>Additional Notes

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?ua5j3wbhtm04c
discord.gg/qUDyCZG
app.roll20.net/join/1681572/WQY9rA
discord.gg/NBv9G
app.roll20.net/users/518234/detox
app.roll20.net/users/1708848/trausti-aka-trusty
mu.ranter.net/street-fighter-the-storytelling-game/white-wolf-system-probabilities#more-684
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>GM or Player
GM

>Timezone
CST (UTC -6)

>Times available
Friday 6:00PM+
Saturday 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Sunday 11:00AM - 5:00PM

>System
Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game

>Setting
Fatal Fury Florida.

>Contact Info
[email protected]
Spades#3982 on Discord

>Additional Notes
Books available upon request. I've never actually run a game with SF:tSG, only made characters and fought friends, so bear with me.

Creating custom maneuvers will need to wait until I have a full handle on the system to avoid anything too broken. Also, no beast races.

GM here.

What should I run? I've got an itch, but no ideas.

Im looking for a NWoD game.

Or we could just play ops and tactics.

Or a spy game. Havent had a good spy game in time.

The system I want to play.

Whoops, forgot to include the sourcebooks.

mediafire.com/?ua5j3wbhtm04c

>GM or Player
Gm looking for 3 players

>Timezone
Est
>Times available
Sunday is the only day I could run but when sunday we will have to go over with the other players. The first session will be two weeks from now if I get enough players and get some other things worked out we can work some things out this sunday.
>System
Mutant year zero
>Setting
Post apocalyptic with basic base building and other things like being able to set people on fire with your mind.Outside of the two maps the game comes with I made up two of my own that could more or less steal stuff from either stalker or the ace combat world (strangereal) but over all it won't but that huge of a impact.
>Contact Info
Tsukamoto#4208 If I don't say anything back I might had left for work.
>Additional Notes
This will be my first time running this game so keep that in mind. but if you new to tabletop this game is pretty easy to learn.

Oh to follow up with this we will be using roll20 for rolls and text RP I will be using voice on discord to handle OOC things and rules so if you don't have a mic or do not want to use one that's fine as long you can listen in

Got a copy of the books?

yeah I do

following up on that they can be found in the pdf thread or just ask for them when you get in contact with me

Yeah, I went and found them in Da Archive. There are a lot of goddamn tokens.

Please oh dear god run a DnD game with no crazy homebrew or settings. Just a good old fashioned game of DnD...that is my dream for the Finder thread.

>GM or Player
GM
>Timezone
EST / GMT -5
>Times available
TBD / Sundays
>System
NWOD
>Contact Info
discord.gg/qUDyCZG
or
app.roll20.net/join/1681572/WQY9rA
>Additional Notes
all libel posted against me is true unless proven false

>no ideas

You sound like a shit GM user, not gunna lie.

>GM or Player
GM

>Voice or Text
Text

>Timezone
PST

>Times available
6:00 to 10:00 PM

>System
Unknown Armies 3rd edition. I also like to run sessions with a heavy emphasis on roleplaying and mystery/investigation and little to no intended combat.

"Unknown Armies is an occult game about broken people conspiring to fix the world. It’s about humanity, and how those among us who are the most obsessed have the power to alter reality until it aligns with their fevered desires. It’s about getting what you want despite others trying to keep it from you.

Unknown Armies presents magic as it might exist in a world co-created by Tim Powers and James Ellroy, as twisting wrinkles in reality created by greater and greater risk, sacrifice, and obsession. In Unknown Armies we ask, what would you risk to change the world? Your friends? Your family? Your health? Your sanity? Magic finds a way to ask the very most from you, until you achieve what you want or you are left with nothing."

>Setting
Detroit, Michigan (set in the world of Unknown Armies)

>Contact
maratusgm at openmailbox.org

>Additional Notes
I'm running a game with the assumption that players have potentially never played, or heard of, Unknown Armies before so if any of this sounds interesting feel free to join because I'm going to be going over the rules and setting with everyone anyways. Unknown Armies tends to play a bit like Call of Cthulhu if you were to replace "the old ones" with "the human condition", and add in the ability to use magic.

Bump

All the rumors are true.

I mean. I think that the fact that he has SEVENTEEN PEOPLE in his game at this point speaks mountains.

And you've seen him badmouth all his former players who got fed up with him.

Do not play with this man, he is a cuck.

Sorry, but if I do run D&D, it's probably going to involve late 19th century firearms and variant skill and healing houserules.

Fuck off faggot, no one likes that shit.

>17

Are these all candidates?
They're not really playing simultaneously, I'd imagine.

no, half of them can't even get into the game and understand how to make characters because he just expects people to read the book and do it all themselves

He says he doesn't care and to just get on the roll20 and he'll "give us a sheet"
He doesn't tell you anything about what kind of character you can make, he just says "you can make anything"
but the way he says it is super passive-aggressive and a obvious trap

He does boast about running games for "10-12 players" like its nothing and mocks people for being reasonable all the time

the dudes ego is out of control

dont join

Weeaboo Traveller with Cat Girls. And all sorts of cute girls.

We have an American (Fri 9AM EST) and an Europe game (Wed 7PM GMT).

There's room for a few players more. Please do come visit our Discord for details. discord.gg/NBv9G (Expires in a day)

What Traveller?

Mongoose Traveller 2ed

Bump for anything but vanilla D&D games

Is this the Traveller game with lesbians.

Not that guy but I also filter out what players I let in or not by their ability to create a rules-accurate character following literally the simple step by step instructions in the book and resources provided. I provide links to resources, list allowed books and other creation rules and all of that and then I expect a potential player to have enough of a grasp on the administrative end of their personal things to make a character that is completely rules accurate and rules legal, barring things that were in some way unclear that I'll gladly go over with them.

At least that's the case for people that say they know how to play and all that.

If you're legitimately a new player I'll help you out more, but I still kinda expect you to be able to do some simple stuff like look up your shit in tables when all you have to do is stuff like like looking at your level and then looking at what the entry in the table for that level is after I've shown you where to find the table and what all of it means.

Player looking for vanilla dnd.

All you faggots might complain it's stale but it's because of that same mentality that I have never played a vanilla campaign. It's as novel to me as whatever shit you like is to you.

What edition?

I'd say I'm most comfortable with 3/PF or 5. I've also got a newbie friend. He's read the 5 core books so that's another reason I'd like to go vanilla

How vanilla does vanilla have to be? Can you give examples of what wouldn't be vanilla anymore or something or what markers you're looking for in vanilla?

Have you played actual 3.5 or just PF?

I played 3.5 for a while. For me it stops being vanilla as soon as it stops being the generic medieval setting with knights and wizards. Since I started looking for games on tg it always been low fantasy, super high fantasy, or some other weird variant we're knowledge in the core books became useless

Yes

Also, the EST game is 9PM and not AM

So it's mostly the setting you care about rather than the gameplay?

Or do you want to be the typical adventuring party roving the land to uncover and stop an ancient stirring evil aswell?

So far I get the feeling that source/setting-wise you're the kind of guy that PHB2 was made for, basically going deeper into and expanding the core theme and giving you more to play with within that, adding stuff like Knight and all.

Play something other than DnD, it's fucking garbage. There's a REASON every game of it has some hook or gimmick - because the actual base game is BAD.

Oh, there's nothing wrong with vanilla. It's not my favorite, but I can enjoy it. You've just got to deal with the fact that if you want something, you run it. Complaining about us faggots is not going to make you marketable.

God damn, why do people have to do this shit in every fucking thread?
If the nigga wants to play D&D, let him play D&D
Did D&D fuck your girlfriend or something?
I'm sick of watching one of you sperg out in every fucking thread on Veeky Forums
Yes I'm triggered

I'm still waiting on him to respond to to see if the nascent campaign idea I'm working on is up his allay or not.

I think that most of us here have all had, at one point or another, a traumatic experience related to D&D due to its entry-level status.

Cry me a fucking river
I got kicked in the nuts playing soccer as a kid but I don't need to go into every divegrass thread on /sp/ bitching about how they should play something besides soccer

All my negative experiences relate to people, or at most how they view or interact with a system, though I feel like they'd be much the same regardless of system involved since it really does just come back to the person.

I mean I guess there's negative stuff like Eclipse Phase's shit editing/playability issues, but that's at least things you can work out or work around.

>implying that changing system is like playing baseball instead of soccer

LEGENDS OF THE WULIN MOTHERFUCKER PLEASE

So he expects people to read the book

He doesn't tell you what to make for a character

But he totally says it in a passive aggressive way

>mocks people for being reasonable all the time

?
Sounds like you just had some conflict with him and don't want to fairly represent what happened. This is full of red flags

Not that guy, but I'm the more frequent complainer:

He gives enough advice on how to create a character, but he seems to allow ANY concept. No reservations given. He kind of doesn't give any guidance for building, though. I remember having to walk two other players through WoD character creation.

The biggest problem with this GM is that he is a douche who will always talk down to you or wisecrack whenever you ask for help. I left his game because he flaked on me on the intro solo minisession, didn't give an excuse, rejected the two times to make it up I proposed, and made douchey wisecracks when I suggested he offer a makeup time instead, since my schedule was fairly free at the time.

Disrespect to players, especially when you've just wasted their time, is inexcusable.

The funniest thing is that he doesn't remember who I am: He pointed his finger at every single OTHER player who left that particular game, but not me.

Warning/Reminder that this is an ERP game.

>I remember having to walk two other players through WoD character creation.
It sounds like those two people are apparently too bad at parsing and processing information from the books already in existance to explain character creation to them to handle their side of character upkeep without constantly being a drain the GM or the groups time now or in the future.

Like seriously, if you aren't at a reading level sufficient enough to indepentently utilize the systems resources and work with them you're just gonna bog down the game every time it comes down to your character doing something crunchy.

You're still a rude motherfucker who's just wasting people's time if you don't outright tell people that they're too inexperienced to play.

First of all I'm not the guy you're complaining about, second of all this is unrelated to experience. This is using instructions provided to you to accomplish something. You're not expected to already know it or do it by heart, you're expected to understand the instructions before you (which are written explicitly with new players as the target audience) and put them into action. And doing so independently is basically required for you to have put together your character and understand how they work, what they do and how to do it. Handholding them through that only leads to incomplete understanding and confusion later and making unrelated excuses like deflecting something that has to do with intelligence and effort to learn and understand onto inexperience doesn't help anyone because quite frankly if they're not willing to put in the effort to learn how to play the system by themselves they're shit players.

The degree to which you have to "work around" Eclipse Phase's issues basically requires you to rewrite half the game on the fly.

>First of all I'm not the guy you're complaining about

>things that are not true

The aim of teaching someone is for them to be able to do it independently, WITHOUT you around.

When you teach someone to play poker, you have to get to a point where they don't have to show you their hand to ask what they have.

When you teach someone how to drive you need to get to a point where you can let them drive independently without you in the car without getting themselves killed.

Instructions for new players are already supplied. You're providing instructions for the instructions.

When you first got the books, did the publisher send a person to you to help hold your hand as you read them, worked through them and learned how to play the system from the complete instructions on how to do just that within?

>he didn't even deny it

Dude, you're an asshole. Players, especially new ones, might prefer having someone show them the right path to creating their characters. Just because the instructions are right there, doesn't mean it's the best or easiest way, and this way you get to converse with the players, learn more about them, what they want to play, etc.
And then the players get to learn more about the game, what person you are, as well as the limits you'll allow when it comes to creating, as well as rules they're not sure about, what the other players are going to choose, etc.

Don't be an asshole to the people who are looking into tabletop games- you're _that_ guy, scaring the new players away from the hobby because you're too much of a dick to be nice enough to introduce people into something that they can love. But no, Instead you push people away, you scare others, and you repulse even those who are into these games. It doesn't take a genius to realize why you have to look into a gamefinder to find people to play with you.

Still not the guy you're bitching about by the way.

>Players, especially new ones, might prefer having someone show them the right path to creating their characters
>And then the players get to learn more about the game, what person you are, as well as the limits you'll allow when it comes to creating, as well as rules they're not sure about, what the other players are going to choose, etc.
I talk with them about all of those things and I provide all the related instructions to character creation aswell as any modified or alt rules and explain them thoroughly. I also link resources like dierollers or simplified creation instructions/walkthroughs.

I just don't do the work and the thinking for them. Because at some point they need to get in the drivers seat, and I loathe it when people have absolutely zero expectations of other people and just never let them even attempt things on their own so they can properly get a grasp on it, because that way they'll never figure out how it works and if its for them. I've always had far more issues with people that never really got a handle on how things worked because they were constantly shunted through it by others "helping" them through everything without the player ever really being exposed to and fathoming the workings of it.

You're not doing anyone a favor by minimizing their contact with the actual nitty-gritty of the system, and NOT every system is for everyone.

I believe everyone can play something like Cthulhu Dark for example, but there's always going to be some amount of entry barrier to more crunchy systems and I'm willing to let people looking into tabletops actually come into contact with the things required to play them and see if its for them or not, but I'm also going to tell them that maybe it ISN'T for them if they can't handle it.

EP's mechanics are fine

>GM or Player
Player

>Timezone
EST (UTC -5)

>Times Available
24 hours a day except for Sunday and Wednesday evenings EST.

>System
Shadowrun 5th Edition

>Setting
Neo-Tokyo, Montreal, or any other setting. I like high-tech, but no complaints otherwise.

>Contact Info
Discord: Detox#5034
Roll20: app.roll20.net/users/518234/detox

>Additional Notes
Shadowrun 5 newbie. I know the rules but not much experience.

Burn Legend is basically SF:ST, but less broken, and wrapped in some vaguely exalted lore. Might want to check it out as an alternative.

Guy who originally brought up the editing/playability issues here.

I've both GMd and played it and I have to say they're definitely not the MOST playable, and they certainly require that you're okay with a lot of "rude" things the system kinda does, like extreme lethality or zero attachment to the morph you've built in creation due to how travel works, but I've also never ever had any desire to switch to the version that supplants FATEs mechanics over EP and just uses its settings, cause I still feel like there's a lot of neat things and merit in what it has.

But I really, really loathe the editing on the books.

And perhaps you should be willing to help people who don't have an idea of what to do, especially their first time creating characters. The next time, let them handle more, and then, the next time, let them do it themselves, etc.
Did you swim or ride a bike the first time by yourself? Did your parents, when you were a child, throw you into the kitchen and say, "Now make dinner"? How about school? In first grade, did your teacher expect you to already know multiplication? Serious, bro. You're scaring away people by your overly high expectations.
I'd say have fun playing with yourself, but then again, it's likely always been you with yourself.

There are instructions for new players in the books, written exclusively for them.

I don't know what more I can point out. The instructions are already there. They're not going fucking uninstructed dude. It's all there. But it's there in the same form that they will have to sift through and acquire literally every other further piece of information they're going to learn about the system as they expand into it and its other books, that's why it's important for them to be able to parse and understand it in that form.

No one can, or should, have to literally break down and explain every possible source and book to people, they need to be able to work with the books independently, otherwise you've failed to teach them.

And believe me, I do take every step to get them to that point, but I DO NOT TOUCH THEIR CHARACTER SHEET. They need to do every logical operation and every bit of information gathering to fill it themselves.

I feel like you're still just projecting a lot of unsaid shit you know or feel about that other guy over everything I've said, but let me tell you I'm not even here advertising a game, 'cause I'm not running one right now. I was popping in to see what systems were advertising for players and I spoke up because I consistently run, both as GM and player, into people in groups that are just STRUGGLING in the most awful way through their turns or their admin or whatever in the way that makes it like pulling teeth because they're constantly pushed along through things with minimal explanation because other people solve their problems instead of letting them work them out and their frustration continues to build alongside the frustration the group receives from it.

Honestly I feel like sometimes people dislike me because I'm not obsessively over-inclusive and am actually willing to let people fail and maybe re-think if they'd prefer a different system or the like.

>GM or Player
Player

>Timezone
GMT +01:00

>Times available
Fridays & sundays at 18:00 - 00:00

>System
D&D 5e or Pathfinder

>Setting
Fantsy, but I'm willing to try something else.

>Contact Info
Roll20: app.roll20.net/users/1708848/trausti-aka-trusty
Discord: Trausti#4335

>Additional Notes
I'm pretty new to Pathfinder and I have never played D&D. But I know the basic rules on both systems.

I'm sorry if that's the way playing these games has made you- it says a lot about the people with whom you've chosen to play with. Remember, it's supposed to be fun, it's a game, not a chore or a job. You should be willing to introduce your friends to new things and help them through- and in return, they should do the same for you.

Here's a quick example;
I wanted to run Rifts as a short 4 game mini-series. I made everyone's characters for them, pulling them aside one by one the week before the game actually started.
I honestly would say it was the best game I had ever ran, and after it was over, everyone wanted to play again. So, I gave everyone blanks, and grouped them into two's and three's, and walked them through.
"Okay, you want to play a fighter type? Here's some good ideas." "PPE? That stands for Potential Psychic Energy."
They made their characters, and when they were stumped, they asked for help, and I guided them on where to go next.
Then, that game was a success, and someone else wanted to run a game. At that point, everyone had a good grasp on the system, on character creation, rules, etc. They understood where to look for information, began to dive into the mass of supplements, and I wasn't even needed for a single bit, and now Rifts pops up every year or so because everyone was willing to sit down and learn, and wants to play again- it was a good experience, and they learned to love the system, and even the literal six hour character creation. If they ask me now to make their characters for them, I'll tell them to do their own shit, because I know that they know how to go about it, and are just being lazy. But if a new player comes along, I'll be willing to do it again; and if it's not their thing, that's fine, they can go back to D&D when it comes up in rotation in a few months.

Is it in Da Archive?

>"Okay, you want to play a fighter type? Here's some good ideas." "PPE? That stands for Potential Psychic Energy."
I explain those things, though.

I've got a fairly encyclopedic knowledge of splatbook stuff, so I usually let people tell me what they're looking for either in theme or archetype or whatever and I can list a bunch of things that all meet it in several ways, and then I point them to the book it's in. I might bring up niches filled or unfilled by other players or how their choices related to that or point out the drawbacks to something they might pick like having a hard time picking, and that's about as far as I go. I'll help you figure out what you want and where to find it, but I kinda expect you to be able to say, take the level we're starting at, look up the class you've picked, look at the progression table for them and pick out that at lvl 2 your Fort Save is +1 and then transfer that to your character sheet without any input from me. I just wanna come back and see a +1 there (barring any CON etc for this example), and the creation instructions are plentiful in telling you how that works, though if I make any alterations to how we work with that (like using fractional save progression for multiclassing or something) I'll have an explanation of that posted.

And its funny to me that you mention DnD as apparently being the system that everyone gets and doesn't need instruction, because that's primarily where I run into all of this. Other systems people usually are more willing to acknowledge that they need to hunker down and work it out because it isn't sold to them as the easy beginner one.

I have considered running a campaign with pre-gen characters or at the very least some parts pre-set, due to certain specificities of the campaign, and I can actually imagine that it will make things really rather quite smooth and has a lot of advantages (at least for what I picture) in terms of main plot integration of the characters (cont.)

Dude, it's DnD.
It's always DnD.

similar to the "created character" versus "pregen character" conundrum that videogames often face with their storytelling, but I feel like you also need to find people willing to basically have little to no freedom in character creation/customization. Though an all-new group (especially new to the system itself) is certainly more malleable that way.

I think ultimately you're mad at someone far less caring than I that merely shares some overlap with my more distanced expectations of someones ability to handle their admin while I'm mad at people far more patronizing than you that expect nothing at all from people and just gloss over and push them past their actual interaction with the system.

No, it's people. I've said it here
It all comes down to how people act/react toward systems, and as I've pointed out

>Other systems people usually are more willing to acknowledge that they need to hunker down and work it out because it isn't sold to them as the easy beginner one.

is my experience in this case, aswell.

>they certainly require that you're okay with a lot of "rude" things the system kinda does, like extreme lethality or zero attachment to the morph you've built in creation due to how travel works

doesn't sound like a mechanics problem

Still holding out for a NWoD game.

>Tfw no Pokemon Tabletop Adventures group

>Tfw no Monsters and Other Childish Things campaigns ever advertised here

I've played it once, never been able to find a group for it again. Shame, system's admittedly really simple but I absolutely love the concept.

It largely isn't. Mostly comes down to people being fine with that, though there are some mechanical issues with the whole Firewall structure they want and all the travel and the basically constant morph switching that travel would involve.

Largely I just wonder why the hell they let you so intricately design a morph (and spend a lot of your points on that) when basically any travel you'd have to do as part of Firewall would rid you of it almost immediately.

You should run it.

Psst, don't tell him the secret. He'll figure out that you can just choose to be a GM and that all our fancy hats and handshakes mean nothing.

BUT I WANNA PLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

t. entitled player scum

Christ guys, I don't like permaplayers either but no sense in shitting up the thread more than usual.

>mfw my foreverGM happily sucks my big player dick

Still looking for new challengers.

I think most of us are still trying to process that there's a Street Fighter pen and paper system.

The 90s were a magical time for tabletop.

Pretty sure there's also a SF hack for 3D&T, the Brazilian RPG. There's definitely a Darkstalkers one.

mu.ranter.net/street-fighter-the-storytelling-game/white-wolf-system-probabilities#more-684

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this.

Neat. Thanks.

>GM or Player
Player, very new
>Timezone
CST
>Times available
Mon,Tue,Thur 4:10Pm - Midnight
Fri 4:10PM - Any time
Sat Morning - Any time
Sun Morning - Midnight

>System
>Setting
I don't really mind anything yet, just would like to play any kind of game.

>Additional Note

I'm still in my first roleplaying game honestly, that's on wednesdays with some friends online.

But its kinda falling apart with players and even the GM missing sometimes. I'd still like to stay with them until its clear that the game can't continue.

Only kind of experience I have is some basics of pathfinder on d20pfsrd, and roll20.

I might not be able to play for longer than about two or three months because somethings will come up by then that will interfere with my current schedule.

>But its kinda falling apart with players and even the GM missing sometimes.
Welcome to online tabletop gaming.

People have trouble taking commitments seriously when they're not in flesh and blood.

What's so broken about SF:ST?

This is bullshit, I formed a close knit group of friends two of which I met on the gamefinder. We've been sticking to a schedule for almost two years now.

t. eternalplayer trying to trick GMs into finding a """"good group"""" through gamefinder

t. NARP cuck

It's more insane than that.

It's got a create-a-move system based off some of the late 2e rote 'custom abilities' rules in oWoD, and has rules for VAMPIRE, WEREWOLF, AND MAGE CHARACTERS.

You can literally be the Jon Talbain

Oh were you actually suggesting a game to play? yeah id be into that

>You can literally be the Jon Talbain
This is all I ever wanted in life.

Just do something that isn't DnD and it'll all work out for you

Huh. I'll admit, I'm curious. I'll have to take a peak at the book first though before I can say for sure. How many players do you have so far, and have you figured out which of those days you'll be running on yet, or is that still in the air?

Oh yeah, should I use the 20th anniversary edition, or the core book?

Check out the core book. The 20AE is just fan errata for all the characters that had been released since Street Fighter 2.