Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: The Lady Wills it edition.

>Last Thread
Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. Please go shill/troll elsewhere.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2016/12/13/made-to-order/
1d4chan.org/images/3/33/EldarExarch.png
1d4chan.org/images/9/94/WitchForest.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>My game crashes first always when I hit the character selection screen and then when I start loading a mission.
What do?

Verify the game cache?

Check if your GPU drivers are up to date?

People that play any edition after 5th disgust me, either play oldhammer or 9th, but you are literally still buying lots of models and supporting AoS like retards.

Any reason one can't play 5th with new models?
I play 7th with a mix of KOW and secondhand stuff

I buy historical minis and play 6'th edition.

As promised, a pdf of the story( ) I posted over the last two threads, for anyone who happens to care.

Enjoy. Please feel free to tell me what I did wrong (or even what I did right). It's the only way I'll learn.

I very rarely use my tripcode, but since someone might actually want to talk to me about the story (it could happen) I thought it would be convenient. Also, for once I actually like something I've written and am not embarrassed to be associated with it.

I buy nothing and shitpost on Veeky Forums
why do old army displays look so comfy?

>vibrant colours that are not too garish
>no overdesigned miniatures makes everything clear what you're looking at
>no overdramatic ADHD combat poses

How long have you had this issue? Have you verified your game cache? I had similar issues for a while, but it stopped being an issue after a while. It's weird, like it was actually a server or connection issue.

How does it crash? Any error messages? Also, what's your specs? Make sure all drivers are up to date.

Most of them are well painted in a simple but pleasing way. Just about everything stands out just from their profile or their colors. The only place where I think it looks crap is with Bretonnian knights - their colors look so flat and boring, since GW encouraged no washes or detailing. It's like looking at a bunch of flags.

Oh cool. Fireforge makes plastic archers now. It's like I don't need Games Workshop at all for my Bretonnia army.

Its the flat broad surfaces of the horses barding that does it

did that other user finish his story?

which story?

lance formation was pretty silly

triangles in a game of rectangles were great

Was there ever a relevant Ungor in the lore?

no, they're just there to provide the hero with easily killable minions.

Case in point: is what you're referring to?

Was there ever a relevant Bretonnian peasant, or Empire militiaman, or a Vampire Counts skeleton?

I was thinking of a particularly intelligent Ungor who would lead an army of rebellious Ungors that make smart use of muskets they stole from the Empire.

There are relevant Goblins and relevent Marauders.

>that make smart use of muskets they stole from the Empire.
That goes against the very nature of any beastman.
They hate civilization and want to see it destroyed.
Using guns requires training and supplies, i.e. organization and infrastructure.

Just not possible.

Goblins have their own groups - it's like how there are are relevant Orcs, because the whole group is Orcs.

Mauraders aren't as high up as Chaos Warriors, true, but leaders of them are more like captains in the Empire or lords in Bretonnia.

Any other idea to have an Ungor warlord?

THey rank up perfectly. They are not copy/paste identical, but still are mostly in the same pose.

Modern GW minis look like they are in combat. Old ones look like they are marching.

That's why I like a mix. New minis in the first two ranks, old minis in the back.

It helps that old warmachines are kind of cute. They're smaller, look more humble.

Militiamen in short stories.
There was an old Bret monk peasant who was slightly important.

Go back to the sourve material that GW ripped off.
Broo.

Make an Ungor who isn't completely evil. He guides travellers into conflict for the sake of conflict. It sometimes benefits them, sometimes not. All results benefit him. Civilization is a dying thing, he's standing back and watching it fall apart from a distance while his brothers hammer at the base of it.

He'd be a Dogs Of War character, not a Beastmen army one.

A female?

Yeah well, an Ungor rebellion sounds interesting, just saying using technology like muskets feels lore breaking. At least imo. I mean they are using crude weapons and armor, most of it probably looted too, but guns are quite a bit higher up on the civilization scale I think.

The paradox thing about Beastmen is that they are born out of pure chaos. They are basically a side effect of corruption like radiation or something. They spread like a cancer across the old world.
They hate civilization and order. The chaos god themselves have no love for them though, since they've always belonged to them - the thrill of corrupting the innocent etc doesn't play into their service to the gods.
They're basically a force of nature, even though there is nothing natural about them. They also have a natural pecking order. Which seems like a proto civilization but is determined by strength alone.

Gors, shit on the Ungors and Minotaurs, if they are smart enough to know they can do that, shit on everyone else.
Shamans are smarter than all of the other and favored by the gods, so they have a position of power, not necessarily as leader, but always as advisors.

Putting an Ungor in charge of anything would probably only happen if for some reason there were no Gors or Minotaurs around.

If you were to fluff it's like 'after a while in isolation an Ungor with unusually big horns was born and got shit done, then led the others back to the herd and wouldn't take shit from Gors anymore' (and avoid being killed of course) I could kind of see it.

Is it worth getting if you have no friends to play it with.
The ones who do have it I think hate me and only have me for another point in the list.

If you don't suck and don't breath into the mic or scream like you're a ten year old /v/irgin, there should be no reason not to play with you.

But its good for PUG games.

Its just Left 4 Dead Warhammer basically.

>Don't buy TWW on launch because none of my armies are in
>It goes on sale, buy it
>Don't like Empire, greens okay, Vamps are okay
>Dwarfs are fucking amazing
>Keep playing Dwarfs
>Buy Dwarf minis
>Play some Dwarfs tabletop
>Read Dwarfs lore, love it
>thisholewasmeantforme.gif

Did anyone else do this?

while its on sale, yes. Not worth full price.

I'm playing it right now, actually

If you're EU me and some friends play occasionally, you'd be more than welcome to join.

Don't we have a Veeky Forums Steam group?

Okay everyone...the moment of my return to playing warhammer... I got this army off ebay for 300 bucks. (let that sink in...300...dollars...full army...and to me has some really nice looking paint jobs..) I'll post the inventory first...then post some of the pics of the army.

protip: It's Bretons

x1 Leon Leoncoeur
x5 Grail Knights (unpainted...which I'm worried about them coming out crappy with my mediocre paint skills)
x2 Trebuchets
x3 Pegasus Knights
x2 Damsels on Foot
x1 Green Knight
x15 Archers
x15 Archers
x16 Men at Arms
x14 Men at Arms
x16 Men at Arms
x5 Questing Knights
x9 Knights of the Realm
x6 Knights of the Realm
x1 Lord
x1 Standard Bearer

I have no Idea

How's this for a Terrorgheist stat block for WFRP 2e? Trying to make a foe at roughly the challenge level of a wyvern.

Terrorgheist
Terrorgheists are monstrously large undead, nearly the size of dragons, made from the remains of some of the truly terrific beasts that haunt Sylvania. Ghoul kings prize them greatly. Uniquely, owing to their infusion of vampiric blood, a Terrorgheist has some capacity to regenerate from injuries. Left to its devices, a terrorgheist will paralyze its foes with its terrifying scream before diving recklessly among them, savagely flailing about in a frenzied attempt to feed its dead, rotting body.
======================================
WS: 35 BS: 0 S: 55 T: 65 AG: 38 INT: 18 WP: 25 FEL: 0
A: 4 W: 40 SB: 5 TB: 6 M: 4 (8) MAG: IP: - FP:
======================================
Armor: H - 0; B - 0; A - 0; L - 0

Skills: Perception +20

Talents: Flier, Keen Senses, Natural Weapons (Claws, Teeth), Strike Mighty Blow, Strike to Injure, Terrifying, Undead, Unstoppable Blows

Abilities:
*Death Shriek: A terrorgheist's scream is a sonic weapon of terrific, some say magical power that many liken to hearing the screams of the damned themselves. Whatever the case, it can inflict terrible injuries or even kill those who hear it outright. As a full action, a terrorgheist may perform a death shriek. Use the cone template. Targets in this space suffer a Damage 4 hit that ignores armor. Additionally, they must roll a Willpower check or be stunned for 1 round. Targets that are immune to psychological effects cannot be stunned, and the death shriek can be mitigated to a Damage 2 attack with a successful Agility check.

*Regenerate: At the beginning of its turn, a Terrorgheist regenerates 1d10-1 Wounds that are not inflicted by blessed weapons or spells from a Divine lore.

>Was there ever a relevant Bretonnian peasant

Repanse d'Lyonesse.

So starting out with the Standard Bearer... again..I'm flabergasted I got that entire list for 300 (shipping included too!)

Thin your paints

I always liked 3rd Ed. best, except for the Pushback Rule.

x1 Bretonnia Lord... Not a fan of how shiny his is...I may matte varnish him

Thanks Dustin

Sure, better than the crippling depression of no multiplayer games.

Last thread everyone was saying Gav Thorpe never wrote good Fantasy.

He has. Dwarfs.

Grudgelore, Doom Of Dragonback, 6e Army Book.

Gav writes 40k bottom tier shit garbage for every other faction. But his Dwarf stuff is good.

Which is funny because he is the elf guy.

He likes fantasy and likes Eldar.

He sucks because he has to combine the two.

It also devalues Eldar as it's own thing in 40k.

What did Mallobaude see when he drank from the Grail?

There's Ungrol Four-Horn

My Beastlord's background is that he's Bray who was the most downtrodden member of the herd.
Then one day he challenged the former Beastlord to a leadership duel and Tzeentch smiled upon him for his sheer ballsiness and granted him victory.
Now he wears the old Beastlord's horns as a trophy and leads the herd with the leadership roles upended - ungors are higher status than gors.

This was before the 7th edition book though. I'm sad they used a very similar story for Ungrol.

Age of Sigmar.

>Ungor with unusually big horns
Isn't that just a gor?

Makes perfect sense, really. You don't sperg out over stuff you don't idolize. It's like Ward and Ultramarines.

Same desu

>actually playing this shit
>not just being a fan of the lore and setting

I'm still cross with him for making Vampire Counts bland. Alessio branched them out from being the Dracula faction to 5 different subfactions and Hav just rolled it back to the Dracula faction with some sideshow units.

So you or me gonna drop a name or what?

>Mould lines
>Barely washed
>Possibly unthinned paints
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Great as a tabletop standard, and 300 for a full, discontinued army (you may need extra knights tho) seems like a bargain, congrats!

I can tell by this model alone that you got a great deal.

Anyone?

Alright whfb grognards.
help me and yourself to get those old hammer minis back instead of complaining about how large your anus is since AoS.
pic related. On facebook you need to ask for more oldhammer models.
they are literraly giving you the change to have any order models in METAL even back to the first molds, and i see none of your grognards crying for lost mini posting anything.

the post is """old""" but still relevant

the link : warhammer-community.com/2016/12/13/made-to-order/

lets go basement dwelling faggots. at least dwell with me and cool af oldhammer minis

I asked for 6'th edition Empire Greatswords.

I need boxes of old greatsword so bad.

Come to think of it. I stopped buying a lot of minis in 8'th edition because I hated Finecast. If they had stuck with metal I would have been buying more WHFB.

I can only hope that they will listen.

Thanks for the PDF! I think you really nailed the warhammer fantasy setting's mood and tone here. I particularly liked your take on the beastmen, and I really enjoyed how the twist at the end had plausible justification rather than being pure deus ex machina. I notice that between this and your halloween story you've really stuck to holiday themed tales. Perhaps this is constraining you more than helping? I'd be interested to see any stories you write that have year-round appeal. All in all it was a great read, and I might even send it to some of my friends who don't frequent this board.

According to Lexicanum, a Gor is any beastman with horns. Thus, Ungors are in fact a variety of Gor that simply happen to have smaller horns, thinner hides, and less muscle mass. Hornless beastmen are called Brays and they're the REAL lowest of the low.

As for the ongoing "revlevant ungor" question, to me it seems like magic is the only real force for social mobility in Beastmen culture. Shamans can have a lot of influence, so why not make our Relevant Ungor a particularly powerful spellcaster who consistently slays his larger and stronger challengers using magic?

Pat skaven.

> I notice that between this and your halloween story you've really stuck to holiday themed tales.
like I said, now that they've discontinued fantasy I don't have much inclination to write for it any more. I'd already decided to write something Christmassy for Veeky Forums (as I did last year with 'A Visit From Logan Grimnar'), and I only picked a Warhammer Fantasy theme largely because I bought myself Total War: Warhammer and Vermintide for Christmas, so I've been on kind of a Warhammer Fantasy nostalgia binge recently. I miss you, Fantasy

I write non-holiday-themed stuff all the time, just hardly ever for Fantasy (owing to its untimely demise). If you want further examples of my work, I've done a 40k story or two
1d4chan.org/images/3/33/EldarExarch.png
1d4chan.org/images/9/94/WitchForest.png
plus dozens of miscellaneous other works.

I may have one more complete Warhammer Fantasy story laying around somewhere from a few years back. I'll see if I can dig it out tomorrow, but it's gone 4am here so I should probably get some sleep.

(also, if you read my skaven story, what did you think of it? Did I get the skaven right?)

> rather than being pure deus ex machina
or was it?

and naturally, having established that I have a trip, I fucking forget to use it.

I love that picture.

anybody tried using Tabletop Simulator to play WHFB? seems like it could work

Can anyone give a summary of empire precautions/defenses on blackfyre pass? Lexicanium is very vauge and my wfrp 2e sourcebooks don't say anything.

Well from what little WHFRP knowledge I have, I'd say those stats are right and proper.

I think there's at least two castles there and as many as 3 knightly orders. One specializes in mountaineering, and then there's the Knights of Sigmar's Blood, I think.

I'm going to be featuring a conflict in my WFRP 2e game between two minor Bretonnian families.

One has a castle and modest attendant holdings, the other probably two or three castles altogether and attendant holdings.

What sort of force would it be realistic for them to field in household knights and trained yeoman?

At this point talking to GW is like talking to an abusive boyfriend.

I'll stick to ebay

except by buying on ebay you fuel GW.
go chinaman if you really want to boycott

i only i could find 40 of the first dark elf crossbowman on ebay that easily...
They never show up. let alone being at a decent price.

Yes. The most scurrilous Ungor in Drakwald once traveled north, bred with imperial women which are now the UngoL.

Those pricks are sticking me worse than GW ever did.

Not sure if you mean real historical yeomen or Yeomen in the Bretonnian context - in the Bretonnian context, Yeomen are mounted peasants with bows and spears that act as skirmishers.

Anyway, you'll obviously get the respective nobles of the families who will fight as Knights of the Realm - possibly some Knight Errants among younger members of the family, or travelling Knights Errant looking for a good feud to prove their worth in. For one castle and modest holdings, I'd guess they'd be able to offer up six Knights of the Realm, and twelve Knights Errant. The two to three castles and attendant holdings, you'll see a number more - sixteen Knights of the Realm, and twenty Knights Errant. This is a shoddy estimate at best - really depends on the size of the families and the type of the feud, and what other families might join them.

For peasant forces, I imagine the one castle force would be able to raise up maybe thirty Men-at-Arms and thirty Archers, with the three castle force being able to raise up a little over a hundred of each - they have more holdings, and probably have more healthy peasants to draw levies from. Yeomen would not be as common as knights, but I imagine a squad of six for the one castle, a squad of twelve for the other. A lot of these guys would probably be entrusted with defending their respective castles, instead of the field.

I keep coming back to the WHFB setting, its just so fun. The problem is I could never really pick an army.

Most of them grabbed me in some way when I read the army book.

That's where mordheim comes in.
Get one of each warband for the price of a single full sized army.
Make sweet multi-levelled terrain.
Play a campaign and watch the story form up.
It's quite possibly the most fun you can have with WHFB models and lore.

I remember once a guy modelled one of his warband with a spring for a leg.

Because he lost his leg and gained the leap ability after the same battle.

Really, understanding the OP isn't that fucking hard.

>Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. Please go shill/troll elsewhere.

I love the attention to detail, but it annoys me so much that it's combined with unthinned paint and poor washing.

Huge faggot. Its about having fucking new in box oldhammer models

No, its about shilling for the abusive husbando. There's an entire general dedicated to sucking GW cock and fapping over WoW-tier fluff and models. Go there. Stop shitting up unrelated threads that very kindly and respectfully ask you to not bring that shit here, already in the OP.

If we want models, we'll get them from somewhere else. I don't want GW anywhere near Warhammer Fantasy again, whatwith 8th Edition, End Times, and Age of Shitmar. They went out of their way to destroy the setting and render it both confusing and unusable, seemingly to spite fans of it. Fuck GW.

what does everyone think of dryads, I really like the models

I was always interested in the more alien designs, like the ones with three eyes or asymmetrical faces.

>mfw the dryads came out

Never wanted to play an elf army. Even elf terrorists.

Year later I bought some so convert as minor demons for a Word Bearer host.

Now that that book is outdated too and minor demons aren't even a thing anymore I dunno.
Still like the models.

I fucking love that. Please, more.

>minor demons
Please, tell me more, especially in how it relates to dryads.

>I bought some to convert

In other words I liked the models so I bought them without having any real use for them.

Don't be a smartass. Reading the post, even with typos should make it clear what I was talking about. Especially given the context of how the other user said
>I really like the models

you'd love total warhammers take on them

if you insist

but I do admit anons my gf did these,I just think they are pretty neat. I absolutely adore the models for these and treeman my lord, It almost makes me wish I weren't an empire man

To be fair here are some of those forementioned empire I liked that I've done, just took pictures of them.

I wasn't being a smartass, sorry. I was honestly curious. Re-reading it, I can see how it's all "Please, tell me more about this claim that is obviously bullshit", but I wasn't being a memelord.

Because dryads totally sound like something that would be a form of minor daemon.

Okay, sorry I was just pissed off already about something else when I read that.

At the risk of taking this a teensy bit off topic I intended to model them after the wordbearers badge with the flaming skullface.
So I was either going to sculpt that myself by hand or do some headswaps and then add flames to the back of the minis myself.
I was going to paint them like burned coal basically with flames dragging behind them.

I made this super informative infograph for illustrative purposes.
In reality I just usually shop conversions I'm thinking about doing before doing them.This one would involve some sculpting though so I left it at that.