Nars'Kyse Mobile Defence Force

Continuation of this thread:

> boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/thread/50879966

There is a 1d4chan page here:

> 1d4chan.org/wiki/Nars'kyse_Mobile_Defense_Force

I felt like that there was some interest to this, so I am going to try continue the story.

I added some fluff, but most of it is simply the putting everything and everyone to their place.

Also, someone changed the color scheme of the Cadre. That is a thing we could discuss.

Actually there is quite a bit we could discuss. For example, how do our forces differ from standard Tau forces?

Also my writing is a bit bad, at least for the last part in the 1d4chan page. If there is writer who is interested, they can feel free to modify it.

bump

I like the hydroponic gardens. It make quite a contrast with the expected environments of an asteroid fields. So you have space environments, space stations corridors and suddenly biodome jungle. Pretty cool.

>how do our forces differ from standard Tau forces?
Well, a lot is demiurg, so we don't have any canon base. For the tau force themselves, we rolled "mobile units for rapid strikes and creating confusion" under the Mont'Ka philosophy. So I guess we can elaborate from that:
> entrenchment are mostly left to Demiurg
> mobile troops mean crisis team, devilfish team and tank.
If they can operate in space, it would be even better.
> Drones would make sense
> Air caste fighters and transports are primordial

For transport, I was imagining something resembling Piranha Skimmer but modified for void. It would also be cool if it allowed soldiers to grab on to it.
Do Tau Footsoldier suits have stuff to let them breathe in space? Maybe our Skimmer has oxygen tanks.

I don't think Devilfish can operate in space. Plus we are trying to avoid collateral damage right? I think it makes better sense to have a Cadre with only crisis suits and drones.

So for example, here is how I imagine a standard mission would go about:

> Land an Orca close to a station.
> Scan the station. Make a map, find where enemy troops etc.
> Place the crisis suits in sniping position.
> Transport the ground troops silently.
> Gather some more data. Come up with a plan.
> Execute the plan swiftly.

So in some cases, you can use crisis suits to open a breach in station. Sometimes the ground troop attract the Orks to part which the crisis suits can safely blow up.

Given that we don't know about Demiurg or how they fight, we can get away by coming up with our own fluff.

Among the brotherhoods, Fugorks are the ones doing most of the fighting (I chose them because their name sounds like 'Fuck Orks').

So propose that we consider the Demiurgs to more defensive. Let them have strong power armor similar to fantasy Dwarfs with their stocky armour (kinda like the picture). Most of their weaponry is probably modified mining gear right? But that makes them very easy to flank.

So naturally they are used to protect static position.

We could also have them be Space Torbjrons.

>I don't think Devilfish can operate in space.
I don't know, I think they have a pressurised interior but other than that...

I also think it would look odd in space.

So frontline engineers? Make sense in those environments.
Always thought tau need some anyways. That and medics but that's another topic.

Maybe demiurgs vehicles would serve as transports? Tunneling on asteroids, and some sort of heavily modified prospect shuttles between them.

Do you think there are any Vespids that can serve as advanced scouts inside the hollowed out asteroids?

> Repair/sabotage life support systems
> Suddenly you have no air, no light or no gravity.
> WAAAaaagh?

Don't Vespids wings work in atmosphere? We are in the void I think.

I am also kinda against adding too many players.

Quick question:

Do the Tau have prostitutes?

If they did, which caste would that be?

No, that would be a waste of resources and not benificial for the greater good, and that they only bang for the sole pourpose of creating more Tau with a parter that would give the best offspring

That's the official statement.

Like all creature, the Tau have urges.

Not with a Ethereal areound they don't

Yeah, Ethereal aren't always around.

Hell, some Ethereal partake in it themselves.

Here are some ideas for what we can fluff out:
>Some characters from casts other than Fire and Ethereal

>Flesh out the Ethereal, she needs at least some fluff on her

>Add more Ork characters, e.g: Meks, Doks, Kommandos, etc

bump

A character I think can be interesting for the Ork side would be the Dok/Mek who came up with the idea to use the hydroponic plants.

So normally when Orks die on a planet, they release their spores which eventually grow back to Orks.

But in the void, that doesn't happen. So there is a general ork reinforcement for the the void based Orks.

So comes along a mutant Ork who is weirdly enough both a Mek and a Dok but he isn't very good in either.

Some boyz think him kinda un-Orky. But their numbers are too low so they decide to not waste a useful Ork however unorky he is.

He participates on a raid to several stations. He is tasked by the Boss to reinforce it with the help of the other meks. He comes across the hydroponic garden.Something clicks in his mind. He massacres several of his boyz, collects the spore and locks himself in the garden. When the other Orks make it in, they witness a grotesque garden ... growing Orks.

I imagine that sexual desire, at least as humans understand it, would've been bred out of most Tau a long time ago. Some Earth Caste lab technicians probably just have vials of sex cells that they can combine and grow babies in artificial wombs, leaving the average Tau alone to carry out their duties.

I know a Black Library book described Shadowsun wrestling with the idea of joining a pregnancy programme, and those would certainly exist, but I can't imagine that most Tau would participate.

>>Some characters from casts other than Fire and Ethereal
A water caste xeno-cultural expert on orks, in the "know your enemies" mindset. Wasn't expecting how Fire Hazard would use this academic knowledge to complete his warrior understanding of ork.

>>Add more Ork characters, e.g: Meks, Doks, Kommandos, etc
Maybe some sort of pseudo instructor for all those gitz fresh out of der Ydroponik?

>>Add more Ork characters, e.g: Meks, Doks, Kommandos, etc
There must be at least one be'vesa character.
I don't know, a tauboo ork who love discipline, a Weirdboy who's only there because "It's kieter ova dere.", a neon disco Flash Gitz who like the light of tau energy weapons, a Kommando who think usual ork aren't cunning enough, or even a Gretchin simply too happy he isn't getting crump under his new overlords.