JoJo-Based Game

I was really liking the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure idea thread from a couple of days ago. My buddies and I are also doing a similar game, but we're still looking for some unique stand powers to use. Anyone care to share some/their experiences with doing this setup?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs/edit#gid=1373747549
youtube.com/watch?v=d3a-xWQKwDI&t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=K-zZkbcF4fA
youtube.com/watch?v=O1841UkutHo&t=20s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lurking

An archive was started recently for the Super Stand Sunday threads. There's only about 20 stands listed so far, but there will be more in the future

Yeah, I'm not the user who started it but here it is:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs/edit#gid=1373747549

I somehow forgot to link it when I made my post, thanks user.

Should it be assumed that you're the GM?
Just a couple tips to pad until the thread gets going:
Remember to make enemy stand users balanced against the party. Don't make anyone they can just ORA on sight, nor anyone they can counter with a single cast of punchghost magic. However, don't cockblock them entirely, leave the players some avenue for puzzling out a counterattack. If you give them the Rohan treatment player agency will wither as quickly as their patience.
However, ignore this with the BBEG. If you're not running not!Part ..., be sure to have a villain at leasy strong enough that they're implausible to directly fight at first if not enough to easily kill some core cast members if they're not careful; however, there shouldn't be a likelihood of 'Pucci falls, everyone dies,' or at least without the PCs really cocking up.
Also be sure to have some NPC allies. While it's up to you if you have some DiU-esque support cast who get an intro arc and a team pose then are never mentioned again, but a few must be core cast members. Remember, this is JoJo, and unless you're going the DiU route, somebody is probably gonna get punched through the chest, and it's preferable if that isn't the JoJo.

Time to finally share the ideas I used in my campaign. The PCS were:
「Silver Rainbow」 - A Stand that opens warps in the air that look like TV static. The player acted like a Kamen Rider character that was obsessed with justice, so I made a kind-of generic hero ability to go with it.
「Muse」- On its own, this Stand is weak and slow, but it can draw power from the artistic composition of its surroundings to become more powerful, adopting properties of its 'inspiration.' The player character was a male model, so there was a lot of posing involved.
「Robot Rock」- Essentially SCP-914. Put an object in its chassis and roll to find out what result you get. The initial iteration of this Stand had a steampunk feel, but it later evolved into 「Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger」, which was more TRON-ish in design and had no more downsides.
「Shot in the Dark」 - remember the manta rays in Super Mario Sunshine? Yeah. It could split into 13 little pancake shadows or conglomerate into a big drippy mass.

cont.

As for enemy Stands, I had things like:
「Lock and Key」which could bind things together and tie people up with chains. He worked in tandem with 「Jailbreak」, a Stand that wields a massive ball-and-chain.
「One Vision」, that put multiple people in one body and forced them to operate together while running wild on their nervous system.
「Flesh and Blood」, which spawned monsters made of blood from the injuries sustained by the user. The heavier the wound, the stronger the subsequent enemy. After he was defeated, his whole corpse formed into a giant monster.
「Brain Damage」, a Stand that can alter atmospheric pressure and air density. This Stand was wielded by an NPC that spent a lot of time with the party, so it was easy for her to slowly drain the air from them in secret. Her name was also Luna, in a thinly-veiled Dark Side of the Moon reference.
「Monkey Wrench」, a Stand that literally just steals the victim's Stand. I wanted to force the user of Shot in the Dark to fight his own ability, because he viewed them as his only friends. If the user dies before deactivating Monkey Wrench, the stolen Stand is not recovered.
「Return to Sender」, the secondary villain Stand. He could assign an object as his Origin Point and teleport back to it at any time. This means he carries a few small items with him to toss around as mobile teleport locations. He would often show up after the party beat an enemy to taunt them Handsome Jack-style, but the user of Muse acted like he was his agent. It was fun.
「Number of the Beast」, the BBEG Stand. It was able to 'change fate', or actively alter dice rolls. I would ask the players what they rolled and what they wanted to do, then move on. It could automatically crit if it wanted to and force any roll that wasn't the highest possible roll to fail. However, it functioned using charges that had to be restored like a dragon's breath attack in D&D. Its look was styled after the Holy Diver album cover.

I've got one I've been working on for one of my PCs.
Act 1 -『Speed Lover』
A pair of brightly-coloured running shoes that lets the user run at about 50-60 km/h.
Kinda boring, but it then evolves into
Act 2 - 『Running In The 90s』
A 90s-esque brightly coloured tracksuit, along with the shoes from Act 1. Lets the user go even faster than Act 1 - up to 100 km/h, and can go from a standing start to 60km/h pretty much instantly - Although this will ALWAYS kick up a massive dust cloud, regardless of whether there's any dust or dirt to be kicked up.
This then evolves into
Act 3 - 『Deja Vu』
A brightly-coloured full-body racing suit, with elements of Act 1 and 2 in its design. The user can now run stupidly fast, with top speeds just shy of Mach 1. Of course, reaching this sort of speed puts massive strain on the user's body and may rip their muscles apart if maintained for extended periods of time.

This act also gains a new ability, Temporal Drift.
This allows the user to 'drift' back a few seconds in time, returning them to a previous position while maintaining their current velocity.

Thinking about adding a fourth act, but I'm not sure. What do you anons think?

I'm playing in a JoJo game already, here's mine
[Bad Medicine] - Resembling an African medicine man with stony skin, a golden mask and emeralds for eyes, it's a punchghost with stats similar to Gold Experience that can drain the life energy from its targets, surroundings and even user if necessary. This life energy can be used for healing or a variety of other effects. The user doesn't realise his Stand is essentially replicating Hamon, because he doesn't know what it is. If he did he could probably learn Hamon breathing and skip the whole life draining part of the process.

An african pillar man that heals people with chinese knockoff hamon? I can dig it.

I see you've been playing a bit of Overwatch, user.

>Thinking about adding a fourth act, but I'm not sure. What do you anons think?
『[insert Initial D reference here]』
The stand now resembles a brightly colored and geometrically complicated body suit, looking almost like an advanced fighter pilot's suit.
The user gains the ability to run at any speed less than the speed of light, but only at an average of Mach 1 over the interval of the previous 24 hours. Should any movement at a given rate cause this average to exceed the average of Mach 1, they will be forced to slow down, perhaps even to near stationary. However, they no longer suffer catastrophic physiological effects from high speeds.

In essence, the stand allows them to only travel a maximum of 18,415 miles over an interval of 24 hours, but they may travel this distance at any rate they wish.

I love it. You're a hero, user.
I think I'll just call the fourth act Initial D.
Also, should it extend the range of Temporal Drift from a few seconds to anywhere in the last 24 hours?

Sounds like a cool stand idea user, I'm curious to see what an Act 4 for that would do. Here's my idea for what Act 4 might do:
Act 4 - 『Gas Gas Gas』
Similar in appearance to Act 3, but is adorned with various car components. (exhaust pipes, wheels, headlights, etc.) While it does not improve the speed from the previous acts, it increases the user's "handling" to absurd levels. Possible uses might be running up walls, double jumping, Quake-esque air steering, or zig-zagging through incredibly sharp corners

This is also great! Perhaps a combination of this and An advanced, high-tech fighter pilot looking suit with a bunch of car components incorporated into the design, including an oversized pair of skates, ala that one chick from Robots. The user can go as fast as they want within the constraints suggested by and with the incredible handling ability you suggested.

Extend Temporal Drift to any point in the last 24 hours, but for the purposes of the average, count it as traveling that distance in the span of one hour. If the stand user would use this ability, they run the risk of immobilizing themselves for some period of time.
For instance, they run the maximum distance at Mach 1, and then immediately use temporal drift to go back 24 hours. The average now includes the fact that they effectively traveled at Mach 24, and they would then be immobilized until their average drops below Mach 1.

Actually, now that I think about it, this could possibly be used to cheat the average in some wonky ways.

A better way to go about it is to simply make it so that Temporal Drifting multiplies the current average by some amount (2, 10, whatever, possibly based on how far back in time the drift is), resulting in the possibility of immobilization by exceeding the average.

I got some, if this is now a Stand Sharing general

『Shout』 -Takes the form of a tattoo around the user's neck in the shape of a choker. When active, the user can "Shout" out the name of any physical objet, iolently repelling any instance of that object within 15ft of her away for 3 minutes.

『Last Cowboy Song』 - This stand is a triggered stand that appears whenever the user starts to play on an acoustic string instrument. While playing the stand billows out of the instrument as a form of purple smoke. While this smoke surrounds the area, it causes images of the people and events that have occurred in the past of the area to appear, though they are immaterial.
『Heaven and Hell』 -Allows the user to place "chain" markings on a person or object, allowing him to "restrict" physical attributes of the object. When the "chains" are removed, instead the physical attribute is enhanced by the same amount it was reduced for the amount of time the chains were on

『Ticket to the Moon』 - This stand has 2 parts to it. The first part allows his to mark a space or flat surface wit the image of a full moon. He can only have one such mark active at a time, and it acts as the anchor for the second part.
The second part allows him to mark any sheet of paper with the image of a crescent moon, turning the paper into a "Ticket". When the paper is torn through the crescent, it transports the person holding the ticket, and whatever they're holding, to the location of the Full Moon marking.

Again, these are just the basic summaries of the abilities, not the full things. Thoughts?

While I don't expect my players to go out of their way to try and dick the system, that sounds like a good idea. I guess it could be justified as needing more magical stando speed power to do a temporal drift.

Ive been working on an act stand to use as a recurring duteragonist, but I'm having trouble designing the acts beyond the first and last ones. I'm thinking four acts total, but thats up in the air.

the stand is 『All Time Low』, and is all based around the idea of two-dimensional manipulation. Act 1 is it can move flat along surfaces like a shadow from kingdom hearts, and I want the final act to utilize the fact that it's entirely two dimensional to be able to cut things along its infinitesimally fine edge, letting it cut through almost anything.

I'm not sure how to bridge the two though. I was thinking maybe some Paper Mario style folding stuff for one of the middle acts?

Ah, I've got it; the average is multiplied by some value between 1 (no temporal drift) and 100 (24 hour drift), based on the function of your choice.
Keep in mind, however, that the absolute worst case scenario would be them being immobilized for 24 hours after the drift, at which point the drift would leave the interval, and the average would suddenly drop to 0.

For Act 2, maybe let it fold the space between points, and for Act 3 let it fold objects along two dimensions at a time (X and Y, but not Z) to reshape them for example.

Sounds good. Man, the session where Act 4 emerges is going to be an awesome one.

Ooh, I like the folding between spaces idea. Also fits with some of the lyrics of If These Sheets Were the States, which makes my obsessive need to have stands relate to their music happy.

I'm not sure quite how I want to do act III though, since I like the idea of folding between two axis at a time, but I can see that being a real pain in the ass to keep track of and keep functional. Maybe something building more towards the final act? Because it is two dimensional, act 3 can slide through things?

Im just seeing a blank spreadsheet with the /sss/ logo on it.

Reminds me I should get around to actually statting some of my stands one these days though.

I've got some too, I wonder what Veeky Forums thinks of them.

『Free Will』
The stand allows the user to clear their mind of all emotion, inhibition, impairment, intoxication, etc and so forth, rendering them a perfectly rational being for some time.

『Limelight』
The user can see the underlying motivation of any action taken by a person, as well as imparting a "glamor" effect to where the user will be perceived as a close friend by anyone they talk to, but only while they are talking to them.

『Spirit of Radio』
The stand emits an aura of pacification that grows more powerful as you approach the user; the stand can amplify and conduct this aura through electrical wires and radio transmitters.

Sounds great, user! Ooh, maybe give it the ability to turn things 2D and trap them on one surface?
Get some Link Between Worlds shit going up in here.

Limelight is a bit too scattered in what it can do and its theme.
Don't be afraid to give a Stand anability that doesn't quite match its name, afterall most Stands in JoJo don't have matching powers and names

I'll post some of mine mostly because I miss /sss/, have quite a few as I'm getting ready for a campaign.
「Madness」
Locks a group of people in an area and forces a non-stand user to murder someone. If the murderer is found, they die and everyone else leaves. If the wrong person is accused, the murderer and stand user go free and the rest die. The stand user can also be murdered and everyone else will go free, however this isn't explicitly stated in the rules when they are announced.
「Hotel California」
Whacky hotel that works on a kind of Scooby Doo logic, in which the user is in complete control of the hotel and can do things like make doors go to different places, have halls stretched on forever and such. Works in tandem with 「Ghost Dancer」, which is able to move freely through shadows, but its claws glow in bright colours when it attacks, leaving it vulnerable as it is highly visible and unable to meld back into the shadows.
「Faces」
Able to swap reputations or 'faces' with people. For instance, if he steals the 'face' of a respected scientist, he's more likely to be listened to on scientific matters - however if he says something blatantly untrue the reputation can be damaged.
「Faces: Requiem」
Able to make people swap stands at a range. Both used to grant a more combat capable stand to the user and to confuse protagonists by making them have to adapt to using their fellow stands, and swapping just before they do something reliant on their current power.

「One More (Or Ten)」
A flask with 11 little green men inside, when released they climb a person, hiding on the person or in/around their drink if it's a normal mortal. People being harassed by One More (Or Ten) have the effects of drugs and alcohol multiplied on them.

A few friendly stands too.
「The Touch」
User was crushed by the meteor that the stand arrows were created from. However, she emerged from the stone unscathed, and began to travel the world. When she dies, she respawns from that meteor exactly as she was when first crushed. She also has the power to grant people Stands, however in a much safer way than a Stand arrow. 'Non-users' instead of dying when touched are granted temporary stands, that fade as the plot requires after anywhere from a few minutes to a couple hours.
「Taxi」
The stand of the ghost of a dead Italian taxi driver, this taxi can be hailed by any Stand user, and will take them anywhere for a fee at an impossible constant speed. It appears to drive only in a straight line, no matter the destination - even across oceans, where it would seem impossible to get to. In addition, the radio in the car is able to be used by the driver to determine the stands of occupants, and there are hints that the driver doesn't go through time as linearly as normal, capable of picking up multiple stand users around the world at the same time.
Need a name for a stand used by a tailor/mob doctor that's kinda similar to Sticky Fingers, but instead it is able to create stitches to bring things together and such, possibly even making things work together that shouldn't, such as attaching an extra arm. Work in progress name is 「Three Button Hand Me Down」

One of the players from my campaign:
「Malcolm」
youtube.com/watch?v=d3a-xWQKwDI&t=6s
Power: A
Speed: C
Range: A
Precision: E
Durability: A
Development: D

「Malcolm」 is an autonomous stand that appears as a generic horror movie monster wielding a chainsaw. When 「Malcolm」 is summoned, the user must give it an order, witch it then solves via chainsaw. 「Malcolm」 cannot be recalled unless its task is finished, or if the user physically tags 「Malcolm」 out. If 「Malcolm」 finds that it cannot possibly complete its order using its chainsaw, it commits chainsaw-seppukku. If the user gives 「Malcolm」 the same order twice, 「Malcolm」 flies into a blind rage, and cannot be recalled until it is destroyed.

Initial D stand user here, got another one.
This one's for the presumed BBEG who isn't really the BBEG.
『Sweet Child O' Mine』
Initially appearing as a simplified copy of the user, clothes and all, this stand grows in power as those the user considers family are threatened - This effect is multiplied tenfold for blood descendants. As the stand is powered up, its appearance changes, becoming more monstrous and deformed. There is no theoretical limit to this stand's power, requiring only sufficient stimulus.
This stand is also known to temporarily develop abilities from other stands - In a situation where an enemy must be destroyed totally, it might acquire Killer Queen's bomb abilities, or a modified version of Highway Star's nutrient siphon that redirects the absorbed nutrients to the user's family.
Thoughts, guys?

A few further ideas -
Sweet Child O' Mine doesn't just amplify its power as the user's family is threatened - It also amplifies the distress of the user, making them more likely to lash out instinctively.

What CR rating would dio part 3 have in Dnd?

The better question would be what CR rating a ROAD ROLLER would have.

>Using DnD for Jojo

It's doable, but kind of a pain in the ass.
Source: Initial D user, Josuke ended up as one of my PCs through shenanigans. The setting is a generic fantasy setting mostly based on Forgotten Realms. I still have no idea how he got there, but the party's having a ball nonetheless.

If anyone's interested, I can post a few tidbits from this madhouse of a campaign.

I love it! So as it stands heh Act 1 lets it turn flat, act 2 lets it fold places flat (between two points) act 3 lets it fold others flat, and act 4 lets it fold itself so flat that it cuts through reality.

This is going to be fun.

Also I'm thinking that for the visual look of the stand itself, perhaps a cyclops with the same blue-black color scheme as pic related, with crinkly cardboard-looking skin.

yes please

Oh man, that sounds great. Is it alright if I steal this one for potential future use?
Sounds like your PCs are having (or will be having) a blast!

Aight, let's start with my personal favourite.
The time the tiefling killed someone with a seduction roll.
>Party's clearing out some castle or other, trying to find a kidnapped dorf
>tiefling rounds a corner, finds four orcs standing around a firepit
>They all turn and face her
>ohboy.gif
>She casts Scorching Ray, incinerates three of them in one turn
>herewego.mp4
>"Can I roll seduction on the last guy?"
>excuseme.mpeg
>"Yeah, sure?"
>she crits
>The orc dies on the spot from a combination of terror and arousal

this fucking party, man

Stand part 1

I'm having trouble deciding the name, stats, and exact mechanics of a slightly complicated stand. The idea is that it's a BBEG time fuckery stand.
The user can move themselves back in time by up to 6 seconds (though the maximum will improve with practice, think The World). The user pops out where they was in the future. Their past self remains, and they will react to changes in the timeline alongside everyone else; they can use this to gank the PCs, hide and flee with ease, avoid a trap they fell for the first time, etc. Their past self suddenly vanishes at the time when the user activated the ability; the future self can will themselves stay in the past, though the lack of a 'current self' is dangerous for the time stream, meaning that they have to leave within a period of time afterwards equal to the maximum backwards movement. This is optional, and they can leave the past at any time, said restriction notwithstanding; however, leaving early doesn't effect the past self, so they will be alone until the point the stand was used. Once the user deactivates the stand, they appear at the time they left plus the amount of time they went back and any amount of time they lingered reappearing where they was when they left the past.
The user reappears in the body their past self had when it dissapeared; if said past self is dead, or they are 'unavailable' due to the effect of stands like Cream or D4C, the ability will fail (I can't decide if they come back as a soul, or cease to exist). This effectively means that they need to keep both selves alive and well; the past self to have a living and (ideally) healthy body to return in, and the current self to live long enough to deactivate the ability.

Part 1/2

Stand part 2

This is a secondary ability for the stand, though it might be cut out.
While the current self has to be the one to deactivate the stand, it doesn't have to live afterwards; the current self can 'abandon ship' when fated to die with no concequences. If they leave after their past self dissapears, and their death would have occured within the time limit for leaving the past if they didn't do so, they leave behind their body. The body will be the same in body and mind as the stand user was when they left for the future, except for the knowledge that their 'true self' has left to the future and everything that entails, and that it has no soul. The body is fated to die; if the death is somehow averted and it doesn't die within the time limit, it dies instantaneously in a heart attack.

tl;dr The stand ability is as follows; dissapear, appear in the past for a bit, dissapear for a bit, reappear a bit in the future.

Please leave suggestions on the stand. If you don't understand, please ask.

Part 2/2

Go ahead, I've made far too many stands for this group as it is.

Other idea I was brainstorming that probably could use some work was a major villain similar to Kira, in that whole "psychopathic serial killer" theme. Only with a lot more Alice in Wonderland symbolism and mania.

youtube.com/watch?v=K-zZkbcF4fA

『Velvet Elvis』 is a stand that manifests as a constantly changing set velvet and rhinestone clothing being worn by is user. The only consistent detail between its forms is an image of the letters T C B, and a lightning bolt that appear somewhere visible on each new iteration.

『Velvet Elvis』 has the power to create projections based on the dreams and beliefs of its user. These projections all look to be made of a swirling mass of black velvet paint, and have the physical capabilities of what the user believes them to be. However, they are all universally susceptible to turpentine and other such paint thinners, which dissolve them.

This partners with the user I'm working on for it is a manic psychopath with no concept of reality to make the projections it forms work on crazy dream logic instead of regular people rules.

Just realized pic related had some neat powers that could probably be stand-worthy. Like...

『The Final Countdown』
A stand that can pull the user back in time to 5 minutes before the death of a the corpse this power is used on. I'm debating as to whether they can stop the death though, or whether reality still makes sure they die, and attempts to stop it from happening only makes things worse.

『Trading Places』(placeholder name, struggling to think of a good one)
Has the ability to swap the locations of two similarly shaped objects. If an object is moving when it's swapped, the object swapped into it's place maintains the same momentum, see that one of of the pic related where you swap a bullet with a wool hat to fake someone's death.

That sounds pretty sweet, user. Should make for some real mindfucks as your PCs try and figure out what's going on

Another one, from, like, the first session
>Party runs into a destroyed wagon
> Suddenly GOBLINS
> Party kills goblins, because goblins aren't really much compared to like two competent people (Rincewind doesn't count, he was running away at the time)
>Party goes on to find the goblin hideout
>they cruise through it, sparing one of the goblin's accomplices of indeterminate race
>They killed a guy so hard at one point that his sword gained a fire enchantment
>Final boss is a big orc with a Stand
>Party walks in
>"DED KILLY SMASHA"
>The tiefling and ranger kill him in like one turn
And that was how I learned that I need to make stronger enemies.
Pic related: A shitty campaign poster for roll20, starring the party and supporting NPCs.

Good lord this campaign sounds like an acid trip.

perfect

You just made my morning, user. Thanks for that!
I should point out, though, that this campaign isn't *all* stupid bullshit and stand battles.
It's just *mostly* stupid bullshit.
A few more serious moments have happened too, if you're interested.

do tell user.
I'm coming to the point in my campaign where shit is starting to go down, so seeing how other anons pulled it off would be quite helpful

Ok, so I know that the players involved won't be lurking this thread.
What's going on ATM is heavily tied into the backstory of one of the PCs, which I guess is heavily tied to the campaign as a whole.

About 20 years before the campaign happened, there was another adventure. An all-paladin party set out to adventure, save the world and look holy as fuck while doing it. I have a whole writeup for what went down at the end of their journey, but to sum it up shit went down and the party split. One of them was presumed dead by the others, and another had betrayed the party for what they thought to be good reasons.

20 years later, the party starts to notice something off about their employer, a halfling merchant by the name of Azgi Barthen. Over the course of a few sessions, they start to pick up on a few odd details. First, she happened to have clothing perfectly sized for someone the height of a young child who also had a tail on hand when the party dragged back the kobold that they'd spared in the first session.
Second, she clearly had significant divine connections - She just straight up dispelled a presdigitation cast by the tiefling player with a snap of her fingers, and told her not to try it again.
Finally, there were some paintings in the back of her store. Five knights in full plate, all sharing the same colour scheme. The party eventually figured out that these were her old adventuring chums, but that's about all they know.

At one point, she just surreptitiously handed the tiefling a little trinket. As soon as the tiefling picked it up, she gained the ability to summon a spirit weapon of sorts. In a total non-coincidence, one of the knights in the painting had the same ability - In his case, he favoured a giant orange lance, while she tends to use an ultra-greatsword.

(con'td)

At this point, the PC gets suspicious and starts pushing Azgi for details. She refuses to budge, and keeps telling them that she'll explain "in due time".
Later on, the PCs chase their current big bad to a mansion. In order to trap her and prevent her from teleporting, they drop a manor-sized antimagic field on it (In the only occasion I required the PCs to actually use spell components, I ruled that it took about 30lbs of powdered iron to cast the field). Anyway, they get to the top floor, and hear glass break. Pushing past the big bad's stunned orc minion (who ended up working for them later), they see their target standing outside the window, on the roof, clearly still under the effect of the antimagic field.

At this point, they thought they had her.
And then she flipped them off and took off at about 50km/h. Without magical assistance. So, anyway. They get their loot (which comes out to about 30k gold), which they promptly reinvest into the town they're in, because holy shit i've managed to turn murderhobos into functioning members of society.

Yada yada, more shit happens, they revive one of Azgi's adventuring pals as a 10 foot tall warforged thing, more shit happens.

The serious bit comes when they reach their goal, the bustling city of River's End. They were here for two reasons - To acquire a guild charter for their adopted hometown, and to talk to some of Azgi's old contacts at the Order of the Rose Eternal - A conglomerate of various paladin orders of several different faiths who teamed up to fight evil and protect the innocent, all that jazz. Anyhow, they get into the guild registrar's office, and it emerges during the interview that Nethkaria(the tiefling) actually doesn't know her last name because orphan. At this point, Azgi just sorta pokes her head around the door, beckons Nethkaria over and whispers it into her ear.
(Cont'd)

Interview finishes, come back in a few days to collect it after we get it all done up and formalised, thanks for your time yadda yadda.
Azgi is then promptly dragged outside by Nethkaria, who has had enough of this "all in due time" bullshit. She opens by asking one question, based on a growing suspicion over the last few sessions.
Is the man with the spirit lance in the painting, Girard, her father?
Azgi nods and says yes. She isn't really surprised that Nethkaria's figured it out, but she has one last bombshell to drop. She asks Nethkaria if she'd noticed how she just *happened* to have clothes sized for a 2'6" kobold with a tail on hand. Nethkaria doesn't quite get what she's saying, but nods along.
Azgi then reveals why she had them. They were Nethkaria's, from when she was a small child. It was Azgi who left her at the orphanage after the party split.
Nethkaria's player's reaction was, more or less, "HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOW DIDN'T I SEE THAT". Honestly, that was my proudest moment as a DM so far. Nethkaria and Azgi then just embrace each other for a little while, and the session wraps up.

not so much a dark serious moment as a slightly more emotional moment in general, but I'm still proud of myself for getting a traditionally murderhobo-y player to engage in RP that much.
Was that any help, user?

You have to scroll through the other worksheets shown at the bottom to see the stands.

Thanks for the storytime user! I've wanted to do stuff like that in my campaign, but I've only ever been able to pull it off with the coordination of one of the players.

Best part is I still have a bunch of twists and turns still to come.
Current favourite running gag: Every time the tiefling or kobold do something impressive mid-combat they have to roll opposed acrobatics checks to see if they make eye contact. It's both incredibly funny and kinda adorable at the same time.

Pic related: The big thing that happened to azgi's party.

So which system do you guys recommend for this? I'm trying to put together a game myself, but I'm starting at literal ground zero

Honestly, I feel like you can make JoJo work in just about anything, provided you can fudge it enough. I'm running it in DnD, but that requires a few houserules (which i'll provide if anyone wants them), but I'm sure there are far better systems.

There's a FATE hack for JoJo, here you go. My group added in houserules that made Stand abilities function as stunts as well if you think that'd work. You'll still need the FATE core book.

JoJo's Bizarre Tabletop
Or a reworked Mutants and Masterminds
Or a FATE hack

Additionally, as this is a thing that might happen in my campaign (since Stand Arrows are kicking around, and Josuke's there):
What the FUCK would Crazy Diamond Requiem look like? What would he do?

Sorry, but quick question here, how do ensure that your players don't whip up stands that seem silly or dumb initially, but turn out to be utterly broken stands without jumping directly to GM fiat first?

The requiem arrow seemed to give what a person wanted most at the time. For silver chariot requiem, it didn't really relate at all to it's base ability other than being fast. It could really have anything, especially if he touches it during the BBEG fight.

>it makes his hair indestructible

>What the FUCK would Crazy Diamond Requiem look like? What would he do?
You misunderstand something about Requiems

A Requiem Stand is not an upgrade, rather it destroys the stand to recreate it with a bizarre ability for a specific purpose that the user desires when the arrow stabs them

youtube.com/watch?v=O1841UkutHo&t=20s

While this video is useful, however, a Requiem Stand forms based off of A: the original Stand and B: what the user wants the most at the moment where the arrow penetrates them. If Bruno was stranded in a desert with no food, possessed the arrow and really wanted a pizza, then Sticky Fingers Requiem would be able to open zipper portals into any pizzeria or takeaway place in existence - possibly even in multiple realities - from any distance. So think about what Josuke wants at the time when the arrow penetrates him.

>It's a fusion of Crazy Diamond and Love Deluxe

Stands are all about play and counter-play. If their stand is too strong, find something that shuts it down. If it's incredibly specific, then that's ok. Stands don't have to make sense.

>It's an automatic version of King Crimson that triggers whenever someone threatens his hair
>also, Epitah has Koichi's face

>It's Crazy Diamond Bites The Dust

Crazy Crimson Bites Za Dusto: The World, Awaiting The New Moon

In the system our group uses, stand stats and abilities are determined via a point buy system. The point cost for abilities are determined by how "dumb" the group considers the power, so stands with more ridiculous powers are less outright powerful. The only problem we have is the precise scaling of the point costs.

Can you guys give any constructive criticism on the stand of the "Koichi-like" character in my group. It has multiple acts, it's based on rust manipulation.
Act 1 can rust anything that isn't a stand, and break/shatter said material with ease.
Act 2 can 'unrust' & restore any material to it's original state by this process. In this act, he's also the healer for the group
Act 3 has complete control over rusted objects, like their velocity, structure, shape and hardness.
Is there anything he should add on/take off the stand?

You can't just shop Koichi's face on everything

Reqium

*Over Heaven Act 4

Is Act 2 meant to be Crazy Diamond, but better?

>the party gets another stand, for a total of 2
>crazy diamond and Speed Lover act 1
>they realise they have to fight magitek cyborg ninja inquisitors with them
>mfw

Yeah, basically.

>All the power of Crazy Diamond, with the earth-shattering terror that is a rust monster
no man should have this much power

How would you deal with the crazy lethality of a JoJo campaign?
It seems like only a few stands have a healing ability.

Have something on hand to fix people up after fights like the zombie horse, or having a token Hamon user

The way I'm doing it is by having the PCs be the primary source of Stand users, and basically treat most mooks like the victims in a horror movie. It's actually way more fun for RP purposes than it sounds. (of course i really should figure out some way to challenge them, see for more)

[Communist Daughter]

Mid-range stand that can expel a white, sticky ectoplasmic fluid that permanently stains the coloration of any solid substance it makes contact with. Only stand users can see the discoloration, and have no way of knowing it is the work of a stand.

Memes aside, would the Mythras d100 ruleset work well for this? The thematic combat along with the action point system seems like it would be fitting for a Jojo inspired rpg, though I have never actually played it only read about it.

try and stop me

I REMEMBER YOU

Malcolm is awesome.

I'm the guy behind Earth Sign Man and its fellows in the archive. Here's another I rather like.

「Radio KAOS」

Radio KAOS manifests as a pair of small metal pylons on the user's shoulders. Its ability allows it to scramble communication - in all its forms. From "encrypting" speech between peiople to "locking out" people from talking to others, Radio KAOS can seriously hinder people who can't find a way to deal with it - but it's pretty short range. Only about a hundred meters. If you're having a communication breakdown, Radio KAOS' user won't be far.

However, it also has one last trick up its sleeve: 「Shockwave Radio」. This is its last ditch technique, allowing the user to drain their own energy to create a large electrical shockwave to incapacitate, disorient, or even kill those who corner them.

If they've never played 7th Stand User, grab Stands from it wholesale because wow they're good.

Cardigans is my standfu

fucking mad man...

Got a name for it?

i do my best, user

Also, anyone got any thoughts about
?
I feel like it's lacking something.

I'm having a surprisingly difficult time developing a space-type stand.

Not a concrete one yet. Got any suggestions?

As in, a Stand that functions in space?

Space as in outer space, or space as in 2d,3d, etc

Has a fear-based Stand been done before?
Specifically, one that *only* targets Stand users?
Like, a normal guy won't see or hear anything, but the guy next to him who has a stand will just feel unspeakable dread and despair.
And the stand user has a really fucking big knife

「Dragonforce」
Short range power stand that can deliver slow but powerful strikes, but its main strength lies in its power. Dragonforce Can strike a living creature and turn them into a dragon-like creature of an equivalent size to the original creature.
For instance if it were to use this power on a cat you would end up with a dragon the size of a house cat that could then attack the user's opponent.
These dragons operate like autonomous stands, can breathe fire and will return to normal if Dragonforce or it's user take enough damage.

Space as in location?
The amount of space a thing takes up?
Something like that. I want to make a stand based on something commonly found in cartoons; like when something huge hides behind a tree. Or pulling out a weapon from something small.