[Your Character] vs Predator

He's come to hunt the last character you played. How does it end?

Other urls found in this thread:

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Predator:_1718
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Predator:_Hell_Come_a_Walkin'
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We'll assume he's a gestalt of the Predators from the first two films as far as equipment, skills, and abilities.

Everyone is John... lol

Do I have my regiment with me? If not I'm fucked.

A Predator story set during the Napoleonic war could be cool, I dunno there may well be one I don't really follow the comics beyond AVP.

The character may be stationed with their regiment if that's where he was last, but Yautja Joe is a subtle dude. They might just end up as dead goons skinned and dangling.

The closest that I know of are 1718 which is mostly pirates in the same general time era: avp.wikia.com/wiki/Predator:_1718

and Hell Come a Walkin which is in the American Civil War stuff: avp.wikia.com/wiki/Predator:_Hell_Come_a_Walkin'

Both off by a few decades but are as close as you could hope for.

Is predator attracted to tieflings? Cause if so, Hienrich's boipussi is ready.

I'd beat the everloving shit out of him, my char moves at 150 km/h on normal basis (able to reach 250 km/h a couple of hours a day), jumps 50 meters clean without effort, and just yesterday obliterated a dire bear (6 meters tall and 2 tons bear) in one round of punches.

Space Marine, so decently even match. I figure they're about as strong/fast as each other, the Space Marine's got the edge in terms of toughness though the Pred is no slouch there either. Both of them have weapons that can hurt each other, the Predator has his cloaking gear while the Space Marine has his power armor.
In context, I'd probably give it *slightly* to the pred. A Space Marine is a dangerous enough foe that they'd probably consider just ambushing him and blasting him apart with the shoulder cannon is still honorable, so the real question is whether my dude can spot the trap before it's sprung. If he doesn't spot the trap, he takes a series of plasma-bolts to the face and his skull-muck winds up in the Predator's trophy case.
He's got decent perception, so if he does manage to spot the Predator's trap what results is a balls to the wall drag out fight between them, with the predator dodging around and using terrain while my guy goes after him like a mad bull, burning up half the jungle in the process. My guy probably loses a limb or two in the process, but manages to impale the predator with his ancestral throwing spear and takes it out before it can trigger the self destruct. If he's still conscious/mobile enough he gets to eat some pred-brains, which will be real bragging rights to the rest of the Deathwatch.

Predator vs extremely paranoid deadlands mad scientist with a penchant for automatics and explosives. Predator would probably win.

badly.

Probably depends on the Tiefling. They're pretty diverse.

Seems legitimate.

I turn him into a eldtritch horror.

>wilderness rogue with tons of magical items

My guy's pretty much fucked. Unless a wand of Fireball can instagib the Predator, I don't think his shield will protect him.

I bet you could at least fuck up some of his tech, especially the cloaking device, like when Arnie used the grenade arrow

Bitch please, I am a computer program backed up all over the galaxy. Best the predator can hope for is to remove one copy of me and at most I lose a days worth of a single instance of memory.

Well, first off, my character is 15, so the Predator might not be allowed to hunt her. I don't recall every seeing the Predators avoiding hunting adolescents, but that is probably somewhere in their honor code.

Assuming that he can, it is all going to come down to the first round of combat. My character is a level 5 Sorcerer in DnD 5e, and she doesn't carry any weapons other than her wand on her. If the Predator doesn't know about magic, his honor code is going to require him to engage my character in hand-to-hand. If I can kill him quickly with a round-one empowered Scorching Ray before he knows I have natural ranged weapons, I can win. But if me manages to get away, I'm fucked as I can't detect invisible things and that plasma caster will destroy me.

>tfw my character would survive solely because of the fact that he has no combat skills and is usually unarmed, thus isn't worth a kill marker and is thus ignored.

Better hope word doesn't get out; future Predators might try to capture her and breed her with other humans to make as many sorcerers as possible for future hunts.

>predators discover human-created AI
>realizing that their conventional hunting tactics are ineffective against this new prey, they design a cybernetic interface and their own AIs to use as digital weapons

Great, now we've got Yautja in the Matrix

If he managed to pull his meltagun on it, maybe. However he is an old man qho would fall over in a stiff breeze, so probably not?

>Nechronica.

Entirely down to the predator here. It might go against the predator's code of honour to destroy a youngster. Or perhaps it would, maybe predators would attack undead things as they're not natural? Either way, the only way the predator can lose that one is if it appears before my character and make it's intentions to hurt her very clear.

Something that looks like the worst of a genestealer, terminator, a collection of scythes and a girl smashed together and infused with means to shrug off dismembering and explosive damage (There goes the advantage of the disc and the plasmacaster) as well as near supernatural strength and speed would possibly get him done. This character was able to smash in a tank. If the Predator decides to play it safe and just invisibly snipe her, he'll easily win, but will then have to deal with the annoyance of his new trophy constantly flopping around and trying to bite him as Nechronica dolls never truly die.

I can ZA WARUDO, curse him with horrible luck, and rewind time. I have a good chance of beating him.

How perceptive is this character? Will you notice him before being killed?

>more or less a level 20 force adept built for support
>overall pretty weak in combat despite being able to hit like a truck with her robot arm, and doesn't have a great spot check
>main strengths are illusion abilities, previous life as a hunter, and great healing ability
pretty hard to actually follow and hunt down, but doesn't end well for her in a direct 1v1 fight, although if the rest of the party gets involved that predator's pretty much fucked, since a good chunk of the rest of the party are combat powerhouses and can easily cover for her weaknesses.

Well let's get a list going.

First character up is my Dark Heresy character. Feral World Guardsman, rank 6, armed with an assault stubber, an Eviscerator chainsword, and a percussion mallet. His armor is Enforcer Carapace. If it was a straight on fight, my character HAS killed a Lacrymole before, which is basically the 40k version of a Predator, but it was also with two other people and an Interrogator with a plasma pistol. Got some good hits in, but didn't manage to instagib it. If the Predator had the drop, though, my guy would be utterly fucked - 50 toughness and 23 wounds don't do much against a shoulder cannon, death frisbees, spear, or those claws, considering they can cut through a xenomorph - which, we have been shown, can take small arms fire, homemade flamethrowers, and blunt force trauma without giving a FUCK. On the other hand, since my guy is a feral, he tends to lay plenty of traps and ambushes with high explosives, so it'd probably be a fight that leans heavily in favor of the Predator. Not hopelessly so, but those guys don't fuck around.

My next character is a bit trickier. A Deathwatch Librarian is nothing to sneeze at, even at rank 3, so if my guy could sense him nearby, he'd just blast him with a Smite or Avatar and boof, that'd be the end of it. But Predators don't fight you head on unless you've proven to be a worthy adversary of some sort, like with the protagonists of the Predator movies. Again, a fight that could go either way, with Librarian having a slight advantage because of his psyker powers.

This one is an obvious win for the Predator. Hida Bushi, insight rank 2, Berserker. With the talent that comes from being a Berserker, my guy CAN keep fighting even after he should be dead... up to twice the amount of wounds he would need to take to die. A Predator's weapons would be so powerful they couldn't be accurately represented in the roleplaying game.

The predator runs out of ammo, traps and patience before my character dies.

Fairly perceptive, I have a bjt of protection in the form of slowing down attacks relative to me with time fuckery, I can nudge fate in my favor, and asuming he doesn't kill me outright with a sneak attack, I can just jump back a few seconds and attack where I now know where he is (though I keep any injuries I sustain before the jump, unfortunately)

>Superheroes
My character is pretty much She-Ra and Giganta's lovechild who's yet to discover she can do more then punch things and grow.

It'd be a long fought batle but ultimately it's one sided.
However, if she can stop it from attempting to blow everything up, she'd doing her best to befriend the fuck out of it.

My last character was in essence a krogan, so about as well as you'd expect a krogan to last in a fight versus a predator.

My character (A Crab Samurai FROM legend of The Five Rings) would surprisingly have a chance. Not only he is very perceptive and has a history of discovering invisible horrors and the like but I think he could, at least theoretically win a Predator.

That may sound like the kind of think that a week fan boy would say of the "much honobru" samurai, but I'm serious. The Predator is in a higher tier in everything except in one: strongest attack. Thanks to some Ancestor bullshittery if I spend a Void point I can do an attack that we call the "Mountain breaker", called this way because I almost one-shot a Mountain Spider with it (for those who don't know, a Mountain Spider is a spider with the size of a mountain). To make things worst, I have the bonus not only in the damage roll but in the striking one too, so I don't think he will evade me easily. And I attack twice per turn and I have to spend just 1 void point to gain the bonus in both attacks.

So yeah, if I detect him or he tries to fight with honor and I get the first hit I think I may have a fair chance.

Saying a Samurai would win doesn't sound fanboyish, we have multiple films, comics and books of Predators getting their arses handed to them by mildly exceptional individuals.

Oh, I didn't know that. But again, my guy would win... If he lands the first hit. If not, I'm sure that the future weapons will do quick work of him.

>Shadowrun
>Irradiated and fucked up sniper/decker
Not very well. Sure I can hunt him as well as he can hunt me, but I am basically spoiled meat if he gets close.
A bigger question would be I'm actually worth the effort, Preds are not so keen on weakened prey.

Okay

Rutherford is basically built like a twig. That said, he's got telepathy, detect thoughts and etc on a hair trigger. Plus some really nasty Eldritch Blast damage.

If one of the detects caught the pred, he'd be able to spam illusions about to keep it on its toes until he could line up something like Tasha's Hideous Laughter followed by an eldritch barrage.

The catch here is if the pred identified the pact spellbook as a 'weapon' then it might go full lethal, rather than just assuming the skinny old dude with the book is a soft target. One hit and Ford's down and out for good.

They're tough, and they seem to deliberately limit themselves to create 'fair' fights.

>They have a minigun? I have a plasma gun.
>They have a samurai sword? I have my wristblades.

It would definitely be interesting, considering I almost explicitely modeled my Stars Without Number warrior off of Machiko.
Still, it would almost entirely depend on who got the drop on who.

Can it swim?

just been playing City of Thieves FF/CYOA book...i'm pretty much horsed t.b.h

IIRC there is a part in the film where the Predator gets wet and his cloak doesn't work.

>Archie vs Predator
Please god make it stop.

Don't hate; appreciate

>Archie vs Predator
>Please god make it stop.

You shouldn't dismiss it, it's pretty good. Afterlife with Archie is godlike, though.

Honestly I feel like my character would have a shot. It really depends on if they're aware or not. I mean invisible plasma cannon can instagib damn near anyone, but if it comes down to a fight my character can cause hallucinations and make you body rebel against you, can become partially intangible. If my character knows in advance then she just Astraly projects and then kills him while in spirit form. So it depends on who gets the drop on who. If there is anything the first two predict movies showed up its that they are killable, and my character has more to work with than the cop or Arnold did.

Yeah, there are much better crossovers.

My last character is a pretty new vampire so the predator would probably have the upper hand. If He did somehow manage to beat the predator I like to imagine that we'd get a predvampire out of it.

Like said, no cloaking but I'd imagine if it came to hunt aquatic prey, it'd likely have underwater equipment and training.