Stat her, Veeky Forums

Lesbian, owlbear, sue/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm sorry, owlbear? I don't follow.

No one tell him.

He must find out for himself at this point.

At least two-thirds of those are clearly wrong. Possibly all three, but I'm not up-to-date on the incredibly niche inside joke that you're pretending is so obvious it couldn't possibly warrant even a cursory explanation.

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

I get the owlbear thing, but only out of implications, not some in-joke thing.

My take is magical mini snu-snu bitch. If Owlbear is a reference to Warcraft, then presumably she stacks Strength and Int gear, though she probably plays like a mix of an Elemental/Enhancement shaman. (back when you could mix trees)

Anyway is anyone else looking at faggot's pic and thinking holy shit her forearms and hands are sexy as fuck?

You guys are adorable

Mary Sue? nah.

Shit character who didn't have enough personality to carry a show on her own and actually managed to devolve into being even more unlikable? Bingo!

Lvl 20 Monk, obviously.

Still pretty hot, though.
>that fell when your GM introduces tall, brown and muscular korra-like girl as an NPC so you have to hide your awkward boner for the rest of the session

The newfag is strong with this one.

>character makes mistakes, gets beat down and punished for hubris, learns from mistakes, gradually improves, faces enemies even she knows (correctly) that she'll lose, grows as a person
>mary sue
Sure.

>user sucks cock, has aids, craces the cummies, and is still somehow a virgin
>not gay

I can make shit up too

>learns from mistakes, gradually improves, faces enemies even she knows (correctly) that she'll lose, grows as a person
>Korra
>Implying she wasn't a witless bitch whose first and only solution to a problem was "I cast Fist!" From beginning to end.

Did you even watch the series, man?

Every main character is a mary sue to Veeky Forums.

Yet the actual mary-sues like The Raven Queen are praised.

I saw when she got airbending handed to her even though they set up it was because she wasnt very spritiual. Check the fuck out after season 1
>but you haven't-
nope. Its not my job to go looking for the good parts, its the shows job to start off strong

She's the avatar, and she still gets her ass handed to her by Earth Hitler.

Korra's the one who surrendered herself to Zaheer to spare the airbenders, then fought him even as the poison killed her so they'd have the chance to get away. The one who started off the series with no tangible connection to the spirits and wound up reforming the Avatar cycle and merging the spirit and physical worlds. The one who overcame severe PTSD because the world needed her.

You're thinking of Zuko.

Zuko literally became a ninja to solve his problems.

Start or end of series?

At the start likely a Rank 3 Xia due to starting with multiple Internal styles, Fire Sutra, Ice Sutra and Earth Dragon just to begin with. Blossom Harvest as her External, it fits her general nature as a brawler. Plus the Rage of the Dragon Kings formless technique, making weapons out of water and so on.

Being the Avatar is likely a Loresheet with a built in Transcendent Technique, unifying her Elemental Chi into a single kind and likely reducing the buy in cost for new Elemental Internals.

By the end of the series she's deep into Rank 2, having picked up Heaven's Lightning, Iron Body Skill and a few extra Internals, LotW doesn't have 'Air' as an element but there are more than a few styles that would fit on the wiki and it's not hard to adapt.

In terms of Archetype... Starts out as a Warrior, picks up some Priests Arts in Season 2 and some Courtiers arts, a bit spread out but it's unlikely to matter given her supercharged Elemental Cultivation.

Overpowered as fuck of course, but the Avatar is that in universe, so it fits.

>owlbear
But she ha a polar bear.

>polar bear DOG

idgaf if the gear would technically be 'of the gorilla,' it's what she'd do as a moonkin druid before rerolling to shaman so eat my ass you autist

That makes sense. I think we all know Veeky Forums is around 30-40% That Guys, so the thought of anyone getting attention other than them would be enough to make them upset. And in the case of fictional characters, that means calling Mary Sue.

>Anyway is anyone else looking at faggot's pic and thinking holy shit her forearms and hands are sexy as fuck?
Veeky Forums's perversions continue to baffle me.

>he still doesn't get it
Do you even play tabletop games? Or did you just get lost on your way to /v/?

Dude, stop. It's a lame-ass joke that's easy to miss.

The statblock that gets posted in every "stat me" thread is from the 3.5 owlbear.

She didn't really reform the cycle, she got it reset because she wasn't able to beat her enemy, it had nothing to do with spiritual connection either.

And i wouldn't say she overcame her ptsd, they just sorta forgot about it in the writing room.

Holy mother of newfaggot.
Go back to /v/ and stay there, underage little shitcunt.

Edge and push 40 harder please, and stay irrelevant.

Traditionally, air is considered to be part of the Wood element of the Wu Xing (the Wu Xing is weird, and isn't meant to be literal physical substances. Flowers are Fire and not Wood, for example), so you could use use Wood Chi to represent that.

Interesting, I didn't actually know that. Thank you!

Are there any online resources you'd recommend for giving extra information on that kind of thing? LotW does a decent job going over the cultural context and metaphysics of Wuxia stuff, but the limited page count stops them being super detailed.

Korra just punches things to solve problems though

That's why statting her in a Wuxia system makes sense. They're all about punching things to solve problems in interesting ways.

>Mary Sue? nah.
>Literally pulls all kinds of retarded shit and gets a pat at the back
Its like you cannot grasp how horrible of a character she actually is.

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY

Cum receptacle and rapebait/10
Strong Indipendent wymin/0
Ridiculous attempt at pandering to tumblr/10

probably-fucks-like-a-tigress/10

Its pretty limited to female characters though. Which is another example of That Guy-ism and/or the need to act misogynistic to show how Internet Tough/Edgy they are.

Just once in the Star Wars thread when people are bitching about Rey being a Mary Sue I want somebody to talk about how Luke is totally a Mary Sue because he had no training in the force at all and yet has the natural talent to block blaster shots and blows up the Death Star with no targeting computer and evades Vader's force-enhanced fighter attack long enough for Han to help him and the Rebels make him a flight leader in their most elite fighter squadron with authority over veterans Biggs and Wedge based on his desert hot-rodding even though he's never shot a weapon at an Imperial until that very same day. Look at that shitty Power Fantasy Bullshit, could he be pandering any harder?

More like owlbear sue lesbian/10

>Korra
>Learns from mistakes
I'm sorry, were we watching a different show?

Skub/10

But seriously, she was fucking horrible as a character. And the longer the show was running, the worse she was. I still feel bad for deluding myself with repeating like a mantra "next season will be better"

It's pretty clear that Veeky Forums as a whole has an absolute shit taste in what characters they like and what they want a character to accomplish.

>akira toriyama clearly states that goku isn't a hero, he's just a good guy
>people go absolute autistically apeshit each time goku does something selfish like letting villains live so he can fight them another time, or giving villains an advantage to even the odds of the fight

On one hand they hate characters that are flawed or nearly-flawless.
On the other hand they hate flawed characters and want them to explicitly be flawless.

Isn't Anakin and Luke always brougt out to somehow make Rey less mary sue? Not that it is relevant since they could be mary sues and it wouldn't change a thing about Rey.

>Implying Rey is not Mary Sue
>Implying that if Luke is Mary Sue then new replacement character can or should be Mary Sue too

This is what I don't get in this whole situation. Luke is a Marty Sue. Why the fuck Rey is even worse in this regard and what kind of logic it is to perpetuate the cycle of shitty characters?

>This is what I don't get in this whole situation. Luke is a Marty Sue. Why the fuck Rey is even worse in this regard and what kind of logic it is to perpetuate the cycle of shitty characters?

Because Star Wars is supposed to be lowest-common-denominator scifi? It's not supposed to be 2001, it's not supposed to be Solaris, it's not supposed to be Alien.

It's schlock, and schlock should come with schlock characters. It's not important that the characters are marysues. All that matters in Star Wars is if the pacing is right, if the special effects are fun and if the actors act well.

Yeah, it's not a movie designed to provoke introspection. It's a movie designed to get an emotional response out of you. Excitement and enthusiasm.

That's not really a bad thing. We need movies like that and Star Wars does it well.

>and Star Wars does it well.
As long as George Lucas is kept on a leash, or just removed from the picture.

Because Rey is the only one who gets the complaint/criticism leveled against her, and if you think its not because she's a woman or because the movie was percieved by internet fans as being SJW bait for having a woman and black guy as the main protagonists, you're lying to yourselves. If Rey had been a dude the words "mary sue," would have never in a million years been applied to the character, and in fact I'm fairly willing to bet that most people who hate her would think that she's amazing.

This one is easy.

South Pole Background, Avatar Rank 5

Air 3 / Reflexes 5
Earth 3 / Stamina 5
Fire 2 / Agility 6
Water 5
Spirit 6

Skills: Athletics 5, Awareness 3, Etiquette 1, Investigate (Interrogate) 3, Meditation 2, Navigation 3, Persuade 2, Remembrance (various) 1, Command 1, Defense 4, Hunting 6, Riding 7, Unarmed Combat (Martial Arts) 8, Acrobatics 5, Animal Handling (Polar Bears) 4, Medicine 2, Deceive 2, Intimidate (Bully) 1, Stealth 2, Subterfuge 4, Temptation 2

Perks: Allies (many), Daredevil, Elemental Affinity (Fire)
Flaws: Brash, Consumed (Strength), Doubt (various), Tame, Unlucky

Airbending: Offense 4, Defense 2, Mobility 3, Utility 2
Earthbending: Offfense 6, Defense 3, Mobility 2, Utility 4, Miscellaneous 2
Firebending: Offense 9, Defense 4, Mobility 5, Utility 6, Miscellaneous 4
Waterbending: Offense 5, Defense 5, Mobility 5, Utility 3, Miscellaneous 2, Special (Healing) 4

The complaints are also highly compartmentalized online. You won't find a lot complaining on 420chan on Rey because the stoners over there know fully well that Star Wars isn't supposed to be some fucking testament of storytelling.

Don't know what internet is saying, because I literally couldn't care less.
But she IS a Mary Sue to annoying degree and I don't like that. I knew from the start the film is going to be shit. Not because it's some SJW propaganda, but because it's utterly pointless piece of shit that cancelled most of the EU material from existence in the process. So when I get some subpar bullshit with really weak characters, instead, say, Mara Jade, I'm kinda-sorta pissed.

I think of movies like Star Wars as being mythology. They can make you think about things, they can have messages, they can be applicable to real world things, but all that is secondary to that primal emotional response they get out of you.

In fact, its a circular thing in a lot of ways: movies like Star Wars that engage you emotionally can trigger a desire for intellectual engagement, and intellectually engrossing movies can in turn trigger an emotional response by leading you to confront difficult thoughts.

I don't know about male Rey being liked, i think my problems would be the same desu which is mostly that she is like Luke, but worse, she just appears to be better at all the force stuff than he was, also it's a problem when she is better at it than her enemy who is super powerful in force stuff aswell. Also i don't know anyone who liked Anakin or almost anything about him in the prequals. He just doesn't get the same treatment because everyone agrees on it.

Actually i feel like Rey often gets a free pass because she's a woman unlike male characters in the same situation.

>But she IS a Mary Sue to annoying degree and I don't like that. I knew from the start the film is going to be shit. Not because it's some SJW propaganda, but because it's utterly pointless piece of shit that cancelled most of the EU material from existence in the process. So when I get some subpar bullshit with really weak characters, instead, say, Mara Jade, I'm kinda-sorta pissed.
Wait what...

You complain about Rey being a marysue, but then also complain about the EU, THE BIGGEST FUCKING SHITPILE OF MARYSUES being decanonized? Are you FUCKING RETARDED? Do you not see you GALACTIC HYPOCRISY?

Holy fucking shit, your post is just dripping with colossal gigantic cancerous retardation.

There was like an 80 post conversation in /swg/ this week about how Mara Jade is the biggest mary sue in the Star Wars, so I guess its all in the eye of the beholder.

I think you're quite mistaken if you don't think a lot of people are Anakin fans. Its just most of them are mainstream popcorn plebs who like him because he's hot/dark/edgy.

He's so much better in the two Clone Wars cartoons. Oh what might have been...

You are missing the point. I'm pissed because already existing plotlines, with pretty decent and half-decent plot arcs were scrapped, to literally produce New Hope 2.0.
Besides, EU is so big, you can literally chose and pick from it whatever you want. And I never said I liked all of it.

But stay mad, I get it, you are this neo-fag fandom what considers Fury Road the best Mad Max ever made and Rogue-1 the best imaginable SW production. A fucking millenial who for past decade or so was fed with nothing else but reboots, remakes and pointless sequel, so he literally has no fucking taste and enjoys shit.

Stay newfag, but stay away

The Clone Wars cartoons are excellent examples that there is technically nothing wrong with Anakin.

All fault lies with George Lucas and the creative team not having the balls to say "George... please listen..."

Oh well i haven't seen the cartoons. I'm basing it off of his prequals portrayal, and i honestly don't know anyone who thought Anakin was a good character in those.

Just out of curiosity, do you realize that your entire argument hinges around the tactic of "I know your opinions better than you do"?

Maybe. Maybe it's because there is just SO MUCH stuff about her, you can easily see past a single appearance of her. Rey meanwhile has this basic problem of having a single film in which she appears and she's an insufferable character in it. Kind of reverse Neo, where you love him in the first film even if it's all Chosen One cliche, but absolutely hate him in the franchise taken into a whole. Ray has exact opposite - she might grow into a good character, but as for now, she's just fucking annoying.

I sadly know far too many.

>"George... please listen..."
>Implying they could
user, this might sound harsh, but there was nobody with a right to do so, because Lucas secured his position by mid 90s as literally the only person making the decisions. There was nobody controlling, supervising or with any leverage left to counter him at any stage of production.

You are so amazingly angry and I find it fucking hilarious.

I haven't even seen the two new Star Wars films. I fucking hate Star Wars because I fucking hate schlock scifi.

:^)

Also, Fury Road is actually the best Mad Max movie around. The sheer scale, pacing, action and insanity of it blows ANY OTHER Mad Max out of the water. It is the total sum of George Miller's lessons in film making.

The brilliance of the film is exemplified in how just how easy I can roll back vivid memories of the film in my minds eye.

I don't know a lot of films that are so intensely visual that I can rewatch scenes in my head, and they are typically cinematic milestones like King Kong or Metropolis.

The only good things about the EU were the fucking videogames and you fucking know it.

The books were TRASH, the comics were TRASH. TRASH.

>Fury Road
>Best Mad Max
Not him, but kill yourself

>Owlbear is a reference to Warcraft
Holy shit, really?

>Tfw there will be no Kyle Katarn film

In short, it doesn't matter what TFA did, your waifu ain't canon no more, and nothing will ever ease the agony this causes your sphincter, so the rest of us have better just get used to wading around in your tears.

Nah, it was really good and you're just mad.

>i am a retarded nostalgia faggot who doesn't understands film

Keep jerking off to those Smegma Crazies and Gayboy Berserkers then. :^)

I feel your pain brother!

Rey is definitely a Mary Sue when it comes to her use of the Force. Mostly her progression of force power usage feels rushed as fuck. That's the main thing. Other than that she's a boring bitch-face for the first half of the movie. I literally fell asleep during my first viewing.

Anakin as a boy is Gary Stu as fuck and a much worse offender. Even with the free pass of being motherfucking Darth Vader he still gets shit on.

Rey doesn't get half as much hate as Anakin, so spare us the bullshit please, us 'internet fans' (as opposed to non-internet fans?) criticize because we care, not because of some myth we're all bigots you find comfort believing in.

We all want to like Rey, just like we all want to like Korra.

Personally, my only real problem with Rey is that she was kind of a cipher. She didn't have a ton of character of her own, she spent almost all her screen time being kinetic and DOING STUFF and very little personality came through. I can really only think of those first scenes on Jakku and the scene where she's angsting over Anakin's saber as being about her as a person rather than about her being an action driver. Her best scenes were all about the more fully formed characters swirling around her and her either doing something to make them react or her doing something in reaction to them.

I think I'd be going too far to say I disliked her as a character. Her character just seemed kind of irrelevant. The story wasn't about her, it was about Finn and Kylo Ren and Han Solo and The State Of Affairs In The Galaxy Being Changed. She was important to the story, crucial even, but it still wasn't about her, so her flaws as a character don't register much to me.

>If you don't enjoy Explosion: The Film, then you don't understand cinema
Like I was saying, kill yourself.

ITT: Faggots watching SW derail the thread into shitty film discussion.

STAT HER OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!

I actually do like both Rey and Korra. But as you said, Reys force power progression was really fast, too fast imo, and the way she fought Kylo was annoying to me.

Korra on the other hand i liked for 3 of the 4 books, and i think the shows reaction to her is a bigger problem than her really. Also the fandom, or whats left of it, is worse than anything in the actual show, mostly because they praise and forgive her for everything ever. I like her, but i can accept that she is brute and not very smart most of the time. Book 2 being the exception, i have no idea why they wrote her the way they did in that one.

>I like shitty characters
Shit taste, mate, shit taste

You're a wonderful idiot. Please, keep posting.

Any fandom is shit.

Atleast i can admit they have problems, unlike some of their fans who think they're perfect for some reason.

You don't like explosions? What are you? Some kind of faggot?

But it's true user

Or anti-fans that think they're Satan incarnate.

Pretty much two sides of the same coin.

That too.

Like, Aang did dumb shit and made things horrible all the time. I don't know why for Korra some people feel the need to pretend Korra didn't do the same thing.

Its like how in Voyager Captain Janeway often gets passes for all the horrible shit she does. Just admit she fucked up. At least Korra has continuity so she sometimes learns something... and yet her fans feel the need to erase that by claiming the mistake never happened at all.

>At least Korra has continuity so she sometimes learns something...
This was not the case for at least two seasons. Korra didn't start developing until halfway through the series

She developed at least somewhat within the arc of the first season. The second season is another story entirely...

Korra has a confused as fuck character arc.
There's also a lot of her saying something to the effect of "I get it now" when she totally doesn't, especially not by her actions.
She doesn't really practice patience for instance beyond a conscious means to an end, so she doesn't really grow as a person beyond an increasing willingness to lie to herself.

Not that she necessarily even has to grow, but she show really harps on about it. Lots of sjw fans get sold on that without thinking but just because you say something is so, doesn't just make it true. The lazy writing merely fed Tenzin and co lines enabling her (making her more of a Mary Sue btw), usually in the aftermath of a conflict when she has calmed the fuck down to dupe the audience. "Hey yeah she's pretty chill now I guess? DERP."

Korra is through and through an emotionally vulnerable brute. If she were in Star Wars the Dark Side would eat her the fuck up.
Her defining character trait seems to be that despite all efforts to grow patience and understanding, she's incapable. Thus a void that hungers for acceptance replaces her stomach behind her sexy as fuck abs and it'll probably take some serious Sith Lord cum to quench.

Anyway, joking aside I'm going to stat her with an MTG deck:
Modern Gruul Aggro.
>Harmonize, Faithless Looting and Fiery Temper added in an attempt at better card advantage and selection.
>Still packs Monastery Swiftspear and Mutagenic Growth for explosive starts.
Has the stamina to go for the long game, but will lose out to more dominant strategies that are able to get her under control.
>Runs Atarka's Command and Exquisite Firecraft
She does have powerful burn ability to close out games she's one turn away from losing by outright overpowering opponents.

Korra plays an all-in game and frequently overextends. Gets btfo by board wipes, but picks herself up every time, if only to repeat the same mistakes.

I find this hauntingly accurate.

She's everything bad about Katara given its own life. She's dumb as a brick and an absolute mary sue. What other Avatar was using all the elements at the age she is first shown in the show? Actually, a better question.

Does Korra ever say the words "Sorry." Or "I'm wrong."?

Earth Kim-Il-Sung actually.

Luke in Episode 4 had a grand total of two skills: piloting fighter craft, and shooting while in fighter craft.

He was fucking garbage at everything else, and generally a useless whiny fuck.

Rey is great at everything and her character arc is about letting go of her shitty parents so she can stop holding herself back from being the super awesome chosen one she was always meant to be.

>and the Rebels make him a flight leader in their most elite fighter squadron with authority over veterans Biggs and Wedge based on his desert hot-rodding even though he's never shot a weapon at an Imperial until that very same day.
No they don't. He's Red 5. Red Leader is someone completely different.

He eventually becomes flight leader of Rogue Squadron, but that's years later and has more to do with him being one of the like three people to actually SURVIVE the attack on the Death Star.

If you're going to make these comparisons, don't just make shit up about the character you're comparing them to.

IN CASE ANYONE ON Veeky Forums EVER NEEDS MORE PROOF THAT ITS GETTING OVERRUN BY SJWTYPES PLEASE REFER TO THE 4 POSTS BELOW

We have now reached a level of Veeky Forums where pointing out that character is a Mary Sue and the Setting performing backflips to show off how great of a character she is and how right she is, despite making terrible decisions the whole time is having bad taste, not objectively bad writing.

Jesus fuck.

Even look at how hard they try to interweave Shit Players aka ThaGuys with being sexist and then look at the autistic screeching when someone makes a ThatGirl Thread.

Not to mention
>Its pretty limited to female characters though. Which is another example of That Guy-ism and/or the need to act misogynistic to show how Internet Tough/Edgy they are.
This is bullshit.

Anakin was an even worse Mary Sue than Rey (especially in Episode 1), and people bitched about him CONSTANTLY.

Korra isn't a Mary Sue, though, if only because she's constantly fucking up and making things worse.

> sue/10

Korra makes too many mistakes and has too man people who don't just instantly like her for her to be a Sue.

All three. Korra has dated guys and never gave any hint that she's rejected them altogether, so she's bisexual, not a lesbian.

>too man

*too many

Mea culpa

>They
It's one guy, user. We're not being infiltrated by Tumblr because of one samefagging autist.