Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

When I Say "Assam," You Say "Lovely," edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Dragons are red, Avengers are blue, the Wraithknight is huge, and he's going to kill you):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

I got cheesed by a full 1250 point Tempestus Scion army AMA.

I thought these fuckers were a joke.

>no armylist builder link

Why are all the OP's show shitty now?

Howd it feel you herectic

They are a joke. Your army was probably just even more of a joke. What were you playing, orks?

Why weren't you playing 1500?

nth for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What was his list? What was your army and your list?

I bet he spammed Taurox Primes and deep striking squads with meltas.

Since people never read and keep asking for it, the poster just left it out.

Look harder.

What do you think about age of the emperor ?

The funny part is its actually in there

That army builder is trash anyway.

He's fucking old. Like, really old.

If Age of the Emperor does come around, I really hope it evens out a ton of rule contradictions/miscommunications, bad wording, etc.

why are you asking for what is the tenpestus list ? its literraly only ever msu taurox with melta because you cannot do anything else with the book.
There is literraly no other option in the book

DOOMRIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

I like to know what both armies had. Now stop talking.

Show me your dudes in action Veeky Forums!
Also how many points do you lads usually play?
I'm usually in the 1500 to 2500 range in my games.

I had no fucking idea that they had access to a fucking formation where if a commissar is still in play that the regular scion squad attached hes attached to can keep coming back in deep strike even after you kill them all.

He had fucking 2 meltas and a plasma pistol.

The fucker was a hardcore scion player too all of his Tauroxs had the tire conversions so I guess he actually really likes the scions.

Lol yeah infinitely respawning shit always makes for retarded games. Tyranids, Krieg, and Tau can also do that.

>be the super elite of the elite, more precious than the worthless sacks of meat that are the regular guardsmen and conscripts and PDF who are fed to the meat grinder
>Commissar feeds you to the meat grinder

I can't because I never get to play any games

>muffled sobbing

You have a better one?

Honestly asking, I love the current one but am open seeing a better one.

How do people outfit their Alpha legion warlords? i was thinking jumppack, mindveil and lighting claws and have it group with the raptors

How's my Sister's list looking?

Battlescribe for free is better because it has the IA HQs and lets you alter the CAD force org as required, such as when a unit gets its category altered by a special rule or HQ.

But Battlescribe is shit too just use a codex and manually cross check all your shit.

I mean the scions ARENT bad people just meme on them for "muh old school" you would see alot more full armies of them if the fucking boxes werent $35 for 5 guys.

That is was kills the scions the most the way GW handled their box is retarded since the regular box of scions has access to the fucking command squad parts. Unlike Death Watch models where you can use extra bits on space marines the scions need actual scion models.

I know people say how retarded can you be the scions are just meant to help full on armies why the fuck would you make a full army of them? I personally think full storm trooper armies are awesome but GW doesnt know/care enough to actually help full army scion lists.

What were you using though?

Eldar CAD
>Autarch - Skyrunner, Banshee Mask, Laser Lance
>Farseer - Spirit Stone of Anath'lan
>20x Guardians - 2x Starcannons
>3x Windriders - 3x Scatter Lasers
>Wraithknight - Glaive and Shield

Dark Eldar CAD
>Lhamean - Venom w/2x Splinter Cannons
>5x Warriors - Venom w/2x Splinter Cannons
>5x Warriors - Venom w/2x Splinter Cannons
>4x Reavers - Cluster Caltrops, Arena Master w/Power Weapon

Corsair Raiding Party
>Corsair Prince - Cloud Dancer, Void Sabre, Shadowfield
>Corsair Baron - Cloud Dancer, Shadowfield
>3x Cloud Dancers - 3x Scatter Lasers
>5x Reavers - Felarch, 2x Fusion Guns, Venom w/Shruiken Cannon/Scatter Laser & Void Burners
>5x Reavers - Felarch, 2x Fusion Guns, Venom w/Shruiken Cannon/Scatter Laser & Void Burners

Autarch and Prince hang out with the reavers.

It's their Start Collecting.

I miss Chenkov and his respawning Conscripts. I love the Scions, but at the end of the day they're not great and die just as easy as Conscripts. It's not a fun fluffy army, just lots of planes and trucks with small squads of 5 dying. Nothing can really be elite at T3 without a 2+/3+ save, or high Initiative, or high strength. BS4 just makes them Veterans with better guns.

The OP link also has IA HQs and all the IA stuff.

>>What were you playing, orks?

That hurt.

My problem comes with its just easier to throw a list together on that and throw it up on here than it is to type up all the bullsht in one long post.

>The OP link also has IA HQs and all the IA stuff.

We're talking about the army builder, which doesn't. It doesn't even get points values or force organization categories correct all the time either. It's as bad as an alpha or closed beta build.

>he thinks SoB are elite

Nothing can be elite at T3 period.

Death Watch I was using the entire Watchblade Task force with an added drop pod and rhino

>just use a codex and manually cross check all your shit.

Are you just being edgy for the sake of being edgy now?

Jesus, I know 40k players are bitter fucks but you're really going to shit on well made and useful tool just because it's actually good?

SoB bikers when

Are you retarded? The whole point is that it's NOT well made or useful and isn't actually good.

>He's retarded
I know you are, dumb dumb.

I want this for Guard too. Also, Penitent Engines being MCs when.

I'd rather they got their Domina Pattern Drop Pods, but at the end of the day, why not both?

>SoB get bikes before scions

reeeee

Eldar?

He's saying that because Battlescribe is riddled with errors.
Example: last time I was making a list, it was allowing me to put on more than 3 pieces of gear on the Crisis Suits, I was able to do 3 TL weapons or 2 TL Weapons with support systems.

Eldar bikes are T4. Wraithknights are T8. Warp Spiders literally cannot be shot at.

>Nothing can be elite at T3 period.

This is what Marine Cucks actually believe

Exactly. That kind of shit is inexcusable and if you dumb underaged faggots simply read your rulebooks (which you don't even do regardless of whether or not you use an army building program) you'd know how to do this shit like every fucking player did before 2013.

When "ARE YOU EDGY LOL FUCKIN SPERG FOR HATIN ON PROGRAM" is your response to "READ THE FUCKING RULEBOOKS AND LEARN BASIC WRITING AND MATH SKILLS" then you should probably just kill yourself, you're the cancer ruining the franchise.

The Army List Builder is good though, just saying it's not is a shitty argument.

Marines aren't elite either dipshit, that's the point. If marines are shit and die constantly at T4 3+ what makes you think T3 is going to be better? Goddamn these generals are filled with room temperate IQ faglords.

Then don't use Battlescribe, the armylist builder is better (and also better then manual shit)

Stop posting. You're an idiot with a worthless opinion.

No it's not you fucking retard, it can't even do its job right which is build proper armies. Just because you say it's good doesn't make it good either you clueless faggot.

>If marines are shit and die constantly at T4 3+ what makes you think T3 is going to be better?

...because there are other stats and factors than just Toughness?

No it isn't, you can't even build certain armies with the army list builder. The only reason you faggots keep recommending it is because you're newfags. Yeah, you think I didn't know?

The type of fags making everyone hate this general.

So elite to you means what?

T4
T6
T8

spiders are T3, but spiders don't count

Harlequins are probably the closest to an elite T3 army, but they don't have enough reliable ways to avoid getting shot to pieces for that.

Are you retarded? There is no other stat that factors into survivability. It's what value you're being wounded at (toughness), and your save (armor, invuln, cover, FnP throw).

What do SoB have that marines don't that make them more elite than marines?

>Forgetting T5

Guess Devcents and Marine Bikes aren't good enough for whatever reason.

>has still yet to list a single flaw with the builder
>is this fucking salty about it

Enjoy wasting time to post your shit-ily written list while the rest of us post nice clean army list builder images.

Tau?

specifically talking about eldar, man

do they even have T5? I forget what the avatar's toughness value is.

Why the fuck do you idiots keep saying that picture builder is good? You can't even make a fucking basic space marine bike army with it.

Any of you excellent motherfuckers got a link to DL Carcharodons Red Tithe? I need me some space shark fighting Best Marines. And I don't think I can hold out for the audio book.

What can't you build?

I use battlescribe because the format that the list builder spits out is fucking garbage. People sperg out when I post my battlescribe text down to root points with no summaries/profiles and even then I still trim it down, but people posting lists from that army builder get no shit thrown their way because it has pretty pictures.

Battlescribe also lets me print it out because my handwriting is AWFUL.

Point is, you can use whatever list builder you want. BUT READ YOUR FUCKING CODEX to make sure everything is right. It'd be embarrassing to show up to a game and try to use an illegally equipped unit because "B-but battlescribe let me do it."

And even though 's reply to me is wailing on post 2013 players, I started in 2014. I mean it's common fucking sense to make sure everything is in order according to the source material and not rely on a fan-made program to learn your codex for you.

>has still yet to list a single flaw with the builder

Get the dicks out of your eyes.

>missing HQs
>can't alter force org
>can't even make bike armies

Not that guy but the biggest fault I find with the 'image' list builder is it lacks most FW options which means for armies like mine (corsairs) I cannot use it.

FASTER THAN A HOT-SHOT LAS-BOLT
LOUDER THAN EXTERMINATUS
CERAMITE-PLATED BOILING PLASTEEL
DARKER THAN A MILLION VOIDS

The reason you morons don't even get more than one or two critiques is because no one wants to read your "nice looking" army lists, because protip: it isn't nicely formatted at all.

5 Tactical Marines, 1 Grav-Cannon, Rhino is a lot easier to read than whatever garbage that program spits out.

Not like that program will even spit out accurate shit anyway. Points costs all over the place are wrong, wargear is wrong, units are wrong, missing units, can't even write the proper army you need to.

I honestly can't follow your bullshit user.

What exactly is your argument here, because you appeared to be saying that anything with T3 sucks because Vanilla SM suck. Then other anons points out that T is not the only stat that matters, and you go on about how wounding works...

So what the fuck is even your point?

Please define what 'Elite' means in your snowflake world.

Good. FW is all OP garbage. Teach people to build REAL lists.

It's a valid grievance. I am 100% confident, to the point I will bet money and blood that everyone that defends this shit program and is a huge fan of it is a newer player who doesn't even know how to manually write a list.

Why arent all eldar and SoB chubby with multi colored hair?

'cause it makes all the lists I play perfectly fine?

>Teach people to build REAL lists

Big talk for someone who can't even build ANY list without a picture book hand holding program. I'm starting to think you're just the creator of this garbage trying to shill. Even the regulars on this board gave up telling you its garbage and should be removed from the OP.

Hello Veeky Forums.

I'm planning on returning to the hobby and I need a full set of new paints since some of my 5 years old are stone now.

What do you think about this pack from Vallejo? battlefieldmodels. com/game-colour---introduction-set-x16-val72299-4502-p.asp
I want to do either Tau or Skiitari and I don't know if it will be good enough.

Kill yourself you stain on this general.

Oh, you're one of those. At least I can disregard all your posts now - fortunately your mentality is a dying one.

>"FW is OP" meme
>Not "FW isn't GW and 3rd party models & rules aren't allowed :^)"

1/10 apply yourself. I know we don't get (You)s anymore but it's like you aren't even trying.

Maybe YOU should define what elite means so we can see why you think anything at T3 would ever be elite.

If you don't understand why someone is calling you stupid for saying "other things matter" other than toughness and saves when it comes to determining elite survivability (and yes, that's what we're talking about, if you didn't glean that from context then maybe you really are a retard).

Veil of Tears will get you close enough to do the run-charge thing that Harlequins get to do, and it's one warp charge, right?

Just contact the dude, he's pretty cool about updating it.

That's because you're shit at building lists anyway.

I use it sometimes, I'm not the guy who is vehemently against it. Ultimately I build most of my lists in google sheets - its how I've done it for quite some time, no reason to change.

>gross exaggeration, the post

There are a few minor errors at best, and the dude updates it pretty consistently.

Just shut the fuck up kids.

the only FW unit that actually wins tournaments is the skathach wraithknight, the rest of the winning lists are all homemade GW cheese

and that's more of a problem with being balanced to wraithknight standards than anything else

Sick burn dude.

Because you retards calling simple formatting like

1 Captain, Hunter's Eye, Bike
3 Bikers, 2 Grav-Guns, 1 Combi-Grav

is "shit-ily written" but your convoluted picture shit is "nice and clean". Fact is you retards needing your picture book lists are just idiots who can't even read simple numbers and need to count the pretty pictures.

Not the guy you're responding to initially but you've shifted the burden of proof. He asked you to define elite first - therefor it is incumbent on you - from a logical stand point - to define elite, you were the first challenged.

That said - I too am very interested in your definition of elite.

yep, but it's not as reliable as you'd think

Harlequins can get work done, but they're super gimmicky. I kinda wish more people played them because they're certainly an interesting army.

How's it going reading this garbage: The responses are just pouring in huh

You mean like Unit size?

And that definition was given via context, pretty damn obviously: something that is more survivable than T3 units and MEQ

Constantly demanding proof instead of providing your own or forming a counter argument is just evidence that you know you're wrong, especially on Veeky Forums.

>5 grots are elite
>50 conscripts are elite

It's almost like it's just one faggot with the same shitty posting style of

>>post number
[short, retarded sentence]

shitting up this thread

I get you man. I've used google sheets as well, it's workable but can be such a pain in the ass sometimes, I still use it for stuff the builder can't do but that's few and far between now so I prefer it.

But I'm cool with people using whatever the want, but I know that's not very Veeky Forums of me.

Woah dude, you sure that's salty enough?

Elites are units containing models that are expensive, hit hard, and are hard to kill.

Can we all agree on that?

So elite to you is more survivable than MEQ?

Does it have to be from a purely T/Save standpoint or can it be from an 'escape mechanism' standpoint (i.e. Warp Spiders as you've conceded or Corsairs with Reckless Abandon)?

Ultimately it appears that 'elite' to you is built entirely on durability rather than functionality? I'd argue that many of the elite armies in game aren't elite because they're durable but because they're very point/combat effective.

>implying people ever responded to lists.

Where do you think you are?

No because Warp Spiders are clearly an elite unit and if you can shoot at them they aren't hard to kill at all. I'd also argue that Eldar Jetbikes are an elite unit and they aren't actually that durable if you can shoot them.