/kdg/ /kdm/ /kdmg/ Kingdom Ded

Old Red Hips Edition

Kingdom Death is a deckbuilding meeple game where you try to gather as many innovation cards as possible to raise your banter, and get new memes.

>which pledge do I get?
none, go away
>add a link to inside the wall
fuck your shitty fan site
>how is shipping handled?
READ
>what new expansions are there?
THE
>why is the game not coming out till 2020?
FUCKING
>what is included in the Gamblers Chest?
KICKSTARTER
>why is this Percival best girl?
Cutest pupper for cutest girl
>what level should I pledge at for the Mage sleeves kickstarter
none of them

>Kickstarter Page: kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
>Adams comments:
kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>Pledge and addon overview: vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels
>Pledge Comparator & Shipping Calculator:
stdobby.github.io/kingdomdeath/
>Miniature Count with bonus statistics:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ujOUYfjTFp3jOx7T4f3wl-KmxBh0hST0Spa2Q3fy2k/edit#gid=0

I'm curious, how do the Kingdom Death devs get away with shilling their boardgame on Veeky Forums, with a general no less? I am working on a couple of things, but I have the feeling that if I advertised it, I'd get my shit banned/muted/etc.

KD has a large following on Veeky Forums, and the hype train does not stop when the new KS went up. The general will likely disappear in a week and merge into board games instead.

It's been around with most of the time since the first KS. It's not always around, but frequently enough.

And don't forget, KD isn't actively shilling, we are, just regular Anons that enjoy the game (or look of the game), this is not official stuff.

Woops, meant to link this to (you).
>It's been around with most of the time since the first KS. It's not always around, but frequently enough.
>And don't forget, KD isn't actively shilling, we are, just regular Anons that enjoy the game (or look of the game), this is not official stuff.

Probably because you don't already have 16,000 people who actively want to hear about it, many of them here on Veeky Forums. You'd probably be better off introducing your games to /bgg/ than making your own thread, at least at first. But in my experience you're more likely to be ignored than flamed, unless your games are already in production/in stores.

Anyway, quick question to owners of KD:M. If I buy this and share it with other groups, will it be a nightmare to keep the box organized? I don't mind that not everyone will have personalized minis, and I know we can keep track of most things on character and settlement sheets, but do things like the innovations and settlement decks have to be stored carefully or can you rebuild everything from the info on the settlement sheet if cards get mixed or moved?

I know several people in the area would like to give this a try if they could afford it, but most are acquaintances only so I don't expect to have a single, regular group to play with.

Alternatively, would it make sense for me to run *my* campaign with a varying group of players jumping in and out from one session to the next, or would it be a frustrating/disappointing experience for me/everyone else?

Question that is most likely wishful thinking- does a nemesis fight end lantern year? I just killed butcher with no spare resources left in town, and he only gives lanterns. what the point in advancing the year with this fuck If I cant actually do anything that year?

everything is kept on your settlement sheet for innovations/building etc. so as long as you have the sheet, you can know for sure what you all have innovated/built/stored etc.

but as far as the cards are concerned, make sure whoever you loaned it to stays with the proper organization or its going to be a mess

>Anyway, quick question to owners of KD:M. If I buy this and share it with other groups, will it be a nightmare to keep the box organized? I don't mind that not everyone will have personalized minis, and I know we can keep track of most things on character and settlement sheets, but do things like the innovations and settlement decks have to be stored carefully or can you rebuild everything from the info on the settlement sheet if cards get mixed or moved?

The one thing I would do is write down the cards in the Innovation Deck before you put things away, as its content changes all the time while playing.
Each Settlement will have its own deck and you definitely don't have enough cards to make multiple decks, and the contents of the deck isn't written down otherwise.

What innovations you have unlocked and what locations you've built/unlocked is tracked on the Settlement sheet.

use endeavours for births?

you really have no innovations that burn endeavours?

>will it be a nightmare to keep the box organized?
Sorting out the innovation and gear cards your settlement has might quickly become a pain. There's enough setup to do already without having to rebuild the innovation deck and decide which gear to pull out.

I guess, just seems kind of strange to have a year where that is all you can do.

I just have a spare spot for gear for settlements that I'm currently playing and sort the innovations deck by have, innovation deck, not available yet. For my most played game but all other games will be very similar.

Nemesis years are not supposed to be good years even if you do beat them. Next year just scrap scavenge or augury forever.

Thanks for the info. I keep going back and forth on this since the first day of the campaign. I like the idea of making the game available to a bunch of people who couldn't have played it otherwise, myself included, but I really don't want to set myself up to regret such an expensive purchase (exchange rates and shipping aren't working in my favor).

>but as far as the cards are concerned, make sure whoever you loaned it to stays with the proper organization or its going to be a mess
This in particular worries me. Maybe I should make sure to be present at all times, if only to act as a rules reference/game master.

Sometimes I wish they'd make a version of the game with cardboard standees so we could get the game experience without the cost and bulk of minis.

most of the cost is the card stock to be honest. Plastic is cheap once the molds are created.

>Sometimes I wish they'd make a version of the game with cardboard standees so we could get the game experience without the cost and bulk of minis.

The printed material is the expensive part of this box. There are literally over 1000 cards in the Core Box, before you look at expansions.
All of them printed in full colour, on high-end poker card stock. The manual is several hundred pages in full colour.

The plastic models, if you remove the cost of the molds from the equation might cost a few dollars tops, not nearly as much as that giant pile of paper in the box.

Good point. Economies of scale are probably more favorable on the plastic sprues than on the hundreds of unique cards, and most of the weight has to come from the cardstock.

I'm kind of hoping Poots will announce something amazing being added to the core box pledges very soon to force my hand.

what to you would be better than a hard cover 230 page manual and a new final boss adding even more content at 50% MSRP?

The card qualitie of printing/paper isnt that higth thou. I consider sleeves a must have and a notable supplementary cost for the game.

My copy is sleeved in its entirety, so I know what you mean.

I'll admit I lost track of all the updates and plan to go over the entire campaign page before I make my final decision. It's been a busy month. Having an extra monster for the same price does sound great, and the hardcover should be especially useful if I end up sharing the game.

>not saving up 1 bone, 1 hide,1 organ before Butcher
I take this is your first time playing.

>Implying i didn't have 4 fucking bone and 1 organ
bad resource draws bro. I was pissed off as hell that it took me as long as it did to get the fucking rawhide set/bandage/innovate to that point
also
>tfw LY4 and no symposium yet
this is fucking hell, someone save me

>secret farting art
Please tell me this is a typo.

Pools should have priced the non mini boxes higher than a benji then

Or on a smaller scale, the cost isn't too problematic I imagine.
It's mainly the Core game that is so expensive to print because of the sheer volume of cards needed.

Don't know where you sourced that image but it's either a typo or a shop. Can't be bothered to drag out my book to check, but Sunstalker has no farting, much less secret farting arts.

It's more about vomit. If you want farting, that's frogdog. And maybe Gorm, I can't really recall if that's in the laundry list of biological processes Gorm weaponizes.

3 survibal, 3apathetic. 1 none dagger, 1 bow and cat arrow, 2 qatars, 1 butcher axe. 1 harp, no cats eye circlet. Can I beat kingsman?

Nope

Suggestions?

Acquire shields

Oh look it's Mozgus.

>3apathetic
Why are you even bothering with them? Apathetic utterly ruins survivors. There's no point in bringing an apathetic survivor to a showdown. Babies with zero stats are better.

Actually, scratch that. Send the apathetic survivors at the King's Man. It's the smart thing to do. You want to sacrifice your most useless survivors to him, after all.

You need shields, as many as possibble.

Be aware that you are most likely going to lose without being able to see the HL deck, even moreso if you lack shields.

Consider how much you really want to attempt to win. As a nemesis, his prizes are not great, but the defeat conciquences aren't too bad. You can sacrifice 4 survivors outright and skip the battle, taking the Defeat and lives, you can use four of your worst survivors for an uphill battle, or you can try your best with your best dudes, gambling on the hope that they're enough to get you victory at risk of indivdual deaths.

Can't make shields unfortunately. I've drawn apathetic more in this play through than any other time. One guy has 5 ynderstanding, hoping to pull him out

What about frenzy potion? Would that help?

Thanks user. I'll fight it through at least

I wouldn't make more than two in an entire campaign.

But yes, they could help since you have useless apathy abound.

>year 3
>1 lion katar
>2 leather head thingies
>1 leather tunic
>1 axe
>4 starting waist cloths
>1 scrap sword
>one last hunt before the butcher

How fucked are we?

I'm assuming you have rawhide, because having leather before the Butcher is absurd.

Scrap sword is nice. The axe will break. You have very little armor for that stage in the game.

Your success will come down to whether or not you've got good innovations, really. The presence of Dash and/or Surge with a good survival limit will make or break the fight for you.

Hope you have four expendables ready to go.

>no innovations yet

If you seriously have not innovated yet then just fucking start over. You have already lost your settlement because of your retardation.

Bandages. Get bandages. Dried acanthus? Monster grease.

First time playing, we crafted stuff with the resources and we got very few bones, which meant none left for innovating (we got enough bones for an axe and the katar, that was it). Antelope ate quite a bit of stuff we had since that AI card ended up on a loop.

We got a tonne of acanthus though, will also make bandages and pray.

Organs for monster grease? You willing to fudge and trade in axe for components? I got through with bone sword, lion spear, and bone darts. Bone items broke, had to manage with fist and tooth, and beginner stone.two of my survivors had mbandsges, 1 had monster grease. The reach of the spear and bandasges are what won it for me.

Just get every single resource you still have in storage out of it before fighting the Butcher.

I didn't throw c the stone, only wounded with it.

If you have one more hunt, go for lion. Hopefully you get sinew and claw for polearm, or, makings for bow.

Greater cat bone and claw foe pole arm. Sinew for bow

I assume attempting a lvl2 lion in a desperate bid to get more resources is suicide at this point, right?

Yah see previous thread for lvl2 lion

Attempting a level 2 anything without dash and a sufficient amount of survival to spam it is suicide.

You can farm lion for resources. Plus if you get lucky during hunt phase harvest the baby lion

Well nothing to do but press on, how hard can it be, right?

may as well save yourself some time and just give yourself -4 population.

Don't worry too much, first time I played we had no clue and we defeated it with almost no armour (as much or less than you have now), an axe, a scrap sword, and maybe 1-2 bone swords. We probably got lucky as hell with the rolls and cards, but it's definitely possible.

Don't give up. Go through the fight so you know what to expect the nextvtime. Trying to learn butcher when he's level 2 sucks

he, I just threw founders stones at the -2 toughness spot using circlet to mob the dude. learned the hard way that letting hack city resolve is pretty bad shit, though.

Founding Stones don't work on the Butcher as only one location can be critted, and that was only added with the 1.4 errata.

>tfw pulling off a death blow
I fucking came when I actually scored a kill on pic related once. Shit was so cash.

Wow, that is kinda shitty. The Survivor who dealt the Killing Blow is pretty much dead anyway.
Is the Lantern Halberd cursed? If not, then it may be a bit better than it sounds just now.

The Lantern Halberd is not cursed. The Lantern Halberd is one of the best spears in the entire game -- and I already had someone halfway to spear mastery when I got it.

oh fuck really? it wouldn't even count as a wound?
goddamn it guess we start over then. this game pisses me off sometimes i swear

That is indeed a mighty fine weap-
>Irreplaceable
Eh, I knew there would be a catch.

Raise 10 million dollars and I'll make you a general too saltfag.

Pshhh

We need a KD version of this

We certainly do. But who should be the characters? Butcher in the front and Gorm in the background?

Sunstalker and female warrior of the sun

Replace Cox with tyrant and J.D. with dragon acolyte.

Why is the Tyrant so best?

This game needs a bobbit worm expansion

There's a nice worm in Lion God expansion, people often overlook it because the rest of the expansion sucks donkey dongs.

AND there's several events that take it away.

Are you thinking of the Bone Witch? Because she only takes away the Guidepost innovation, not the Lantern Halberd.

Kingdom death or dark souls expansions? I have literally trying to decide for 2 weeks. I think this is gonna lean towards KD but... Opinions?

The gambler in background, But her in front.

Butcher

Alternatively make one of them Bone Witch, seeing how much love she gets around these parts.

>ask on a general whether to buy the topical game or the game that ripped it off

What are the selling points? Besides Dancer ass, that one is obvious.

Honest response for you here: have you seen the SteamCON Dark Souls playthrough? If not, then go watch it and make up your own fucking mind.

Her tattooed areola are cute. a cute!

Jesus, I've gotten lesser negatively in /b/. I haven't actually played KD so I was looking for some general opinions and thoughts by fans of the game, and what they thought about DS.

The cool thing is TTS is 9 bucks on steam. You can try KD and see if you like it. I have no experience with DS, but, the ability to play the game solo is a selling point for me. Also it is hard. Difficult, it punches your dick into the dirt. If you like challenge, that is another selling point.

>I have no experience with DS, but, the ability to play the game solo is a selling point for me. Also it is hard. Difficult, it punches your dick into the dirt. If you like challenge, that is another selling point.

If it wasn't for the first bit there would basically be no way of telling if you were talking about KD or DS.

Your the fucking man! How have i never come across TTS!

>DS is le hard meme
>Take off armour and invincible roll/run through the entire game.
No.

Stop being a garbage man.

I honestly have more trouble with old Megaman games than with DS games.
At BB has amazing art dierection.

>BB has amazing art direction.
It sure does, even some of the fanart is delicious (and I'm not talking about Slugbox stuff). Shame the board game version is just a lazy reskin of game that filed before.

>At BB has amazing art dierection.
*At least BB etc.

I typed like I was a fucking Syrian refugee. No experience playing DS; own KDM, and also play it on TTS. I have a prococious youngster that is very curious about the game...

>I have a prococious youngster that is very curious about the game...
user no
lolis are for headpats and not this

>I have a prococious youngster that is very curious
go on

Is Weapon spec XP mandatory on Ageless survivors as well?

My Ageless survivor ended up with the Twilight Sword. Wondering if I can get it to just before mastery and stop it there.