How do you describe creatures that have supernatural beauty?

How do you describe creatures that have supernatural beauty?
Are they actually 2pretty 4you or is it just a magical mind-bending effect?

You have opened the floodgates.

Reap what you have sown.

>making a thread about female beauty on Veeky Forums during winter break
I'm seriously glad you guys did that.

Describe them as something odd and then say that they are still enticing as fuck. Like all traditional angels are supposed to be beautiful, but one of them as a goddamned winged collection of rings with eyes on them.

what does the winter break have to do with it?

The supernatural part seems to imply mind-bending effect.
But I guess some fae could just have very exotic traits and a ton of grace, kinda how big cats are mesmerizing without using human beauty standards.

You'll get more posters like
That is about the only difference.

It's like summer, but with snow and testicle-shriveling cold.

> Yer Mum

I think if the artist wanted to make this point they needed a less stylistic way of drawing faces. That lady's face could be interpreted into any number of races. Also they should have used color? Without the character actually describing her in words she could have been green skinned with blue hair or something.

Also race in terms of physical features is kinda bullshit to begin with because if you look around enough you can find humans with any combination of traditionally race-coded features.

Plus she has pointy ears, that's something.

Beauty is subjective

Jeph Jaques is an SJW pandering hack.

Do the human races even apply to fairies?

I don't describe it.

I use game mechanics to enforce it.

Roll a d6! Oh there you go looking at the Queen of Elves again!

It works especially well since I typically run narrative-heavy games with little DM rule enforcing.

It's a nice reminder to the players that their PC's are organic entities within the game that have their own subconscious wills and wants that are completely separate from what the players want.

Once you've been on Veeky Forums for a while, you'll know to just take it easy and leave your cruise control on from December 15 through the first week of January, because all the kids who are stuck at home with their families are shitposting around the clock.

Oh. I thought we were going to shitpost about how much of a hack Jacques is.

Now I've got nothing to do.

It got posted while I was looking for a suitable image.

Otherwordly beauty MUST be a magical effect, because she CANT be more beautiful than what we humans can conceive (the beauty ideal of the culture in question). If her "beauty" is BEYOND human understanding we would not find her attractive!

Supernatural beauty is when larvae-queen injects her neural trans-agonist molecules directly into your sensory organs via thin biotubes. You cannot help but to gaze into its beauty, because that's how humans perceive such emotion.

Then again, you cannot gaze anything with eye-balls full of needles, but the illusion is pretty convincing.

I always took it as a sort of bewitching effect. They're pretty, but they have something about them that (un)naturally draws the eye.

Y'know, like those shitty photoshopped pictures of chicks in HDR with their eyes cranked up in contrast. No pic related because I find those images incredibly threatening and they trigger rage in me

It means they're 2D beautiful

Otherworldly implies that her beauty is simply superior to human beauty on a material level.

Imagine say a human that would always eat a perfectly balanced nutritious dinner, never had acne, has perfect skin, perfect thin waist but with some good big tits and ass, doesn't have any hair in weird places, etc. etc. etc.

Otherworldly does not imply magic. It just implies superiority to any other human beauty.

But that's wrong. Moot himself even said in various QA sessions that post rates don't climb significantly during summer or other breaks from school.

It makes even less sense these days since everyone over 8 has phones now and can easily shitpost from class just like we used to text (or pass notes, for the real oldfags) under the cover of our knapsacks.

The real explanation of course is that if you haven't got shit to do all day, you start to notice just how many posts on Veeky Forums are useless shitposts that do nothing to advance the discussion and aren't funny.

doesnt "otherwordly" imply that it is not of this world?
thus ALIEN!?

The belief that it's better to be thin than fat is a social construct. I'm as attractive and healthy as that bimbo twig WHORE and society just doesn't see it because the patriarchy.
By being thin, you are complicit in systemic oppression, and all your accomplishments in life are invalid because you have benefitted from thin privilege.
By telling me it's possible to lose weight, you are blaming the victim, and that makes you a rape apologist.

Found the fiendslayer.

>I find those images incredibly threatening and they trigger rage in me
That's some top animal instinct bro.
When this turns into a horror movie I want to be on your team.

Eat another donut, Lard Lady.

>Not wanting to fuck Ophanim
What are you? Gay?

i went to Search Engine it but srsly how is this anything but threatening crazy eyes

and this isn't even one of the examples I was thinking of, this is just the top bing result for "hdr woman eyes"

it preys on some things people just can't look away from (high contrast, prominent facial features) but idk man I just think it looks like there's some bad intent behind it

I think you might just be a closet faggot.

>closet
nice try nerd

Reminder that something being beautiful doesn't mean you necessarily want to fuck it.

I always felt Miime from the recent captain Harlock movie fit into this category. She's eerily svelte and graceful and even in a movie where the CG characters are supermodels, they did a great job of giving her subtly alien features.

Those features ain't subtle.

White people are more beautiful, though.

You don't see whites trying to dye themselves to look black or asian, or surgically modifying their eye shape for the same reason.

>subtle
>huge ass eyes
>huge ass forehead
>no pupils

TOO SUBTLE FOR YOU

Fug, you reminded of THAT manga.

>Moot himself even said in various QA sessions that post rates don't climb significantly during summer or other breaks from school.
While the post rates themselves don't change much, graphs culled from the offsite archives show that the amount of sages and newly-created threads spike during the summer and winter vacation seasons.

every exalted game i've ever run/played there's always been one prick who maxes out appearance then takes the "add 1 appearance extra even if you go over the absolute limit of 5 by doing so"

so in a world of 1's to 5's, there's always one 6.

so i've seen a lot of ways players describe that! some use "the prettiest ever, bar none" with their own preferences shown, others use "as pretty as they come, plus something supernatural about them" and others imply that the extra dot is essentially a use of magic to twist how they look more toward what the viewer likes subtly. Since Realm beauty standards are different from southern barbarian beauty standards.

you ever consider that might be because everyone's suddenly a lot more fucking judgmental thanks to the "fucking summer/winter" attitude? despite it rooted in nothing?

That has nothing to do with beauty and more with trying to look successful. And right now, the vast majority of millionaires/billionaires are white.

The things you consider beautiful all go back to whatever people of the sex you're attracted to you saw around you as a child that weren't family.

So white people that lived their youth in Africa will find black people attractive, asian people that lived their youth in North America would find white people attractive, etc.

Nymph
Aura: blinding beauty (Su)
This ability affects all humanoids within 30 feet of a nymph. Those who look directly at a nymph must succeed on a DC 21 Fortitude save or be blinded permanently. A nymph can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Unearthly Grace (Su)
A nymph adds her Charisma modifier as a racial bonus on all her saving throws, and as a deflection bonus to her Armor Class.

Cha 25

The only creature which really has that kind of thing. In all cases it seems to be a general beauty stemming from being in good physical shape, not too fat but also not too skinny, with a bit of muscle. They also bear forms that are the same as ours often with exotic elements, as is often the case in these fetish monsters from ancient history. Many are also deeply charismatic, having almost supernatural levels of self confidence. This is bolstered in some of the female fey by a supernatural mind affecting aura of beauty or euphoria.

What's funny about these things is that their effects of beauty and such also work on more monstrous creatures such gnolls, goblinoids, and kobolds (they are all humanoid type). To an orc a nymph is just as beautiful as it is to a human, and he goes blind from beauty overload just like the human.

Another trap many get into is thinking that these races are all white women. Its an unfortunate thing due in part to the game being played by a bunch of white boys (literally young men). Unfortunately for them, fey women of supernatural beauty span literally every human culture ever conceived. The nymphs of your worlds Africa analog are probably supernaturally beautiful dark skinned women with pointy ears. The same is true of notAsia, and other such places across the world.

True form

When 'supernatural beauty' is involved, it's either a mind-altering effect, or an indicator that the form is beautiful but inhuman in some way.
Sort of in the way one might consider a brightly-colored bird or sunset beautiful: Probably not something most people want to have sex with, but at least pleasing to the eyes.
Isn't exactly subtle, but the intent is obvious- pleasing to the eye but different enough from human to be notable.
It exploits the Uncanny Valley to produce confusion, curiosity, and, given Veeky Forums, appeals to at least one person's fetishes.

He didn't mean subtle as in, "Hard to notice." mongoloid.

Looks like there's a Space Baby in there.

That's awright.

So hot a gay footfag would get a boner from her face.

>posting anything by Jeff "Stabhand" Jacks

>That's awright.

Thanks for making me feel old buddy.

This is satire, making fun of fantasy tropes, friend. It's from a webcomic that's occasionally humorous, but often dull.

>trusting moot

>Are they actually 2pretty 4you or is it just a magical mind-bending effect?
Depends. If they are something inherently magical or psychic like say fey or space elves it is likely magical or psychic in nature. If they are just some race or whatever known for their appearance it could just be inherent physical appearance. Granted otherworldly beauty should look otherworldly, perhaps eeking into uncanny valley, features too sharp, skin too flawless, faces too symmetrical, etc.

One way of getting across "otherworldly" beauty, which can risk sounding overly pretentious, is to describe things in a way that doesn't fully fit, eyes the colour of time, a voice like the midnight sun etc.

This.

Otherworldly can just as easily mean beauty that is extremely rare, and/or is unsullied by (small) negatives.

Girl with a perfect face, a tiny mole just below the left corner of her mouth, with some decent-sized torpedo tits, a tiny-as-fuck waist, a tight round ass and child-bearing hips, strong legs, etc.

Normally, you'll be happy if you see a girl with one, two or three perfect elements. Now imagine a girl that is perfect in ALL her bodyparts.

That's otherworldly beauty.

I'll make your mother feel old when I fuck the life from her, pounding her pudendum pseudo-patriarchially, before blasting her blown-out baby factory with billions of business-suited bioforms. I guarantee it.

Might it be possible that there are some traits that ping as beautiful but do not occur in humans, and it is noticeable that they are not human but somehow are still beautiful.

Also don't forget, historically, that when explorers found new people groups it is very possible for one to e enamoured with what they saw even if they deviated from what was "normal" back home, I could definitely see some dude from 16th century sending a letter home stating that the local women are superior to the women back in Europe.

It was actually very common for explorers in the 16th century to consider the natives of the Americas to be much more beautiful than the people back in Europe - not much of a surprise with modern science, seeing how not living in filth and disease and eating good quality food can improve your health and therefore also your physique, length and looks.

It didn't take long for the native inhabitants of the Americas to be riddled with starvation, manlet-ism and sickness much like Europe.

You know what /h/ did this Christmas?
They colored that other manga.

muh shubniggurath

>no pupils
But she does have pupils, you can see them in that picture.

I usually try to do the "pretty" one, with impossibly good standards.
Frankly, I'd want to make some Old Testament angel standards of otherwordly beauty, but it's hard to put into words.

The best way I'd think about it is if you considered beauty as a point-buy system.
Ugly girls rolled low, and got very few points; they might have one or two good elements, but likely not.
Average girls are just that; they're average. They could be pretty good all around, or otherwise have some good elements.
Beautiful girls got so many points they didn't even need to take any flaws to have gorgeous elements.
Otherworldly would be if she had no points limit, and could take choices multiple times.

Damn, I love Veeky Forums.

Turians think asari have beautiful head crests.
Salarians love the asari's wide eyes and pleasing skintone
Quarians lust for the asari's perfect skin and covet contact they'll never receive
Krogans love asari noses, their beautiful teeth, their shapely frames
Humans live the asari's perfect figure and their ample breasts
Drell, hanar, volus, batarians, elcor...they all have their own perspectives too

In truth asari might not really have any of these features, but to the beholder, anything they do have is exaggerrated.

High contrast eyes are used in certain regards to show a supernatural/unearthly monster in human guise, so that might be your trigger.

This doesn't explain why I've got serious yellow fever, but grew up in a place where there's hardly any Asian people. Like 1% of the population here is Asian.

>So white people that lived their youth in Africa will find black people attractive

Dunno about that. Most white Africans seem to find blacks repulsive.

That means you are an anti-inbreeding free agent, meant to travel, explore, or be kidnapped.

Too hard to do. Too otherworldy, and it won't be beautiful. Too mundane, and it isn't otherworldly. And it is, of course, subjective.

It's fucking psionic mind control man. They're all super ugly.

Fascinating pic.

Due to the standards of Afrikaaners being influenced by the Europeans they think they are.

What tends to draw the eye is novelty and the standards of beauty of the current society. Africans aren't exotic to Afrikaaners, since the bloody live in Africa.

For example, the thicc thing comes from black standards of beauty (big butts, wide hips, larger women) being exotic to Americans and pushed as a standard of beauty by the Kardashian brood, who worked under the preexisting standards of beauty (light, creamy skin, high cheekbones, pouty lips, hourglass figure, long straight hair, pumps and tight dresses, et.al.)

Fun fact: this is a reason why Western elves are lithe and vaguely Asian (supermodel/Yellow Fever) and Japanese elves are voluptuous and blonde (gravure models/American or German girls).

Tanning? Tribal or Kanji tattoos? Hair and fashion choices explicitly lifted from other cultures, even if they take absurdly expensive materials or painful and permanently damaging chemical treatments?

White people try to look like other races all the time for the same reason other races try to look white: that which is different and exotic is inevitably considered attractive, so we have an instinctive drive to borrow a small piece of it that we feel enhances our naturally attractive features. There's a reason orientalism exists, and its not because white people think Asian/African/Latin American people are less attractive.

An asian woman who gets plastic surgery to modify her eyes to look more caucasian isn't generally also genetically modifying her pigment cells and reconstructing her entire facial skeleton to look like Brooke Shields. She's taking a piece that she thinks will make her stand out (or, in the alternative, she's following a trend in the crowd so she DOESN'T stand out). The majority of her is still trying to be her own cultures ideal of beauty. The Korean girl in whatever clickbait article you read who wants to literally become white through plastic surgery has a mental illness.

Tanning isn't trying to look like an African, dude, and tattoos are not an ethnic trait.

The first thing an angel ever said was "be not afraid".

Sequel when?

>tanning is not trying to look African
Transnigger lady, Japanese B-Girls who tan specifically to look like African-Americans.
>Tattoos aren't an ethnic trait
Tell that to to the Maori, the Samoans, or any other Pacific Island culture.

There are certain signs or symbols of a culture that others pick up on, then use to signal exoticism.

>"be not afraid".
That's exactly what a creature you should be afraid of would say when it wants to fuck with you.

Oh my god, none of those are real things

why do sjws always make up shit that doesn't exist

Angels are supposed to be terrifying to view.

more people voted for Hillary than for Trump

Samoans aren't real? Somebody better tell The Rock.

Also, I just lived a year in Japan, girls who tan so they can look black or latina are completely real. Of course, they're a lot rarer than the ones who try to dress and talk like they're black or latina, but they're 100% real.

California should decide how the rest of the country is governed.

tfw I search for the appropriate image on the internet and it turns out I already have it

OINKBANE IS THAT YOU?

>>Tattoos aren't an ethnic trait
>Tell that to to the Maori, the Samoans, or any other Pacific Island culture.
there not. every culture has had some form of body marking, one of the earliest records of vikings comes from an arab merchant, he said they were covered in tattoos from fingertips to their cheeks. celts and romans also marked and inked their bodies

Are you actually autistic? I am genuinely asking.

He's right, though. The lady in the comic has sausage lips and a round face. Doesn't exactly scream "white".

And there are many examples of, say, north Africans who look exactly like white Europeans in facial structure, but with dark skin and curly hair.

funny thing is, pretty much across cultures all over the world have viewed lighter skin tones as beautiful. Not saying whiter races, just how light the skin is. Everywhere from Europe with snow white and lead-based makeup, to India and Asia, to Africa and the Americas

The Rock is black

but everyone in his comic is white, so the features are consistent with white people

>top left
FUARK

Describe them as "hauntingly, enchanting beautiful, such that your heart aches at the first glance".

If I have to describe individual features, do so poetically, or quite emotively.

Meh. Best africans girls are egyptians.

>north Africans
>dark skin and curly hair.
You do realize that North Africans =/= Sub-Saharan Africans? North Africans are most closely related to Arabs, both are Caucasoid, and the native ethnicities (such as Berbers) are often fairly pale.

Given how California makes more money than all those incestious braindead christcucked shit states... yes. They should have more to say. Fuck the South. Fucking mutant white niggers, that's what they are.