Age of Sigmar General ! /aos/

What are Tzaangors for ? Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/vv6y7fLu

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread: >Freshest Rules in Epub (Use READIUM for PC or KOBO on Android)
mega:///#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!C0Z2nZyQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ocX6TzX-e9o
ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Tomb-Kings-Necrosphinx-Khemrian-Warsphinx-Age-of-Sigmar-NEW-/201764624107?roken=cUgayN&soutkn=6MrEdg
ageofwargamers.com/p/age-of-sigmar-unit-cards.html
mega.nz/#F!hEUhGZAD!Mqx_Xc2wNqdnLwVMMvijxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This thread is now property of Chaos Dorfs

Kroak

Wall

etc.

can you put a trigger warning on that shit?

we have some sensitive people in these threads that cant handle seeing kurnoth scythes

Do you want to buy a grand alliance book, tear out the pages, scan them, collect the scans, and then put your book back together?

Battletomes have digital copies. GA books are only physical.

Talking about shitpost, its done.
Just need a coffee drinking khorne guy or something.

Couldn't fit everything, and its V1.0 so it'll probably change.
You could fill 1 bingo with just comment about waagfac.
Lets see how many box we tick in this thread.

Why would you put scythe if you have only 3 Kurnoth ? you dont have any range bonus ffs

>kroak didnt make the list

just as he foresaw...

You mean fantasy Squats? Cos chaos dorfs are about as relevant

Do our glorious masters the Chaos Dwarfs not have points values? I was looking into getting them but I don't see any in the compendium section in the back of GHB.

theyre on the forgeworld website

Nvm found them on FW site, I'm retarded.

They are available for free on FW website. Ill add it in the OP.

Be careful they play VERY different from 8th. They are a horde army now.
Like field 5 deathshrieker and 40 dwarf + 2 squads of bull centaur in 2k kind of horde..

Shit posting you say?

>Summoner
>Bird mooks
>Buffed up animal bird mooks
>Roided up musclebound wizard

That's it for arcanites?

presumably the ogroids and armored tzeentch minotaurs

woh those are a thing?

we well see next week i guess

It's okay I'm new to the hobby anyway so I have no basis for comparison. I just like the look of them and the concept of evil demon dwarfs.

Also looking at Fimir, seem cool. I remember having the plastic ones from HeroQuest, but the FW ones look way cooler.

>tfw they removed the rape lore they had

Shame

whats a good glaze for the magical blue effect?

I use ice blue for the sylvaneth weapons and some white edging. any tips?

youtu.be/ocX6TzX-e9o

I rip off all this guys shit, people think I am good painter.

Except his Dryad guide. His Dryad guide is terrible. Well, the last drybrush is at least.

Does anyone have any new in box tomb kings they are looking to sell?

but why is fielding a strong list bad? that DOES feel like someone being bad at games

>tfw you want to make a fimir army
>tfw there's really only one unit
>tfw fimir are so obscure you know even chaos dorfs will get a warscroll before them

why even cyclops rape things?

Leaders
Settra The Imperishable (360)
- General
Liche Priest (120)
Liche Priest (120)

Units
Skeleton Chariots x 3 (140)
- Battleline
- Battleline
- Battleline
Necropolis Knights x 6 (320)
Tomb Scorpions x 1 (80)

Behemoths
Khemrian Warsphinx (280)
Khemrian Warsphinx (280)

Total: 1980/2000

does this list look ok?

Aaaand we're off!

it isnt.
But this came from someone saying "I'm not a waacfag" while trying to field Kroak and balewind for a casual game.

they already have a warscroll. And if you dont want them to end up like Chaos dwarf you better buy them because they only expand something if it sell good.

You missed
>game has no tactics
or
>pile in the middle and roll 3+ to win the game

what the fuck people are really trying to sell warsphinx's for 300 dollars on ebay fuck you gw you stupid faggot fucks.

have they said they are going to re-release tomb kings ? every defender in the AoS microcephaly marine edition keeps saying nothing is squatted and it will come out again but there's been absolutely no proof

I meant new ones aside from the Warriors, but point taken.

Time to go buy a bunch of one-eyed monsters!

What should we do instead?

BUY A RECAST RETARD

>AoS microcephaly marine edition
I laughed

Have you tried running this list?

Too many chariots. I know that sounds weird but it's true. With 6 Necropolis Knights and 9 chariots you will have a hard time getting enough surface area to get melee attacks off.

You need a Tomb Herald that stays near Settra and prevent him from being sniped, and to ressurect more skelets.

Two sphinxes is usually overkill. I also usually prefer the Royal Warsphinx because the command ability makes Necropolis Knights do mortal wounds on 4+. It also has the Hero keyword so you can give it some ridiculous artifacts like the Tomb Blade or the Book of Shadows.

I would do this:
-1 Skeleton Chariot (140)
-2 Warsphinx (560)
+10 Skeletons (80)
+1 Royal Warsphinx (340)
+1 Bone Giant (200)
+1 Necrotect (100)

Puts you at 2000 exactly.

you stupid deceiving faggots " oh tomb kings will be REALLY CHEAP to get into now! everyone will dump their army on ebay"

i hope you all choke to death on your giant ugly playmobile quasi space marines

ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Tomb-Kings-Necrosphinx-Khemrian-Warsphinx-Age-of-Sigmar-NEW-/201764624107?roken=cUgayN&soutkn=6MrEdg

Be neater and use a less contrasting colour I guess?

I mean, I mostly layered mine after a light drybrush, but for some reason Duncans one just turns out looking horrible for some reason. It just looks so messy.

who the fuck are you mad at? this isnt your personal blog

once they do another balance pass on the game and bring into line the currently overly strong tomb king lists you'll see the floor drop out from under those miniature prices.

The only reason anyone even wants to play tomb kings is because of the units / combos of tomb kings that make them unfairly powerful.

with a rebalance with the new generals handbook I bet that all those people who blew their cash wad on tomb kings will be kicking their own balls because of how shortsighted they were.

>The only reason anyone even wants to play tomb kings is because of the units / combos of tomb kings that make them unfairly powerful.
Necropolis Knights are the best unit and they are a rend 1 attack.

Tomb Kings are fine, git gud

What are you on about ?

>(insert any OP army ever) are fine, git gud

lol you are a meme

I dont like his dryads either, I prefer a more tree like darker brown.

>smile
>charming attitude
>accent
>non elitist attitude to help pull in the normies
>That skill

How does he do it?

4500 British pound/month

are you fucking shitting me?

you. now lets push in our bad dragon dildos and paint or fuckawesome StormBringerss of LightningCasters and Dino Dicks.

Wow calm down friendo.
Remember, it's only a game.

It's in the previous thread friendo, good luck.

thanks

If you think TK are overpowered then you should stop playing khorne bloodbound

I have no wargaming experience. I'm drawn to Nurgle but hear he's slow as shit and can't kill anything.

Whats better for a beginner; Nurgle (mortal or daemons), skeletons, or ghosts?

Rule of cool my friend. Pick what looks coolest to you.

Man, the last big Tournament as been win by nurgle list went as follow from memory

Guo
Guo
Herald of nurgle

Bataillon tallyband of nurgle

10 plaguebearers
10 plaguebearers
20 plaguebearers

6Drones
6Drones

guys went 9-0 by moving forward

If I had enough cash I'd go Nurgle, but building a decent 1000pt army, that can kill things, for him seems real expensive.

Don't even worry about killing things user. Rule of Cool. You need to factor in that there is also some luck that goes into this game, so you could have the best damn army in the world and still lose because of shit rolls.

What's the best sized Round base for a Chaos Hellcannon? I am trying to figure out what all I need should I buy one off of ebay.

Posting this again in case anyone wants it and hoping to trigger the math challenged lurkers some more.

fill out a blank sheet like the picture and paste the following into cell K12:

=((1/(1-(MAX(IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6),IF(F12"",IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6)+((1-IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6))*IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6)),IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6)),(IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6)+((1-IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6))*IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,G12/(6-(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))))*IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6))))+((1-MAX(IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6),IF(F12"",IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6)+((1-IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6))*IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6)),IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6)),(IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6)+((1-IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6))*IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,G12/(6-(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))))*IF(IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12)="",0,(7-IF(OR(D12+I12>6,D12=""),"",D12+I12))/6)))))*IF(E12="",0,(7-E12)/6))))*IF(H12="",1,2))*C12)/(A12/B12)

now you can analyze the relative durability of your units.

carnosaur/treeman base

I played Empire in 7th for a small bit, holy order of the steam tank. I haven't played AOS yet but am contemplating a Free People Gunline.

-Is the Hurricanum a must-have for such a list, for the extra accuracy on handgunners?
-What's a good ratio of handgunners to chaff freeguard/outriders?
-What are normal pitfalls I should be prepared to handle?
-What is the best way to defend against weapons that do a number of hits based on unit size (stone throwers, etc)? I'm not seeing any real difference in spreading out versus running the shooty guys in compact blocks, other than defending vs multi-assaults, etc.

One thing that does look cool is the permissive formations and LOS could let me do stuff like running hollow infantry squares, if I really want to get Napoleonic on stuff.

>-Is the Hurricanum a must-have for such a list, for the extra accuracy on handgunners?
Yes

-What's a good ratio of handgunners to chaff freeguard/outriders?
You need enough infantry to stop melee for 2 battle rounds so you can get 3 rounds of shooting. That's tough to do because free peoples have bad saves, low wounds, and bad bravery.
Outriders are for killing wizards, artillery crew, and capturing objectives.

>-What are normal pitfalls I should be prepared to handle?
Fast armies, or anyone that can deep strike. Also shooting armies. Also 2+ rerollable saves. Also units that ignore Rend-1. Also units that deal damage based on the number of models in your unit.
You are also very susceptible to battleshock tests because freeguild have garbage bravery.

>-What is the best way to defend against weapons that do a number of hits based on unit size (stone throwers, etc)? I'm not seeing any real difference in spreading out versus running the shooty guys in compact blocks, other than defending vs multi-assaults, etc.
Use smaller units or focus fire.
Those units exist to counter big swarms of infantry, you need to identify them and destroy them before they can reach you.

Thanks. I'd imagine that the "cheapest squad possible" is ideal for delaying melee, no? After all, if an opponent wants to get in melee, and gets 20 or so attacks, throwing 20 models in front may well be 5, due to said Battleshock.

How valid is MSU for AOS anyway? On one hand, the ability to target multiple units makes it dramatically different from the older Warhammer games while bonuses based on unit size are another thing. On the other hand, Battleshock and pseudo-aoe are things.

Are there any notable units/tricks that let you do move-shoot-move in this game?

>ideal for delaying melee, no?
correct. if running a "gun line" you need speed bumps, preferably multiple layers of speed bumps.

>How valid is MSU
its usually preferable for maneuverability and helping to contain overkill. related to first question.

>move-shoot-move
from memory tomb kings light cavalry can choose to shoot in the charge phase and move in the charge phase if they want. High elf light cavalry can do the same too I believe.

Do report back with your findings, as I want you to succeed in your quest for a TK army

Here's an update just for you user

I have been spending a lot of time putting together metal models, which has not been fun.

I also finished the bone giant, made a custom base for a tomb scorpion, and have nearly finished the warsphinx - haven't decided what riders to put in it yet. The red and gold clashes with the jade skin but ties it in with the rest of my army, so I'm not sure if I like it or not yet. Trying to find the right mix of gold bits and red bits; it's an ongoing process.

im ready to solve the puzzle. the tomb kings painter who lurks this board is none other than Tom who goes on Vince's weekly show.

we also got guys from miniwargaming and GW regularly shitposting on the AoSg.
most of the AoS "bubble" on youtube read or post here

Talon or Blade for Soul Grinders?
I'm guessing it's a similar argument for the Kurnoth Hunters' weapon choice

I've never heard of either of these people

Is warhammer weekly worth watching/listening?

MWG posts here!?!?
What!
Quirk- you fucking suck.
Josh- you also suck at every game you play
Steve- fucking WAAC.

>Got gore chosen, silver tower and spire of dawn
>Nobody to play with within two hours travel

Plastics a hell of a drug

Dave is the best MWG

if you are that nurgle guy go with the -2 rend as nothing in your list have -2rend.

either they come back or they have to invent at least 2 other factions for death...

i got pulled back in
>John Wick

I honest to god believe that TK was discontinued because you can't copyright egyptian shit and they were legit egyptian everything. If we see Tomb Kings return, it'll be drastically different I believe. Like, same overall leaders, but new sort of armor and stuff that is Egyptian inspired, but no where near looking like it was.

Make my Plague Monks w/ 2x Blades or Blade and Staff?

I have 40 of them.

2x blades is mathematically better, even with glottkin, iirc

what does waac mean? i cant figure it out

Win At All Crabs

To the resident seraphon player, is the carnival worth it? I have an sc box with magnetized carno rider, kit bashed skink priest and a bastiladon. All the units have done fairly well, the bastiladon being incredible, except the carnosaur. His command ability is meh, he always gets tied up in Shit units that he can't kill because crap rend and eventually dies once anything big comes in to swing. It's such a dope model but it's results have been so lackluster it's upsetting

>Be Me
>Live in Austin Texas
>Home of one of the best gaming stores in the country.
>Can play 40k and/or AoS
>Have full unassembled armies for both systems.
>Can't decide which one to build first.

What do?

Quit being a bitch and just build one.

carnival ?

What are you charging with your canosaur ? how does he end up combocharged and glued somewhere when he have a 10" move ?

Do you have a battle report to show us ?

>how geeee i dont know if i should spend 5 hours completing this army or this army .
>I guess i will lose a week deciding what to do

The carnosaur isn't TOPTIER Rank S++ but i dont get how he "always gets tied up in Shit units that he can't kill because crap rend"
Do you have any example ? i dont see any "shit unit" that need rend to go through let alone "shit unit" that are fast enough and numerous enough to catch a carnosaur,

Something like 6 Thread ago there was a guy dead set on the cog-thing of the rumour engine being Steamhead Duardin.

I just found an "old" screenshot on a dwarf forum.
this guy, wherever he is now, might be true after all.

What do you guys use to have the rules/warscrolls close during games?
You bought the books or use a tablet?

I use unit cards. No need to open books or tablet to check unit information.

Link to those: ageofwargamers.com/p/age-of-sigmar-unit-cards.html

I'll use my last game as an example, playing 1k points vs KBB

>take first turn, move carno to opposite side of deadly terrain, using it to screen against charges
>aiming for his chaos warshrine
>flank carnosaur with knights
>advance warriors to objective
>stegadon Plays midfield, bringing down the bloodsecrator
>his turn
>warshrine up ten bloodwarriors
>whip them
>blood warriors haul ass towards carno
>need an 8 charge, 5 thanks to whip
>valkia the bloody right behind
>blood warriors make the charge on a roll of 8, avoid deadly terrain
>valkia fails
>carnosaur takes 3 wounds from bloodwarriors
>swings back, 1 damage after everything
>lose initiative
>valkia makes charge
>bloodwarriors and valkia bring carnosaur down with minimal casualties

I try to play him as a monster hunter, having him hunt all the big baddies on the board. But he under performs against the Shit battleline screen that catches him and takes too many wounds or just dies before he can retreat or be reinforced.

Am I playing him wrong? Should he not be a roaming hunter?

mega.nz/#F!hEUhGZAD!Mqx_Xc2wNqdnLwVMMvijxg

Yes brother, for the Dawi Zharr, for Hashut!

>Dave
Dave is the fucking worst of them all.

Good for him, he's earned it.

Biggest mistake here is you let a WOMBO COMBO throw down on your one monster.

Best way to support him is to have a screen unit there to take charges or even better, have a second charger unit able to run in and eat up those support units like Whipman and Bloodman.

Good god those look hideous,

>item that people will want to print out in bulk
>put coloured background on every single card
For what purpose.