Veeky Forums vidya

Since we're still in time for the Steam sale, what Veeky Forums vidya could I get? And what

Other urls found in this thread:

aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=112.20
youtube.com/watch?v=k6mZZiI4ShQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I recommend Crusader Kings 2.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-buy. Only 99.99

Ah yes, the Keen Rule. Along with "I don't even need other boards anymore," the rallying cry of the shitposter.

Mount and Blade: Warband
FTL: Faster Than Light
Rogue Legacy
The X-Wing Collection
The Dawn of War Series
Long Live the Queen

Dude I just needed an image to go with the thread. Come on.

Ignore him, he is one of the people who have done nothing and produced nothing for Veeky Forums apart from endless whining and bitching.

VA-11 Hall-A is pretty fun if you want to play a comfy game as a cyberpunk bartender.

Either show me, in the Veeky Forums rules, where the "Commander Keen Rule" appears or head back to Or better yet, stop posting and immediately take your own life

Divinity: Dragon Commander
Darksiders
Deadspace
Overlord
Styx: Master of Shadows
Sanitarium

Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Assuming I'm going to be playing DOWII: Retribution mostly for the campaign, which DLC are essential to get?

Mordheim: City of the Damned

Don't know if it's on sale, but it's damn good user.

I heard you like RNG

If there ain't RNG, can you really say it belongs on Veeky Forums?

Reminds me of actual Mordheim desu, back when finding someone to play it with wasn't fucking impossible.

Why the fuck do I have to play that and not gorkamorka or necromunda

why did THAT get made and not those?
man there aren't even orks in that game.

I miss /dangeru/

Darkest dungeon
Warband
FTL

Everything Homeworld related. The backstory given to Homeworld 1 is great, and Deserts of Kharak fits right into it as a prequel.

None of it. Ignore it all. It adds nothing to the campaign aside from the item packs.

Is Darkest Dungeon any good?

Legacy of Kain, all of them

I like Rainbow 6 siege but I dont know if that is even Veeky Forums related

do you like RNG ?
Do you like games like XCOM ?

I swear more people need to play Hyper-Light-Drifter
It's like Zelda meets souls with vietnam flashbacks, but you are a a clone created to serve the mad gods with a lightsaber in a strange medieval-futuristic civilisation
You also get guns and the ability to beat kids at football

It's pretty fucking great.

It's fun at first, but there's no actual depth to it.
I did extensive modding on it to make it into a significantly better game, but realized halfway through that it was a doomed effort compared to spending that time on other games.

It's pretty atmospheric, though, which is cool. But no staying power.

Dont forget Nethack, Armello, and salt&sanctuary

All good CRPGs, roguelikes, some roguelites, XCOM, etc

EYE: Divine Cybermancy
Deus Ex series

>no depth
ARE YOU COMPLETELY OUT OF YOUR GOURD ?

What does this have to do with traditional games?

>supporting that corrupt Sarkeesian bullshit
Fuck off back to tumblr, faggo

huh. you've just reminded me to pick up King's Bounty today

No?
The actual tactics are just "he who strikes first wins," then you get two guys down to 10% or less and stall for time while you heal and destress everyone. There's no choice for which rooms to travel to because the dungeons are almost entirely linear. All of the hallway events are "If you have the appropriate item, get a buff. If not, giant alien spiders." Bossfights have one optimal strategy. Moving monsters around has almost no benefit. Party composition is actually fairly strict. Levelling up is a chore because party members won't run lowbies through dungeons... and it means if you keep the same team together at the start of the game, by the time you've unlocked the first boss they'll refuse to fight him because he's too low level.

These were all conscious design choices that decrease the depth of the game by limiting the viable choices the player can pick. Fortunately they can all be modded into something better, but again it's a question of time.

Magrunner: Darkpulse
Eversion
Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth
Magicka 1: Wizardry has never been so much fun
EYE: Divine Cybermancy
Fallout: New Vegas
Sword of the Stars
Tropico 4
Alpha Protocol

Tool on over to GoG.com to get:
Age of Wonders
Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete Collection
Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Chronicles
Shadowrun Returns (Dragonfall > Hong Kong> OC)
NWN Platinum Edition
Things to avoid buying (but not necessarily avoid):
Crusader Kings 2: Is good, but has literally $300 of DLC. Just pirate.
Stellaris: Has the potential to be good in a few years when they finish it.
The Ur-Quan Masters (Star Control 2) is free online.

I don't think you finished the game. Or even got beyond the first set of bosses.

What did you guys buy?

I got FTL, Enter the Gungeon and Brütal Legend.

>Brütal Legend
Get Sacrifice

Legends of Grimmrock
Wizardry Series
Etrian Odyssey
Monster Hunter
SMT: Strange Journey (maybe also soul hackers, but specifically and only Strange Journey)

Basically anything with a grid-based movement system, punishing combat, and extremely autistic customization.

I was playing it in early access and watched in horror as it became less and less of a game. All of these concerns were raised at length and repeatedly on the forums and were never addressed. It's ok that you like the game, user. A game can still be fun even if there's not much meat to it. But there were a great many people who were deeply disappointed it by it, myself included.

Aurora.

This game is regularly used to write some godly stories

aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=112.20

Just like Dwarf Fortress.

80% of people should just get SotS 1 instead.

>ctrl+f
>King of dragon pass
>0 responses

Shame on you all.

But also, PS:T, any given Ultima from 4-7, Sorcerer's cave, Master of Magic, and Fall from Heaven (The civ mod)

Ok, so I just got one of those Bluetooth controllers, the ones that makes emulating anything other than Pokemon on your phone possible. I'm looking for anything up to and including the 16-bit era with a good story, preferably Sci-Fi, but I'll take anything I can get. Already played most Square/Enix titles and major titles like Super Metroid. What else can I play?

Chrono Trigger.

Played it, both DS and SNES versions, as well as FFVI. Good games both.

Pillars of eternity if it's on sale

Stellaris
Total War: Warhammer
Orcs Must Die 2
Dark Souls
Civ 6
Civ Beyond Earth

>Stellaris
What did these anons do to you, m8?

What's wrong with Stellaris?

Last I checked (admittedly, mid november) it had no midgame, simplistic combat, no diplomacy worth talking about, no trade worth talking about, and managed to put more of a focus on combat than any of their GS games while still having less interesting combat than CK2. And being paradox, they're selling the rest of the game they should have had on release as DLC.

What isn't wrong with it? Music and art are pretty top tier, I'll give it that.

oh hey, there's a sale going on

My recommendation. It's a fun game.
youtube.com/watch?v=k6mZZiI4ShQ

>someone else knows about sacrifice
Was that game good, or was it fucking good.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Pirate it if you want to support the Devs.