Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Submerged edition.

Have you ever run an underwater adventure?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/products/btpy9qiw?Remarkable-Races-Submerged-The-Mrawgh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Not anime bullshit

Thank you.

no because the rules for it are ass

>Build idea
>Scroll Master Wizard/Brewkeeper
>at level 11 can use Wands/Potions/Scrolls at his CL rather than the created CL. He can use metamagic feats with potions.

This could work.

New poll: who do you want in your Molthune Knights party? Select multiple options!

www.strawpoll.com/11993408

This.

Did you know spear fishing by RAW does not work in Golarion/PF derived settings.

Fuck off.

So if I were to go some combination of Mithral Current, Elemental Flux and either Riven Hourglass or Silver Crane with the agile dancer feat, That'd be dex or cha to spellcraft, acrobatics, perception and perform (dance)?

ARRANGED MARRIAGES /PFG/ AND ELVES. YOU WILL LISTEN AND COMMENT

I've recently had some amusing ideas about "arranged" marriages between elves (and potentially dwarves) /pfg/ okay I actually thought this up about five months ago. Particularly around the 'gender swap potion' controversy where it was determined the actual price of the effect of the potion in question was only around 450 gold to purchase, rather than the 2250g to purchase (1125 to craft).

In the case of arranged marriages, you may have a noble family that loosely arranges a marriage 150 years before they have kids - a sort of "hey our houses work well together, we should merge them" verbal agreement (or a more legalistic one for the dwarves) - and when they finally do pop out some young-uns their kids both turn out to be the same gender, they loosely groom them in their responsibilities and make sure both parties are consenting - then the heirs get married and they swap off on gender-swap baby duty (cause gotta produce heirs of their own).

You now have loving F/F & M/M noble families/dynasties, with proper heirs... because wealth, magic and long lifespans leads to funny shit.

In fact, now that I think about this more, it could be a not uncommon tactic to consolodate "weaker" houses/clans by making it so there is no fighting over heir's etc.

Another place where it could be applied is in a menzoberranzan like setting, where it could once again be used to completely consolodate houses. There's a lot more complications there, and a lot of backstabby prone behaviours, but it could turn two weak houses into one moderate one, with a reasonable dual-matriachy that is later handed over to a single matriach. Less loving, but more POWER.

>Did you know spear fishing by RAW does not work in Golarion/PF derived settings.

Wat

C'mon, buddy cheer up!

Wanna talk about something else? We could talk sbout RoTJR, dragons, big titty fox matriarchs, or more details on your underwater adventure!

Would your underwater adventure have big, hulking sentinels/guardians? Would you call them Big Daddys? Or Big Bros maybe?

?

Are multiple heads an unattractive feature for dragons?

Yes and no. I don't think you can chain them, using Martial Performer to replace Perform (dance) to replace Acrobatics, but as long as the Perform skill you invest in is dance you can use dex or cha and the Dance ranks for spellcraft, acrobatics and perception.

Depends on if you love each heads personality. I mean, Beatrice is beautiful, but Jackie is kind of a bitch - draconic name equivalents of course.

My group had to chase down some aboleth Truenamers through an underwater labyrinth last week, it was hell.

>Link doesn't work

Shiggy
www.strawpoll.me/11993408

So if I had say a 20 in dex, a 16 in cha, and 3 ranks in perform dance, with that trait, what would my total bonuses be on acrobatics, spellcraft, perception, and perform dance checks be?

I'd love to play an underwater game but I've never played pathfinder before despite owning a fuckton of books.

I have the entire Cerulean Seas campaign setting along with the Mrawgh player race:

paizo.com/products/btpy9qiw?Remarkable-Races-Submerged-The-Mrawgh

DUNKLEOSTEUS MERFOLK.

What if they're all the same personality but different aspects of it?

3 [Class Skill] +3 [Ranks] +5 [Dex] = +11 for all four of them.

Why do people like Kurat so much?

plz responds :(

>Kurat/Alastor OTP

All for the price of one skill point per level? Neat!

How a dex based dance check helps you identify spells, or see danger I'll never know!

Yeah, not who you are talking with but I ran into that one a while ago when I wanted to make a grenade/firearms focused archetype for Alchemists. I ended up going 'Fuck it' and making it an alchemical item/firearms switch hitter archtype for Harbinger in the end because trying to make the various cogs turn well for Alchemist was painful.

Has a lot of good archetypes going for him:
>Team Dad
>Family Man
>Vietnam Grandpa
>International Man of Mystery
>James Bond
>Actual Realistic Spy
>Lots of marriage age children

It costs you a trait as well!

I assume this woman ate every last fish within 30 miles?

At work ill give lengthy ideas on it later. But overall I like it

The trait seems very worth it in this case though. Getting it to pull of my main combat stat and adding another skill to the pile sounds like a great deal.

That's sounding more like a How-to-Fail-the-Mary-Sue-Litmus-Test kind of list than anything.

Wait, what about that list is Mary Sue?

How do the determine who bears first? Flip a coin? Weaker house bears first?

Wait, so Christopher Lee is a Mary Sue then?

Half that list is the same fucking thing on top of a lot of stuff being shit /pfg/ made up about him rather than qualities of the character themselves.

Is everyone that wanted to apply for Molthune Knights already submitted?

Hello /pfg/ Its me, the user who asked about the DDS Magic Academy module and decided to buy it anyway to have a look.

Anywhoodle, as some of you may or may not not, the pdf comes with their "Fantastical Creatures and How to Survive Them" book built into it, so I've been going through that. Now, that book contains a mix of some new creatures, as well a reimaginings of classic monsters using the Spheres of Power magic system.

Then it has this thing...yeah. This cap if for you guys

No! I'm still trying to get the finishing touches on mine!

I think Vietnam Grandpa is the only thing /pfg/ mage up.

Amazing.

Do you know if you'll be able to clean/post it? I'm definitely interested in a Hogwarts time.

>team dad
>shitty tumblr meme
>Internation Mystery Man
>James bond
>actual realistic spy
>all fucking mutually exclusive.

There's that fairy farmer from the last thread!

Family man is a tumblr meme? What?

>Do you know if you'll be able to clean/post it?
I don't know how to. I tried asking if anyone know how to or where to find a PDF scrubber, but no one answered

>Speed only 5ft

How is it supposed to catch and eat paladins like that?
Teleporting just isn't the same.

It lures you in, you can't make your saves forever
Also, Unwilling Teleport means you are already in the Gazebo before you know it.

You cannot escape the Gazebo

There's instructions on thischan+3's Veeky Forums, I think.

Qanon uses qpdf.

repost because last thread a kill

user it's... It's ALREADY being designed as standalone class because of exactly that reason. There's barely any alchemist left in it, just the Discoveries, skills, and saves. I can maybe see it being turned into a hedgewitch archetype, but it would have to be a pretty transformative archetype there as well.

Women have families, men are just the things that make them.

Wait what? Family man is a term that goes back a lot farther than tumblr. It's a term originating from 1950's americana advertisement. What the fuck are you on about?

No really, I don't know what you're trying to imply here.

So let's say my noble family follows a patrilineal structure and I have 7 children who are all daughters.

So I tell Betsy, my eldest daughter to drink this potion and then marry Arlinn. the daughter of one of my most powerful allies?

What if Arlinn decides she wants to be the daddy next and they produce a son , and the child that Betsy sired with her when Betsy was a man was also a son?

Who is then heir? Just defaults to eldest?

I feel like this gender swap stuff can lead to complicated rules and laws, and those could lead to maybe an interesting political intrigue game.

>intentionally mis reading what I posted
Team Dad is at tumblr meme.

Learn to fucking read nigger.

How is Team Dad a fucking tumblr meme?

Wrong, its a TVTropes meme
learn to internet boyo

Why is Team Dad a tumblr meme? Why can't a character be a father figure? It makes sense for him to be a father figure since he has been a father to more than a dozen children.

For the mutually exclusive elements of a spy. One can have multiple elements of being a spy that aren't mutually exclusive. A mix of the lot. Which he does.

International Man of Mystery is mainly his large black book. Realistic Spy is in the descriptions of what he did as a spy. He doesn't have much James Bond to him.

I want to arranged marry the elves in that pic!

Or email QANON at [email protected]

>Or email QANON at [email protected]
I highly doubt this is a legitimate address

That doesn't make it any better.

I can see several issues with having multiple heads. Like over eating. If all 5 of your heads eat you'll get full really fast.

Also oral would be super akward at least for the man. Cause you've got 4 heads not doing anything and talking like normal while one is doing the nasty.

not eeven going int holding conversation. Do all the heads talk at the same time? Does one do yhe talking but the others interject?

Why is she always yelling whenever she appears?

IT IS

>Oral

Dragons have very long tongues, user.

I doubt the other heads are free thinking

Because she is the Princess of Shift Keyngdom

But you still got at least one extra head just looking at you.

>not wanting a hydra girl doing all sorts of lewd things to you at once will all her heads

Quick! What's a Destruction Sphere blast type group for Energy Blade?

Hmmm, well it seems I'll have to get a throw away email or something then, because I can't figure out the scrubbing on my own.

Either that, or do the lazy thing and wait for someone else to buy the PDF. It is on sale afterall

I don't think you understand how blast type group works.

Energy Blade is a blast shape.

Or am I misunderstanding the question? If you want a blast type, battering is good if you want to knock people prone.

I think you mean what is a "good" blast type group to use with Energy Blade.
Personally, I'm an Acid Group type of person

I want to use Energy Blade and am taking the energy focus drawback limiting me to only one group, at least at the start.

Battering seems nice, though would it provoke a second AoO on top of casting? That seems kinda meh for doing d4s. Where would I find how many feet it'd push people, and would pushing them into the ground count for that?

Is the electric blast not a good option? I'd assume the possible attack bonus would be nice. But I can see why the stone ones are good too, avoiding SR and stuff sounds cool.

To be honest, Energy blade is kinda shitty.

Electricity is resisted by everything. So is fire. Stone suffers DR issues, and if you're focusing on Energy blade you most likely won't have the raw caster level damage to over come it.

Pick a blast with a nice rider effect like gloomy or raident if you must use it.

What are the coolest non-casting PrCs?

Swordlord!

Hellknight Commander and Student of War.

Spy Master, Sleepless Detective, and Horizon Walker are neato.

Champion of Irori

What would you suggest an Empiricist Psyforensic Investigator do with two talents then? I already have time+shift time (personal), fate+bless (but no hallow), and divination with some extra stuff.

I'd also need a new plan for my 1st, 5th, and 9th feats since I was planning on doing a lot of energy blade.

Landsknecht

Do you have restriction suggestions for GMs with low to medium experience?

Like, "No Tier 1 classes," or something like that?

Get players who you can trust not to try to break the game. Then you won't have to worry about tiers(too much. t5 character in a party composed mainly of t1 and t2 characters is obviously not optimal even if the cleric mainly heals and the wizard mainly blasts).

A lot of it depends on your player's experience. If they are inexperienced let them play tier 1 classes. A lot of abuse comes from people knowing how to abuse spells like Planar Binding.

Here are some things I always suggest:
>No magic item creation
Magic item creation fucks over game balance because wealth is such a big part of character strength. If you want them to have some access limit it to consumables (scrolls, potions, wands).
>Elect someone to be inventory tracker
Either whoever is most enthusiastic or rotate. Otherwise players will forget things. Players always get serious about this when I tell them that stuff they don't remember is gone for good.
>Write a summary
Include important names/places/people. Players are little shits who will forget.

Grab Warp for mobility, or grab War for rallies.

No starting above level 6, no summoners, no gestalt.

A "blasting" wizard is counter to what a wizard is meant to do however. A sorcerer is a blaster. A Wizard is meant to use battlefield control to support his martials.

Things like Grease in order to cut off escapes/make enemies slip and fall to allow martials to kill them more easily.

Read your Monster Stat Blocks, and always have copies on hand. Always keep in mind the special abilities, defenses, and feats of your critters

Summoners are more an issue with inexperienced players will take a very long time to do their turns while managing 4-8 summoned creatures.

>A "blasting" wizard is counter to what a wizard is meant to do however. A sorcerer is a blaster. A Wizard is meant to use battlefield control to support his martials.
Not really.

A Wizard/Arcanist with like a level dip in Sorcerer is just as good at blasting, arguably better.
>but muh spell progression
Potential +2 damage per dice on damage spells is worth retarding spell progression for.

Remember to note how smart the enemies art, and the enemies knowledge skills.

All characters know a bit about magic, what you can manage on a take 10. They however will not know specifics unless they have trained in it. However "spreading out" is almost universally a good idea. Any enemy used to fighter and with cognizant at least as good as a below average human will know to do so.

Things like Zombies will act like mindless creatures that ignore pain.

Vermin react to pain.

And here is my BIGGEST piece of advice. Remember most things don't want to fight to the death. Most GMs forget this.

>A Wizard/Arcanist with like a level dip in Sorcerer is just as good at blasting, arguably better.
>a level dip in Sorcerer
Then they are not a wizard. They are a multiclassed sorcerer/wizard.

>Potential +2 damage per dice on damage spells is worth retarding spell progression for.
It's a potential +3.

Hm?

Orc+1
Dragon Blood+1

Blood Havoc specifically calls out Sorc spells though.

And cleric isn't really that great at healing. Doesn't change the fact that fireball is the most iconic wizard spell, and healing is the most iconic thing for clerics to do.

>Blood Havoc
The thing is Wizards and Sorcerers share a spell list. Wizards = Sorcerer spells. Because "Sorcerer" spell mainly refers to it being cast from the sorcerer spell list.

Though I may be wrong on that.

>Doesn't change the fact that fireball is the most iconic wizard spell
I would argue against Fireball being the most iconic wizard spell. It is Fly or Invisibility.

In media and public perception.

Not Char Op.

No I'm saying in Media and Public Perception fireball is not the most iconic.

Look at Gandalf, one of the most iconic media wizards. Fireball is not his iconic spell.

Gandalf is a high-HD outsider with innate casting, not a wizard.