Warhammer 40k

Nuking your allies because you can edition.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Someone forgot to create a new thread" sub edition

Are Blood Slaughterers good? Should I field them with my Maelstrom of Gore? I'm trying to make a fluffy WE list Dinobots don't really feel like something they would use.

Fuck your shitty OP.

Where's the fucking list builder?

4th for 7th ed Nid codex when?

THIS! user is getting old

As long as you yell GET OVER HERE when they pull someone.

Never, Nids are an irrelevant faction soon to be squatted.

Fuck you.
People begged to be spoonfed for the application link and ignored the OP, so I took it away.

What list builder can you recommend?

right after IG, so basically never.

>newest large terror to the galaxy
>entire tendril coming to squat the BA
man i cant wait till they get destroyed

IG will probably get one in 2017. After Cadia falls, they will get a new plastic regiment.

Notepad++

so I am making a mech imp guard army, but I have no idea which upgrades are useful and which are useless. How barebones should I keep my chimeras? LR? Hellhounds?

>they will get a new plastic regiment.

Not

>being this butthurt

Deathwatch 7 Droppod Black Spear Strikeforce
Yay or nay?

These general OPs lately have sucked.

First they stop using goggle GSC and now this.

Its time we make 40k generals great again.

The generals must serve the community first and not the whims of whichever fragile and weak ego that is creating it at any given moment.

Tons of frag cannons.

>complains about poor-quality general images
>posts a shitty /pol/ meme
nicely (You)'d friend

Everything should be bare bones basically. Sponsons are worth it for every Leman Russ except the ones with Ordnance weapons as their turret weapon. But try to keep them bare bones until you got all the tanks you need, then start adding sponsons.

Vets should just be Chimera with Multi-Laser, Heavy Flamer and Vet squad should be minimum 2 of the same special gun, since that's all that can fire out of the hatch. It can be good to take 3 guns in case you disembark to shoot something, but most of the time you don't want to get out of the Chimera, and if you have to, that unit is likely dead next turn. I'd recommend going 2 plasma or 2 melta to not waste their BS. If you want, load up on 3 of the same weapon, or 2 of the same and a back up Flamer. That can be nice if you have to thin a hoard. I would personally start with 2 of either melta or plasma, and then at the end see if you have the points to make them 3.

Command Squads are pretty good units for riding in Vendettas if you keep them in reserve. Otherwise you can do Vets in a Valkyrie.

Taurox Primes are really good and you can just deep strike the squad itself while having the Taurox Prime on the table. Taurox Prime Missile Launcher plus Twin-Linked Autocannon gives you a nice 100 point anti-light vehicle unit.

More 2nd edition Nids

>must serve the community

>throws a tantrum and removes list builder link

I read your post. Congrats.

>>throws a tantrum and removes list builder link

Yeah I'm not saying that's a good thing. OP is a weak person. And he should also burn for not removing Space Odin's garbage.

no u

I want 40k to get the AoS treatment, the rules are too clunky and it fucking takes forever to play a game.

It would also be nice if my basic units could damage a Wraithknight instead of watching my opponent just put one on the table and realizing I'm fucked.
This game has just become an arms race of who can spam their book's strongest units.
Tactics and gameplay take a backseat to list building.

Go back to your dead general.

This is actually vaguely fascinating, in that he clearly put in a bunch of research effort to make a real nerd reference rather than bullshitting something... And then wrecked it by making it stilted as fuck.

>It would also be nice if my basic units could damage a Wraithknight
Guardians, Dire Avengers, Skitarii Vanguard, Fire Warriors, Scatbikes although Shuribikes would do better
That's just off the top of my head, also Marines can shut the fuck up because they have grav.

>Tactics and gameplay take a backseat to list building
Building your list is the first tactical move you make in a game.

I actually have run something similar. Honestly, running a minimum BSS to get the command benefits and then running everything else in a cad is the best way to go. Maximize OBsec (and frag cannons do not have trouble wounding).

Why don't IG have grav weapons? It doesn't make sense.

It was pretty hilarious how smug they were around the generals handbook release about that brief burst of interest the game got before everyone realised points didn't magically make the actual game functional.

thanks man.

I am planning on giving the vets 2 meltas. I was also considering taking ratlings, but I found out snipers don't having pinning anymore, so I guess I will scrap those too. I am building a list now. also not really sure what to put on my CCS, just fill it with meltas?

For anyone who is unable to google "warhammer list builder" and select the first result.
>webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Literally just look up "40k list builder" you tard

>from the minimalization threads on /w/

It's still selling great, and the generals are far from dead.

I play both and AoS is far more functional than 40k right now. Every army is viable unlike 40k.
Your comment clearly indicates you don't play AoS so you don't have any fucking idea what you're talking about.

>"Just Google the rules PDF idiots"

>"Just search yahoo for the FAQs morons"

>"but here I'll link to some shitty fanfiction", that's important"

Why does he have all those detailed logos but no facial features?

>joke version

I'm still looking for good, non bank breaking women for my imperial guard. If anyone has some options, I would appreciate info

>Works better than 40k because 40k doesn't do balance at all

Until the game stops having shit so fundamentally, mind-numbingly flat out wrong as random turn order, this will always be a troll statement.

A single grav weapon is worth more than the lives of all the men in the regiment carrying it.

>Sanguinius with a helmet
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEE DELET THIS

There's nothing wrong with random turn order and I like it.

Meltas or Plasma work for CCS. If you do take a CCS, I'd recommend taking the Emperor's Wrath formation. If you're not sure what that is, it's in the picture. Giving the formation vehicles orders is pretty sweet. I'd go with that plus a CAD of Vets and Pask Commander. And whatever else you have that you want to put in.

Is the user looking for the Nid pics from The Gothic and the Eldritch still around?

I'm back home and can take som pics now.

>There's nothing wrong with random turn order
Sure, you keep telling yourself that. It couldn't POSSIBLY have any problems.

>I like it.
You do you.

For Genestealer Cults, is it better to go with the Vanquiser or Battle Cannon on Leman Russes? I play against IG, Space Wolves, CSM, and Necrons most frequently, so the AP 3 large blast is enticing, but I feel like anti-vehicle is going to be a problem, while I have plenty of rending talons to kill Marines with.

last funny one i could find

If you really don't like it, you can just not do it. Easy as that.

>I hate feeling like I'm simulating a war

Man, remember that time during the battle of the bulge time randomly distorted and happened twice as fast for the allies as the Germans at a critical moment?

The only thing that makes Vanquishers viable at all is BS4 Tank Commanders and their aura of +1 BS in that one Guard formation. Don't bother otherwise.

>so I took it away
No the fuck you didn't, you didn't, you just did a lazy rollback. I you'd just taken away the list builder, that'd have been one thing. But you've got this outdated template fucking saved somewhere and decided, "Fuck it" instead of trying to update it.

You got the old mega, the wrong label on the FAQs and Errata, still staying the fuck away from the clowns, and you trying to bring back Space 0din.

How the fuck you gonna imply that other anons were lazy for not reading the OP when you can't even be asked to be current?

The thread is a bit different than the vector thread; in that the purpose is to recreate the character but in some sort of simplified maner. Typically by reducing the number of colors, removing riples and shading, and the details of the face. Some like the less detail, others like it for hiding power levels.

The warhammer stuff is probably a result of it being extrapolated too far; where the person still removes the facial details because of precedent, but is such a fan of warhammer that he still wants to do all the details.

>pic related, a more "normal" example

Yo that's not me, user, you mean the guy that replied to me.

Lol, you're clearly a try-hard WAAC fag aren't you?

You want HARDCORE TABLETOP STRATEGY? Go play chess.

This is about playing with model soldiers and rolling dice.

Nah user, here's some REAL heresy

Looks good he should wear the helmet more. Maybe if his hair hadn't gotten in his eyes Horus wouldn't have gutted him.

You right. My apple-oggies.
This was in response to this

Oh you are like the Facebook faggots that assume competitive means full ITC waacfagging try hard

Instead of not silly list like Melee SoB, competitive means list that work and are not for the lulz alone.

Also random turn order is just stupid. Maybe in a 1v1v1 could work. Anything else is so fucking stupid it hurts

Decided to make a list comprising of mostly re-spawning units of hilarity. chaos is alpha legion and commissar has carapace armor to make it 750 points.

cultists kill infantry and tarpit while scions target vehicles, teqs and mecs.

Scions should be minimum numbers so they die faster.

>Gets spoonfed, though it wasn't deserved
>Still complains
Holy shit.

This. If you tell people they respawn, they'll try to get the numbers down to 2-3 and then not shoot them more. With 5 they're more likely to accidentally overkill.

I heard someone say there's a Vanquisher with some kind of instant death shell, but I don't see it in the codex. I assume that's some FW rules. Do you know what book they would be in?

Actually random turn order makes the game even more challenging as you have to make decisions knowing that you may not get to go first next round. It adds another layer of complexity in your strategy.

IA 2, armoured battlegroup list.

That list also has COMMISSAR TANKS.

>pictured: Leman Russ

Speaking of nukes...

Can I have some evidence or an example of the Imperium using traditional atomic or hydrogen bombs/missiles?

I'd be shocked if they didn't but I want an example.

If I recall correctly, people can't stop you from using FW in GW stores right? I mean, they can still just not play you, but there's not rules against FW stuff inherently right?

hahahaha nicely memed my buddy why don't you go write about it on 1d4

it's up to the store managers.

>"I determine what the peasants on this board deserve, I'll make sure to shove my fan-fiction down their throats whilst neglecting everything else."

That's you.

I see. Okay, thanks for the info.

FW IS GW, any GW manager that triest to stop you from palying FW in their store is going against company policy.

In your FLGS it's up to the manager but no FLGS manager should be so autistic as to try to enforce GW's mentality in their 40k games while (hopefully) running all sorts of other games simultaneously.

Gee thanks, cant wait for the prophet of the 8th to return.

FW is bullshit.

If FW stuff wasn't blatantly better then there'd be no fucking reason to buy it.

The deathstrike missiles are either conventional nukers or vortex depending on the warhead iirc.

The Imperium doesn't generally consider nuclear weaponry as we know it worth the risks of using. If they want to fuck a planet, they have Exterminatus munitions, and if they want to actually keep a hold of the land they would be conquering they don't want it to be awash with fallout.

That said, I'm pretty sure nukes were using in the Krieg civil war because it was at that time that the planet became the radioactive hellhole it is today.

Lol everything in the Eldar codex is leagues more broken than FW. You cant even take forge world without taking a CAD which nerfs your list even harder.

Yes, fucking monsters, don't get the grappling hook though, standard slaughterers are perfect, the hook is a downgrade.

>Closest looking thing to a revolver is the Radium pistol
>tfw no plastic revolver bits

What the fuck is wrong with you this thread?

It does seem like bullshit. Instant Death shots sound fun against Tau though.

Deathstrikes use a plasma warhead actually.

I support your argument for the most part but
>Peltasts
>Malcador Infernus

The best Russ is generally the Eradicator since the ignores cover makes it murder on lightly armored enemies and the fact that it's not Ordnance means you can fully use the hull and sponson weapons. It's also cheap. So an Eradicator with HB sponsons ends up cheaper than some of the variants bare.

The Vanquisher with Las is pretty mediocre at BS3, but I guess it arguably has a role. As for the LRBT, GSC have so much rending that I think specifically taking a more expensive weapon with hefty downsides just to deal with power armor while being weaker against everyone else is a bad idea.

It's been modelled off the British Service Revolver from WWI and WWII, so if you can get some plastic 28mm infantry there should be some.

92nd for the unhinged jaw of the many fanged emperor.

I've seen people say this before, and every time I wonder if you read what you just typed before hitting send.

I mean really, do you have any concept how stupid that sounds? I have to plan around random bullshit, so it's more strategic?

Tell you what, I'll flip a coin after every turn, and if it's tails I'll spray the table down with a fire hose and anything that breaks counts as dead. You have to plan around it, so it'll add some amazing strategical depth.

What if I launched an assault with them?
here's new list.

I have no idea what I am doing

would this be an okay start from which to expand?
I am a fan of the banewold/hellhound, but Idk if they are any good.

>The Imperium doesn't generally consider nuclear weaponry as we know it worth the risks of using
more likely they don't need to consider nukes because their basic munitions do the same job, cleanly

Melta-torpedoes, macrobatteries, high-yield lance batteries.. they have the function and damage of nukes but without the fallout. No point in busting out nukes unless you're backwards country hick PDF bumpkins, like krieg during its civil war.