pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Zabaniya#Phantasmal_Pedigree
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jumpers! Have you ever died?

I personally think that you should make EX a thing like where you could possibility of createing a functioning prototype to a Magic, with generations of research and such, but that you have yet to attain it. But If I had to chose I'd go with the silliness of the first option with the statement "Your magecraft is almost on the level of Magic" taken to A+++. So, something like the first with a bit of the third options, Valeria.

Something like Utilitarianism would probably say this is okay, but give me the views of "normal" people.

In a setting where hell is real, is it morally wrong to eat/absorb/burn for fuel/whatever souls that would have otherwise gone to hell, provided that the suffering you cause them to experience is less than what they would have otherwise experienced in hell?

What kind of question is that?

Of course not.

Nope. According to virtue ethics at least their eventual fate doesn't change the morality of your act.

Speaking of Accelerator, what is the 'God of Motion' power that you get with tier 5 telekinesis in Railgun?

Extremely high level TK with a range of 100 meters.

Well, by Virtue Ethics is in the wrong as he is treating people as a means and not an end.

You're right, Utilitarianism wouldn't bat an eye to that. Most people don't have an explicit, codified moral system so they'd find it aesthetically repugnant.

Well, that's basically what I imagine 'you're almost at Magic' to mean in a way. I think I'll go with that, though it'll probably just go in the rulings section of the supplement until a good while from now when I can completely redo the Skills section in a second overhaul.

To me the most moral action would be to destroy Hell and free the souls. As it is you're taking advantage of a repugnant system.

>Once again, jumper solves a moral quandary via the liberal application of violence

No, Utilitarianism would not say that was okay, unless you were doing overly edgy tenth-grader Utilitarianism. "It's okay for me to cause people suffering, because they would have suffered even greater if someone else had done it" is still evil, by Utilitarian principles, as the decline in the utility of the tortured souls is still less than the increase of your utility. Besides, it's a key component of Utilitarian philosophies that you're not just minimizing the decline in utility, you're actively avoiding taking actions that would cause any decline. Any decline in utility is to be avoided, when we cause it despite our best intentions that is a horrible consequence of the practicalities of our world, not something to just shrug your shoulders at and accept. You don't seek out actions that you know will cause suffering. Get your weak-ass moral equivocation out of here before you insult the ghosts of Bentham and Mills they come back to haunt you.

Once, when I was seven, very briefly. Scared the shit out of my parents.

>Well, that's basically what I imagine 'you're almost at Magic' to mean in a way.
The difference may be in the fact that true magic is breaking a rule outright somehow and being Infinitely Close to Magic is bending the rules. Like how a reality marble isn't breaking the rules cause what's inside isn't being forced into Gaea's system but keep in it's own World. If you wanted to break the rule you'd have to reproduce a Gaea accepted replica of Excalibur or something for no prana cost as if you just reached in and pulled the sword out of your inner world into this one, which would be theoretically the First True Magic: Denial of Nothingness. Just my two cents on that subject.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with insulting utilitarian though. You bet you kant even find a good argument otherwise.

God-tiering in Sburb.

I also took Can't Keep Down the Clown and Rainbowdrinker, so the amount of damage need to put me down made things... messy.

That's a bit like saying "If I kidnap criminals from a jail and make them work for me, but I release them when their jail sentence would be up, am I a bad person?"
The answer is yes.

If a soul is consigned to hell as part of their divine punishment, you're perverting the course of divine justice if you're stealing them from hell and eating/absorbing/whatever them. And if there's an infallible god (or his representative angels) handing out just punishment, then going against that is, by definition, heresy and morally wrong.

You only get away being morally right in this situation if you convince god that the just punishment for a life of sin is for a given soul to be assigned to you to punish.

Even if the god isn't infallible, or isn't handing out just punishment, it's still morally wrong to use those souls in that manner, again unless each specific soul is judged to deserve such a fate by an authorized and just judge. Otherwise it's merely a different kind of kangaroo courts and vigilantes and lynching.

user, I want to get in a philosophy pun-off with you, but I've been suffering from some insomnia and can't really get the clever word-play down. I'm sorry. Can we do this some other time, when I can properly satisfy you?

Wouldn't it be simpler to just make EX ranked magecraft something like 'You are a super prodigy when it comes to magecraft'?

I hope you feel better. Here, have a get well webm.

Well yes, but like I said before, the intent is to not give out Magic. You can be very close in effects, which would mean you'd probably have a much easier time then most in getting to a real one, but you still need to get there.

That's basically what it is. When Nasu or others say 'almost like Magic' that's meant to be a comment on how powerful or unique the effect is, rather then actually comparing it to True Magic since otherwise it'd make no sense as True Magic isn't necessarily powerful and is really only qualified by being a magical art that humans of the current age cannot replicate with technology.

Often. But i have extra lives, so it's okay.
I generally restrict myself to in-jump powers only for my "first" life, just to keep things interesting.
Not counting utility powers/quality-of-life stuff like needing less sleep, using magic to clean my clothes or similar stuff.

Well, just finished the original Books of Magic. My mind is sufficiently screwed, and I am now freshly terrified by the existential implications of DC magic. Also, by the idea that Constantine is one of the few beings that will survive in some meager fashion at the end of the universe, right before Destiny turns his last page and Death puts out the lights

Does anyone know if the sequels are worth a read?

To clarify I meant less 'Your spells are super powerful' and more 'You might as well be the expert when it comes to actually understanding this stuff'.

Could we actually acquire True Magic if our magecraft were good enough, or ist that banned?

Well, yeah, Magecraft is just skill mostly. If you're looking for power it'd be the Mana stat.

That's what I also meant, working prototype of True Magic but not yet there. Like how Shirou's Reality Marble in my example might be a step away from Denial of Nothingness, if DoN is literally creation of something from nothing with no energy loss in direct ignorance to the Conservation of Energy.

Are you into contracts?

True. Just thought I should clarify that I meant less 'Super spells' and more 'You probably don't get why people seem to find this complicated."

Although the 'close to magic' thing gets even weirder when you remember that Age of Gods Magic is (or at least was) a thing.

the hell is that?

Not as good as the original, but they're good. Also, if you haven't read the Sandman series or Death: The High Cost of Living you might want to give them a look. If you liked the Books of Magic, you'll probably like them too.

Kyubey is super-conscientious, that chart is bullshit

Is there a perk that lets you turn off or temporarily remove perks - even those from other jumps?

The real crime is robbing them of the hope of eventual salvation.

Anyway, it's better to serve in hell than be burnt to nothing by an edgy Self Insert.

Toggle from Young Justice.

Limit Mode from Kid Radd

You can acquire it in jump yes, but there is no way part from the one perk in the upcoming FSN jump to jump straight to having it. If you're acquiring it in jump, you just need to either obtain it from a current user (Which reminds me I need to put in something about that) or follow the method to gaining one to get one of your own (Which is entirely your problem to think of and make fair). Common risks include the Counter Force, accidentally going too close to the Root and going insane and so on.

I feel that prototype is a very poor choice of word here. No matter how much Shirou mastered his Reality Marble, it'd never just become completely without cost. It's similar in effect but just being similar doesn't mean they're in the same category at all.

Oh, yeah, makes sense.

Yeah, that's...confusing. Ended up specifically looking around for that and it appears it's more like yet another case of "It's not ACTUALLY Magic, just magecraft that's so close that the two are indistinguishable." As usual this is inconsistent with at least one or two other things so take it with a grain of salt.

I've read both the latter ages ago, yeah. Feeling pretty pumped at finding this hidden trove of Gaimanverse stories.

How worse/better are we talking here? Like comparing Lucifer to Sandman, or the 2016 Lucifer to Lucifer? Is there a "cutoff" series you'd recommend I give up at? I do hope to read The Age of Hunter since apparently that's when Timonthy starts to come into his destiny proper.

That pic is a filthy lie.

When a mecha can be considered 'too big'?

When it has enough Dakka.

Everyone's a hater.

>No matter how much Shirou mastered his Reality Marble, it'd never just become completely without cost.
That's the point I was going for. He's a step away, merely needing to figure out how to make it cost nothing to be a form of Magic, I wasn't saying it was a perfect analogy.

Around the point where the forces holding it together become a dangerous energy anomaly. So, around 52.8 billion light years tall

It never gets as bad as 2016 Lucifer, at least that I remember. Though by the same token I don't remember any of it being as good as what you just read. I know that isn't very helpful, but that's all I can remember.

She is a wold-class MILF, though.

Those aren't aliens that Dung Beetle is sending you to fight. Those are humans from another dimension. And whoever loses any of the fights gets their home universe destroyed. And if you're the last survivor of this insane tournament? You become the new Dung Beetle, and organize the next one. You don't get a choice, your mecha's systems will force you to do it. No one even knows how this thing got started, it just happens. Did I mention that your mecha will eat your soul, meaning you only get one fight per pilot, and you have to keep feeding people into this thing to resupply it? So even if you do survive, you've seen all your fellow pilots die, withering away from the strain of fueling your weapons systems? Bokurano is some bleak shit, y'all.

>She is a wold-class MILF, though.
While her sexiness is undeniable she is an awful person.

Dude look up Pic Related's final fight if you will.

Hey Valeria look at this: typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Zabaniya#Phantasmal_Pedigree another example of an A class Noble Phantasm that has tons of Utility/Attack/Defensive applications.

>While her sexiness is undeniable she is an awful person.
I can work with that. Plus, she's ambitious and ambition is extra-sexy.

The anime was shit, tho.

There's a slight issue with this question. Even if the answer was 'Yes' actually fulfilling the conditions would require actually figuring out how to measure the suffering caused by hell, the suffering caused by souls absorbtion, and then comparing them.

Which runs the risk of increasing the suffering value by a lot if you want to make sure the results are accurate.

There's also the question of what form the whole 'soul absorption' process takes, the willingness of the souls involved, and other similar stuff.

We need a Getter jump. And a GaoGaiGar jump. And a Mazinger jump. And pretty much every major Super Robot jump, we have very few jumps of that genre. Some Real Robot, sure, but nothing with that hammy goodness of rocket punches and drills and eye lasers. I think Gurren Lagann might be the only one we have aside from Super Robot Wars. That can't be right, can it? Do we have other Super Robots?

Are you speaking from your own experiences, user?

Are there any durability perks good enough to survive being tossed into a star?

Alternatively that world has way too many horrible parents.

Oh look the Mary Sue Assassin, one of the worst aspects of Strange Fake, returns to haunt me. This is a collection Noble Phantasm, like GoB, which aren't allowed because they shatter any sort of SP balance that exists. It's not just one power that can accomplish a bunch of things, it's quite clearly all the other Noble Phantasms of the other True Assassins. And even then the Accelerator power can accomplish a bunch of those things.

Jumpers, what upcoming jump are you most looking forward to and why is it SWTOR?

I mean this in all seriousness when I ask this. How into the star are we taking?

I ask because there's this one race in Star Wars and then there was this one time in Blame!

To be fair. She has made some questionable fashion choices later on in the series.

I personally believe that the ideal height for a mecha is between forty and fifty meters tall. Anything else is only of situational usefulness.

Rainbows are a hell of a drug.

They're ruin you for life dude.

I mean just thrown in, so through the corona and into the nuclear fire on the surface. I know the Corona is hotter but you wouldn't be there as long.

>this one race in Star Wars
If we're thinking of the same race a star is one of a very short list of things that can kill them.

If being radiant is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Took me a moment to realize that the nose wasn't actually in the show.

That's not how you'z spell Orkz, humie.

But I believe SWTOR will be written before Orks, so I guess that's my reason?

IIRC, some beings in Blame can survive exposure to temperatures hooter than the sun. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but noticable resistance is a pretty good start. Though you would need something else for the gravity... I think Gravity Rush has something?

Aion, for the Armsfusion Crafter. Finally, I won't have to carry around all these magic swords!

There's a suit made of corrupt souls in the DC Occult jump. They help you by absorbing damage and empowering you and earn forgiveness that way. That's one moral way to do what you want.

Otherwise eating/absorbing/otherwise destroying souls is capital E evil in pretty much every setting ever.

The Dog Talisman from Jackie Chan Adventures makes you immune to physical damage. No matter how much damage.
You'll still feel the pain though. And probably pass out from it. So it won't get you out of the star.

Go to Eclipse Phase and buy a Surya Morph?

There's no gravity at the core of the sun, though. You're equidistant from all its mass. You need something for resistance to pressure, not gravity.

Actually it could be. You just have to assume it's an abbreviation of something like 'Super Waagh The Orkz Rampage'.

Sure it probably isn't, but it could be.

Yes, you would, but I'm not sure you'd reach the core of the sun even if you could survive it. Maybe if you're teleported into it?

Would Planetary Annihilation make good jump ?

This pic too, is from the show. I didn't actually believe it was either at first it's so bad.

End-jump, maybe.

Ugh, people wank that setting all to death. I'm surprised they haven't stopped from chafing.

I was clinically dead for about three minutes Once before I started jumping, but my jumper has died around 12 times totalwhat said
now that's just crazy talk

If you were doing it for some Food Fight-style "it's funny because it's awful" thing, maybe. Otherwise, no.

Yeah, that fashion sense tho.

I get the rest of the outfit, but the hair. . . why do that to your hair when your hair is naturally awesome?

There are some things hat should be Endjump exclusive. Disgaea, for example.

What can the Training Hall from Kung-Fu Panda do?

Fuck off, I don't care about balance. I'm just tired of people going on and on about how Planetary Annihilation commander units are so incredible and if you drop them down in any other setting they'll steal all the technology and make it better and curbstomp everyone and BLARGH BLARGH BLARGH. God, Planetary Annihilation fanboys are the worst.

Planetary annihilation and Supreme Commander are basically the same.

If you import your mecha alt-form as an ACU you are basically a commander from PA.

How hard to kill is Slaanesh? What about other Chaos Gods?

Yay? Not quite sure why you're posting some random user being ass-blasted. Are you trying to tell me you're a sadist?

They're living embodiment of the worst impulses of sapient minds. So long as there are beings capable of feeding into the Warp, they will exist.

Oh..... ok that's nice. Where I can import ACU as alt-form ?

most everything Would make a good jump so long as it's not lewd, The trick is determining what kind of junk it should be.

Just be an AI, faggot.

you've got that backwards you get a robot form and then you import it.

Become a shipgirl, obviously.

Even Suryas can't handle that. Corona's the limit.

Corona is hotter than the surface, assuming you stop after hitting that.

Yeah, the surface of the sun is only about as hot as an acetylene welding torch. It's kind of surprising, but it makes sense. Further you get from the fusion core, the cooler it gets.

So, why doesn't High School of the Dead have any non-import companion options?