>cassowary
2SPOOPY4ME I DON'T WANNA PLAY

Dumping

I would familiar this one.

Is it biological or mechanical?

>not tiger/cassowary for pure fear and death

you had 1 job artist

>Cassowary X Raccoon

I like this. I wanted, back during 3.0, to write a book based around the principle of making Chimeric animals and adapting qualities from each of their component parts. Things like "Lion mane provides additional natural armor" and "Bull limbs provide excellent acceleration and natural trample attack." each bit of a creature would add 2-4 special qualities for the ultimate creature, but they would also be craft-able by the PCs and GM.

it was dumb and pointless but it would have worked for 3.0 D&D. just add to the bloat.

anyhow: in this case, the "griffon" is a cassowary / raccoon.

Raccoon Body & Limbs
> Semi opposable thumbs, can manipulate objects, open doors, use simple tools.
>Naturally stealthy: has an innate awareness of cover & concealment.
>Great Climber:
>Scavenger Toughness: Advanced fortitude saves and additional hit points from their rough life.

Cassowary Head, wings & limbs
>Hunting Focus: Cassowaries are principally vegetarian, but they enjoy stalking & killing small mammals and reptiles, they target smaller adventurers as a priority.
>Flightless : the wings are vestigial and not used for flight.
>Mighty Leaper - can always jump as if it had a running start.
>Razor-sharp claws: Cassowaries treat their claw attacks as if they had a critical threat range of 19-20.

that's not a gryphon. That's a monstrous humanoid. the damn thing has HANDS!

YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME SCIENCE!

I need this in a desperate way.

So... Diana Wynne Jones, Dark Lord of Derkholm and Year of the Griffin. That anyone else's childhood?

Last one.

I love gryphons.

That looks a lot like the Basalisk from Dragon's dogma.

Amen. Toss on Patricia C. Wrede's Enchanted Forest Chronicles.

>NO

YES!

>no

Is that all you've got to say?

Okay, now I just need a griffin, a gryphon, a wurm, a wyrm and a worm.

I feel like I'm the only one with a strong disdain to a gryphon that's not a traditional combination of eagle and lion. Falcons, hawks and owls I can accept, along with other large felines scaled up and down, but the rest feel like deviantart OCs and chimeras.

Also like my gryphons really fucking big.

I'm calling dibs on this one.

>no signature cassowary foot claw
OH COME ON

Funny, I have a slight disdain for traditional gryphons. Tired and cliche at this point.

But, thats just an ostrich with half a tiger behind it.

Reminds me of The Seventh Tower, and how much I wanted Beastmaker to be a real thing.

Man, griffons are great.
On the very first mission that my group ever went on, they found a baby griffon egg and hatched and have been raising it. Now he's bigger than the dwarves, and his wings are starting to come in.

He's my absolute favorite NPC to roleplay, because so much of the communication he does is through expressions and body language, and I get to make all sorts of fun noises.
The day that I kill him off to bring emotional resonance to battling the BBEG is going to be delicious.

hummingbirds are dicks irl
youtube.com/watch?v=st8XJ6v9CR4

I've been in my yard and the fuckers will buzz by my head fighting over a feeder and wall of flowers.

Here's some variants for ya

Pigeon-rat griffon?

Or Crow-rat griffon?

>Not having Krackertratts as your fantasy-city pests
These I like for rural areas.

This offends me because I know kiwi's don't have wings, especially not noticable ones. Other than that a nice series.

All biological things are mechanical, but cogs are tiny and organic, and submerged in water. Ocean machines, truly

Cool stuff. Thanks, user.

What if there was a griffon that combined owl and bear?

>Not posting superior owl griffons.
You guys disappoint me.

holy shit gimmie

Wait, as in the ones with Princess Cimorene? Fuck dude I feel like the only person who ever read any of those

Hell, yes you guys. That was the best series in the Twisted Fairy Tale genre as a kid.

more like get engaged to monster, hubba hubba

Any of you have a pic of a mechanical gryphon?

Seagull-rat. Do it.

I thought that man was a censor bar...

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE

I like Diana Wynne Jones, even if the ones i read felt a bit weird for having like all the plot threads resolved the last chapter

What is this from? I ask for monster slaying purposes only.

Well, that settles it. Guess I'll have to rub down this griffon with military-grade nanite gel.

Why does this make me wanna cry a little?

Seagull griffon coming in.

Daily reminder that Deathclaw was the size of a house cat at one point, and used to terrorize palace staff and visiting nobility by gnawing on their ankles.

Are griffons underappreciated in fantasy?

>>gnawing on their ankles
I'm sure Karl might have thought it was cute and all, but shit that'd be really dangerous.

>Not having a rats ass end

Shit, absolute shit.

What? It's a ship's cat and a seagull, clearly a nautical beastmaker was practicing his art.

Okay but why does it have breasts.

Okay, what magnificent work of pixel artistry is this from?

Here you get a rat ass tail.

That's why it's called terrorizing. Also, it's a fucking baby gryphon (kit-chick?) named Deathclaw. It's like having a pet boa named Jormungandr.

So you can fap to it.

Is the bird part supposed to be a pelican?

Okay but why would you? I mean, I'm not even sure this specific layout would appeal to furries. No sign of intellect even.

Because people hate normality.

Motherfucking Shoebills are heartless assholes (but with a good reason), when they have more than one offspring they often prioritize the eldest and keep the youngest as a sort of backup until the eldest grows up. The youngest gets beaten up by it's sibling, ignored by its parents after a few weeks and usually dies.

I kind of understand the process though, sad as it is their eldest will be more likelier to survive if they are the only one.

Princess Crown

I don't get it. Is it just being cute or is there some point to all this bobbing around?

Its in love yo.

>no turkey griffon

Zhank you my highly pigmented friendperson of most likely african or american origin. May all the blessings be upon you. This gryphon is amazening!

>front end is a turkey
>back end a deer
>most delicious flesh in the multiverse

I assume it's developed some kind of relationship with the keeper, and likes to be pet.

That better be worth it, user. You better have a damn good in-story reason for that beautiful creature to die and not be just fiat.

>be OP
>find shitty picture of furry gryphon
>post to Veeky Forums expecting furry hate thread
>discussion about different types of gryphons begins

>implying Veeky Forums isn't either a) furfags themselves or b) gotten so desensitized to furfag shit that they don't care anymore

But where are the proofs?

Something like this perhaps?

you know I remember reading about a creature based in american tall tales that look like a sausage with 4 legs and based on how it was cooked, the meat tasted like different meats. like boil it for hotdogs, grill it for chicken, fry it for steak, ect.