".

As to OP, why are we briefing all these fresh recruits and noobs about something that should be taken care of by a seasoned strike team?

Fuck that, diplomacy first followed by capture and forced integration of later generations.
I am not having you blow our chance to have magical population. That shit is top tier vital.

Magic is too dangerous for us to control! As soon as word gets out that a portion of our population is magical and uncontrolled the world will erupt into chaos. A magical arms race where people dig and dive deeper then we were meant to.

Until finally the gateway would open and the elder god Korviliath of the eighteenth hell dimension would be unleashed onto the galaxy. Then countdown to universal annihilation would begin!

All because you wanted to fuck a magical girl under the guise of "magic is important!". Think with your brain and not your dick, Jenkins!

>Hey, let's not tap spectacular cosmic forces because something scary might happen
Abject cowardice and luddism.

Obviously it grew too big for its owner to take care of it.

I will not be questioned on the ethics of a mission of this caliber. Seeing as I have no control over the ending goal. Which is the extermination, neutralization or termination of the target(s).

I want this thirsty soldier out of my briefing room! Station him somewhere cold for the rest of his tour!

This mission is in direct conflict with the benefit of our people as a whole.
I will not have your cowardice prevent us from becoming arcane gods.

>All these morons who can't into tiered naming systems.
I've literally never seen Echidna used as a naming tier before this thread.
So just suck it up and admit you fucked up already.

I have to wonder why any setting that features an invasion of "monster girls" wouldn't immediately result in either human civilization collapsing under the weight of an unending force of extremely powerful mages, or every single monster being rounded up and shot.

I also have to wonder why a board filled with people who are ostensibly tabletop gamers is also filled with people so desperate for attention that they'll attempt to freeform roleplay on it.

>Thinking guns, grenades and body-armour will help you

This is the sort of shit that Heroes and Adventurers deal with, not soldiers. Go find some Sun Fist Adepts, Kayfabe Masters, or even fucking Stand Users, and throw them at the problem. Don't blunder headlong into Operation Redshirt and get your whole battalion killed, just because you wanted to be a big man and kill some monsters with your surrogate penis.

>Why do people who regularly roleplay, freeform or not, roleplay?
I mean, I don't like it, but it isan obvious natural development of the hobby.

Can you please post or link to the complete tier list or set of naming conventions? This sort of thing is super interesting to me as a chemist.

Shadowrun has taught me that experienced people with guns and armor are better than experienced people with fists and nothing.

So you're going to wipe out a unique individual who's intelligence should afford it rights and seal off humanities chance of studying genuine magic all because you read some Veeky Forums Lovecraft memes and mistook it for reality?
Do you also have a bomb shelter your back yard for when the robot uprising totes happens?

>Its a military scenario
>militaries almost unnatural love for naming things in weird and awesome ways.
>references a singular monster from myth
>Couldnt pull two neurons together and figure out what's implied by calling it an Echidna under the city.

there isn't one. I just understood from context and having watched and read too much military shows and history and shit that the officer was briefing the assembled men on a monster type and its strength located under the city.

Yes, you *should* kill "unique individuals" who have decided to condemn themselves to a life of lurking in the sewers, kidnapping people exclusively to violently rape thing, and violently resisting any attempts at arrest. The fact that there's even a debate as to the "ethics" of killing violent monsters is why monster-girl settings are usually complete shit.

>I also have to wonder why a board filled with people who are ostensibly tabletop gamers is also filled with people so desperate for attention that they'll attempt to freeform roleplay on it.
We've been doing this since 2007, or as you know it, "six years before you started browsing the board".

How are you posting to Veeky Forums in 2016 from 2013?

Silly user, you can't rape men.
Also, most people would be against violent military crackdowns on their local homeless population, even without the potential infinite profit from magical research.

And Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has taught me that the world is full of shit that will just no-sell your bullets and then kill you.

That's when being able to blast sun energy from your fists or break causality with your invisible punch-ghost is way more useful.

Stay in school kid

Except those aren't more commonly used as the name for a real-life species.
I thought this was a funposting thread about hunting a small mammal through the sewers of a modern-day city until I read this debate that sparked from it.

If there was a hobo living in the sewers who just so happened to be an active serial rapist, you can damn well bet that the police would be all over him. The fact that, in this awful hypothetical situation, there's a military task force designed specifically for these kinds of situations implies that monsters have done more than enough to deserve this level of violence.

I solve this problem by calling medusa a gorgon, calling the bull things catoblepas, and letting players figure it out.

Serves you right for reading the monster manual trying to get an advantage. Guess you did need to talk to the old one armed man at the bar, huh Celeste.

Guess you shouldn't have come to the game...stoned.

>he can't time-post

Haha everyone look at this flarefag and laugh

I think it more implies some hfyfag wanted to talk about killing monstergirls without considering consequences or motivations or practicality.

And yes, the police will deal with them if they get real violent. Just like normal homeless folks.

Obviously the police are not equipped to deal with the threat of violent echidnas, considering how the entire crux of the OP was that a special military force is being assigned to hunt it. Monotremes are very serious threats, and your rampant apologism makes me think you're not fighting for the right side.

Maybe he's one of them. Or like, several stacked on top of each other wearing a trench coat.

But Worm is trash and its fanbase even worse

Im fighting for the "hey, let's stop thinking with our (gun)penises and xcom this shit" side.
Because if they are able to repel police, they require significant study and utilization if not outright integration.
The medical and scientific implications of a creature capable of birthing so many species alone are so wide sweeping and important that they could occupy their respective fields for years.

Tiered naming systems were scrapped two years ago. All monsters are now classified by behavior and diet.

a man-eating slut?

Not gonna be very specific. They gotta go back to the old names in monster girl-land.

>a Hitler
>We've got a bunch of Hitlers on the loose
I want to be in your playgroup man

Plus their dicks split into 4, so there's that

Cultist detected.

How does that work for creatures that don't eat?

The military can't be deployed to fight violent echidnas, no matter how many are stacked under a trench coat, it'd be a constitutional violation. This is very clearly an operation being handled by civilian law enforcement.

>Wizard chanting intensifies

Highly aggressive, nesting, high fecundity, offspring have random traits.

Lack of diet is a valid response.

>Kayfabe Masters

What, like El Santo?

>I have to wonder why any setting that features an invasion of "monster girls" wouldn't immediately result in either human civilization collapsing under the weight of an unending force of extremely powerful mages, or every single monster being rounded up and shot.
> an unending force of extremely powerful mages

Why the fuck would that happen? "Some creatures are magical in nature, therefore humans can easily learn to use magic to become all powerful gods" doesn't follow at all.

Here, let me show you. There are an uncountable number of different species of life on earth that can breath underwater.

Stick your head in this bucket, fill your lungs with water, and not die.

I'll wait.

Oh, that would kill you? How weird that you can't do something just because a completely different creature can. But its more absurd than that, because you want to say that you can breath under water AND fly like a bird AND eat dirt like a worm AND survive radiation like a bug AND have a sense of smell like a bloodhound AND...

We don't have a species we can breed with that can breathe water, user.

Do you not know that breeding with monstergirls only results in more monstergirls? Its literally how they increase their numbers.

Humanity doesn't benefit from the deal.

Did you guys hear what happened to Louisiana? The whole place turned into a demonic realm practically overnight. Guess having a bunch of corpses in the swamps and voodoo tends to be a bad mix.

With judicious population controls, both sides could secure a win/win in the form of a stronger society and mutually prevented extinction.

And this isn't even getting into the good fuckery, like what happens if you use a retrovirus to make a normal monstergirl embryo male.

>The whole place turned into a demonic realm
You mean it wasn't already?

Please no. I don't want to be in the demon realm.

Your gonna git cuddled

>who can be behind this post...?

Troy Barnes, of course.

youtu.be/z_AViiBbkBw

FBI agent here. I was recently involved in raid on a succubi sabbath that was pouring prisoner fruit juice into the Las Vegas water supply. I hate this, I hate all of this, I wish we had the towelheads back. At least if they did pour something into the water supply, it wouldn't create more succubi. I'm going to drink myself to sleep since I can't even trust the fucking water supply.

HERE I COME

Wait, are you saying that stuff is still in the water? Shit, I got friends in the area.

Am I supposed to shoot them if one of them turned demon is showing up at my door?

It should be for a week at least, all i can suggest to your friends is to not drink anything that didn't come out of a bottle. Hell, if the liquid looks suspicious, don't even touch it. Generally speaking, if they just turned you won't need to shoot them if you can get them to the hospital on time, otherwise yes. Also espically watch any of your friends from the LGBTQ community, their always the ones to change first or 'alp'.

?

We might not have magic naturally, but if it exists, we can harness it. We also can't fly naturally, but airplanes still exist.

Professional wrestlers vs monstergirls? I'm ready.

>use crystal ball to see into the future
>write a script to make your posts in the future
>????
>profit
I'll be posting long after my death.

I've had worse.

Thanks man, anything else I need to keep in mind. Silver Bullets, burning the corpse in holy fire, hazzmat suit? Can I drive them to the hospital like normal or would they try to infect me and that stuff?

I'd rather not have a repeat of that whole harpy mess we had last year.

Don't underestimate the destructive power of a mature Gazebo.

Sir? Why isn't the SCP goosesteppers handling this chickenshit op?