What cool settings/cartoons/books/comics do you rip off to make your adventures?

What cool settings/cartoons/books/comics do you rip off to make your adventures?

The Pirates of Dark Water is absolutely perfect for any sea-based campaign.

Other urls found in this thread:

riseupcomus.blogspot.com/2016/07/take-me-to-dark-waters_9.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wO2Cd9tyUvY
youtube.com/watch?v=rBoxGdz2Km4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd absolutely love to make a campaign based on this. No idea how to do it though.

fuck yeah I would play the fuck out of a pirates of dark water campaign.

If only the pdf of it wasn't halfassed

What PDF?

there's a shitty wannabe PoDw rulebook with some stats if I recall.
It's like... 12 pages and most of it is "lol look at this ships stats"

Sadly I have tried to get Veeky Forums to help make a PoDw game but sadly it did not take

I have this, but I seem to recall another pdf with at least a cover image.

That's pretty good, just what I was looking for. Saves me writing all that up. Thanks, user!

Also the most beautiful sidekick of any saturday morning cartoon ever.

Just FYI I made a blogpost about a Dark Waters setting back in the summer: riseupcomus.blogspot.com/2016/07/take-me-to-dark-waters_9.html

youtube.com/watch?v=wO2Cd9tyUvY

Earth’s most powerful soldiers, are earth’s last chance to fight the Spiral Zone
Darkness, has fallen, on the victims of the zone
Our world, calls for courage, peace and freedom we must own

We will fight, on our honor
What is right, we’ll defend
Fight the zone, zone riders

Earth’s most powerful soldiers are earth’s last chance against the Spiral Zone!

tl;dr the BBEG succeeds at his plan to spread mind-control-cloud devices across the world in a way that gives him significant control of the planet. Five suits of experimental armor are the only way to enter the Spiral Zones without succumbing to the mind control.

So the chosen strike force must do battle against Overlord, and his horrifically-mutated generals to save the world, and the mind-addled Zoners.

Had a lot of dark moments, but also a lot of stupid moments. Everyone used nonlethal weaponry, but one random background character literally considers walking into the Zone willingly because mass starvation was occuring.

>Combine Dark Water with Earthsea.

N-ice!

I've always wanted to run a game in the EVE universe. There is a lot of lore that I could use. I could have players unravel the mystery of Quafe+ or send them through The Blood Stained Stars.

I could use DOTLAN and combine it with Traveller's planet generator to create planets.

Maybe for giggles I could throw a Sansha incursion at the players.

>Quafe+

I remember an episode where they saved some village, only for a damaged Zone pod to activate once they left and zombify everyone they had just saved.

That's messed up, but I guess it'd make a good post-zombie world.

And some good bondage scenes...

>Post-zombie world
I don't even know what that means

Its not really, the Zoners are only Zoners while they're in the Zones, so they're not running out to mob anyone else. If anything, its a saturday morning show that is set a couple hours into the future, (well, a couple hours into 1980s future), and what you can get insight into is how a high-altitude/near-space event could cause massive disruption to normal life in a post-globalization world

>>Post-zombie world
>I don't even know what that means

A world at a point in time when zombies are established and have been around for a while, as opposed to the more common world _during_ a zombie outbreak.

Basically a series of one-offs linked by a metaplot that isn't in the same genre but close enough that it fits.

I mean I guess? Its hard to describe in terms of zombie-ism. Its more like if a terrorist organization suddenly took over wide swaths of barely connected territories and were able to consolidate the territory and render it immune to conventional assault.

When I first saw Drawn Together I couldn't help but wonder if Xandir was intentionally designed after the PoDW's lead character.

Post-apocalypse would be a better descriptor. Shit's hit the fan, but civilization is still chugging along as best it can.

the "handsome hero" looks strangely eldar-like

youtube.com/watch?v=rBoxGdz2Km4

Science, sorcery, asshole wizard supplying magic to both sides of the conflict? I imagine it being most like a supers game.

Yeah, Thunderbirds would be great for that. But if you want an actual campaign with a proper plot, Captain Scarlet would work a lot better.

Skeleton Warriors, EXO Squad, The Centurions, the list goes on. Saturday Morning cartoons have a ton of potential.

Shame PotDW was never finished. I'd give good money for it to get finished on Kickstarter or something.