/40krpg/ 40k RPG General

Trazyn Saves the Imperium edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee and that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.10) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
mediafire.com/file/lfbawnl8buxaoc3

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.4) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/file/vyv56zze9m828d2

We've had a lot of arguments over what constitutes official canon in your games recently, so, in the spirit of reconciliation, what are some elements of headcanon you use in your own games?

In my games, Tau don't exist at all. They don't belong in 40k, so I removed them.

>Not making a crusade to purge Tau as a race.

Disgrace

The Inquisition is predominantly constituted of subtler Inquisitors and their agents. Those who purge entire planets with fire and brimstone are in the minority.

Rogue Traders aren't quite as brutally cutthroat as others would have them. Many, realizing just how filthy stinking rich they are, like to act with honour, grace and so forth. Until you fuck with their interests, then they gouge out your eyes and throw you out of an airlock.

Orks are not stupid lovable morons. They're brutal motherfuckers who'll stab you in the throat and eat your corpse. They don't respect the strength of anyone who isn't an Ork, and what they can't fight or loot, they burn.

Chaos is self-destructive, but in many cases the followers of the Dark Gods are exquisitely aware of how bad an idea it is to try and immediately fuck with someone who's just as powerful as they are. Meaning that intra-Chaos conflict is mostly subtle, until one group thinks they're in an incredibly secure position, and attempts to wipe out the others.

>Space Marines do NOT just live to 1000. That's dumb and contradicted by a lot of better canon.
>Space Marines are NOT eunuchs. The Space Wolves would be miserable otherwise.
>Space Marines ARE capable of developing character outside of their Chapter's norms, particularly if they've been consistently exposed to other Chapters.
>The Breaching Augur is NOT a weapon, regardless of what the books say.

Just naming a few.

Ew.

What?

Space marines not living up to 1000 and having cocks (for what reason? they piss in the fucking armor anyway)

And mentioned space yiffs in the same part as cocks. Double ew.

>what are some elements of headcanon you use in your own games?
Mostly about things in the FFG settings, but we've taken a lot of liberties with what things are and aren't.
Also, a few technical things, because GM is a /k/omrade:
>Leman Russ has a crew of 9: Commander, Driver, Codriver, Main gunner, Loader to that, 2x sponson gunner and 2x sponson loaders plus tech-priest if available.
>Most of the other fluff statistics on a Leman is stupid and can be ignored.
>Commissars are people and not chem-zombies
>Most fluffy stats on weapons are also bullshit, like autoguns being caseless despite having ejection ports and so on.
>Bolters are center-fire and not caseless.
>Most of the people in the Inquisition are surprisingly sensible, and most are subtle and prefer to work behind-the-scenes
>Most Imperial conflicts do not end because the Imperium threw the most bodies into it. There's plenty of competent people in the Guard.
>Most casualty numbers in famous conflicts are vastly underestimated.
>Kriegers do have faces, and it isn't a mystery how they look. They get invited to events where they have to eat in presence of others.

I don't know how many of those you count, but it's some.

You missed the part where I said they don't JUST live to 1000, implying they live longer.

Alright. Then the second one sucks.

>Headcanon

I've got loads.
>1,000 Marines refers explicitly to infantry. Most Space Marine chapters cheat in a big way, to account for casualties and also allow them to spread their deployments wider than such a small number would allow. There's still tons of dangerously under strength chapters with only a few hundred dudes, though.
>Female Chaos Marines exist, due to Fabius Bile refining the implantation process. The Imperium's process is deliberately inefficient and devoted to producing stable, healthy Marines, while the forces of Chaos don't really care and experiment and clone all the time. Hence why CSM frequently outnumber loyalists, but still have a core of experienced Legionaries.
>Deathwatch, Grey Knights and Sisters are still Chambers Militant.
>Sisters have a reputation as Marine-hunters, being the people you call when a chapter goes renegade, as too many Astartes are reluctant to side against their brothers. Because of this, they have rather chilly relations with most Chapters, except the Black Templars who share their zeal. Oddly, the Sisters tend to generally dislike being deployed alongside the Minotaurs, due to that Chapter's tendency to massacre the faithful along with their targets.
>Oldcrons and Newcrons co-exist. Several shards of the Deceiver are free and have multiple tomb worlds enslaved to its will. It is slowly subjugating the Necron worlds again and is on a perpetual quest to reunite its whole form. The Nightbringer is still whole and in stasis, as even the most arrogant Necron Lord is reluctant to release that *thing* again.
>Grey Knights don't kill everyone who sees them. They're secretive, but known to exist. Rather, they tend to only be called when everyone is contaminated already, and so one of their frequent, grim duties is to massacre or imprison loyal subjects who might be tainted.
>Chaos undivided is still a thing.

I've got some.
>The Squats, after the loss of the Homeworlds as stated in previous material, have established themselves on the fringes of the Imperium. These New Homeworlds struggle for acceptance due to the Squats' previous position as an "allied empire." They've taken to Jetbikes with aplomb, adapting their trike combat tactics to the sturdier and faster platforms.
>The Ordo Chronos can travel through time. The reason they disappeared was because they went back and killed each other in their cradles as part of interfactional politics. Only one escaped, by pulling a Philip J Fry.
>Necrons that fall in the Newcron category range from superiority complexes to friendly and pleasant, depending on how much brain damage they suffered over the great sleep.
>A few forge worlds of the Mechanicum in the modern day still produce stuff like Volkite and Battle Automata, which leads to real issues when more orthodox Magi come to visit. While this is true in canon according to what we know of Cyraxus, the spread is still unknown.
>The War in Heaven still rages, 65 million years on, between the immortal Necron Decurions and their superweapons, the debased lizardlike remnants of the Old Slann, and the hardlight wielding Wraith-construct Armigers which hold durances of the Old Ones.

A lot of the stuff I use follows official GW party lines, like other dimensions, set pieces, etc. A few NPC outliers that I use are usually not representative of the official party line, though the rest of their race remains official. Some things, though, become canon over time, which I find nice. For example, I use Leibowitz's High Lords in my game, where the Fabricator General is a composite of all previous FG's, and the Master of Astropaths transfers their mind to new bodies. I was quite happy when this became canon in Beheading.

Alternatives setting: How could the eldar empire survive?

By learning to cope with boredom in a manner that doesn't involve space-cocaine induced murder orgies.

Your GM and I would get along rather swell. Those are setting-specific houserules that I also use.

>Commissars are people and not chem-zombies
This kind of bullshit in canon is exactly why I'd never play in a Shas game.

I'm not really sure if it's a "headcanon," or just a particular way I view things, but in my games I put a lot of emphasis on just how big and diverse the Imperium is. So long as a planet pays its tithe and reports unusual aspects of its doings as normal, it's not really that hard on being super-crazy space catholics. Each world has its own vast amount of culture and setting, and two planets in even the same solar system may be unrecognizable compared to each other.

Also people in the Imperium are not all incompetent shits. A lot of them know what they're doing and try to do the best for humanity. I don't know why GW and so many others have a love affair with the idea of an Imperium that's full of darkness, incompetence, and super-crazy fascism.

Oldcrons are imperial propaganda. Newcrons are how they actually are.

Marines are roving assholes that flit from conflict to conflict depending on how there chapter works. With few exceptions high level imperial commanders can't stand it when marines show up because they are such an uncontrollable variable that will shit all over every large scale strategy.

Chaos Marines are generally in 4 categories. Zealots, that are totally devoted to the cause of destroying the imperium. Burnouts, that just don't give a fuck anymore but keep fighting because its all they know. Maniacs that are purely out for their own self interest that see Chaos as a way to gain power. And Believers that see Chaos as the only salvation for humanity against the slavering xenos hordes.

Orks do have a minor psychic field in terms of technology. But its more similar to the admechs prayers and rituals and stuff. Most ork tech does actually work but according to the dogmatic principals of the admech it shouldn't so they say its unholy magic.

>GW is making its own in-house version of the RPG, because FFG is now a competitor

According to rumors in the 40k general, at least. How fucked will things be? Will there be edition wars?

>GW and so many others have a love affair with the idea of an Imperium that's full of darkness, incompetence, and super-crazy fascism.

40k has always been a reflection of Britain. Most of GW was for Remain according to LJG, and when that got scuppered, it made the authors write nothing but doom and gloom into their works.

So what race are the 'deaths dream fragments' and 'living crystal' items supposed to be from? You see them in Rogue Trader, mostly, but there's a few in other books.

The Egarian Dominion, a xenos race invented specifically for the FFG sectors.

Oh. Classic chaos extinction. Sadface. Thanks.

Even if they're true, we don't have to actually play it if we don't want to.

Plus they might actually bring out some models specifically for the RPG.
I for one would leap for joy if they made more "scribe" models and so forth.

My 'headcanon' is a blending of this (though downplaying the SoB as the anti-Astartes force).

Okay maybe Im an idiot and I missed the answer in the books but I have to ask. What the fuck are the rifts of Hecaton? Are they a nebula? A warpstorm? An [insert your choice] here thing?

Same way the Dark Eldar did. Heck, the Empire pretty much dissolved voluntarily when it comes down to it - a considerable portion of its nobility survived in Commoragh, and it's leaders would go on to become the Haemonculi. The reason the Empire didn't survive was because its leadership decided 'fuck it, let's see if I can invent new ways to torture people' instead of trying to reestablish its presence in realspace.

Since Im running a Rogue Trader game, everything old from the Rogue Trader era is cannon "on the fringe", so you get Squat holdings, orks that are willing to trade (though still prefer to fight) and psychics and the ocasional zoat etc.

>>Oldcrons and Newcrons co-exist. Several shards of the Deceiver are free and have multiple tomb worlds enslaved to its will.
I have this as well, one of my big bads was a larger than average shard of the Void-Dragon that wasnt entomed on Mars. My players decided blowing up the planet it was on and throwing it into a black hole was a tactical responce.

Warp Storm.

Work out how to build more spirit stones, and then bind spirits to them at a distance. And cloning. You'd have craft-worlds swarming around even larger tomb-nurseries filled with the collective souls of the Eldar species as they are loved and cared for and prepared for rebirth into a new body.

Not really, the Dark Eldar as a species are not exactly in decline, but they are certainly stagnant. And not because they don't want to be, but because of what they are.

They're inventing new ways to torture people because they're constantly needing to feed off excess of sensation, and especially the fear and pain of others, to renew their souls against Slaanesh's draining. They're the ultimate addicts because they know if they don't get their fix they will die in the most horrible way possible, and so they have bent every aspect of their culture and civilization toward satisfying that need.

>Oldcrons and Newcrons
Oh yeah, me too.

Are there any later, as in OW/DH2nd Ed rules for generating an Astartes character?

No, as an Astartes would be way beyond the scope for either of those games until you hit the highest levels, and would basically need an entire book put out just for it.

And they already have one of those, it's called Deathwatch.

And Black Crusade

Has anyone here played any great amount of Deathwatch?
I've never played it before, and looking at Squad Mode abilities, these can be pretty fucking awesome.

Yes but hes right

Edition wars are cancer and especially if it has a GW name on people who dont even touch 40k RPGs will infect us.

I cant fucking wait where will I talk 40k then

The regular general sucks

I like this place but edition wars come its GG

Played one campaign with some internet vidja friends. Got about six sessions in and all of our starting characters had died in hideous ways because our Imperial Fists Librarian accidentally summoned a bloodthirster in the first session and then we went up against genestealers and booby traps.

Chem zombies...?

I know, I just mean updated to, you know, the aptitude system.

Look through the ffg forums - there are enough attempts to hack something you like together.

Alternatively if everyone is playing marines, use DH2E, and kludge the BC marine traits on top of that.

as a newfag, what is the best way to get into warhammer40k rpgs?

What's your group like? That'll tailor heavily what game they should play.
Generally
>DH 1e/2e are good entry level, low level stories, with 2e the more refined mechanically
>RT has the best concept
>Only War has the best combination of setting, limited concept, and refined mechanics.

Wouldn't aptitudes just be like 2 from chapter 5 from class? That can't be that hard.

I've played alot. Mechanically its fine. Except getting cohesion is way too difficult, with the cohesion costs for most things you can do maybe 1 or 2 attack/defence patterns per mission, and you'll never ever be using your Chapter specifics abilities because they're a waste of cohesion unless everyone has Forging the Bond.

Oh and the issues with Deathwatch are all outside of combat since there's almost nothing to do outside of combat since you're a bunch of warrior monks that can't even acquire social skills until you're rank 2+.

>Marines are roving assholes that flit from conflict to conflict depending on how there chapter works.
Yeah pretty much this. God help you if a more fringe Chapter like the Flesh Tearers, Iron Snakes, or the Ravenguard show up because they're going to sacrifice most of the Imperial assets in the area to accomplish whatever their goal is, then leave the IG to pick up the pieces.

My players want to play a low-scale Black Crusade as cultists in the underhive with scavenge/improvised tech and tunnel gang warfare. Anyone tried it before and can give a good advice on how to run it properly to get the most fun?

Remember that Infamy isn't just how well you're known with people in realspace, it is also how well warp entities know you.

>Commissars as chem zombies

I'm sorry, what?

>mocking autoguns for being stated as caseless and still having ejecting ports
>implying there's absolutely no reason why you'd want to have direct access to the action even if the gun uses caseless ammunition

That's tre problem with low scale BC - PCs are mostly nobodies for both the Galaxy and the Gods even if they rise to rule milions of underhivers into an open revolt againt Imperial opperssors.

>If your character model for KILL-TEAM ELITE™ RPG Battles in the 41st Millennium contains any content that violate Official Cannon (see pages 2-23 of your KILL-TEAM ELITE™ RPG Codex) it will not be legal for tournament play
>If your character model for KILL-TEAM ELITE™ RPG Battles in the 41st Millennium contains parts from models not made by Games Workshop™ it will not be legal for tournament play

I love the idea, but under the BC system its very hard to implement. I would honestly try with DH2 and instead crib the Infamy and Corruption system.

Or just play DH2 where the Inquisitor is an Alpha Legionnaire.

Psykers serve as release valves for the pent-up energies of the warp. Increasing psyker birth rates are a result of building pressure in the Immaterium, the Warp leaking into realspace, and this is a process that the Chaos gods don't necessarily have control over. The Imperium's persecution of psykers helps plug these leaks, and allow the amount of turbulent psychic energy to mount even higher. Eventually, the pressure of all the mortal passions raging in the grim darkness of the far future will reach the breaking point, and the Warp will collectively bleed off into reality all at once. This will be very bad for Chaos: Without properly consecrated mortal hosts and Daemon worlds, Warpstuff dissipates rapidly in the cold emptiness of the material realm, and if the Chaos gods become too diluted and dispersed, they'll lose their coherence and fade back into the collective subconsciousness.

Of course, this will also result in a solid month of hellish warpstorms killing huge numbers of mortals, collapsing the Webway, and frying every Warp-based communication system to permanent non-functionality, but in the following calm, the surviving remnants of humanity may just have a chance to start really growing again. And, somewhere in the ruins of Holy Terra, a certain old skeleton with a shit-eating grin will broadcast one last psychic message to his scattered children:

JUST AS FUCKING PLANNED.

TL;DR the Grim Darkness of the Far Future is overstuffing Chaos, and the entire Galaxy is a psychic boobytrap to burn out the Tyranid Hive Mind.

Actually a good advice. Haven't read DH2 yet, though. Is it portable to BC in case my haretics succeed at their revolt and go killing corpsefucker scum on other planets for the flory of Chaos?

I've been working on a similar idea with just a gang of mutants trying to keep their heads low and avoid any wider conflicts. Using a reworked DH2 ruleset is probably your best bet unless/until the campaign lasts long enough for the players to have as much XP as starting Black Crusade characters. Starting Only War characters are probably the closest in scale to what you want, but being part of the Guard is so baked into the rules it's probably more trouble than it's worth to modify it for this concept.

The AdMech has an actual bigger picture of how fucked everything is, while the lower levels of Tech Priests adhere dogmatically to the Machine Code the upper echelons realize that shit is going down and they will need to innovate to survive. The Ordo Mechanicum is well aware of this and liaises with the Admech in order to make sure everything is on the level.

Explorator Fleets are primarily skunkworks where the AdMech jams most of their radicals, mad scientists, and freethinking geniuses so they can go out and "discover" new STCs and what not.

This. You don't get to be Fabricator-General without learning some practicality.

>Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

"Maybe" it will be good?

More like
>it might be okay

Humans during the height of the DAoT were becoming almost as clueless about how their tech worked. Sure they knew how to operate and somewhat maintain it, but creating and innovating upon it was beyond them. When it came to their understanding of the universe, the machines had left humans behind a few singularities back and even those of us that were willing could barely grasp the concepts put forth.

Add a few zeros to every single official number put forth by anyone. What the fuck is their problem with scale?

I shudder to imagine what the illustrations of a GW-made RPG book would look now that they refuse to draw anything that isn't on-model.

> new line of plastic 40kRPG models
> Inquisitor Second Edition
> John Blanche for John Blanche-God
> hope is a first step on the road to disappointment

No really, they did make Artemis in 28mm, how hard would it be to scale down the original 54mm Inquisitor minis? Return of some would be sweet.

>headcanon

Ordos Chronos are proper timecops that skip on the Warp Tau-style, moving through time rather than space.

40k is the best possible outcome they can achieve due to how time travel works, constant meddling by Chaos/Warp shenanigans (Tzeentch in particular) and the fact that can't do anything too public, as they need to hide their involvement in everything (cause, a) they supposedly vanished when they were testing with what would be refined into their current time-tech and b) fear of what anyone on any side would do if they got their hands on the ability to reliably fuck with time).

I basically use Continuum time travel rules with them, so they can't safely fuck with anything that might affect their own creation or their discovery of time travel.

>The Ordo Chronos can travel through time. The reason they disappeared was because they went back and killed each other in their cradles as part of interfactional politics.

This makes so much sense. With all the political squabbles the Inquisition has, it feels like what a bunch of inquisitors would actually do if they had the power.

bump for the IG Meatgrinder RPG

If they do make Inquisitor second edition ill flip I dont care what size the models are

>like autoguns being caseless despite having ejection ports and so on
user, you do realize there are caseless and not in terms of autoguns?
That autoguns cover hundreds of different models throughout the galaxy, boiled down to a standard?

What books have Eldar Corsair stuff, I want to use them for something?

>And, somewhere in the ruins of Holy Terra, a certain old skeleton with a shit-eating grin will broadcast one last psychic message to his scattered children:
>JUST AS FUCKING PLANNED.
>TL;DR the Grim Darkness of the Far Future is overstuffing Chaos, and the entire Galaxy is a psychic boobytrap to burn out the Tyranid Hive Mind.
FUND THIS.

Into the Storm, Hostile Acquisitions, and the Fringe Books in the OP.

Why do so many people make the ordo chronos travel through time? They originally just investigated time disturbances

I blame David Tennant. Plus most people think they can write a good time travel story but they can't.

In my mind the Ordos Chronos were the guys that would find shit that, due to Warp shenanigans, traveled in time and tried to glean everything they can about the past and future.

Because people with to interact with/change the history of the Imperium and high-five the Emperor or some other such stupid bullshit, rather than appreciating the setting for what it is.

Tips on traversing abandoned hive/underhive?
Should I bother with maps or just make players roll navigation tests every so often? How do I make it more interesting than just a series of rolls?

Describe the abandoned rooms, creepy ambients in background etc

>rather than appreciating the setting for what it is.

The setting is different things to different people. Who are you to say what 40k is and isn't?

So are bestiality, necrophilia, and libertarianism.

I'm the one making a value judgement about the lack of an inherent value in a "time travel" plot based on 2 games gone wrong, and one game gone right.

And that last one was only because they fucked up so hard at time travel that they all fucking died. Though it was fun.

Its just going to make finding a copy of RT and Only War more costly. Shits fucking $250 on Amazon

When you guys play do you actually use maps and counters for players like D&D? It's a thing I've seen online a lot, but back when I played pretty regularly we would only make crude maps when it was necessary and just narrated the rest.

If your players somehow go into a space hulk.

Man the fucking Tempestus Scion lore has alot of bearings of great stories but GW fucking blew it. I have this kind of retarded backstory for these guys already playing out in my mind.

I keep seeing these dudes the entire shtick was something Lady of the lake 40k style with Isha somehow taking it a step further than just whispering cures to mortals. She decides to bless human infants and in turn most are sent to the lions.

Is this something official? This reads like a that guy homebrew regiment.

It is official

Here is the NecronXImperials part 1

>Not green lenses

JOB

Christ. What book is this from?

For the headcanon thing in OP: The only evil in the universe are Tyranids. Every other faction is perfectly capable of being civil, even heroic, for a multitude of reasons.

Khornate Warriors can, and sometimes do, hold the line in defense of the weak, either seeking rewards from the protected or because they believe the attackers are hated cowards for preying on them in the first place.

Orks loot civilian planets, they don't massacre them. It'd be like dedicating all a Waaagh!'s time to stomping Grots, and they got better things to do than pick fights against something that doesn't fight back.

Eldar will sacrifice planets of humans, but only when it's clear they have to. Deliberately killing "lesser" races draws even more attention and ire to the Craftworlds.

Essentially, I cut out all the grimderp stuff that wouldn't make any sense if these people actually existed, rather than served as another faceless grunt in a writhing mass of stupid descions.

I get that 40k is SUPPOSED to be like that, but real people just aren't.

Dark heresy 2nd edition
How the fuck do i requisition for rare shit lorewise? Do i just go to the nearest arms dealer and ask if he has a spare power claw?

For Power Klaw I would go to the local Rogue Trader Cantina/Palace Casino, Xenologist Emporium, Cold Traders, Munitorium Storage of Capturured enemy equipement, more cosmopolitan Commercia, or contact the agents of Reliquiary 26

Codex Militarum Tempestus.

I am using XX Alphic Hydras regiment in next DH campaign, in the most schrodigerian way.

When I ran it online over Roll20, I would make maps with generic sci fi assets and make them as 40k as I could. Now I run DH in person again, one player brought me a notepad of squared paper and a full drawing kit for bashing out quick, simple maps when needed, using little small circles of paper from hole punchers as markers for people.

A prefer the later method. It has enough details for tactical decisions to be made. (Where to stand, when to get closer, when to use suppressing fire). Such maps have lead to the players, when able, casing the place they are suspecting a battle, laying a trap and spend a good hour IC/OOC discussing their battle plans. Nice and easy as a GM as I sit back and clarify what they know, and I think they have had a lot of fun setting things up.

The second also allowing for more insane action movie shit that somehow happens sometimes (Leaping last moment onto an aircraft taking off, thanks to fate points.) which is hard to depict on a "hard" map. With a basic line drawing, there is enough theatre of the imagination for it to work.

> With a basic line drawing, there is enough theatre of the imagination for it to work.

Navigating Valkyrie through the Dark Eldary Webway Nexus while pursued by Hellions, Reavers and those fucking birdeldars jumping in and on it.

Piloted by the MIU-Linked Explorator, constantly chanting "I am the leaf in the wind" in binary.

How I would do that is tell my players to go on a snack run/cigarette break, and draw like three or four sheets covered in tunnels. As they move through them, put one not in use in front of them at a new angle to make it semi fresh, while also sometimes drawing on newly blocked pathways or rubbing out walls.

Navigate/Pilot roles for direction to see if their going in the right way.

The map would move under them, not them on it with all the others moving in relation to them, like a large scale Mad Max game at Salute this year (it's assumed all the vehicles are going a base speed, you only move forward on the road if you go faster.)

This would allow for them to speed p to avoid, slow down to confuse, turn to open up shots of pursuers making it a more interesting thing for the whole party.

still better than your homebrew regiment

1. Talk to your GM
2. Do the in game footwork to locate one. Req tests do not replace the effort needed to find something, only the monetary component of purchasing it.
Dumbass.

>uses graph paper and pencils...and imagination
I love you, user!