/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

It's almost New Year's Eve edition! Smile, be happy!

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

May the IV'th be with you.

Remove Word Bearer.

xth for we need to homebrew errata this expansion to improve quality of life.

Are 3 Knights as allies a dick ass move in a tournament?

Is there a prize pool? Play to win

Is it just an excuse to gather players to have fun and throw dice? Maybe limit to two

Two sounds more reasonable

but what if I take a LoW in my primary detachment too

and it's not a prize pool as far as I know, it's actually an invitational requiring fully painted and fully based armies. I just wanted to do a fluffy Dynat Armored spearhead on paramor with their Titan support. I just realized though that an atrapos + butt buddy + shadowsword might be a bit...much.

Smiling Curze makes him look like the uncle at the party who's kinda grimy and weird, but is actually pretty cool.

>Hey uncle, what's your favourite TV show?
>Hannibal
> ...

BASED

Alpharius, or FW Changeling.

>Based
>Doomed mankind to an eternity of darkness because
>because...
Why did Lorgar do it again?

Just posting a Leviathan, since they just want to be friends. Still need to finish the third.

>Why did Lorgar do it again?
Because he is objectively the worst primarch.
>Weakest primarch
>Terrible at literally his only job
>When the emperor beats him for being terrible he actually starts doing his job very well
>But he decides to betray the Imperium

Dark Mechanicus.

He only wanted JUST ONE CORNETTO

>I realized just as I finished my list that I had put 2 Knights, a shadowsword, 3 medusas and 30 outflanking/infiltrating scoring models all in the same list

I've become everything I despised

>>I have at least a few moments each game where I look like pic related, generally when the saboteur(s) shows up.
How's Saboteur doing for you? Are there any preferred targets?
It has never tickled my lower parts, but it looks like a funny choice.

yfw ultrasmurfs imply any primarch but their own matt ward plot armored mary sue cancer girlyman is bad

He's sickening with Dynat and I usually run him with combi melta+His default melta bombs and maybe a lightning claw. With his cameoline he's a pain in the ass to shoot off the board for being a single model and he's a just big enough threat not to be able to ignore

>yfw ultrasmurfs imply any primarch but their own matt ward plot armored mary sue cancer girlyman is bad

if you're going to shitpost unfunny 1d4chan memes do it in the 40k general please

looks great. really like that plaque on the shoulder.

>The daemons that managed to reach the Emperor suffered worst of all. The strongest, most savage of the kind, they swung weapons at a man who was no longer there, cleaving through the golden mist that swirled in His place.
>With thundercracks of psychic force, the golden warlord would appear at the beasts' backs, His flaming sword already buried in their spines

Nuttin personell... daemon..

Because if gods then worship.

The Emperor fucked it all up when he forced Lorgar to abandon Emperor worship in a universe with demonstrably extant gods, all of whom are malicious.

yfw girlyman's thread sissy is upset over badtalking his shit tier primarch

All I can remember that was good from Master of Mankind was the bit about where E talks about Angron, and basically says he considers all his creations to be puppets and their emotive familial attachments to him mean nothing.

>pinnochio analogy

He is a bad daddy. He is just a really shit dad. Fuck you Emps

the rest of the book is pretty much shit desu

>if gods then worship
But why? It's not as if they have done anything for us, and we created them.
>Master of Mankind
>Canon

Yeah, the loadout + power dagger/jump pack was my theory too.
Would you say he's worthwhile without Dynat? I won't go full Harrowing until I reach 2000+ points, until then it's just Skorr and one support or buff HQ.

>That pose
>WHO ELSE DESIRES A HUG
>DON'T BE SHY

sorry Veeky Forums got rid of them user
(you)

From worst to 2nd best primarch post-ascension.

good motivation for going traitor

Whats the points limit? Thebhigher the points it is the easier it is to out class super heavy damage output in points via multiple efficient units.

If you can fit that many super heavies and still have a good marine base youll need to bring the pain. Plus it will help accelerate matches ha.

Ferrus Manus managed to get more done post-heresy than Lorgar.

No jump pack anymore sadly, not like he could assault out of outflank anyway.

Yeah he's pretty good even without Dynat, that auto pen is still at +1 due to AP2 and he's an outflanking combi melta with cameoline and potentially move through cover

>and while the Primarch of the Imperial Fists Legion has many arms at his disposal, some relics of far greater power, it is this [chainsword] which has served him faithfully for so long he favours most.

>[...]the Imperial Fists legion was the first to utilise one of the enhanced storm shield designs. The Vigil pattern featured a uniquely potent field generator far exceeding that found elsewhere. [...] Once full inter-legion conflict was underway, Rogal Dorn ordered resources to be spared in the creation of more such protective devices for the use of his Terminator units, knowing them to be invaluable against the deadliest foes his Imperial Fists had ever faced; other Space Marines.

What did Forge World mean by this?

3000 points

Ah yes, forgot about that change.
I'll give it a try and see how it goes, thanks for the advice.
See you on Terra.
For the Emperor.

Is Guilliman the most boring primarch ever? There's nothing interesting about him. He's just a shitty cookie cutter archetype. Even Vulkan is better.

You know that Beta Ray Bill page that people like to post?

Lorgar is of the exact opposite opinion. It doesn't matter what the gods are like, what their intentions are, what they plan for you, or anything else. If there are gods, you have to worship them.

Guilliman was instrumental in fucking over the word bearers on calth

Vulkan got fucked by BL retcons and they tried to permanently kill him off like twice now.

He was retconned from "disappeared during the heresy" to "literally did not participate in the heresy after isstvan"

still not satisfied ey?

heres another (you)

There was nothing interesting in the Calth ordeal. It was just another UltraSue victory AT INSUMMOUNTABLE ODDS!!!!!! The question was about why can't GW/FW/BL make shitty Pirmarchs and Legions like Guilliman and his pooey brood good.

It'd probably require melta cutters to pry off all the plot armour which certain daddies of certain legions have. Plot armour does not make legions interesting, lads.

TRAITORS OUT

''''''Traitors'''''' are the strongest race in the world

No.

Calth was interesting because the Ultramarines only "won" the underground war a decade after Lorgar had gotten everything he wanted and eaten the systems star.

It's probably the least sue victory for UM in their entire history considering the fight outlived both the emperor and Horus.

In all seriousness boyos, I want the traitor legions to have sympathetic portrayals and their perspectives made rationally and emotionally valid to me. I want to feel like I can choose either side, Imperial or Renegade/Chaos, and not have crap mom's gonna ffreak marines like in Rogue Trader. So I cant get why some of you get upset when ADB and other writers try to make CSM not spikes up the ass cuh-razy shitbirds

Hey hey ho ho, traitor shits have got to go!

>There was nothing interesting in the Calth ordeal
ultramarines breaking out of their "logical and calculated" method of doing things.

"i want this to be the one battle I fight with my heart" -Roubute guilliman

> It was just another UltraSue victory
1d4chan XD

>t'd probably require melta cutters to pry off all the plot armour which certain daddies of certain legions have. Plot armour does not make legions interesting, lads.

>angron being crushed by a titan but not really
>lorgar almost dying twice to one of his brothers but not really
>vulkan dying but not really he is immortal lmao
>sanguineous vs MOST POWERFUL EPIC DEAMON PRINCE OF KHORNE #3507
>leman russ

wtf i hate primarchs now

See this is why I like Alpharius

The alpha legion fucking lose sometimes and it makes their victories all the more smug.

Got to have some shadows to make the good times look good.

>It'd probably require melta cutters to pry off all the plot armour which certain daddies of certain legions have.
This is a problem with prequels.

Quick overview:

Dorn: Shanked by goons.
Ferrus: Shanked by Fulgrim.
Guilliman: Also shanked by Fulgrim.
Lion: Shanked by bro.
Corax: Shanked by emo.
Vulkan: Shanked by Nick Kyme.
Sanguinius: Shanked by Horus.
Khan, Russ: Busy.

Lorgar: Has a legion.
Angron: Huge.
Perturabo: Has a legion.
Fulgrim: Masturbating with 6 arms and 8 dicks.
Magnus: Recovering a legion.
Mortarion: Has a legion.
Alpharius & Omegon: Okay you win this one, loyalists
Horus: Tiny Not-Horus doing fine.
Curze: Shanked by emo.

Verdict: Traitors doing just peachy.

>muh suemarch

Shut up loyalist loser.

Best legion coming through.

Sanguinius didn't fight An'ggrath or Skarbrand, just some shitty bloodthirster.

>dorned: pulled apart by goons

Goons with Hydra stickers and good goy points that need to be earned

>Alpharius & Omegon: Okay you win this one, loyalists

Maybe

reminder this guy typed out an emotive longwinded evidently distressed reply to bait over wanting to defend the worst baby toy army to pick

>shanked by emo
Lost it right there

Ka'Bandha has been called the most powerful of Bloodthirsters.

>*Curze: sniped by emo

FTFY

>shanked by Nick Kyme
Would be funny if it wasn't so true.

Why does /hhg/ hate Word Bearers so much? I mean I know why I personally hate them but what are your reasons.

There are a few redditors who chose Ultramarines in 40k as kids and never grew out of their embarrassing mistake.

>Lorgar: sulking, irrelevant
>Angron: shanked by tiny man
>Perturabo: doing nothing
>Fulgrim: Masturbating with 6 arms and 8 dicks.
>Magnus: shanked by a tiny man for the second time running
>Mortarion: trying to heal his broken heart
>Alpharius & Omegon: Okay you win this one, loyalists
>Horus: being used as substitute arms for a meme
>Curze: Shanked by emo.

Fulgrim's basically the only guy who came out okay from the whole ordeal, and even then he spends most of his time being sad about iron hands.

(you)

>You know that Beta Ray Bill page that people like to post?
I am unaware of this page.

At this point I just want Vulkan dead to spare him from Kyme's violations

WORD BEARER BULLYING NEEDS TO STOP

But Vulkan L I V E S

I kill because I like to kill>>>>>>>>>>>CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGES SHITLORD I DIDN'T HAVE THE PLANET I LANDED ON HANDED TO ME

Ultramarines are perfectly fine. Very few, if any legions in 30k are "memes".

Personally I think the Sons of Horus are the least likable legion. What do they have going for them other "we wuz warmasters n sheeit"? What's their culture even like?

>Very few, if any legions in 30k are "memes".
I disagree, all the Legions are memes.
Only the Imperial Army aren't memes.

We should gas you for so much wrongthink. Even daddy issues are better than "DURR, I LIKEA DA SHARP TINGS A STABBIN."

Not saying that fluff before the BL was like that, but still. What an awful opinion to have.

30k UMs are interesting because they are legitimately unique.

30k SoH are the most generic legion in both rules and fluff while having this narrative of being the best because of...something

Think it's because a lot of people get into this by reading the first three HH novels, decide Erebus is a dickhead, and develop a dislike for all Word Bearers by association.

>I want the traitor legions to have sympathetic portrayals and their perspectives made rationally and emotionally valid to me
There's a difference between making a sympathetic portrayal and turning the loyalists into comically mean bullies who just hate the free spirited, noble, self-sacrificing traitors for no good reason.

The shit they've pulled with horus, magnus and lorgar is almost psychoanalysis-worthy.

what imperial army

you've got militia rabble and solar auxmemeilia

Thanks for contributing to the thread user

Trying to convert some Kastellans that i was gifted into superior stronk Castalax for my fledgling cybenetica.
Thoughts and opinions?

Because BL writers have a bad habit of being entirely too hamfisted with the idea. For every time they do it well, such as Angron, we get two of them managing to fuck it up.

>30k SoH are the most generic legion in both rules and fluff while having this narrative of being the best because of...something
Are we just letting the IF get away with this?

>01001001 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01101110 01101111 00100000 01110110 01101111 01101001 01100011 01100101 00100000 01110101 01101110 01101001 01110100 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01001001 00100000 01101101 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010010 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101

So I want to get the phosphex shells for my Medusas and Rapier batteries because DG just say fuck you to difficult terrain tests. However, I also want to use Durak Rask as my Warlord when I'm not using Morty. He has the same 'Art of Destruction' rule as the Siege Breaker consuls, and the same wargear.

Can he be said to grant this upgrade, or do I need to put a Siege Breaker Consul in the list as well? Seems like an oversight if so, he's clearly meant to be a named character Siege Breaker.

As far as I can tell it's for the memes rather than true hate. At this point, it's just something to expect. Like, as an EC player, I expect the pretty-boy jokes. AL players live and breath the memes. IW/IF are constantly going at each other. For Ultras, just mention Ward's name 3 times or remind them that they got thoroughly trounced at Calth and they'll crawl out of the woodwork without fail. Magnus and the TS did nothing wrong.

Lorgar was looked down on by nearly all of his brothers for his failings as a warrior since he was basically a giant nerdThis, and the WB's other failings during the Crusade make them prime targets for old fashioned bullying.

Found it for you.

thank you for your opinion. anyone else?
preferably a non-retard?

IF are called good at what they do, not the best legion led by the greatest warrior in the Imperium, second only to the Emperor himself.

Not even a few months ago no one was making these jokes about the Word Bearers. This is a recent trend.

Gee user, sounds like your day didn't go so well.

7/10 they're not shit

IF have given us some great times though

they look like digganobz

Not even a few threads ago no one was making these jokes about the Ultras. That is a much more recent trend.

If you got it, flaunt it

>30k UMs are interesting because they are legitimately unique

Except they're not. They're the same, dull, Codex-thumping boys in blue that they are in 40k, except they still had their Roman aesthetic going in full force. Even the 2nd Legion is more interesting than UMs.

>IW/IF are constantly going at each other
This is the only thing in this list that I can be sure is just bants.

A few threads ago were dominated by IW/IF shitposting, interrupted by AL memeing. Ultramemes have always been here, they just not as prevalent.

>They're the same, dull, Codex-thumping boys in blue that they are in 40k
a) That's pretty unique for a legion.
b) The codex doesn't exist yet, they had the principa belicosa, but so did everyone.

That almost made me giggle.
Then you have the guys who think the legion with a Roman schtick that no one else even begins copy is not unique.
What you say could be applied to BA, EC, IW, IF, a host of other legions whose core concepts are the same in 40k as they are in 30k.
Oops, I meant ALL of them.

How acceptable would it be to do a 30k army in a carcharodon colours? I know it's a bit of a meme/cliche about them being pale nomads/exiled terran raven guard or whatever, but I don't really hear about people doing armies in that scheme.

Basically, I like the raven guard, but not sure my painting skillz are up to making an all-black force look good, so considering that scheme as a backup choice if test models don't work out. Follow-up question: would it be okay to use RG legion rules for such a force, or would only blackshield rules be acceptable? (I suppose chimerae option 3 (fleet, fear, rage, -1BS) does seem purpose-designed for a pale nomad sort of army.)

Pic related isn't mine, incidentally, just a model I like the look of.

literally nothing more uninspired and fucking dull than 30k ultramarines in monotonous FW scheme