Warhammer 40k General

casually suggesting abhumans for guard players edition.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Because I was making a thread and somehow I ended up making it within seconds of another person.

Second for Dark Eldar gunboat spam being viable

Contenued from last threads last thread

Quick guardsmen anons, name 3 or more ideas for toughness models that don't involve a guardsmen ridding a bike or animal that could move 12"s to help with guards shitty mobility, go!

Can I get some links to these supposed leaks for fall of cadia?

>I have a cigar chomping friend who says he will take whatever tactical advantage he can get at this point

> Deep striking guard.. AKA just run Elysian Drop Troops
> Xeno Cavalry
> MAN CANNON

Why not just load up your guardsmen in a man-cannon equipped tank, and shoot them across the battlefield?

Guard thread? I say this day will be a glorious day for the mighty Hammer of The God-Emperor!!!
Also post your dudes anons. That's fun.

I just have my kill-team roster right now.

Yes this general has been claimed by the sledgehammer of the imperium, 13-0 vs the chaos legions, u mad Abby?

Posted my mans when I posted about my apoc game but I'll post it again, I've made tons of progress since this pic was taken and should have a fully painted army to show off in a couple weeks

Sadly i think those bases really let this army down.
Also fucking post in the other thread.

Tell me your secrets

What would you suggest for bases. I just did Ironcrust because I was inspired by that one planet in that Starship Troopers movie. That's also where I got the color scheme for my lads.

YO HELP ME OUT /40kg/

I want a short campaign for two players, consecutive scenarios work too

I play Orkz and my buddy plays Muhrines

Any suggestions?

GW just released a new campaign book--Planetstrike, iirc. It's useful for long narratives with multiple encounters. Remember to use the Space 0din codex if you want to have fun, famalam.

So I got a question. I wanna roll cotez Touqmada as my HQ for my IA army.

Do inquisition units suffer on all doubles when you pick Daemonology? Or are they treated as grey knights ?

Unless explicitly stated, like Grey Knights, they roll doubles on Daemonology. Of course, Grey Knights are limited to Sanctic just as Daemons are limited to Malefic. Everyone else suffers perils on dubs.

Ahhh okay. I just wasn't sure where the inquisition stood as far as that went.

I mean for my Ordo Xeno inquisitor I always get prescience for the conversion beam.

I was just looking to explore Daemonology with Touqmada. Guess I better not...

If you're willing to risk it, go ahead. There's nothing stopping you, just more risk.

But is vortex of doom worth it...if I can even roll it...

I mean I had the one game where I had my run of the mill inquisitor roll it a few years back....vortex flew back and killed him.
Great fun.

I still won.

i've only seen vortex of doom used once this year, grey knight warlord libby failed to cast it and actually killed himself through perils by turn 2

It's the worst feeling.

Least my vortex got a couple kills before it flew back in my face...

no, worse is getting -1 invuls when you're about to launch your best assault with your new favorite unit. more so when you had 2+ invul on that exalted seeker chariot with herald the turn before

Jesus man.

I'll get the pyre going.

it's okay, with incursion now my chariots run over dreadnoughts like nobody's business

Doom vortexes are the best. Had a Big Mek shoot one at a commissar and his squad.
Wiped them from the map and rolled around his side of the table.

Only thing would be planet take over.
Like another user suggests, Planetstrike is good for such a thing.
My idea for a good little campaign for me and my friend who played IG and Marines is have a small space battle with Zone of Mortalus rules and have the objective to kill the captain of the ship as orks. Every player turn the ship shakes or something else can happen to make it dangerous to fight on the ship.

Then you kinda add ideas from there, if orks win then they can have certain amount of units deep strike in or have an orbital bombardment. Or have the Imperials get an OB and other things for Planet Strike.

With the marines, have them hold more chokeholds or city battles, small skirmishes can escalate into a bit defend a beacon or space port for either side to see who wins the planet.

>he playing most irrelevant army

Age of the Emperor coming soon in your flgs.

Well I guess it's time to give X-wing a chance.

Just wondering, is there a limit to how many cadre firebldes I could attach to one squad of firewarriors? Im new to 40k and getting one squad to put a silly amount of shots out is one of my personal goals just for fun

also wondering what I should pick up next for my first army, so far I have;
>3 firewarrior teams
>3 stealth suits
>3 crisis suit
>1 hammerhead
>2 fireblades
>1 ethereal

What powers does Khorne give? Does he literally just make you angry?

Strength and martial prowess, mostly. Some form of resistance against psykers might also be in the cards.

Khorne grants boons just like other gods. The anger is usually that of the user, and you don't need to be angry to spill blood in Khorne's name but it helps. Otherwise, the regular tokens chaos hands out for catching Khorne's eye like a Flaming Axe, a collar that tells nerd powers to fuck off, or a mention in the company Christmas card.

Khorne doesn't really care about how angry you are, only that you spill blood. Space Marines, with their enhanced physiology and mental fuckery, can get really angry, bonus points for Butcher's Nails, which certainly help them become more mindlessly devoted to the mindless slaughter. A mere mortal would have to be exceptionally skilled to meet the kinds of slaughter standards a CSM could dish out, though, so most of Khorne's champions are going to be big, beefy space marines.

Can a loyalist terminator with cyclone missiles fire his storm bolter and missiles in the same turn?

this a good start? figure it could go either IF or WS when i expand it

No, regular faggot Terminators are limited to one gun per turn just like regular power armor marines, unless you have something special that says otherwise.

Wait nevermind I think the CML has a special rule saying it can be fired with the Storm Bolter? I'm not sure though.

where my leviathan bro's at, just got mine painted

after last thread's bitching about forgeworld models im wondering now if this thing is too op on tabletop for my local group or not

Its not OP but its definitely strong. An army with grav or haywire would easily murder it though.

Leviathans are priced just right. They're sturdier than most Dreadnoughts but they're still a walker that's easy to kill with anti-vehicle weapons, and they do massive damage but must either swap all arms to short ranged, expensive guns, or get into melee and probably get killed by its target as well.

It's the least OP big unit. Imperial Knights, Magnus, Riptides, Stormsurges, Wraithknights are all more OP.

>Don't talk to me or my battle brother ever again

Found it:
"A Terminator can fire his cyclone missile launcher in addition to his storm bolter." From Marines the rulebook.

Using the storm cannon doesn't make much sense to me. You have to charge whenever you're able and you lose an attack so the cannon becomes more of a hindrance, especially for 20 points.
But that's just me.

Sweet-Spot units, ohhh how I love those. Would Crisis suits be counted among them? What makes a great balanced unit that's just right for points, has some strengths, and some equal weaknesses?

>red themed Astral Claws with wolf bits

WOT'Z ALL DIS DEN

No crisis suits are jet pack units; so they can just jump out of sight after shooting or jet pack away from the melee unit that was about to turn them into paste. Really jet pack as a unit type needs to be reworked to be less retardedly strong.

Magnetized the arms, I'm planning on fielding it with two claws but got the storm cannon because I love how it looks

Crisis Suits are slightly above average. If they didn't belong to the Tau codex they'd be about right.

Wraithlords

I currently play a Veteran squad heavy Imperial Guard army, using the Cadian supplement. With the Fall of Cadia coming up, one of the chaos players (Khorne aligned) believes I should slowly have my Regiment fall to chaos.

Should I give in to the lure of Chaos or should I continue to defend the empire that allowed my homeworld to fall?

No ObjSec, no markerlights, no non-weapon hardpoints, no HQ deathstar style deep striking

Tempestus Sentinels: Armored Jetpack Sentinels armed with Hotshot Multilasers. You know you want them.
Stormgryns: A Bullgryn variant armed with excessively risky Jump Packs and dual Grenade Gauntlets with underslung Powerblades. You know you want them.
Combat engineering teams that infiltrate, and in any turn where the entire unit starts in a piece of area terrain, they may fortify it to make it count as +1 cover, and infantry units don't have to take Difficult Terrain tests inside it. You know you want them.

That's a great pose but the base seems too tiny.
I love how the Leviathan is so perfect to make charging into battle, there just something about the BIG MEATY CLAWS

>it took Eldar to get to 7E levels for Wraithlords to be balanced

I think the fact that the WL is no longer a bad unit shows just how OP 7E Eldar are. Even in 6E, WLs were shit terrible.

well shit I guess it came with the wrong base size

what size base should I have gotten i might have a spare lying around

Hey Veeky Forums my older brother and I are going to have a small 1200 point battle over the weekend.

He's bringing guard

Only thing I know about his list so far is his three standard Leeman russ

A Valk and two platoons

I'm looking to throw my Imperial agents with death watch against him.

Any tips?

I know all his lists are fluffy for his regiment.

Cqc urban warfare is his theme.

>pictured is a Space Wolf bully shoving a Thousand Sons nerd after the latter refused to hand over his lunch money

Its like an 80mm or something, it's enormous

I've always loved the look of Wraithlords.

Even the old metal ones are still charming.
I have to finish my one that's wielding a wraithknight sword

Wraithlords were passable in 4th and early 5th, before Venomspam became a thing. You could pay 120 points for it to have a Shuricannon and Scatter Laser, and it was S10. The Wraithsight was fairly easy to avoid too.

With Psychic Shriek, Grav and Venoms, is there anything I'm missing about it suddenly being usable?

Can chaos use contemptor dreads in 40k, or no. I know they added them to marines in 7th.

They should have rules for them. CSM don't have rules in-Codex yet, but Forge World definitely has CSM Contemptors listed in one of their books.

Believe the Traitor Legions lets them use contemptors.

how about how it's not a wraithknight? that has to count for something

I don't play at a 1k so I don't know what you should be expecting that that level, but try upgrading the dread to an ironclad if at all possible. Drop 2 bikes to do it, since your Captain is more than capable to tank for that bike squad, and then if you have points left over, sprinkle some combi-weapons in your tactical squads and you're pretty much golden.

How does the Reject the Flesh rule work with a single independent character btw, does the character himself benefit the +1 fnp from it?

Hey folks, my Sgt. Telion figure came in and I managed to remove the Ultrasmurf symbols with a hobby knife. Mangled my thumb a bit, but it was a success. Working on assembling my Cent Devs now. May Dorn fortify this thread!

If you have the cash, the Tau Battleforce looked really good for the savings and none of the models are bad IIRC.

Should I bother magnetizing my storm talon to possibly make it a stormhawk? Or will I realistically never use it?

Glad to hear you managed to de-smurf your Telion. And sorry about your finger, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Nope

Imperial Armor 13 has chaos Contemptors

Now that you mention it, I do recall the advice to cut away

Boy that Telion guy sure gets around.

So you cant use it in a straight traitor legion list. Or the terminators from betraiyl at calth? Thats stupid.

You can use it in a TL CAD, but no formations.

You could as long as you take a CAD.

Oh man those are hot - I exclaimed that aloud when I opened the image.

Email forgeworld about it. Their standard response is that all of their "Dreadnoughts" count as dreadnoughts for formations. Same deal with how you can use Badab War Characters/Chapters in a gladius if their unit type matches up the formation. IE: Captain Tarnus Vale is a captain, and Sevrin Loth is a Librarian.

I've been taking my Leviathan in a gladius quite often. Although his Age of Darkness rule explicitly prevents him from ever claiming the benefits of whatever formation you stick him in. So he gets to be the only model in my entire army that doesn't get a free drop pod.

Yeah, those bases burn my eyes.

You could keep the material there, just strip the paint and re-prime the whole model. You could then repaint the base whatever color (slate gray, basalt black, white-and-brown marble), and redo the model colors to match.

Fugg you.

>No U

I'm looking likely to split a Dark Vengeance box with a mate, as our entry into the hobby.

Is this gonna be a terrible idea I regret? He seems more interested in the painting, but I'm keen to see the actual game.

which side are you getting?

It's heresy, and I know, but I've stopped using basic black bases and expecting to base every model, and now just use transparent lasercut plastic bases in the right base size to base my models, either using pinning, canopy glue, or both to fit the model to the base.

Makes the models seem a bit more... Tactical overviewed? Like the player is a commander looking at a digital readout of the battlefield, their own models having a circular base in a certain color, kind of like an RTS. It also looks clean and can reveal more of whatever terrain texture is underneath the base, so I don't have to worry about why all my models are walking on patchy, green grass and dirty in the cramped corridors of a spaceship during a boarding action.

>Using clear plastic as bases

That's ingenious

you have any pics? sounds cool in theory

Not sure. We only started talking about it today.

I figured I'd let him pick. Kind of hoping Spess Mehreen, but not fussed.

ah, I have no idea then. I like the CSM half just because of the cultist

if you don't get spessmen, get the traitor legions codex

adds a bunch of viable, fun armies (for "viable", look more towards death guard, alpha legion, world eaters, and emperors children, and completely ignore thousand sons unless you're shelling out for magnus and tzaangors) with cool fluff, entertaining, unique rules, nice paint schemes, and all around excellent content.

Okay so warhammer 40k becomes balanced what do we bitch about now?

>Not including Word Bearers in viable

ez

claim black library sucks and gw is overpriced

both of which are true

No pictures as of yet, my AdMech Kill Team was stripped and is being repainted, removed from their bases for a time, and my Harlequins are getting some purple ones.

Still, let's see what I can make of it with what I have that's actually assembled. Sorry this dude is unpainted, but I grabbed the most whole model I had on my table. Also note there's more and better colors than this. I thought this batch would be more yellow than orange, so I might trade them out later.

How does clear work? That'd probably be the obvious one, since it'd just look like it's your model on whatever terrain or table you're playing.

I do like that look.

I figure a good color for the base can help compliment or contrast a good paintjob as well, although you'd have to paint the model off the base because you can't base over any paint that gets on the acrylic base.

I want to see this actually

I'm still looking for some good battle reports with the new Thousand Sons. I've only found a couple, so far. Are they really as bad as people are saying?