Dead Space: Mutation

>What's going on here?
Dead Space inspired stories, discussions on model conversions and theme lists for tabletop armies, and ideas for home brewing a Dead Space system or system adaptations for existing systems.

>THE STORY SO FAR
>Jukebox pastebin
pastebin.com/u/jukebox
>Zaeed Space
pastebin.com/01WBnq1m
>Isaac's Bizarre Adventure
pastebin.com/Qr7TCQN7
>Doomed pastebin
pastebin.com/u/Scathis

Any ideas for further DS inspired TTRPG shenanigans are welcome, the floor is open for discussion.

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Night_Shift
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FIRST!

>Dead Space: Mutation
Why do I have the feeling that this would be a great title for a spin-off game with adapting Necromorphs?

Or maybe a new element for the game everyone's cooking up

then again, that just sounds like fodder

Alternatively the MC is a Feeder that still retains his personality and intellect.

bump

Another bump for interest

whoa now what the hell is that

Give me a few moments to compile idea dump for a Ded Space tabletop

Wait, what?

> space suit
> nothing connecting the helmet and body
> ponytail

Just for once could someone design a female character armor that is distinct without being retarded to the point of uselessness?

Vandal had a sexier suit.

Also pity the devs never made something like a Necromorph Hunter R.I.G.

I doubt people would be happy to see something like that in universe. Kinda like the Undead Legion Dark Souls 3.

the praetorian entered the chamber suddenly after hearing his screams. "Is everything alright?" the praetorian suddenly spoke startling isaac."yeah... but why are you suddenly speaking?" asked isaac
"because i realized" he took off his helmet "that i couldnt tell you how i love you" and then he grabed isaac and kissed him. After the comtact between the two broke isaac said "yes, i love you too" and kissed him back.

Am i the only one who thinks that spacesuit looks really comfy?

"You're goddamn right I have a stand, but it's dangerous, and I'm smart enough not to assume I can control it." Isaac spoke quickly, describing the Marker and it's abilities.

"And that's your [STAND] now?" Was the first thing out of Jotaro's mouth, Isaac having finished his description.
"Wait a sec, that's your first question? Most people wouldn't be so quick to believe me."
Jotaro cleared his throat before looking Isaac in the eye "Ten years ago I travelled across the world, using my psychic powers to fight the hired assassins serving an immortal vampire who could stop time. I find your story implausible, but you seem to be honestly freaking out about this so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt." Jotaro adjusted his hat, mouth a thin line as he began explaining to Isaac.
"As of now the only known way to destroy a [STAND] is to either continually attack it with an exceptionally powerful and fast [STAND] such as my [STAR PLATINUM], or kill the [STAND USER], however some [STANDS] persist beyond the user's death, such as the [HIGH LIFE]. Considering your [RIAC] used to be one of those [MARKER] things, if any [STAND] would persist after the user's death, I'd bet on your [RIAC] being one of them."
"Shit." Isaac's gaze turned downwards, eyes steely with determination. "So the safest thing to do for now..."
"Is to control it, use it responsibly, And watch it for any signs of danger."

masterpiece

Wut?

Depends.

>Take Unitologist R.I.G.
>Add some scrap to it.
>Add mutated skulls to knees, as pauldrons and a Brute Skull for the chest.
>Add Slasher blades to the back.
>Turn the light of the R.I.G. into orange.

Would be cool looking though.

Cool? Yes, yes it would be. Rather inappropriate around infestation survivors though, not to mention other Unitologists. Isaac wearing it anyways as a fuck you to everyone around him would make sense though. Honestly surprised that he didn't have one in DS3.

Kek

Nah man, looks comfy to me too.

Also add a 3x speed to reload and attack speed/damage as well as a 95% damage resistance.

Bonus if the Brute Skull Chestplate has FUCK YOU written all over it.

Or...Star Platinum the shit out that thing and reduce it to soul dust.

The Brute skull is just a disfigured human though...and it would paste itself outside the Markers signal.

Not unless you boil away the flesh from it and the other Necromorph skulls though...

I guess that could work, bleach white bones all over the squiggly creepy armor of a death cult. Pretty intimidating. Hell just imagine the faces of the ME crew finding Isaac wearing that thing, he's just standing at the end of a hallway walking towards them.

Honestly in my opinion Winter suit much comfier looks. All those little details, hot dayum.
Although I love how EVA suit makes a shielding when you are in airless space. It's all in such fucking little details.

That would Kill Isaac.

If you could harm [RIAC], but according to the stats that user gave [RIAC] it's indestructible.

Sooo...Isaac goes on a grand adventure to toss his body into a volcano. Best he could hope for is dropping his corpse on an abandoned part of land and hopes the lava flows slow it down. Or he makes a deserted island uninhabitable.

>Shepard- Scared/Intimidated
>Garrus- Unnerved/Intimidated
>Tali- Terrified/Intimidated
>Samara- Lowkey Intimidated
>Thane- Scared to ask where he got the skulls
>Miranda- Wondering why the fuck she let Isaac on the ship
>Jacob- Wondering why the fuck Miranda let Isaac on the ship/Intimidated
>Grunt- Impressed/Jealous
>Jack- Lowkey Intimidated/ Highkey Aroused/Jealous
>Legion-Curious/Wondering how sanitary that is
>All- Questiong just how far down the deep end Isaac went

>Everyone's have a horrified look on their faces
>Miranda is calling for a squad of troopers and shrinks to take Isaac down
>Mordin have a mild curiosity, talking loudly about bones
>EDI making a Miranda's call a high priority
>Grunt is mildly impressed. And secretly very aroused.
>Jack is very aroused. And secretly mildly impressed
>Tali would just back away, slowly.
>Garrus will load his "elcor grade tranq rounds" which he holding just for this occasion
>Jacob is too busy figuring out what is going on.
>Samara would be not amused and not aroused.
>Zaeed will mutter something about show offs.
>Kasumi will just cloak herself and will proceed to a nearest escape pod. Just in case.
>Thane will just pray someone.

Heh. Imagine the mooks however.

The parts of their brains responsible for fear would riot and scream at them to run away from the scary guy with mutant skulls.

Sweet.

Episode 4: Let's all go Bowling!
"Right." Jotaro began. the Duwang gang (plus Isaac) assembled around him. "Since Isaac is now a [STAND USER] and has agreed to help us find Kira, I have decided to invite him to a little team building session. Yes Rohan attendance is mandatory!" Rohan's Hand slowly lowered, an irked look on his face. "I was planning on doing this anyway, but now we have two full teams so it's best to do it while everyone has time."
"Huh" Koichi began, Yukako uncharacteristically absent. "So what was it you had in mind Jotaro-san?"
"Simple, we head to the Kame-Yu mall near the town centre. Then you'll understand."

A short and somewhat cramped bus ride later. Isaac, Jotaro and the gang entered the Kame-Yu shopping centre, everywhere they looked people were shopping and students were loitering.
"There it is, the "I can't believe it's not Gutter" Jotaro entered the bowling alley, motioning for the others to follow. "Our greatest advantage over Kira in any battle, will be our use of teamwork. Used properly, a group of [STANDS] can do anything. No matter how weak they may be."
"So you brought us bowling?" asked Okuyasu, clearly confused. "I don't see what this has to do with [STANDS]."

[Rat in a cage] has an A rated durability, but in the same way [MADE IN HEAVEN] has an A in speed. It just reforms after taking damage, almost like it's some kind of [REGENERATOR]
Isaac is aware of it's invincibility, the same way that most stand users are aware generally of how strong/tough/fast their stand is.
This wouldn't really fix the problem, as if [RIAC] did happen to go on after it's user died, there'd be nothing holding it to the spot. I personally believe that [STANDS] aren't linked to the user's body but their soul. Once the soul moves on to the afterlife, there is no anchor in the mortal world.

"Clearly Okuyasu." Replied Rohan. "We're going to be bowling with our [STAND] powers."
Jotaro smiled to himself as he rented shoes for the group. Eventually once they had all dressed themselves appropriately, he brought them down the aisles to the last lane away from the other patrons.
"For those who are unfamiliar with the rules of [BOWLING], the objective is to knock down as many pins as possible by rolling a ball down this lane. You get two balls to throw, and if you manage to down all of the pins in one go, you double your score." Jotaro explained quickly. "As [STAND USERS] there is an additional rule, the person who is bowling cannot use his [STAND] to affect the ball, however his team can. We will be splitting into two teams of three, Josuke and Okuyasu will be together with Isaac. Rohan and Koichi will be on my team, and we will be going first."
"I shall demonstrate," Jotaro took a large white ball from the rack while the others took their seats, taking stance a few steps behind the line, Jotaro took a quick step forwards and swung his arm, sending the ball flying straight down the middle of the lane, right on target for a strike, until it abruptly shunted itself right into the gutter.
"I see you've already figured it out okuyasu." Said Rohan, staring at the smug Schoolboy. "But if I were you I'd try not to escalate the situation, I could do terrible things to your bowling skills with my [HEAVEN'S DOOR]."
Okuyasu's smile faltered for a moment before returning, stronger than ever. "I'd like to see you try, with my [THE HAND] I got total control of the balls, nobody can beat me."
"At handling balls?"

Why are all these dead space threads filled with stupid ass fanfic bullshit and vidya game discussion? Get off the board.

At least start making some rpg or tabletop rules you fuckin nerds or go back to /v/ you cross canon fan fiction milquetoast slugs

Cry about it.

No, you're a bunch of autistic mungos writing your bullshit crossover fiction pretending people actually give a shit or read it. Literally nothing here is discussing tg related stuff, you guys aren't even discussing LORE. It's just your neckbeard weeb trash shitposting Isaac shipping.

He actually cried about it, the absolute mad man!

you must have missed the last thread

now leave and cry about it

Hey would u guys be interested in reading my Dead Space / Mass Effect / MLP fic? I've got 3 chapters done so far

Different user

you do know that this is like how 99% of Veeky Forums getting shit done starts right?

No, it doesn't, that's not the way it get's things done. You're just quoting for the sake of quoting.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Night_Shift Is a good example.

dude, nightshitf started as a bunch of people going what if, like 99% of shit started as people going what if and some crazy anons going "ill do that", the last issac into ME had a lot of good writfagotry, and some people went off on trying to make it into a thing

It was Koichi's turn to enter the conversation, playful ribbing being a common thing among the friends. "Yeah Okuyasu keep your [HAND] away from my balls".
This served as the final straw for those among the group who had yet to turn 25, as they, including Okuyasu began to laugh and exchange banter.
Isaac watched from his seat as the group talked, a wistful smile on his face. It reminded him of his days on Luna, chatting with his friends, procrastinating on projects.
Blowing off important meetings so he could see.. Nicole.
"Damnit"
It was easier not to think about her most of the time, Isaac knew it wasn't healthy to repress stuff like that but what else could he do? Going to a psychologist would get him thrown in a mental hospital, or picked up by the government. And-
"Hey man, you ok?" Isaac refocused on Josuke's face, a small smile on his open face as he queried the engineer. "You kinda spaced out for a moment there."
"Yeah i'm good." Isaac lied, choosing to spare the kid from Isaac's own bullshit. "I wasn't really paying attention, how's the game going?" Isaac quickly changed the subject, an attempt not unnoticed by Josuke.
"Well nobody's actually managed to score on their side yet, so that's pretty good, given our powers though I reckon the same might hold true for us."
"I gotta admit, it was pretty clever of Okuyasu to figure out what to do that quick. I still don't really get what his stand does though."
"It's actually pretty simple." The Higashikata boy elucidated. "His [STAND]'s right hand erases anything it touches, and everything around it sort of zooms in to fill the gap."
To punctuate this point, Koichi's last throw had been soundly pulled off track by Okuyasu.

You know, using exaggerated angry faces only makes you look as if you're parodying yourself.
Secondly, none of the Writefaggotry so far has had any form of shipping in, which is where i personally would draw the line.

This does not look like that. It just looks like fan-fic, not, "Dude, it'd be cool to have this."

Have fun "getting shit done" with your quarian / necromorph erotica. I'm sure it's very conducive to developing rpg mechanics

>bitches
>gets told to cry about it
>"No"
>proceeds to cry about it
>crying amounts to, "you're having fun wrong, stop having fun wrong!"
Well, alright then, you have certainly convinced us, we will now proceed to have fun in the correct manner.

Which is, and always was, however we damned well please. Go choke on a dick.

what.

Doomed has been working ona system with a few other anons including me. We were talking about it just last thread.

Now you can either keep whining or proceed to spend your time somewhere else. No one here with any sense is going to reply to you again, or at least I won't

Speaking of what's taking you so long?

>speaking of which

whoops

I'm not saying your fun is bad, it's on the wrong board. Fan fiction =/= board games, buddy. Not even OC fan fiction it's all fuckin MC wank shit. I'm sure you'll find much better traction on the board you belong on.

Isn't this board also about story-telling?

If it was on the wrong board, we'd have been moved to /trash/ by now. We're on thread... four? Five? At this point, without being moved, so clearly someone sides more with us than with you on this subject.

Don't reply to him. He needs to check the previous threads, though he is kinda right about what's going on at the moment.

Doomed, where are you?

many more than that. The old threads lasted a few months until we all decided to part ways

>old threads
Yeah, I remember those, I was just referring to this particular run of threads, but hey I'll take it.

I personally believe that since I've not been banned or anything, i'm free to continue.
If the mods make the decision to no longer allow my writefaggotry then i will certainly move elsewhere, but until that point. Or until the overwhelming consensus is that i should stop, I will not.
There will be no more updates today, as i am British and it's almost midnight over here. As always, criticism will only help me improve.

Wait.

You were banned on this board?

For what?

No i haven't been banned, that's why i think i can continue.

Oh. I misinterpreted that.

Board game user from last thread, will get to compiling my walls of text into a more cohesive doc soon.
For future work, does anyone have the ishimua map from DS1?
Beyond that and tweaking it to become the layout for the game board, its largely balancing issues and fine tuning mechanics that're needed- stuff like general numbers for successes, gearing, proportions of cards per deck, etc, combat details (ranged / melee divide is my first thought) and we're getting somewhere.

Post it on Google Docs...or on 1d4chan.

That way you don't need to do walls of text on the thread.

Why would you think you would have been banned?

This is too fucking awesome of a image to not be made, we NEED someone on this, and be sure to give Jack a "this is my fetish" face, and maybe have Grunt whine about how he cant have the skulls of his enemies on his armor. Also, would this be before Isaac met them or after Isaac met, given what you had for Miranda thinking when she saw him, almost like they met already, but that's just me nitpicking?

Kek, the terror Isaac in that instance would inspire would be worse than any Reaper could ever accomplish without cheating.

Well shit...is there any stand that could tie it down in one spot? Could it be contained in the |HIGH LIFE|?

Personally, I wrote it where Isaac has been with them for a short while, long enough for them to see he has issues, but not long enough for them to realize how "OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT" his issues are. I

This is a terrible idea, RIAC will devour the stands next to it...and all nearby meatbags to boot. Actually this brings up a thought, Kira has a severed female hand with him most of the time doesn't he? If he is the guy I am thinking of, then what would happen if the Marker reanimated the hand?

I've got a couple on the drive, not a while lot of detail but it shows what's where on the ship. A little bit of photoshop work would turn it into something similar to Arkham Horror's board.

I...what? You didn't finish writing it yet? Post what you got man!

No, it's finished, doneski. I can greentext, but I'm no writefag. I was just sharing what I was thinking when I posted.

Damn, that's a shame, I wouldn't suck dick for it, but that story would be pretty damn awesome.

Unfortunately there isn't an official deck plan for the Ishimura beyond the tram map that I've been able to find. The idea comes to mind to pull up the level maps from Dead Space and lay them out on the ship over their sections and see how that looks.

Did we want to have subsections within the ship compartments? For example, Engineering Compartment could have Control Room, Engine Room, Machine Shop and Fuel Bunkers.

This is also nice, Kasumi is just begging to be picked off by the Lurker in the escape pod though.

>Isaac stops about 10-15 feet away
>Holds his arms out by his sides
>And speaks with the voice that echoes with the rage of a thousand dead and damned species
>"It is the fate of the weak to fear the strong"
>Team's faces when

killer queen could destroy RIAC, GER would probably be able to get him with the infinite deaths. but as far as i know that's it.

most likely very little, Kira is a very clever man and would probably destroy it with killer queen before it could do any real harm.
Honestly if you're a necromorph, Kira is you're worst nightmare. He can pick you apart at range using killer queen and stray cat, fight off any necro at close range (poke, BOOM) and the marker can't reuse your biomass because there are no atoms left over..
Kira could instagib the Ubermorph.

To contrast the Kira point, once RIAC had infected one of Kira's "Girlfriends." Kira would no longer be able to indulge in his hand fetish, the "relationship" he has with them would no longer have that aspect of safety.

that's a bit over the top

Since Dead Space has a relatively 'set' number of items that the Player can use (Discounting DS3's custom weapons and universal ammu) would a deck-based system of random item generation work?
Like you have seperate decks for: Weapons, Supplies, Tools, RIGs, Etc.
By having a physical representation of what each player has, no one has to peruse character sheets or whatever to make sure they've got something on hand. Helps remind the player as well.
Players are equipped with a RIG, with different suits (may be contrary to DS canon/gameplay) having different inventory slots and appropriate bonuses for players.
It'd be a pain in the ass to print out but it would organize shit and tactile pieces tend to remind players of the shit they have - which a survivor in an extreme situation would probably have their mind on besides just surviving.
I recall a previous thread mentioning having unique classes with their own advantages, and I believe it was Doomed who mentioned using Betrayal at the House on the Hill rules and mechanics to well make the game.

Tusk act 4 might be able to not only destroy Rat In A Cage, but all markers across all universes just by touching it.

So far what I remember about previous threads about tabletop:
-random map from tiles, representing a asteroid station
-there is a several decks for players: one is stuff, like RIGs, tools and other is BAD SHIT deck, which contains sometimes valuable events, most mostly crises and
-each player start on separate locations, and can team up to trade items and draw more cards from a stuff deck. But if they gang up, more severe BAD SHIT cards going into play, up until DO OR DIE crises
- Do or Die crises are special cards: if they could not be completed, they will have a SERIOUS disadvantage and possibly a game over. Major infestation, engine suddenly died, MAKE US WHOLE etc.
- There is a hp and madness tracker for every players. If they will fill their madness track, they lose a special ability and teamwork bonuses.
- They can lower madness track by rare items or if fulfilling a several crises, IF they was on a team fixing it.
-each player is a OC character with a special role. Each role have a special ability, but with a drawback:
Engineer: Can repair everything, including broken doors. Drains resources like a madman. If going mad, draw resources for a hellish, but useless contraptions.
Soldier: can kill everything, but have going mad faster than everyone. If going mad, turns into psychotic maniac
Scientist (AKA Ex-Cultist, AKA Unitologist): can divert some bad shit by making himself more mad. If going mad, will go full MAKE US WHOLE cultist
Miner: can make resources out of nothing, but can't fight for shit. If going mad, will turn into sobbing wreck.
Medic: Can make other less mad or wounded by drugs, temporally making them less effective. Have a shitty stats overall. If going mad, will be constantly haunted by his/her dead lover.
Specialist: can make stuff remotely (one tile range), providing a limited teamwork bonus. Have a weak health. When going mad, will turn into paranoid shut-in.
Cont. but that's all what I can remember.

There was also a suggestion for making a asymmetrical gameplay: one player is the Marker (possibly Unitologists) and others is a Survivors
The Marker control every necromorphs and can add a bad stuff to a map. His objective is to kill or drive mad all Survivors, complete Convergence or don't let them complete one of the DO OR DIE crises.
For survivors there might be a several objectives, depends on a scenario:
-Escape from this hellhole
-Destroy the Marker
-Survive long enough until cavalry arrives.

has anyone tossed ideas around for like, Unis versus Egov? Egov's trying to destroy an experiment and unis trying to free it?

Yeah, that's was other idea. Personally I would prefer it make a full co-op or limited PvP.
Unitologist strategy would be "Throw necros at problem" wile Eathgov is "Throw this expensive gear at problems"

This is all right in line with what I'd been writing up. I could go either way with one player handling the necromorphs, as I've got it now they're handled by the event cards IE event A generates X necromorphs at Y and Z locations, next event drawn would have them move towards compartment Q or something.

I hadn't actually. The focus so far had been mostly on a cooperative style game, but a versus game would be fun. Say making one player spawn and control Unitologists/Necromorphs maybe?

>Say making one player
sounds good to me!

A lot of EGov's highest ranking members are Unitologists, and they receive more funding than they should from them. That's how the Unis in DS3 got ahold of so many weapons so quickly, and why they seemed to outnumber you so drastically. They were either government/soldiers themselves or were armed by them.

Now, being a holdout faction of loyal, non-Uni EGov soldiers could be pretty good.

I love this so much

Is anyone actually running a game yet. Don't tease me like this Veeky Forums

I'm writing up a short Shadowrun story arc I ran two(?) years back during the first round of Dead Space story times. Long story short, a group of corporate mercenaries prevent the world from Being Made Whole.

I meant a game that I can join

None that I'm aware of. If enough anons started pushing for it I'm sure a GM could be found somewhere.

Someone please tell me thats just a shitty mod.

I was thinking tram map or something- horizontal layout, then maybe divide the larger areas up into 2 or 3, with one or two subones- so medical deck would have "surgery room" which is a closed off space (also one point the hunter can spawn in)

Map divisions and subdivisions are something that's going to be important though- as the more map locations there are, the less combat will happen as there are more spaces people can be in and so less likely for them to be in same space as necromorph.

But more mag segments also means that it will take longer to move around the ship as each move action only take you one segment.

Player action economy also needs to be sorted- how many actions will each player get on a turn. As that determines how much stuff needs to happen, how long itll take to move places etc.

I thought it might be Vandal from the iOS game, but she has red hair. And the graphics are much lower-res.

Reverse google image search gives me it being a pre-DS3 fan image, likely made using RE5's Jill model.

Engineering tunnels/vents are used like in most games with shortcuts (the only game that comes to mind is CLUE with the underground tunnels) which I would envision taking multiple turns:
Turn 1: Enter tunnel
Turn 2: Can be used to either
i) Hide for 1 turn
ii) To enter it's other side

Maybe have the random real weapons be stronger, while players could make there own weapons with universal ammo but those guns could be weaker than the specialized weapons. That way a player with a specialty in engineering could get bonuses for player made weapons, but also have them try to find parts of better quality that are spread out though the game zone.

Sounds fucking awesome, I cant wait to read it.

As the board game user, my plan for that is to have the repurposed tool weapons give combat and engineering points, while the combat weapons are just combat points, and are generally available in the lower gear tiers than the higher end gear.

As for combat, I've been thinking that the way to work it is to do melee / ranged combat.
So you encounter a necromorph. Ranged combat happens first, then melee combat. Both sides deal damage at the same time in both stages. Combat takes place at the end of a round, after all human players have had their turns.

So say, you encounter a slasher which say has 5hp, and melee damage 2. You're playing the prisoner, who has +1 combat native, and you have a pulse rifle that gives you +2 combat.
Ranged combat happens first, with you dealing 3 damage to the necromorph. Slashers dont have ranged ability, so you are unharmed. Now melee combat happens. You deal another 3 damage to it, killing it, but it also deals 2 damage to you.

The intent of combat being that one person with tier appropriate combat gear should be able to kill a standard tier appropriate necromorph in one round, but take damage doing so.
Which means that if you have multiple people, you should be able to kill a necromorph without taking damage, but it means that you're clustered together and so might have trouble getting around the map to reach objectives.

This also means that if multiple necromorphs are in the same space, it becomes a lot harder to deal with them. Take the prisoner w pulse vs slasher from before- now put in a second slasher and have it as before- you can only target one necromorph, so you would deal 3 to one in ranged, necro 2 is unharmed. Melee happens, you kill one, take 4 damage, and the second necro is still unharmed.

(ranged combat happens all combats, not just the first- it's assumed that you are taking potshots while relocating, and that melee combat is when a necro has closed with you, but you get away afterwards.

Bumpity bump
Also: happy new year ya glory basterds