/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Third-Legion Edition: Electric Boogaloo

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

In the spirit of the Third Legion and Imperial excellence, what was your Legion's greatest achievement during the Great Crusade? I'd love to hear tabletop victories too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oY2nVQNlUB8
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Greatest Achievement in the Great Crusade
We built glorious cities dedicated to the Emperor, and every civilization we conquered, we helped rebuild in the Emperor's name! They all loved us and the Emperor dearly.

But then the Emperor got mad for some reason.

We don't love him anymore.

You Word Bearers are cool people.

Don't go to Monarchia tomorrow.

>I'd love to hear tabletop victories too
Remember anons, "the warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."
t. Guilliman

>Legion's greatest achievement during the Great Crusade?
We managed to conquer Terra, despite most sources saying only DAngels existed at the time.

So, are non-IF vets any good?

I'd consider Weaponmasters but they don't look so hot for the AL, not to mention Coils forces them to ride a lame Rhino DT, thus forbidding them from using a Dreadclaw

Marksmen sounds ok until you realize rending bolters are still bolters and the plasma guns they can buy do most of the job, not to mention your dudes can already Outflank due to Scout and Infiltrate being the only Mutable Tactics worth the trouble

Then there's Machine killers, which can go nicely with Tank hunters, combi-meltas and Dynat. Problem is Dynat himself doesn't go too well with Coils, and using Tank Hunters as your Mutable would mean most of your army essentially becomes LA-less and transportation would still be an issue as Scout, Infiltrate and Outflank would now be unavailable.

Skorr + Mutable tactics + Veteran tactics sounded like a good flexible combo, but most of the possible combinations are lame. Any ideas?

Reposting for new bread
Fantastic squad! How did you do the gold bits?

(And is the red the usual silver + clear red?)

Reposting

What are you guys working on?

Speaking of T-Sons, what do you think of these brand new bases?

Too weird to have every single surface/base of the army covered in hieroglyphs?

We won every single battle and got fuck-all credit because we're not the goddamn pretty mutants (half of whom fucking rebelled, and 10% of whom somehow did something even worse than that).

Motherfuckers.

I found a bunch of Rhinos and a Vindicator that I'd left at my mum's before graduate year, so I'm stripping them down and priming them up hopefully.

Just finished building my Spartan, on the desk there are 10 Death Shroud to finish and 20 Mk III marines waiting to be primed and painted

I'd repost my victory over the Tau Alliance, but I don't have the screencap for some reason.
Do any of you have it?

more info plz

I just started my work on veterans/Havocs for my Bitter Boys, but I now realise that having them in plain mk3 is a tad weird, since they're meant to be veterans and shit. But, they're IW so it's not like they're meant to be pimpy.

The drilling and magnetising of all those wrists will be a bitch I reckon. This way I can swap between "standard marine pose weapons" whenever I feel like it.

I need to get my hands on Khalybrax autocannons as well

Just getting near halfway through Master of Mankind, I have mixed feelings about ADB's idea that the Emperor is detachedly manipulative and inhuman toward his Primarchs.

On one level it's good in the sense that it gives traitor legionaries validity in their bitterness; giving rise to the question of what happens to the Emperor's toys when he's done with them. Another level it's good in that it matches up with the Omnissiah's robotic inhumanity.

Though I liked the portrayal of E as this slightly compassionate father who despite his inhuman coldness still has that slither of love for his gene-children. Thinking about it I kinda like the idea this personification/humanization of the Emperor is in fact the projection of lesser beings trying to justify their allegiance to him, for their own sake.

The Pinocchio analogy used by the Emperor was particularly grim. FUCK YOU GRANDADDY, PRIMORDIAL TRUTH FOREVER

Can't go into details without spoiling stuff with you only being halfway through, but the impression I got was that Emps is detachedly manipulative and inhuman towards EVERYONE.

Who was best first captain and why was it Sigismund?

I mean, the book is good by itself. It's written well, it's entertaining.

It's the implications of the story I don't like, which is becoming a recurring theme with ADB. I like how he writes but not what he writes.

I preferred Empy to be caring of Mankind and the Primarchs but, you know, being a 38k years old divine like being makes it a wee bit hard to relate and understand humans and actual emotions after all this time. So he fucks up, and doesn't micro manage his sons 24/7. Shit happens. It's tragic but shit happens.

Here, we have a big ass fuck you thrown into our face about how Chaos has won already and how He did almost everything wrong,while being a turbo autist atheist that is closer to a calculating AI than a person.

I guess the fact that I always was a loyalist and Imperium fag at heart doesn't help, but I definitely prefer the old canon ("WE ARE AGONIZINGLY ALONE") to this new one, even though some bits are interesting, like all the fluff about the Custodes and SoS.

>The man, the myth, the legend

All I can see now whenever I hear this phrae is this poor sod's face.

youtube.com/watch?v=oY2nVQNlUB8

Death Guard from last thread, going for a different from standard washed out green, kind infectious green you find on those gross flies.

Where is that bareheaded dude from? I fail to recognize him, which angers me greatly.

What's the full list anyway? Can't remember all of them.

>DA
?
>EC
Eidolon
>IW
Forrix
>WS
Qin Xa?
>SW
?
>IF
Siggy Diggy
>NL
Sevvy Devvy
>BA
Raldoran
>IH
?
>WE
? (Nobody cared about him anyway, least of all Angron.)
>UM
Marius Gage
>DG
Typhon
>TS
Didn't really use the rank? So kinda Ahriman.
>SOH
Abaddon
>S
?
>RG
Didn't use normal company structure after Isstvan, so didn't have a 1st company.
>AL
Alpharius.

FW Day Praevion model for Nârik Dreygur

Years ago, at the start of 5th edition, my shop had a fairly large crew, but only 3 SM players of some stripe (myself/UM, shop owner/DH-GKs, scumbag/BA), my bro who played IG, 2 D/Eldar players, and 7 Tau players we dubbed "The Tau Alliance" because they were all chummy with each other, including this rich fucker I despised.
Ever see a Manta with your own eyes, user? I have. The Tau Alliance had several, one scratchbuilt, iirc.
Anyway, we would play Apoc games, all of the Tau Alliance versus the rest of us chumps, and I'd always throw my 4/5k (at the time) of UMs and my buddy would toss in his entire Guard against them in absolutely brutal apoc games against their 29k of Tau.
We always lost, badly, but the storytime I speak of was our one great victory where we (with the aid of the store owner) literally destroyed the Tau Alliance, on the table and irl, forever.

Converting some Destroyers into a squad of assault marines and a Vigilator. 9 down, 4 more to go.

There we go.
I almost miss the bastards, I would like to go full WAAC on the rich fucker

>the Tau Alliance

Add that to the list of "names to run away from really fast"...

So the only legions with access to assault cannons are the Imperial Fists and Blood Angels?

Whoa boy, you really fortified that position!

>an entire company's worth of marines died or were mulched into requiring mega-bionics to secure this victory

Yes.

Apparently there's a weird loophole that it applies to ALL the Blood Angels heavy flamers, not just terminators. For some reason.

the salamander first captain is artellus numeon

WE would be Kharn. He was captain of the 8th company, but was the most senior officer because all the others were killed by Angron after picking him up from De'Shea.

>marksman is ok

Remember sniper makes you always wound on at least a 4+ and that's on top of AP2 on a 6. They're quite good.

They also get outflank natively with sniper so you don't have to pick it with your mutable tactic

You'll want to get them a rhino generally anyway, they're too expensive to footslog and outflanking with a rhino gets you an extra 6" of range

>Didn't really use the rank? So kinda Ahriman.
Well he was the Chief Librarian, so in a Legion of psykers he might as well have been the first captain.

>Alpharius
Apparently the canon first captain was named Ingo Pech. But the command structure of the Alpha Legion was fluid as hell, so there were times he was subordinate to another person. Depending on who was deemed the "Harrowmaster" for the mission.

What's the best way to field a Davinite Priest in 30k? A force commander in a militia list maybe?

>Apparently there's a weird loophole that it applies to ALL the Blood Angels heavy flamers, not just terminators. For some reason.
It's an experiment, user.

Rules question about Recon Company. Do I need 3 squads of recons or just 1? It's a little unclear because they specifically say that the extra compulsory must be a recon.

What is your armor recipe user? I like it

The other legions have acess to them on dreads and some other vechicles, but BA and IF are the only ones to put them on terminators.
However you can field predators with 4 ass cannons which is fun

Finished my Contemptor and made a nice collage for a contest at my LGS.

Very, very nice user!

>However you can field predators with 4 ass cannons which is fun
That's a lot of ass

BA devastator squads can field 10 ass cannons but ok

Lovely work.

>take blood angels legion stormlord
>add two pairs of (i.e. 4) sponsons with TL heavy bolters & lascannon
>swap heavy bolters for heavy flamers, then heavy flamers for assault cannons
>add pintle heavy flamer, swap that for assault cannon as well
>in total, vulcan mega-bolter plus five assault cannons fire 50 shots when stationary (plus some lascannons and heavy bolters)
>put 20 heavy support marines with assault cannons to shoot out of troop bay
>total shots per turn: 143
Sufficient dakka?

And if anyone's wondering, it would cost you 1240 points to do this madness (including a legion crew and armoured ceremite for the stormlord).

Pls link rules, have no idea what he does.

Some Hammernators, but fuckin FW sure is taking their time with those transfers...

I'm doing a diorama out of these 2. Ahriman on top of a small mound of dead T Sons and sprue rubble. With not-Bjorn racing up wanting to shank him.

I trimmed down the SWs ridiculous hair. Also Ahrimans mask was way too thick with paint hence why it's been scraped down to grey plastic.

RAW only one recon squad. However, somebody asked Bligh about it on the last open day and appearantly the intention is that you require 3 units. But untill it's oficially FAQ'd you should be fine with just one.

>captcha is select pics with tea
>two different pics with cups standing in an esspresso machine had to be selected to pass
>fucking REEEEEEEEEEEE

It does seem a bit odd that a recon "company" means 5 recon marines stuck on the side of a normal army, in most cases.

Should I be prepared for 3 just in case?

Also, how should I model recon armor? No shoulder pads?

scouts?

I already have the HH boxes. I didn't want to buy more.

>RG
It was and still is Strike Captain Maun. Master of Decent, Nightfall One.

>still noone has noticed that I accidentally forgot the word bearers
"Apparently the custodes killed several dozen word bearers and a blind girl."
"Why the blind girl?"
"See? Nobody cares about the word bearers."
t. Thiel.

RAW is that you need three. Dont listen to the other guy. Tactical marines, assault, and breachers are NOT COMPULSORY THEMSELVES. only their slot is. Thus when Recons are made complusory, they are explicitly required.

That's because nobody wants to talk about Kor failure and Smugebus.

word bearers are shit, news at eleven

Same
Wasn't Luther the Lion's second in command? When betrayals happen the second in command can fuck the main legion big time.
Also, Arkhas Fal or whatever he's called was the former RG legionmaster, got demoted to chapter master of the Pale Nomads, sent on Predation Fleet mode to the V O I D.

>Master of Decent
Sounds like an agreeable fellow.

>Master of Decent,
Could this be the nicest legionary to adorn pauldrons?

>Master of Decent
N-no homo.

Hrm.

What if I ally a recon company with the primary as a Terror Assault?

Descent whoops. Phoneposting. Not even once.

>Its not like I want to Fatal Strike you b-baka!

Why? Whats your goal?

"Welcome to the O U T E R D A R K."

He seems like a Descent guy
>Carlos.exe

He wants the extra going first stuff while only paying a single recon "company"

I did notice!
Then i forgot to write about that un my own comment

>Giving a crap about objectively the worst legion
For what purpose?

Ahh ok. I mean If you take curze its a guaranteed +3 to cover turn one for whatever infiltrates or scouts.

Painted about 30 guys during the holiday. Here is a few of them.

Machine Destroyers Combi-meltas with Dynat sound damn killy, especially when combined with a way to get close like Scout/Infiltrate/Outflank. Str9 AP0 melta woooooo!

Skorr can use vet troops with his RoW, but he himself has no real combos with them other than Infiltrate+Scouting some Machine Destroyers

NL get a 5+ cover T1 anyway without NF, and terror assault gets NF on a 2+

>That guy at the back
>Hey guys! Did anyone lose a thunderhammer?

>Tfw you can't see shit do you strap a Superheavy lamp on your shoulder.
I'll be the light of my legion!

transfers on the rest of my marines

Is there a pdf scan of the Crusade Imperialis book? The epub version is horrible to read.

>mixing missile launcher types
aaaaaaaaaaa

The outdated redbook?

It's not outdated numbnuts.

This PDF is outdated? I don't believe you

Oh shit, is it outdated? Where can I find the most up to date version?

Nice and crisp. Top work.

Thats the one that has knights right? Its outdated.

meh I had spare missile launchers from old tactical boxes I had lying around.

I dont really care all that much because ultramarines used more streamlined equipment anyways

>Points out the PDF user is looking for, gatting double dubs in the process.
>Doesn't get (You)'s. Nobody does anymore.
Why even live?

Just double checked, the pdf in the top is the new one. Has the new knights and top mounts. Thank the emperor for digital updates.

thanks user

Could just paint some parts of their armour black or camo, depending on the legion they're gonna be part of.

But preparing for needing 3 units seems the safe bet.

They're Night Lords, so they're already pretty dark.

I'm still undecided, but I like the idea of terror squads with the Recon Company and a Vigilator raptor squad.

Probably ahriman. Being a psyker seems to simply scale your power-levels to ridiculous no matter what your rank.

Liked them on the Slack, liked them here.

What's a good color for highlighting copper or brass?

Shit I'm blind.

a ya ya yaiiiiiiiiiiii
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

Space Wolves and Thousand Sons psykers could humble their equivalents, as they are more or less the only ones who specifically applied themselves to war.

But Ahriman? Pre-heresy he was a precognitive monster, not someone who'd turn others into a crater and not his post-heresy "I explode planets by accident when I warp-fart"

A lighter brass if its dark, auric gold if its medium, rune fang if its light