Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How are you liking the new MEDIC full initiator? Feel like playing a cute healer-warrior girl or a sexy nurse-assassin lady? What's your favorite medic archetype and why is it Sanguinist multiclassing into Aurora Soul?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Divergent Paths: Medic: sendspace.com/file/1140au
Monster Classes, latest version with winter wolves: sendspace.com/file/j0sa0c

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/products/btpy8go0?Pathfinder-Module-The-Witchwar-Legacy
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4428540/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/42298471/#42305834
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/41490981/#41491637
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Talking about his fucking blackbook is so fucking cringy. Talking about kids is so fucking cringry. Jesus christ.

i wish kitsune poster would die

What should be talked about in an application instead?

Hi /pfg/ Posting again any recommendations on content for parties between lvl 12 to 18? Like modules and adventures

something relevant.

>talking about your kids is cringey
???

Thanks for making /pfg/ easily recognizable

dragons

I need some people to test a few combat encounter ideas with, and to get my toes wet with Psionics. How many of you are interested? It'd be a one shot or just a couple sessions, literally no meat or story, just helping a DM get familiarized with Psionics and how it compares to Vancian and Spheres of Power.

How are children not relevant in an application?

because your children will never come into play

Is talking about his past wife, current wife, current slave (in fucking Molthune) and children irrelevant?

Unfortunately Paizo does not publish much high level content. The Witchwar Legacy is the current I believe and is pretty good.

>paizo.com/products/btpy8go0?Pathfinder-Module-The-Witchwar-Legacy

Neither is your childhood, yet most people include that in their applications/backstories.

You say that but I'll say from personal experience that kids are wonderful tools for the GM to wave in front of a player if their story's villain is making some kind of power play.

Much more likely to come into play than most of the character's childhoods.

True general here

DHB's plan is to use all of the children to marry them off for political favor.

That's just good strategy.

Childhood is a good way to give us an idea of your characters disposition/key events that shaped their personality.

Detailing the alignment, gender, marital status, and conception method of several children over the course of 50 odd years is kinda over the line.

So why should I play a medic when I can play any other full initiator with Silver Crane?

Does a party need THAT much healing?

>Detailing the alignment, gender, marital status, and conception method of several children over the course of 50 odd years is kinda over the line.
This is where I disagree completely. If all that isn't relevant then what information IS relevant?

How does everyone like Molthune's big titty kitsune foxwife matriarch?

Is she a good character?

app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4428540/

You don't like Silver Cranes fluff and don't want to spend a feat, tradition on it.

Silver Crane can fuck with [Evil] parties or characters, plus it can't bring back the dead, heal poisons/diseases, or as-easily remove statuses.

Why did the Molthune GM turn his back on the downtime rules?

Where did it all go wrong? I thought we would use downtime rules! Just because you need spreadsheets to use them well doesn't mean they're not comfy.

Spreadsheets can be comfy.

You're not comfy. Go away.

Is a dedicated healer initiator REEEEEALLY necessary?

Like, was it ever a niche in demand?

"He's married and remarried several times and has several children."

If any of those marriages/relationships are that important for giving us insight into who he is as a person or his motivations, then you can go into detail.

What's so anti-comfy about spreadsheets?

... Yes? Have you never had a dungeon crawl? And besides, sometimes you just want to play a healer that doesn't rely on spells or psionics to get it done, but instead wanted to do it in a "mundane" way.

Didn't the Molthune GM say you weren't allowed to use your family members for mechanical/social/political advantage?

>Have you never had a dungeon crawl?
Yes, the Silver Crane guy heals us up after each fight.

idk, I never paid much attention the Molthune game. Not my jam.

Yes, and DHB now just has them as background. No big deal.

If medics are supposed to be "mundane" healers (says so in the introduction), then why do they have (Su) and (Sp) abilities?

Why not just give them (Su) and (Sp) healing at that point?

What is he attacking to get those maneuvers done?

Also, fuckoff "cute"poster, you ruin images with your shitposting.

You're GM is an idiot if he lets Silver Crane maneuvers heal without using it on a your HD or greater enemy.

Also see
There's nothing wrong in having multiple ways to do a roll with different, stats, fluff, abilities, classes etc as long as one isn't 100% objectively superior than the other.

>What is he attacking to get those maneuvers done?
Empty squares.

The DSP devs confirmed this is fine, go look it up in the archives.

you know what fuck all of you i'm submitting a character to comfy knights game

He plays with fire way too much. In fact, he developed his own dysfunctional Martial Art BASED AROUND fire, being on fire, and setting things, GUESS WHAT, on fire. He's so goddamn good at his own martial art, that, guess what, KNIGHTHOOD FUCKERS, HE'S A KNIGHT, HE'S THE TOUGHEST, DUMBEST FUCKER TO EVER BE CALLED A KNIGHT BUT BY GOD IS GOOD AT SETTING THINGS ON FIRE AND KILLING SHIT DEAD WHILE ALSO BEING REAL COMFY TO CUDDLE UP TO BECAUSE HE'S GOT A LOT OF BODY HEAT.

THERE, IS THAT A GOOD GODDAMN KNIGHT fOR AN APPLICATION? A KNIGHT WHO IS LITERALLY ON FIRE? TO PROVIDE WARM, COMFY SNUGGLES TO ALL YOU FOXFUCKERS?

((but for reals, would a Roil Dancer pyrokineticist be kosher?))

>You're GM is an idiot if he lets Silver Crane maneuvers heal without using it on a your HD or greater enemy.

This is intentional.

>control-F "mundane"
>0 hits

So you're a liar as well as a faggot, good to know.

"Go look it up". How about you, if you're so sure of your proof?

Because DSP chickened out.

Also "muh system expectations" and "muh healers needs resurrection baked in".

And it was a bad idea?

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/42298471/#42305834
>Elric

>I use a +1 merciful gauntlet in my game to heal my allies after combat with my maneuvers via pimpslapping. I'd talk with your DM about it, but it's technically RAW.

>Silver Crane's Blessing in particular does only require a successful attack, so RAW you could attack just about anything.

Silver crane is quite limited for not-HP. It heals HP when you hit creatures, but that means you at the very least need a sparring partner to heal up the rest of the party.

It does nothing for conditions though, nor stat drain or the like.

It's JUST HP, that thing everyone has a cheapo wand or boots to recover in minutes at the most between combats.

Yes, and the RAW is fucking retarded. Just like you can make an infinite ring of truestrike by RAW and even the rulebook says "but that's fucking retarded".

>While everyone would love the opportunity to receive the healing magics of the great churches, genius alchemists or noble paladins, the service of such heroes is a rare and valuable thing. Not everyone can afford the cost of such potent magics. For the rest of the world, natural healers great and small service those who are in need of care. On the battlefield, where wounds, disease and death run rampant, the ones who answer this call are known as medics. These brave warriors possess a keen wisdom and insight into the healing arts, which they use to aid their brothers on the field of combat. Though a medic’s hands can heal, they are no slouches in combat, and their strength in arms can rival any warrior.

The fluff basically makes them out to be mundane healers.

Why they get (Su) and (Sp) as early as level 6 is beyond me.

See

Because downtime is autistic as all fuck. First it's universally used to shatter WBL, second it becomes a sea of shitty minutiae, and people start getting pissed when you abuse it, even though there's basically nothing ELSE to do than abuse it, because you either aren't using it at all OR the most basic non-actively-fucking-yourself-over decisions will cause the cash to just avalanche in.

>HAHAHA ALL TEN OF THESE ENEMIES WERE ONE LESS HD THAN YOU SO YOU CAN'T HEAL LOL

that's why.

Any suggestions for what to take instead of warp then?

Couldn't they make Guardian of Life (Ex) and flavor it as keen perception?

Couldn't they make the resurrections based on X-TREEM mundane medicine?

Wait seriously? You can be serious.

If I received an application like that with just that sentence I would throw it out. Detail is a good thing.

I've got a nation avowed in the apps, who literally provides a 30' bubble of perfect camping weather, so a bonfire is probably just fine?

I want to fucking strangle you.

I want to wrap my hands around your white little neck and squeeze the life out of you.

I want to see your eyes bulge and your face turn blue before slamming your head repeatedly into the floor until until it's nothing but bloody pulp.

Then I'd drive out into the forrest and leave the body for the elements.

Seriously. Fuck. You. Fuck your" trolling". Fuck your shitty anime images. I legit want to see harm come to you.

The whole unit had better snuggle up tight against him!

>oh man you can heal rapidly with literally no expenditure of resources at all.
Because boots, wand, and shit cost something.

Even the E.Flux stance takes a while to work.

>Then I'd drive out into the forrest
Please no bully best ex-DSP.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Fuck off, you're not allowed to make that joke.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/41490981/#41491637
>Gareth

>Some DSP material permits essentially unlimited out-of-combat healing, to various degrees. The big one that gets talked about is Silver Crane (Path of War)

See? Even Gareth says Silver Crane can do unlimited healing out of combat.

Has anyone ever actually taken the Healer's Touch achievement feat? It's the one that requires you to heal 1,000 HPs of damage, with your running "score" decreasing by two for every point of damage you deal... Plus, it only counts HP healed with spells, so if you've got Channel Energy or some other ability to heal HP that isn't a spell... Don't use it.

On the other hand, the benefit looks great- free Maximized Spell on all your healing spells. Useful not only because it ensures maximum healing but also because it ensures you know exactly how much healing you'll get out of a spell.

I'm not arguing if it does. I'm arguing that the fact that it does is retarded.

How do I stop my Roil Dancer/Avant Guard from being mind controlled and turned into a lovey-dovey charmed lovebird all the time?

LN alignment, GM doesn't allow non-random wayfinder resonance.

HIS NAME IS BANG

DOES THIS NATION PACT AVOWED PROVIDE KUNG FU THAT IS ALSO KUNG FUCK YOU YOU'RE ON FIRE?

DOES THIS NATION PACT AVOWED HAVE A SICK NICKNAME?

DOES HE DO A MOTHERFUCKIN

SWAN-

-TON

-BOMB

ON THE COMPETITION?

IF THE ANSWER IS NO

YOU BETTER CALL THE DOCTOR CAUSE HE'S GONNA PRESCRIBE TO YOU THE BEST IN THE WEST, THE BEAST WHO CAME FROM THE EAST, THE BURNING MAN HIMSELF, MASTER OF THE FLAMING FIST STYLE OF KARATE-FU, BANG

>Is talking about his past wife, current wife, current slave (in fucking Molthune) and children irrelevant?
Yes it fucking is. Seriously, how cringy do you have to be to put this much effort into an application? How fucking autistic.

Raise your Wisdom? You run off of CON and DEX (and the latter is only barely), so you might as well raise your other saving throw stat.

>>hurrr I don't write anything but name and class on my applications: The Post

This guy is a little too angry but he has a legitimate point. Every time I had a legitimate rules question or point of discussion it got drowned out in waifu posting. I would hesitate to say PFG was ever "good" but it's gotten much worse lately. This general has become damn near useless to people who actually play this game and it's because of the fucker who's obsessed with big titty kitsune (Augunas, maybe?). They should just change the thread title to "Fat titty kitsune shitpost general, also we mention Pathfinder sometimes".

uh huh, yeah.
just sit still, we're trying to roast these fish over that overheated head of yours.

Why? Out of combat healing is so utterly, idiotically cheap that beyond the bottom of the barrel rusty dagger shanktown levels it ceases to fucking matter entirely. There's a reason the only proper response to "how do I build a healer" begins and ends with "don't", because healing is so shitcommon and easy to get that only the most underequipped parties are going to ever think about it.

It's retarded in the same way a wand of cure light wounds is retarded, or boots of the earth are retarded, because apparently anything short of the cleric spending all of his limited spell slots on patching up the party rather than slamming the undead with the righteous hammer of god is a crime.

Honestly a lot of the issues people seem to have is this.

Admittedly DHB's application is really long. He has detailed out in year brackets his life up until now.

Aren't we still talking Silver Crane?

I will answer your rules question. Post it friend.

How I've handled using Silver Crane for healing was by striking myself with non-lethal unarmed damage to complete the strike and then heal and alley or myself (which more or less worked to a benefit since non-lethal damage heals faster than regular). End of combat my Warlord would enter what was a really intense 'training exercise' as it were to patch everyone up. And though yes, it could be used infinitely, this method of healing was excessively inefficient; we had asses to kick and mysteries to solve, so the Warlord couldn't repeatedly crack her knuckles all day because the Summoner stubbed his toe.

I thought it was kinda cool, anyway. GM thought so too.

Anyhoo! How do you plan on spending your New Years weekend, /pfg/? Any end of the year games happening? My recent session wrapped up Thursday and it was great; haven't laughed that hard in weeks!

The GM said 'couple of paragraphs at most.'

The one with the longest backstory is 2hu, and that one is just sheer uncomfy autism.

So here, let's have a civil discussion about it.

What parts of Kurat's application is bad? What parts do you not like? What does it do wrong?

Rather than just post "I hate thing" reasoning on why is very encouraged.

>tfw you were originally getting worried that old spy was setting the detail bar really high and then it turned out to be just DHB and his detail autism

>we had asses to kick and mysteries to solve
And you couldn't spare a minute of rest to heal?

Shouldn't we do that with everyone's OR nobody's, and not just a single person?

Wasn't the tipping point RotJR, which turned /pfg/ into autism over character applications, waifus, pairings, lewd, and gestalt builds?

DHB just apparently likes planning things.

I actually GM'd for him before for a short while before a game ended. I can give people the skivvy on him.

Well now you have to.

I hope to god you're real.

Comfy Knights need a flexman and a HIPHOP STAR

BANG is your MAN. ULTIMATE KUNGFU HUSTLA, Slaughterman with the FIERY HAND, supreme master of the transcendent style of the burning flame, KING OF THE INCENDIARY SWORD STYLE, Master of the Bang Clan and all its associates.

C'mon, you know you want him.

We did. My point was we didn't always have a whole lot of time to really top anyone off when we're in the middle of a bandit's hideout; just enough to feel comfortable with the next round if it came up. Sorry if I didn't make that clear

I would agree with you but if you look closely, you'll see that every post he linked to actually contains legitimate Pathfinder-related discussion or questions. I don't really like all the anime posting that much either but I also don't dislike it when it's not actually drowning out relevant conversation. When we have threads that get drowned out in circlejerking about waifus or talking about kitsunes, then it's a problem. But that's not quite as prominent as I think you're making it seem. Not quite.

RotJR was actually so cancerous I had to just fucking stay out of the general for a solid two weeks to avoid getting a tumor on my eyes. I have nothing against anime, but there's some next-level faggotry going on here.

>newest MOLTHUNE app is a shit tier edgy tiefling girl

I think I've found the most forgettable app.

Fuck off with your witchhunting.

First of all, the man is fucking autistic about note taking. I don't have the link any longer, but he linked me his notes once. it was really fucking weird because he kept it as both in session and in game time (meaning he had like 8:00am day 1: woke up, prepared spells, not that detailed but that kind of thing). In game time basically he divided sessions into 15 minute sections and wrote like 3 sentences of what happened in each 15 minutes section.

Also a fucking ton of notes about names/places/npcs/loot.

He was kind of autistic about being in character and only did out of character messages in private messages.

Overall just kind of odd and autistic, but overall enthusiastic.

As a roleplayer I'd say he was above average but over detailed. Was really paranoid about "being the main character" and put in too much effort to try and not be, but was really character goal oriented (so I can see why he was paranoid). Got over interested in other character's backstories.

Also about being paranoid, fuck was he paranoid. Double and triple checked things before doing anything, but then worried he was taking too much time.

Apologized a lot. Got the general impression he was worried about annoying anyone.

>no one really commented on my character aside from mechanics
Feels kinda nice I guess.

Is it just me, or does EVERY Molthune character with high Intelligence have either Orator, Student of Philosophy, Clever Wordplay, or some other Intelligence to social skills?

Is Intelligence to social skills a mistake from Paizo?

Huh, at least the paranoia sounds like me. The rest, not so much, but I can empathize with "fuck, don't take up center-stage".

Charisma was a mistake, just in general.

That's funny. My attendance of /pfg/ took a nose dive months ago when other stuff started occupying my time, but on a casual visit a good while back I recall people talking about RotJR (seemed like it was a somewhat new talking point at the time because I remember seeing some people in the thread asking what it is) and it was a pretty comfy thread. No Paizo-bitching or rules-arguing or general retardation for once, people being pretty civil and just talking about different character ideas. Did it really go so far downhill, so quickly?

Do we have any trip reports on 2hu for comparison?

Man, that really hurts.

I asked the thread multiple times for advice on the character's backstory and everything. What does it do wrong? Why is forgettable/shit? How is it edgy?

>Apologized a lot. Got the general impression he was worried about annoying anyone.
> Was really paranoid about "being the main character" and put in too much effort to try and not be

Gonna be honest, mostly he just sounds like a sad person.

RotJR caused the whole thread to devolve into catfighting, lewd memes, lewd in general, and waifus.

RotJR was a mistake.

It's because it's so forgettable that I can't think of anything that's particularly bad or good.

You're just ripping off Kurat best spy at this point.