Syrian Civil War Tabletop

Syrian Civil War Tabletop

Has anyone tried it yet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p2NkjNvwuaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Had a really rough idea about playing refugees in the middle of a Syrian-esque setting. Mostly about supplies, trust and attempting to reach your destination.

I've played generic arab civil war wargames, not a specific Syria one though.

I did run a thinly veiled fantasy-syrian civil war campaign where the minority of elves who had kept control of their nation were being attacked through foreign funded proxies. Lots of alliances and backstabbing and betrayal. Kurds were dwarves ofcourse.

Turn one
>roll
For what?
>just roll
I rolled a 4
>you're killed in a precision drone strike. See you next week

Excuse me, why your pic doesn't show Israel and USA supporting ISIS?

There's no evidence of that, especially the Israeli's. But go ahead and post electronicintifada or stormfront or w/e

>Drones can't be evaded
>LOL I am so clever trying to defeat the entire point of your idea with "hurr drones"
kys

Because the US supports al qaeda/al nusra and the like, not ISIS. Or well, supported at least.

>There's no evidence of that
Aggressive terrorist group never attacking Israel right next to it and even receving medical care in Israeli hospitals. While at the same time both countries benefit greatly from ISIS existence as political leverage, arms manufacturers get big bucks from wasting expensive bombs on ISIS grunts. ISIS is just Taliban 2.0 but more tightly controled.

But go ahead and be a useful idiot.

US created it ISIS by removing Saddam from Iraq (he was an asshole but he kept such groups under control), destabilizing the Middle East further and quite possibly CIA funding and training this small start-up of evil.

But there are literally no rules for the game

>conjecture and no actual facts
as expected

Creating the conditions for something is not the same thing as actually creating something. But yeah, jihadist groups have been their go to means of "government change" in the mid east. But, to go with the theme in OP's question, how do you make an rpg campaign about that?

>how do you make an rpg campaign about that
Players must fund their cause by selling oil, loot (whatever luxury goods or antiques left) or something else (drugs,slaves,etc). You must ally with big powers to receive better weapons, equipment and training in advanced skills/perks.
Rival groups will come for your cash, territory and weapons, either to expand their influence and resource base or sent by other big powers.

O. J. Simpson was innocent for someone as dumb as you

>ad hominem
as expected

That sounds an awful lot like it would work in a grimdark version of star wars

So he was innocent after all

Come back when you learn how to argue properly, I'll be waiting

Now that I wrote it, it sounds a lot like big turf war with 2 big players and several smaller unfluential gangs

Come back when you learn how to use your brain. I don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

You sound upset

I'm quite amused actually

Well, geopolitics isn't all that far removed from gang behavior, just on a way bigger scale. And the way nations are so incredibly sensitive to prestige fits the way gangs are sensitive to their imagined prestige too

So am I, you keep giving me all these replies, it's made my night.

Oh yeah, we can just straight up use Prestige and Badboy points from EU

>Walmart shut down their last store in your city
>IT IS AN OMEN

You are welcome. Keep your fresh (You)s flowing.

The economy, fools!

You are a muzzie, arent you?

Not at all.

Sure sound like one. Down to the whole "IS arent true muslims but jews and Israel and America are behind their creation and that is basically why the middle east is shit, it is all THEIR fault" mentality of a muzzie. Finger pointing and blaming others for their own shortcomings is pretty much the ur-muslim shtick.

Like the whole "sykes-picot is why I just slit the throats of this poor innocent family that did nothing wrong to me. artificial borders made me do this, reeeeee"-type faggots

That's a lot of projecting and stawmanning from you. Keep (You)s flowing.

The only sin is to lose and have your entire people wiped out.

Dont care, needed it off my chest. And shitty arab/muslim culture is pretty much to blame for much of the syrian crisis as as any major geopolitical player.

Here is your (((you)))

You're just speculating on Israel, not evidence

Also isrsel bombed them last week after Isis launched an attack. Just because You don't hear about something doesnt mean it didn't happen

Nope. Just "Not Guilty". You should learn English. Then maybe your arguments could be accepted as something beyond a elementary school student's daydreams.

I had a dream about being a Syrian refugee Wizard trying to cross the Turkish border once

I wanna play a badass Rojavan paladin

Were the Turks hobgoblins? Was the Daesh run by Drow losers?

I thought Israel and USA supported the Nusras, who oppose ISIL

The players are local groups funded by a foreign power to go after local authorities or rival groups

>Turkey demonstrably supports ISIS
>'GUYS! I FIGURED IT OUT! JEWS DID ISIS!'
>laughingkebab.jpg

whynotboth.jpg

At least Israel seems to be tsundere for Daesh as pointed out.

Kinda, I played a similar civil war set in the Ace Combat universe

>paladins that ethnicly cleanse people
that's not a paladin bro.

Go /home/ Vlad, yer drunk.

Buddy, my playergroups cannot even keep three factions straight, let alone a dozen.

>how do you make an rpg campaign about that?
The whole situation (and the middle east in general) seems pretty friendly to games - there's lots of action, betrayal, trying to work out who you can trust to be on your side for long enough that you can backstab them first - hell, iirc ISIL even got a fair bit of their seed money from bank robberies, so you can have some heists.

I actually want to try that, something similar to AK47 Republic. It has tons of your dudes potential because of all the militias running around, each with their own background, allegiance, and often catchy electronic theme song.

Ask /hwg/ for ultramodern rulesets and models.

Read the news, or check the Middle East General on /k/, for scenario ideas.

I really didn't want to derail an otherwise interesting thread with /pol/-tier discussion, but my autism was too strong.

Here's Obama outright saying US forces were training and arming IS Militants (ISIL or Islamic State in the Levant, as they were called at the time).

Doesn't prove that the US supports them now, but it is what it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=p2NkjNvwuaU

It isn't unlike how the US assisted Osam Bin Laden during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Pretty sad to see.

I think the various Arabs and other west/central Asian Mohamedeans win the prize for most confusingly similar flags.

>the Jews are to blame

Every ding-dong day.

boards.Veeky Forums.org/qst/thread/977266

And that's why you never, ever should put letters on your flag.
US state flags suck too, often for the same reason.

>Last Aleppo's hospital is an eternal place rebuilt by the gods each time it's destroyed