Allright Veeky Forums this dragon can ONLY be felled with a Nat 20. can you do it?

Allright Veeky Forums this dragon can ONLY be felled with a Nat 20. can you do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cyclops-helm
dokdorspace.com/dndtools/spells/complete-champion--57/surge-of-fortune--630/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rolled 18 (1d20)

E
PZ

Pathfinder to the rescue!

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cyclops-helm

Aura faint divination; CL 1st; Slot head; Price 5,600 gp; Weight 5 lbs.

DESCRIPTION
This helm is made from the husk of a cyclops's shrunken head, and grants a limited version of that creature’s flash of insight ability. Once per day as an immediate action, the wearer can choose the result of the die roll instead of rolling her next attack roll, saving throw, skill check, or ability check.

CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS
Feats Craft Wondrous Item; Spells true strike; Cost 2,800 gp

in overconfidence you strike! but miss the agile beast

well shit, do we have the spells and gp for that?

> Thinking that's a NAT 20

I sure hope you guys don't do this.

user, that's not a NATURAL 20.

who needs a nat 20 when u got dubs like these?

Luck feats.

Damn, I knew Pathfinder was gay as fuck, but this... This is wrong on a level I can't express with words.

Yeah well you can check my 20, stupid dragon.

Rolled 7 (1d20)

GEEEET FUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKED

Rolled 15 (1d20)

I cast Wish!

Rolled 19 (1d20)

Right ho, out of the way.

Rolled 12 (1d100)

DEUS VULT, WURM!

I only rolled to move the dragon, not fell it. My strength allows it. Now can I have the sword?

Rolled 14 (1d600)

How much preptime do I have? Because you didn't say it had to be a nat 20 on 1d20, so there must be some other action I can do where 20 is the most frequent result.

Rolled 5, 4, 12, 13, 13, 5, 20, 11, 4, 16, 9, 10, 2, 20, 18, 14, 19, 7, 5, 3, 11, 20, 4, 8, 17 = 270 (25d20)

I think I killed it three times over.

Rolled 10 (1d20)

I seduce the dragon.

Rolled 8 (1d20)

touch woode

Rolled 6 (1d20)

I wrestle the dragon naked in an attempt to win its affections.

Rolled 11 (1d20)

I wish to attempt diplomacy with the dragon.

Rolled 4 (1d20)

I roll to seduce it

Rolled 2 (1d20)

You can only roll once, douche.

Rolled 12 (1d20)

and you wasted yours

Rolled 19 (1d20)

Rolled 4 (1d20)

Rolled 2 (1d20)

WITH WHAT? YOUR BARE HANDS?

Rolled 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 = 20 (20d1)

BAM! natural 20.

Rolled 4 (1d20)

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Critical cockslap go!

Fucking nailed it

Someone better write a cockslap critical success.

As you strike the draconic beast it starts to moan each time you hit it...
The moans sound awfully fleasurable.
At some point it just rolls over and falls on its back indicating to you to climb on it.

The drake fell, in love with you and is also a huge M.

Hath we here, He Who Slays Draconians.

You were supposed to SLAY the dragon, not LAY the dragon!

Rolled 1 (1d20)

We can just slay both of them now

Well you can't.

You acciddentally imaple yourself on your own blade.

>1
Congratulations, you just joined user's harem

Rolled 16 (1d20)

Don't worry, I'm here

I cast Surge of Fortune to get a nat 20.

dokdorspace.com/dndtools/spells/complete-champion--57/surge-of-fortune--630/index.html

I don't see how that was relevant, this isn't a quest it's a game of chance.

Rolled 10 (1d20)

It's bait to get the diceroller removed and more people banned for having fun.

Rolled 7 (1d20)

But rolling dice is probably the oldest game there is.
If 20 i nuke the Harem

I guarantee you a 5% chance of felling it in one hit

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Sure, one can try. But would be awesomer if also dubs

I'll just stick with a ring of true strike.

Well then. Ends with 42 and everything.
Good idea.

The battle had been going on too long. You hear multiple loud thumps as the dragon takes advantage of a companion's weakened state.

After mauling the last of your teammates, a bard, the dragon turns its gaze to you.
Your willpower reaching its end, you firmly raise your staff and prepare to blow your final magical load, an old level 4 spell.

Black Tentacles erupt from the ground, restraining the beast, inflicting traumatic wounds both internally and externally through squeezing and impalement.

It wasn't long before it was wailing and whimpering at your feet.
Really, the sight was almost too pathetic to warrant the finisher. Almost, you did have a contract after all.

"Time for a bit of fun," you mutter while removing a certain piece of armour.

With a few mighty swipes of your staff, you strike the dragon. The dragon whimpers as it helplessly accepts it, a broken shadow of its once proud self.
You plunge your staff vigourously into the dragon's throat in an attempt to finally end the poor thing's suffering.

Satisfied, you turn to leave before noticing its breathing, and then, before redonning your armour...

You slap that fucker right in the cock with your bare hand.

After confirming the dragon's death, you redon your gauntlet and carry on your merry way.
And so begins the adventures of Daisy Slappy, the Dick-Slapping Dragon-Slaying Whizzard.

Bring a Lucky Diviner. At higher levels they have three stored dice that they can either use their self or give to another in LoS (so roughly a 15% chance of one of the three dice being stored being a 20), and additionally can roll three of their Attack dice (since they're not going to use spells the Dragon can resist) an additional time in an attempt to scum a 20.

Failing this a Lucky Barbarian-Fighter-War Priest who reckless action surges can get seven attacks in a single round at Advantage w/ three of them rolling a third die for good measure. War Priest requires only a single dip, Fighter banks on the same Attributes for the most part, and reckless attack comes early enough to get three attacks from Fighter and have levels to spare. Given 17 dice to roll in a single round odds are favorable that at least one of them will be a Natural 20.

rolling

Rolled 17 (1d20)

fugg

5e is cancer and you should die.

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Probably not, but I'm more interested in observing the dragon's anatomy, anyway. It's for my special project.

Question. What makes a natural 20 so special, as opposed to a natural 16 or a natural 4? It has the same probability of happening as any other number, so why attribute an almost mythical status to it?

>Allright Veeky Forums this dragon can ONLY be felled with a Nat 20. can you do it?

Liar.

It's the best result you can get in a roll-over system using a 20 sided dice (ie. what D&D uses), so people remember it better when it happens.

Combined with folk tales of impossible feats happening when a natural 20 is rolled, you get a number that feels very special.

To add to this, since it's the highest number on the dice, it makes sense to be the Automatic Success number if an automatic success roll is a thing you want in your game.

Johnaiss Dragonraper strikes again.