/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

The 3rd Edition of UESRPG is out, give it a read and tell us what you think.

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Vehk and Vehk

Previous kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wntey5M5kvc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to run a TES campaign, however my group is unexperienced in non-D&D/d20 systems. Should I use the UESRPG, and if so, what edition, and are there any other alternatives?

Why is it that people are so quick to ride Lorkhan's dead dick when it's obvious he was just a selfish prick who wanted to exploit his et'ada buddies to make his own universe?

Well if it weren't for him there wouldn't be a universe, so he has that going for him.

>it's obvious he was just a selfish prick who wanted to exploit his et'ada buddies to make his own universe
The answer was hidden in the question all along.

>muh Psijic Endeavour
Mundus was a mistake. The obviously correct course of action is regress up the levels of Amaranth to the original reality. The Dwemer were 95% right.

hello, Altmer

don't be a whiner.

Also Fyr, Therana, Dratha, and Gothren are all confirmed for ESO. Have fun.

Should I kill Vivec?

That's a really nice artwork, I've never seen it before.

By Mikhail Pabor aka Misha Pabor aka zhirfrox. He's one of the best around. Lots of his stuff has been posted before, but there's more out there.

The newest edition of UESRPG is your best bet, though the bestiary isn't complete yet, meaning you'll have to do a bit of work when it comes to statting out NPCs.
The second edition has a bestiary, though, and is still playable, even if the third edition corrected a lot.

The third alternative is probably to do a d20 homebrew, which would likely end up being the most work on your part. I'm not a big d20 fan, but it should be workable.

I'd probably go with the newest UESRPG, but you should ask your players if they're up for learning a new system.

If you do end up going with a d20 system, this pdf might help. I haven't read it, so I can't comment on the quality, but at least it's something.

Zhirfox is a fucking treasure.

Were they not in already?

Only if you want to be excessively punished for offing Kirkbride's husbando/waifu

>The ruling king will remove me, his maker. This is the way of all children
Sermon 15

So, I'm planning a to run a game for a couple friends, and I intend for a cult of Molag Bal to have retrieved the carapace to make a new Ruddy Man, but I don't have an actual *goal* for the cult. Any advice?

Game takes place in an alternate 4th Era, in the 8th year of Emperor Martins rule, and the setting is in and around Kragenmoor.

Maybe they're trying to dominate the dominator by making a newer, better, rapey-er Molag

Is v2 terrible? I know nothing about this system and want to try

youtu.be/Wntey5M5kvc

They're working for Dreughs

They wanna sink Tamriel and rule supreme once more

Old Life Festival is upon us, /tgesg/!
Let's remember the good things about the year, and bring them with us into the next.
May you all walk on warm sands.

Why would Boethiah give Goldbrand to Titus Mede?

So, my friend and I are looking to start playing this. What should we try and start? 2nd edition or 1st edition? Anything broken or should be avoided? Thanks in advance!

Monks are slightly more underdeveloped in 3rd from what I've heard, but other than that, I'd probably try that just to see what it's like.

Clearly part of a perfidious plot.

That OP pic is amazing. Where'd you get it?

Mede allegedly used Goldbrand, that's not confirmed. Might have been propaganda.

How the hell do they get water in Caldera? There isn't even a well.

Necromancer - 28
-Chainmail
Skeleton Champion - 15

How's this for a list using the 2nd edition rules for Order of the Black Worm? Or does nobody really do list building in these threads?

Don't see list building frequently at all, or much discussion other than that brief spat on dwemer ruin scenarios. Looks pretty decent for a list, though. Caster, champions, and wraith would pull a lot of weight while the zombies get in the way of things. Good number of models. I think Necromancers also have raise-dead, so there's that.

Here, have another dead-thing list.
Necromage $28
Vampire Fledgling (Quarra, Silver Claymore, Chainmail) $26
Vampire Fledgling (Quarra) $18
4x Skeleton $28
$100

As a player of 4e D&D (and D&D in general), I'm curious if you all have thought of "minion" enemies, which are foes (beast, people, etc) that hit for average damage, have decent defenses but go down with just one hit for UESRPG 3E. Like maybe you go into a necromancer's tower and all of the skeletons and shit are normal ones but you only ever encounter a few per area but then you encounter the necromancer in his lab/temple/etc. and he has like 15 skeletons! Something absolutely ridiculous that it might even make the party flee, but if they do stay could lead to a fairly epic fight of trying to take down the necromancer while also fending off his undead horde.

Can somebody tell me whether the whole thing about mothships and sunbirds and humanity trying to go to the moon after failing to colonize hell is actually real? Because it sounds too insane to actually be real.

It's all true. It's all false

It is, also the khajiit made themselves into a Tower and went to the moons and live there.

It's all canon. And now it's even more canon.

I want to fuck Dibella!

Is there any reason Julianos and Zenitahr are so underrepresented in the games?
Like they don't have any temples or followers, except the chapels in oblivion.

Why do people worship the divines if they're literally dead? And how does praying at shrines work? Do people access some remnant power left behind on mundus through the shrine, or do shrines dispense magic created by mortals?

Death for a spirit on that level is different.
Also the aedra aren't dead, they're mortal. You're confusing them with the Earth Bones.

what are you working on now, trainwiz?

you can literally fight Zenithar in Skyrim

*the nordic aspect of zenithar

Vacation.

A brand new vacation mod?! Fallout 4 Miami Wastes or Skyrim: Summerset Sluts?

>sluts
Just who do you think I am?

Looking forward to the Clockwork City in TESO's vvardenfell DLC?

I know I am. Looks pretty legit, I just hope it's out sometime this upcoming year.

>the aedra aren't dead, they're mortal
W-what?

They aren't dead, but they are capable of being killed, unlike Daedra who just reform.

Yeah. The aedra gave up their immortality, but didn't go full-on dead like some of them. Asleep might be a better term. They're not all-there, but by no means have they kicked the cosmic tonal bucket. More over, they can be killed, though it'd take serious balls to do so.

Clockwork City isn't appearing in Vvardenfell, though verminous fabricants will show up as a guest appearance. Vvardenfell is more Telvanni and Vivec centric, since Vivec city, most of the Telvanni holdings, Fyr, Dratha, and Therana all show up.

Fuck, just when I thought I had a grasp on TES lore you throw me this... What would be the consequences?

Dunno, probably a Lorkhan situation, maybe not. Nobody's ever offed a divine.

Do they sleep like mortals, in the dream space? Could you hypothetically summon the soul of an aedra from the dreamspace as one does in necromancy?

I mean, maybe? It'd take some serious fucking magic to do it though. Like, Mannimarco and N'Gasta at their peaks, working together, probably couldn't do it.

Well, some aspects of divines can be killed, separate from the oversoul. Tsun and Zenithar are aspects of the same being, but Tsun is dead and exists in Sovngarde.

But where is it stated that they can be killed, anyway?

Aedra and Daedra, the book

Well, that makes sense

Pick one
Devil Cephalopod Helm

I'm not here for the general, but that picture looks like a man's hand over goatse.

Never forget the real Tribunal

looks like the lady of pain masturbating: a hand reaching down into a very large pink genitalia, containing a city atop a spire, and the outlands around the oustide.

at the bottom is her anus

Can someone give me tl:dr on Longhouse Emperors and Reachmen in 2E, and how they relate to the Forsworn in 4E?

Some backwards Breton took advantage of the Interregnum and somehow captured Imperial City. Then got his ass handed to him when he tried to take High Rock. Nothing significant. Finally, they got their ass handed to them royally by Talos. Went silent afterwards, until 4E. Relation to Forsworn is propaganda on both sides.

There's a bunch of things bugging me regarding Auri-El and Xarxes and the whole Altmeri pantheon. So we've got Auri-El, Bird of Time and King of the Aldmer, reasonable enough as an equivalent to Akatosh with some Merish twists. But then they clearly overlap him with what we think of as Magnus in terms of links to the Sun and Aetherius, it is especially interesting that the Falmer Chantry in Dawnguard has no sign of bird or dragon iconography. Then we move on to Xarxes, Auri-El's scribe. But Xarxes seems to have a much larger role than just some historical scribe in Altmer religion. He records the past of the Altmer, which naturally leads to some importance among the Ancestor-obsessed Altmer. But Xarxes is also something altogether different in the rest of Tamriel. He is the sage-servant of Hermaeus Mora to Daedra worshippers, and a stumbling block for the Nords in the form of Orkey. But even among all of these, the most important connection for Xarxes himself is his "marriage" to the enigmatic Oghma. Oghma is associated with the sea by MK, which makes sense with Hermaeus Mora's own connection to sea life, and the connection of all of these entities to the past and memories is interesting in its own right. The Altmer call Oghma the everscriven scroll that memorialises the past, and invoke his name as an allusion to memories and records in general.

So to recap we have Auri-El the Dragon of Time, (another version of?) Auri-El as the god-king and Altmeri connection to Aetherius, Xarxes as the one who records the past that the Time-God leaves behind, Xarxes as the servant of Herma-Mora and enemy of the Nords in the form of Orkey, and Oghma as the physical manifestation of the past. Herma-Mora also fits into all of this as the chief enemy of the Nords and a giant sea(memory)-creature. The problem is working out the nuts and bolts of these connections from behind the lies of Altmeri religion and the mysteries of the Daedra's true workings. There's something behind this.

Pantheons are created by the believers. If there is a god that affects a community but is virtually unknown or unrecognized, is it still a god? In Elder Scrolls, if we take the definition of god as these super-material potent beings, yes they are. Religion in Tamriel is just trying to make sense out of what people have(had) physically experienced (and keep in mind how bloody physical most gods are in ES).

So, Altmer say X is Y and Nords say X is Z. This doesn't mean X=Y+Z. X might be something completely different. Trying to figure out true nature of gods by looking at how people believe them to be, is utterly useless. I'm not trying to diss you or anything by the way, don't get me wrong. It's just that metaphysics in Tamriel are more divine literature than absolute truth.

I see a massive cunt being masturbated too.

That would be cinematic.

Is it a bad idea to run a campaign set in the period of one of the games except with the "twist" of "Everyone is a Dragonborn/Nerevarine/Hero of Kvatch"?

>listbuilding
Neat.

I haven't played nearly enough to actually get a proper impression of what the meta of Scrollhammer would be like, but I'm of the impression that building around the ARM mechanics is hugely important. So, theoretically, I'd favour few and heavy elite units. Or just concept armies.

I've built a few lists just for the fun of it, and I almost always end up with 4-6 relatively expensive units.

I haven't played with or against Black Worm, so I don't know much, but I'm of the opinion that Zombies > Skeletons, so they're probably a good choice.
If massing Zombies doesn't work out, I'd try swapping one Champion for another Wraith, removing the upgrades and two Zombies, and using the money to buy two Scrolls of Bound Claymores for the Wraiths.

Since we're talking about the dead, here's my Sneaky Spookpires:

Stealth Vampires [100$]:
>1x Vampire Stalker [34$]
>>>HP2 MG0 STR9 AGL9 SPD4 WLP8 ARM7-L
>>>Rags, Glass Claymore
>>>Diseased (1-), Leap, Night Eye, Undead, Weakness to Fire, Leadership, Berne
>1x Vampire Fledgling [22$]
>>>HP2 MG0 STR8 AGL7 SPD4 WLP6 ARM7-L
>>>Rags, Battleaxe
>>>Diseased (1-), Leap, Night Eye, Undead, Weakness to Fire, Berne
>>>Rags, Maul
>>>Rags, Poleaxe

I'd think so, but I think it kind of depends on how much your group likes the "Chosen One(s)" trope.
Might appeal to people who aren't that into lore but have played Skyrim.

Are you thinking that they're all the same group of chosen ones (like they're all Dragonborn), or is everyone a different kind of mythical hero (the Khajiit is Baan Dar, the Redguard is the Hoonding)?

You should celebrate the new year in Daggerfall, we know how throw a festival! A couple of the Knights of the Dragon are going to be having at it with some potions of strength with a 2nd Era vintage, come join us!

My favorite part is that he added the apostrophe.

Skoomanon here, just thought I'd give an update to whoever was interested.

I tried Nutmeg again, except this time I smoked it. It was really rough, but the effects were less horrible. It was similar to marijuana smoke, but somewhat different feeling, noticeably, no changes in appetite. I was expecting there to be horrid aftereffects, but none occurred. At worse there was a buzzing/tingling feeling in my head.

I might make the souffle and try that, but that would be a while from now.

Where is everyone? You fucking normies...

Here, just lurking.

Sorry

Can we talk about the Horse-People of the Bjoulsae? What all do we really know about them?

>not celebrating with family and going out to party with friends afterwards

>Celebrating the arbitrary changing of a number in timekeeping.
The only Holidays I care about are Thanksgiving and Christmas. The rest just mean I get paid more for working that day and that I can cover more shifts.

That just means we're another time change closer to Todd pushing a half-assed buggy game that we'll eat up like the dumb fucks we are

It would probably be the only game I'd pre-order. If only just to get a cool map or official Skyrim 2 Buttplug or something of that nature.

Just about every holiday is arbitrary. I don't care about New Years Eve at all, but I won't say no to an excuse to eat well and spend time with those close to me.

>4th Era, in the 8th year of Emperor Martins rule

>alternate 4th era

You accidentally the first word of that.

whoops.

I love all you glorious bastards, tusk enthusiasts, catdick suckers, train lovers, city-face fetishists and lusty argonian maids.

Make a wish anons, and happy new/old life festival for all

I love you too, user.
And you as well.

What does canis root tea taste like /tgesg/?

ESO FTP?

*the totality of zenithar filter through the nord panhistoropsyche

ESO is pay 15 bucks to get vanilla. The DLC costs. Vvardenfell is most likely going to be paid DLC

Duck that shit

Hard to tell. It's probably a tisane and not proper tea.

So, can all of the cultures in Tamriel be roughly considered analogous to real world civilizations?

The humans are easy enough, of course, albeit not entirely 1:1,

Imperials - Ancient Romans
Nords - Norse
Bretons - Anglo-Saxons or French?
Redguard - Mali?

No idea if there are analogues with the mer or beast races, though. The Khajiit can probably be at least somewhat comparable to Middle Eastern cultures, I suppose.

You honestly get a lot with vanilla, though. I'm level 41 and have over a hundred hours logged, and that's just from doing the quests and exploration only in the Daggerfall Covenant, and not even all of them.

Yes and no.
They're all dipping in various irl cultures and such, you can't say "x is y" because there's also z in that x.