...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>too_meta_to_handle.sim
>random_file_extensions_from_the_game.knwsft
>shitposting_and_garbage_memes_of_the_2010s.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 2049 (20% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message: "something fitting the theme of the OP post"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Implication_Its_Lewd.BTL...

>watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Fun with templates edition

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=22807.msg427185#msg427185
youtube.com/watch?v=dsf5luw0ouw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>shitposting_and_garbage_memes_of_the_2010s.trid
>.trid
>Not .BTL
Casual.

But maymays saved on retro-style trids are so much warmer

From the previous thread;
>There's no "gets lost easily" either.
Mate, what do you think Incompetent: Outdoors does?

BTLs need sensory data, our current memetic technology hasn't progressed that far yet.

You went to meta chummer. Dawkins Group hit squad is coming for you, better run.

>BTL
>Better-Than-Life
But that would imply that shitposting crudely drawn pictures of a smug frog on an anonymous imageboard is better than walking, talking and laughing amongst the people out there in the sunlight outdoors.

Say I pick up some SWAT armor. It's got 15 capacity, so what's the best stuff to stick on it? Also, what do I stick on the helmet if I've got all the sensors I need already from cyberware?

>implying people in the Sixth World walk, talk, laugh, or have sunlight
>implying I walk, talk, laugh, or have sunlight

So do you think 0-point agendas will ever...

Oh, this isn't a Netrunner thread...
Misleading pic OP.

>he looks at the OP image before post

Sorry Netrunner-user, the pic is totally related.

Do you netrunner types ever get tired of sulking that other people like your art?
Depends on your general application, but as much non-conductivity as you can stick into it is a must.

Yeah, I was thinking of picking up NonConductivity 6, Fire Resistant 6 and 3 capacity of something else. It's just that nothing jumps out at me for "3 capacity of something else" and I've got no idea what to put in the helmet. It's not like I could put Insulation 6 and get that protection all over my body....right?

Fire & electro resistance, as much as you can stuff in there.

Shadowrun doesn't really model the need to have your helmet be protected by that stuff as well, the assumption is essentially just that you'd hold your arm up to block it or whatever. Pulse Weave and Auto-Injectors are handy.

You could get a RIG set if you're desperate for stuff to use up the capacity, but that's not super useful unless you've got access to a Pi-Tac.

>Random user here, can you spoon feed me the overdose rules? I don't wanna go check them right now
When you take two drugs that both boost the same stat - whether it's providing Initiative d6s, or providing a bonus to Reaction, or providing High Pain Tolerance - that triggers an immediate overdose.

When you overdose, you take Stun damage equal to the sum of the two drugs' addiction ratings, resisting by Body+Willpower.

So, if you combine Jazz (Addiction Rating 8) with Kamikaze (Addiction Rating 9), you're immediately resisting 17S. Since Stun converts to Physical at a rate of 2:1, you're probably going to survive it, but unless you roll really well you're definitely losing consciousness and probably accruing some Physical damage while you're at it.

>You could get a RIG set if you're desperate for stuff to use up the capacity, but that's not super useful unless you've got access to a Pi-Tac.
Doubt it will happen, you need the whole team to get on board for that.

And all this while being in a situation where being unconcious is usually a death sentence.

Exactly.

Wait, does that mean I can ko people harder than a taser with a double drug injection? Just whenever I want?
Sounds overpowered

How many programs is a drone allowed to have? Theorycrafting a robowife here.

>Wait, does that mean I can ko people harder than a taser with a double drug injection?
Sure. It just costs 175 nuyen per time you do it, doesn't set in until the end of the current combat turn (Immediate speed), uses drugs which are Restricted rather than straight-up legal, and requires you to hit them with two separate doses instead of just shooting them twice with a taser.

If you want to KO people with drug overdoses, my personal recommendation is DMSO gas grenades. Toss out one thing of DMSO-laced Jazz, a second of DMSO-laced Kamikaze, and hope that nobody randomly rolls well enough to survive, because if they do then they're about to push your shit in. You can take out entire groups at once this way.

>He doesn't have a USB fleshlight and custom image identification extension that tightens whenever a catgirl is posted

Toppleb

>How many programs is a drone allowed to have?
By RAW? Either 1/2 their Pilot score, or an amount based on whatever RCC they're slaved to. When you realize that you can quickly hotswap things in and out situationally, it becomes a lot less limiting - that's the number loaded, not the number stored.

By RAI, thought? Rigger 5.0 was originally supposed to have a sidebar where they changed the number of Autosofts you can have loaded at once from 1/2 Pilot to Pilot, because of all of the new Autosofts they added. It got cut due to wordcount, but the intention behind the current set of rules is for a Pilot 6 drone to be able to load 6, not 3, Autosofts simultaneously.

>USB fleshlight
I went looking for one and couldn't find one that was big enough. That's the problem with letting the Japanese make all the world's high tech sex toys.

What are these magical devices?

Get an Ultrasound sensor crammed into your helmet, its super handy.

Speaking of BTLs, how does Blank Slate work, exactly? Can you just fumble around as a blankly-stare-at character for a while?

So: Could I play an alchemist, treat fluids into different spells, and then put those into tranq darts, and fire them for long range spells?

Hm. And is there any limit to how many autosofts one can have stored? Also, is it possible to have a drone swap its own autosofts in response to a situation, or do you always have to swap autosofts yourself?

>And is there any limit to how many autosofts one can have stored?
No.

>Also, is it possible to have a drone swap its own autosofts in response to a situation, or do you always have to swap autosofts yourself?
RAI, that would fall under the "Roll 2*Pilot Rating vs. Treshold set by the GM to see if drone can cope with a given situation" rule.

>And is there any limit to how many autosofts one can have stored?
All devices in Shadowrun have arbitrarily large data storage.

>Also, is it possible to have a drone swap its own autosofts in response to a situation, or do you always have to swap autosofts yourself?
It can swap them itself. It'd be a Pilot roll for it to recognize the need and what's relevant in context, as with any novel activity, though.

So then a good pilot program would know swap in combat autosofts if it or anyone it was charged with protecting were directly attacked or the house it dwells in was broken into, then swap them back out when the danger has passed. Works for me.

Yup. With a Pilot of 4 (what a Direktionssekretar has) it would be able to buy 2 hits automatically on Pilot+Pilot rolls to know that kind of stuff, and in situations too tense for it to buy hits it would average almost 3 per roll.

Mind giving me a source on that, that I can show to DMs?

Took me a minute to track it down while on mobile, but here you go, omae:
forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=22807.msg427185#msg427185

5e's poor editing strikes again, leading to a conflict between written and intended rules.

Fantastic. Thanks, Chummer.

I was thinking of taking the Pilot up to 6, actually, so 3 automatic hits; if you're going to spend the money to kit out your robowife with Realistic Features 4 plus orifices, you might as spend a little more to outfit her with the best Pilot program and autosofts money can buy so she's rolling for sex, food and Swedish massages with 12 dice.

>DMs
user, please don't make me enforce Hasbro copyright.

Unless you're using a Neonet Juggernaut as a base model, I have some bad news about Pilot score upgrades.

Not if I use the Drone Modification rules.

>SWAT armor upgrades
The built-in ¥6,000 chemseal that doesn't cost capacity, fire resist, electricity resist, auto-injectors if you do drugs, and pulse weave.

>Helmet
Trode net if you somehow don't already have a DNI, micro-transceiver, vision enhancement because that costs way too much capacity to put in cybereyes.

Also electrochromic modification. That way you can re-use the same outfit without worrying about being recognized, or taking time to paint it. Also you can use it to flash memes and obscene messages at people.

>The built-in ¥6,000 chemseal that doesn't cost capacity
They have those? What book?

>auto-injectors if you do drugs
Eh, he uses Bliss only recreationally, but since Bliss is a powerful painkiller I could see an autoinjector being useful if things go really far south.

>That way you can re-use the same outfit without worrying about being recognized, or taking time to paint it.
Eh, I don't see the point in that. It's armor that you only wear during the run. In fact, it's armor you only wear during the part of the run that trying to avoid looking suspicious is a moot point and you're 100% sure someone is going to be gunning for you.

Getting recognized helps HRT/SWAT prepare/equip themselves for your typical tactics. Furthermore, you can change your colors and insignias to match theirs, to sow confusion and hesitation, and possibly help slip out past a police blockage before they realize their mistake.

>Dueling_Riggers.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=dsf5luw0ouw

>Furthermore, you can change your colors and insignias to match theirs, to sow confusion and hesitation, and possibly help slip out past a police blockage before they realize their mistake.
You're right about that and all, but
>Getting recognized helps HRT/SWAT prepare/equip themselves for your typical tactics.
If my team leaves behind enough evidence/security footage/survivors over the course of several runs that our enemies begin to recognize us and remember our tactics, then we've fucked up.

The full-body armor (what I think you mean by SWAT armor) has its own version of the chemical seal in the same table on page 436 of the 5th edition core book. It costs much more than the normal chemseal modification (p. 438), and it greatly increases the availability rating (it's integral to the armor), but it does not take up capacity like the normal one.

>disguise yourself as HTR while busting out
Now that's what I call slippery. If that HTR group has safe target systems on their weapons that are keyed to recognize their own uniforms, your armor might also trigger that so they can't shoot you. Could be a good thing to look up during the planning/legwork phase.

Is Boundless Mercy not in the mediafire, or am I overlooking it somehow?

Are there any Resonance-equivalent Infections available?

If not, why not?

What are some interesting resonance-based infections that could show up?

>Now that's what I call slippery.
It works on normal security guards too. Get the right color of baseball cap and some Electrochromatic security armor and you can stroll right through most places without people even giving you a glance.

>Are there any Resonance-equivalent Infections available?
No.

>If not, why not?
Because unlike Magic, Resonance has no presence in the physical world.

>What are some interesting resonance-based infections that could show up?
I don't even understand what a Resonance-based 'infection' would look like. Some kind of cannibalistic AI? I guess it would look kind of like the Crash Virus.

>can't get ALL of the catgirl qualities even on Surge 3
For what purpose?

>Are there any Resonance-equivalent Infections available?

Do you mean "HMHVV Infected with technomancer abilities"? There are none. HMHVV is a magical disease, you can't have it and any Resonance score, even if you have no MAG. RF 142

I meant something like HMHVV, but based on Resonance instead of Magic. I suppose you could call it... a HMHCV.

>The full-body armor (what I think you mean by SWAT armor
Actually I was referring to the actual SWAT armor from Run&Gun. Since it's more or less a flashier, more tacticool full body armor I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to suggest to my GM that it can have an integral chemseal.

Like CFD, the nanobot/AI thing?

It wouldn't have a physical presence. It would be something that only affects digital intelligences and maybe people with Hotsim.

Some kind of sprite gone horribly out of control into a mind-control virus.

So CFD, basically, but without the nanobot elements.

Yes, but that's not Resonance based, it doesn't count!

Nothing like this exists, but let me tell you how it would work.

Firstly, it would be a computer virus. Second, it would only affect people who are in Hotsim (and could probably turn AIs, e-ghosts, and other digital intelligences into carriers).

Once infected, it would slowly give you a Resonance score of 1 so that you can be connected at all times, but instead of giving you any Complex Forms or other technomancer shit, it would give you specific digital-only types of critter powers.

You'd probably need to shred minds with biofeedback in order to keep from Fading after that, to maintain the HMHVV angle, leaving people as burned-out husks as you drain away their Willpower or something.

You'd experience no actual physical changes, everything being purely on the mental/Resonance/digital side of the equation.

A psychic net-vampire, stalking the dark parts of the internet, and stealing souls from a world away through unsecured VR.

Perfect. Now the real question is, what do we call it?

You could probably use the Munge power as the basis for feeding, but you'd have to change it to only go after AI and jacked-in metahumans. Mix in some Blood Magic rules to model how you can get little sips from cold-sim people, but go whole hog on hot-sim.

Spoopy.vrs

>Now the real question is, what do we call it?
Well, early on it would be seen more as a particularly foreboding worm or virus, before later being come to see as vampiric in a matter not unlike HMHVV.

dracula.wyrm

Technomancer.notsim

Whatever it is, it'll start as an infection in a .btl file. That's the easiest vector to hit a lot of people in Hotsim.

you don't want to hit too many people at once, because then it quickly gets known about and dealt with.

You want it to spread slowly and quietly at first, and then by the time people figure it out, it's too late.

An obscure, not terribly popular BTL then.

So you think it's sentient? If it's the equivalent of HMHVV, it would just be a weird fluke of the Deep Resonance (possibly carried back up to the regular Matrix accidentally by a Foundation-exploring technomancer) that mutates over time, but isn't a sentient thing.

I was just crawling through the archive, and I have to ask - what was the AI book Wakshaani was supposedly excited about? It couldn't be Data Trails since the book was already released by that point.

Technomancer book?

Why would they talk about AI in the Techno book? AI are saddled as basically being the Deckers to Sprite's Technomancers, but this time around the Technos are actually good and the Decker might as well stand in the corner for all the good they do.

>obscure BTL
>rumor is it's haunted
>turns people into data vampires
Sounds pretty awesome actually.

It's the only other place I can they would deal with AI. They might have rules in there to play as an elevated sprite-turned-full-AI, and use the opportunity to unfuck general AI rules.

Our only hope for that is Errata, which can only un-fuck so much.

So what sort of things do you need to know if you want to implant an ancient magical artifact into your body?

Asking for a friend.

Well for starters, the exact nature of said ancient magical artifact.

Nah. As I said, Free Sprites are already their own beast. It wouldn't be 'elevation' by any stretch of the word.

So, what would be the best way to break the game by utilizing my mage powers and my augmented eyes?

I know I can see through walls up to 11km but I need more details to really bend the game over a barrel.

>this guy

>can see through walls up to 11km

oh I get it now this is the new forced meme

>Be Mage
>spend 9500 nuyen
>Get everything from thermographic to subsonic augmentations for your eyes.
>Spend the leftover .6 essence on more goodies.
>Go to highest plane in the area
>Get LOS on anyone up to 11km away due to height.
>See through walls thanks to heat signature
>Cast spell
>???
>Profit

I managed to snipe mass agony to a bunch of gangers down the road from a pub my character was drinking at. The GM was so mad, it was delicious.

Oh so it's your GM's fault for not saying "that's some bullshit" and shutting you down

Got it

You know there was an FAQ that clarified this shit doesn't work in 4e, right?

How do people feel about exponential karma costs?
Would it be better if they were linear?
Would mean people don't have to worry so much about inefficient resource allocation at character creation.

It isn't? Then why do am I doing that right now?

>All devices in Shadowrun have arbitrarily large cloud data storage.
FTFY.

>Cloudless: Not comfortable with your data stored only in the Matrix’s cloud? This program uses legacy code from previous incarnations of the Matrix to place data in physical media and physical media only. In addition to saving a fle, it allows the user to use a successful Edit File action to move a file off the Matrix into the memory of a single designated device. This test is an Opposed Test, using the normal rules for Edit File (p. 239, SR5). The Public grid has a dice pool of 6, local grids a dice pool of 8, and global grids a dice pool of 10 for the purposes of this test.

Has anyone played a Prime Runner game? Like actually able to impact the setting? If so, what kind of characters did you play?

My group is thinking about doing it, and I'm considering options. I'm almost inclined to play a Nosferatu.

>Pryon: Nicknamed for prions, protein-based infectants that cause a number of diseases (such as “Mad Cow” disease), these programmable infectious subroutines can cause code-induced diseases (CIDs) that affect the neuroelectrics of the brain or other neural tissue, often with a fatal outcome. Only submerged dissonant technomancers can create CIDs. In contrast to digital viruses, these neuropathological viruses can be spread via physical contact with the submersed dissonant through his bioelectrical aura. So far, two dissonant related diseases, known as the Black Shakes and Dysphoria, have been identified (see sidebar)

Dissonant TMs can submerge to cause diseases.

How experienced is your group?
I wouldn't start newbies with prime runners.
And personally I wouldn't start with prime runners at all. Having a character grow from low/middle experience into a veteran send far more satisfying than starting there and not progressing

starting at level 1 is only satisfying so many times: once. I -want- to have multi-million nuyen worth of equipment, that's progression you simply are unable to get unless you start as prime runners from the get go.

>like actually able to impact the settings?

That doesn't take primer runners. Just clever use of the characters as the smallest cogs in a plot.

This has actually been a complaint of a player of mine, coming off of D&D: He's somewhat putoff by how ineffectual runners feel. So I've had to tweak some things

Fuck you. Every single SR game should be more like the Returns games, particularly Dragonfall: Games that start out small, but end in stuff that's pretty damn huge and carries massive implications for the setting, with the PCs at the forefront of making a difference.

Sure. I agree. It's just difficult to do that from a tabletop/writing perspective that doesn't end up as eye-rolling homebrew bullshit.

So I don't know how to handle matrix searchs, because of the variable time:

A player declares what they're doing a matrix search for, and then rolls some dice. Do I let them know about the difficulty/time it will take before they start searching? Because if it's difficult enough, they may not HAVE the 12 hours it would take to find it

Do I just say "If you want to search for X, it's going to take some time, because cursory searches seem to have no obvious results?" (i.e, they googled it and it wasn't on the first couple pages)

I am considering getting a mild phobia of birds.
What are some humorous ways this can play out?

>Mr. Johnson learns about this phobia
>Brings a bird to the meetings

Fuck off?

Like, don't get me wrong, there is merit to your idea. You shouldn't have a CC standard character rerouting the fate of a scenario, but you don't have to have enough funding to buy Trump Tower to impact the setting either.

Example: EVO subsidiary creates a strain of the flu that is particularly dangerous (Not, like, 95% lethality, but more dangerous that the regular flu).

You and your team need to break into that Subsidiary's warehouse, steal and distribute the cure before it ships out, and before the flu becomes an Epidemic.

It can easily be a really low level job, and it can effect the whole setting by dropping EVO from gaining a major upper hand in the world.

does this johnson want to get bird collateral on him?

Clearly the Johnson didn't think that is force 9 Ally Beast Spirit would get 'collateral' on him.

>See through walls thanks to heat signature
That's not how that works, you moron. People aren' thte only thing with a fucking heat signature