/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

>Latest News
I got laid two days ago
Paladin UA is out! dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/paladin-sacred-oaths/
Be sure to fill out the survey on Monks
sgiz.mobi/s3/a6ca24df7196

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5emegaanon's super useful tools, check 'em out if you haven't yet.
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DN9DW4rrEjY
dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/paladin-sacred-oaths/
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck
forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tavis_Burdun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for timestop is a shit spell

QUESTION SINCE OP IS A FAG

What is your favorite power source for a villain/BBEG? Study, inner strength, sheer amounts of fucks not given?

Strahd is nearly always referred to as the Devil, what would Asmodeus think of that shitstain?

>QUESTION SINCE OP IS A FAG
No I'm not
ur tho

You're a shit spell.

Vanity

youtube.com/watch?v=DN9DW4rrEjY

OP is always a faggot unless he is not.

Man, these Volo's guide races are giving me a headache. I can't seem to make them fit into the classes I want.

Not him but that's not a good comeback you three-chinned autistic piece of shit, you forgot a fucking question you chucklefuck.

Repoastan here. tl;dr i'm going for a tank/team support paladin and don't know which Oath to pick. One user said Crown is really good, another said it's really weak.

NEW OP NEW OP NEW MIDPAGE OP

Question of the Thread: What is your favorite PC race from Volo's new book, and why?

Thread Essay Question: Please describe the causes of the War of 1812, and describe the various factions that fought within the war. Compare and contrast the War of 1812 and the American Revolutionary War.

>Latest News
I got laid two days ago
Paladin UA is out! dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/paladin-sacred-oaths/

pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server

>I got laid two days ago
Did you like it?

eww no

ANCIENT
ALIEN
TECHNOLOGY

Nah, no one would want to lie with that colossal turbotard.

>Thread Essay Question: Please describe the causes of the War of 1812, and describe the various factions that fought within the war. Compare and contrast the War of 1812 and the American Revolutionary War.
Are you purposely being a shitstain?

>Are you purposely being a shitstain?
NO
MAYBE

Should I remake it again?

Was it pleasant? Was he or she pretty cute, or so-so?

And is Spiritual Guardians as awesome as it sounds?

Fuck off.

I can tell the story. It would require a vocaroo but it's quite a story, I assure you.

Spirit Guardians is as awesome as it sounds. I like to fluff it as my character going super saiya-jin.

Study and Evil Patrons

Awww MeanGuy had a bad Chwistmas
I'll be praying for you

The easiest answer is that it doesn't really matter, and you should pick whatever you like best/best represents your character/idea or whatever

The better answer is that it doesn't Really matter until 7th level with the Aura or aura equivilent. That basically means your options are Ancients and Crown and what's better for your party can vary based on number, composition, or how often you expect to find enemy spellcasters

They could date. It would be pretty cute.

Favorite race is Firbolg

idk sounds gay

This thread is gay friendly. Welcome

I caught up with lots of friends and drank too much, but sure, whatever helps your delusion.

Why you so angry tho?

Why are you a being a little shit for no reason.

I'm not

Crown is an okay oath that deals less damage, but for the level you are going for it is 100% the best "tanking" oath.
All of its oath abilities is about getting hit and preventing everyone else from being hit.
It is also an amazing oath at level 9 because of spirit guardians alone.
You will be more annoying to hit as a conquest and deal more damage as a devotion/vengeance, but your ability to control the battlefield as crown is great.

>getting called out for starting a shit thread
>having a weak comeback
>including shit in a mid thread op, turr-durr I'm so randumb
>generally acting like an annoyance

yea kys your self, OP

NEW NEW OP - Getting It Just Right Edition

Question of the Thread: Did you play any 5e over your Christmas break? Did your games incorporate any Christmas themes? MeanGuy is a nigger fucking faggot bitch.

>Latest News

pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server

Hey Veeky Forums
I'm currently overthinking the backstory of my Tiefling Paladin. Out of curiosity, how long would one have to train/be a squire to become a level 1 Paladin?

Hahaha, you've only revealed yourself as a little shitstain punk ass bitch.
Cry harder, emo kid.

Puberty to age 18

I am actually crying right now

Anyone got firbolg character art? Apart from the one in the book I can't find shit.

They seem to be humanish in past editions

forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tavis_Burdun

Maybe just use bugbear art?

bit too monstrous for a race that is supposed to be friendly forest dudes

You wish you've had sex.

I use this art for Firbolg druid

until your lord stops fucking your ass because you have too much beard hair and are no longer cute

>tfw your firbolg waifu wn use herbs and poultices to cure you ED

This, this is good. Moar.

>find wood elf
>edit out ears
>Firbolg.exe

Why is the Nature domain so fucking poorly designed? Who was the fucking genius that thought giving a Cleric both heavy armor proficiency and barkskin as a domain spell was a good idea? Jesus fuck those domain spells are fucking awful.

One of my players (being a big ol days) wants to play a pixie, and asked if I would homebrew one together, because I said if anyone wants homebrew it would have to be either reviewed or made by me.

I'm not a fan of a flying race, but given different stats to the pixie in the MM, would a hovering PC be tolerable? Able to fly over pits maybe, but any decent amoubt of height and the winds become too strong for tiny ass wings, so a flight speed of 25-30 but with a limited height of say 20 feet?

For stats I was thinking along the lines of the volos guide races, and giving maybe 2 Dex, 1 cha and -2 STR?
Probably unable to wear any armour (would be too heavy to allow flight) but due to small size probably give them 13+Dex AC.
Being tiny they would be even more limited than small races. I was thinking maybe allowing them to two hand small weapons, and maybe making a pixie bow 1d4, though they want to play a warlock so that's not too important. Just picturing them holding a dagger like a two handed weapon.
Probably some innate spell casting, druid craft at will, maybe sleep, invisibility at 3 once a day each.
Maybe the elves thing that gives resist to charm and immunity to sleep spells.

Does that sound okay?

You cast barkskin on someone else.

Paladin 1 is a squire isn't it? It isn't until level 3 when you take up your oath and become a real paladin.

>Strange smells in my forest... who goes there?

Okay so what the fuck are Firbolg supposed to actually look like? The only consistent imagery I can find is they're kinda big and tend to have red hair.

But sometimes they're white, freckly nords and other times they're blue-grey and fresh from a punch to the nose.

Oh and I told the player that i would be giving disadvantage on alot of things, namely just about every strength save/check, which he said he was okay with

>Probably some innate spell casting, druid craft at will, maybe sleep, invisibility at 3 once a day each.
>Maybe the elves thing that gives resist to charm and immunity to sleep spells.
These are fine, but I'd counterbalance it with some flaws related to being so much smaller.

Maybe reduce their hit dice by 1 step, and give them disadvantage in strength checks (as occurs in creatures reduced in size via the Enlarge/Reduce spell).

I did think of reducing hit dice, but I didn't want to mess with the class stats too much. And disadvantage on strength is pretty much given. As an addition, because losing that much HP seems like a big deal, maybe adding in stealth in other players squares like halflings as well?

Its because its one of the many things D&D takes the name from something then makes it fairly different and so you end up with them being portrayed as everything in between.

Their appearance changes from edition to edition. I'd say younger Firbolg look more like humans, but older ones begin to appear more "monstrous" and they eventually retreat into the woods. Make then fey-touched humans perhaps? You'd have to extend their lifespan, maybe tie their lifespan to the place where they were born? If their homewood gets cut down or burned they die? That would be a good reason to adventure, to protect the woods, and they would be natural members of the Emerald Enclave. I dunno just trying to flesh them out a bit and explain the differences.

>As an addition, because losing that much HP seems like a big deal, maybe adding in stealth in other players squares like halflings as well?
That sounds fine, and would make sense.

Since this is a one-off for your PC, it's fine to load them up with this many special traits, but make sure they remember all of it.

grats on getting laid OP

Instead of reducing hit dice, it would be about the same to reduce con by 2 instead of STR, still on average 1 HP per level less, and doesn't mess with what classes are supposed to have. Disadvantage on everything strength and The weapon limitation is good enough to replace -2 str

The built in disadvantage is pretty redundant, since they're going to have it from being a Tiny race anyway. They might be able to grapple a Halfling but that's about it.

Flight speed with a limited height is good, maybe with a built in glide as well.

The most important thing to remember with 5E race design is that it's all about the benefits and not so much on the penalties. Instead of finangling with all of the details, try and refine it to the most definitive pixie features.

And those features can be redefined if they seem to powerful, see also your thought with flight.
I'd try something like a passive dim-light in a 5 foot radius or something to help with the fact that they'd be killer in stealth.

Everything like armor and weapons can ultimately be solved via custom/magical equipment, so there isn't a huge point in making those limitations (aside from flight)

money and friendship

Passive light is a great idea, and the disadvantage would also be to strength saves and such IE avoiding being blown by a gust of wind, or checks like breaking open a door.

The weapon and armour thing is partly to give some bonus for being smol as fuck and hard to hit, and also similar to enlarge/reduce lowering damage by a die, picture a medium longsword being lowered to a D6 at small, and a d4 at tiny, essentially being a dagger at that point.

wtf I commissioned "Jennifer Connely, as an elf, on a toilet" and got this

I'm planning on make a piratey campaign with plenty of underwater combat, probably

how's the rules for that in 5e? never came up during our regular sessions.

wtf, I commissioned "the world's baddest motherfucking sun elf evoker" and got this

Maybe you should have been more specific.

Crap. Imagine the normal combat rules (crap) but with the possibility of some people being slower or faster. That's it.

wtf I commissioned "the most qt fem-dwarf fighter" and got this

lady standing on toilet must be high on pot

kek

You got a proper dwarf.

and we at fourtheditionx.com all laughing!

wtf I commissioned "th cutest possible halfling thief, w/ goggles" and got this

They're ancient Irishmen

>It'sJustTristana.png

Your fault for asking Veeky Forums instead of /a/.

wtf I commissioned "Jordynna Jonessar burning up a guard" and got this

>Spells known always available:
>sorcerer, bard, warlock
>Prepare from spells known:
>wizard, ranger
>Prepare from entire list:
>cleric, paladin

Did I get it right?

You can be a squire up to level 20.

It really depends on what your DM says would be the power levels of a squire, anyway.

Half-pixie, half... Something small.
So not tiny, but small instead. Smaller than a gnome or haflling, but not quite tiny.

+1 dex, +2 cha
Can wear armour if they fucking want, come on.
They have a flight ability. Their flying speed is equal to their walk speed. However, at the end of their turn, if they are mid-air, they fall - it's identical to eagle barbarian's flight. They can and will take fall damage from this.
Speed is 25ft.
Druid craft at will, sleep 1/day, invisibility 1/day as you said.
Resist to charm, immunity to sleep.
Can talk to small animals like a gnome can.

Something like that, anyway. That's how I'd design it.

Rangers also use memorized spells known.

Ramza was a squire and he killed a god

Rangers are part of the spells known, always available group. Also you left out druids, which are with Clerics and Paladins.

Spells known, always available:
>sorcerer, bard, warlock, ranger, arcane trickster, eldritch knight

Prepared from spellbook
>wizard

Prepared from entire list:
>cleric, paladin, druid

>book preparation, can add stuff to book
Wizard
>innately knows
EK, AT, Ranger, Bard, Warlock, Sorcerer
>prepare from entire list
Druid, Cleric, Paladin

... I think.

They look like demigiants in 5e, but originally they're Irishmen in mythology

>"I stole this for you, Master. I hope you like it..."
>hands you a bag of gold

What I'd like better is...(You)

>"Why are you looking at me like that, user? Don't you have hobbit females where you come from?"

Why is this thread always so cancerous?

Your homebrew is terrible for 5e.
Go back to 3.pf

>"Haha, he likes you, user!"