Warhammer 40k general

Stupid, dumb, phone poster scum not making a new thread edition.

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Insert Eldar memes here):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3v1epu4d7cs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the FOUR-ARMED-EMPEROR

So, even if End Times isn't happening, it still seems like they're trying to set up an everyone vs. Chaos theme, and are continually pushing Chaos as completely beyond the other apocalypse factions (Orkz, Tyranids and Necrons).

How does everyone feel about this? I'm personally not particularly optimistic about what GW's going to do with the setting now.

Has the new thousand sons shite come out?

Yeah

7E is coming and I'm terrified they're gunna take vehicle armor facings away!

At least the next IG codex will have a kickass event to center around.

First for metal skellingtons

The most interesting theme of 40k is the imperium vs chaos, most other races are just background stuff or shooting targets

>complete beginner
>imperial guard
good idea?

Sure, they're a comfortable mid-tier army and not very hard to paint.

>7E is coming

This is what you get for having I2

you mean like how its always been? ya, not that suprising.

In my experience as a guard player; yes if you enjoy painting the same guy 170+ times and still lose all games.

I can see why some people would think that, but it's also true that the other factions have their own fandoms who have genuine interest, I feel like it's a bit of a waste to push them to the sidelines. Though with modern Tau fluff I can also see how people might have a bit of a knee-jerk reaction towards the 'second-rate' factions.

>metal skeletons with I2
>still more of a melee race than orks

Orks have a similar experience

>marinefags actually believe this

>still lose all games
Oh no, now the guard players are starting to whine too.
Just when we thought traitor legions would finally shut the chaos players up!

Will be 8th ed, or 7.5

I am not a Chaos player, but really Chaos SHOULD be **considered** as the major threat and the big-bad. Necrons and Tyranids are probably as great a threat as Chaos, but the 40k Setting is generally written from an Imperium point-of-view

With the success of the HH line, I am not surprised that they are advancing the clock. I do not want a setting reboot a'la AoS, but I would support the following:

- Return of the Deamon Primarchs, Chaos breaches the Cadian gate and floods the Imperium.

- Ghaz arrives at Octavius, beats the Overfiend's arse, gathers a Waaagh and heads in the vague direction of the Imperial/Chaos for the greatest Krumpin.

- A major hive fleet tendril approaches

- Reactivation of more Tomb Worlds

- Eldar attempt the soul stone sacrifice to ressurect their god.

- Vulkan, Dorn, Jacquetti Khan are found

- Abaddon/Primarchs on way to Terra, but a hue fight is now occurring mid-way.

Does anyone know how Reckless Abandon on Eldar Corsairs works with jet pack movement?

With Craftworlders you can't use Battle Focus along with any kind of jet pack move/assault because Battle Focus is a run move, but Reckless Abandon just says that you move after firing, not that you run or anything.

I tried looking looking for a FAQ, but forge world is lacking them for most IA books, including 11.

fucking hell whats next, space wolves complaining muh planet?

>Lose all games

Shit son, what's your list? Imperial Guard still do pretty well from my perspective.

>muh hipster irrelevant meme tier race should have as much focus as the actual plot of the universe.

I don't even play marines

What niche has not been explored in wh40k yet? What kind of army could still be introduced to the game that would bring something new to the game?

Another xeno race could be sweet.

chaos is also a meme tier race

I didn't say they suck. He asked if it's good for a complete beginner, then you will lose for sure because it's a difficult to play army.

There are a shitload of xenos and decades of lore that hasn't made it anywhere near the tabletop.

I would like to see squats unsquatted. Just give them a high gothic name and put that on the codex, with "squats" being colloquial. Dorfs are an iconic race and 40k is lacking without them. Or hrud.

As far as I can tell only Tau are irrelevant on the plot of the current universe, unless they somehow survive the coming apocalypse and get to advance for another few thousand years.

Tyranids on the other hand are straight-up important as hell due to how much bodies/planets/systems the Imperium has to throw at them. Orkz are just as important as they've always been: as an equalizer to prevent the Imperium from blowing shit up en-masse. Eldar are, eh, from a military perspective they're about as important as Marines (see: not very important outside of specific, do-or-die engagements that need to be won). Necrons are probably less important than Tyranids but are still pretty much the most unbeatable faction in the setting per individual battle due to their balls-to-the-walls technology levels.

Nope. The Chaos players are happy with their new supplement, so the Blood Angels have taken their spot as the premier whiners

Guard anons I claim this thread for the Emperor!!!
Also me your lads Veeky Forums.
Tau players especially. Come on Tau anons show us that the unpainted meme isn't true.

Space archers with space bows.

There's butt loads of options in terms of lore.

In terms of gameplay not so much.
Maybe an army based around jump infantry seeing as that's probably the most neglected unit type
Maybe an army that plays around with statlines as their main gimmick, ie buffing/nerfing toughness, leadership or bs/ws
Maybe an army that focuses almost entirely around single model units instead of squads, like an inversion of a normal army

Where can I find a download of the BoP painting guide?

Probably not. Try something with a bit more survivability. Obviously if you -really- want to play IG, go for it, dude, but in my experience something like Marines, Necrons or maybe Chaos Marines tend not to feel like as much of a grind. When I started, I started with orks, and although getting into combat was a blast, most of the time I was loosing so many orks (on account of being so new and their lack of armor) that I felt a bit drained. It felt like they were useless, and it led to frustration before I ultimately sold them off and picked up necrons because of how tough they were. Didn't have nearly as many options back then, but not seeing a quarter (or more) of your army cut down in one turn is far more encouraging.

Guard do good user. I've regularly beaten Riptide wings and battlesuit spam at my store.

you're right how could I forget

Fuck off.

I remember reading something about the Tyranid origins, them possibly fleeing something even more horrible in a far away galaxy? Or perhaps that what we have seen is merely a small tip of the iceberg and that the nids in reality outnumber all other life in existence? Was this ever taken anywhere or is it just something long forgotten and retconned?

That could be pretty cool, although I have a weakness for archers. Even just something like a new Eldar aspect that uses wraithbone bows, anything to ease the criminal lack of bows in 40k outside of a couple of rare crossbows.

Why would somebody ever not buy an army they like because it's not "easy to play"?

You do realize you're going to be spending hundreds of dollars on these man dolls right? Unless you're planning on just dropping fliff left and right on several armies, you shouldn't be picking an army based on how "easy to play" it is, you should pick the army you like. You're going to be spending a lot of time modelling and painting this shit. I hope. If it's an actually difficult army for noobs like DE or Orks . . . then just learn how to play it.

Buying an army because it's "easy to play" when you like another army's lore/models/theme better is full retard. Don't do this. You will be unhappy.

But user if he starts in lowpoint games a few Guard squads and Leman Russes can dominate.

Having the spotlight just on Chaos is straight up boring

Nice trips

Aren't necrons on like half a dozen planets? so irrelevant. Orks are just a shooting target and comic relief.

Tyrannids, maybe matter but they are still just like the orks an annoyance for the imperium but not one that would affect the plot in any real way that would be interesting.

>Also me your lads Veeky Forums.

That aside, of course not all Tau players roll unpainted. Some of them have hideous, chalky paint schemes on white.

The first one is just a paragraph about speculation by an Admech, a shower thought kind of thing, and it's obviously false, even though it lives as a meme rumor even today

The second one should be true,seeing that they have devoured galaxies

Having it the other way around would completely neuter Nids and render them irrelevant

The Imperium considering Chaos as the biggest threat is okay, but some people want their army to be at least not completely irrelevant. There's supposedly 12 galaxies worth of Tyranids coming, the biggest WAAAGH!!! since the Beast and Tomb Worlds awaking en masse.
But Chaosfags will insist that all these events are irrelevant because "Lol, Chaos is undefeatable xD". And this sucks for everyone.

I've usually played you do both. Run, gun, run then zoom. Move in the shooting phase, then again in the assault.
Also what're you on about with the jetpack movement and battlefocus, spiders are made for that?

As a general rule, unless someone states they're looking at playing Kill Team, I figure they're trying to get as close to 1850 or 2000 as they can like what most people play at.

Like I said, if he really wants to play Guard, go for it, I'm not going to stop him, but I'm just giving him what advice I can based on my experiences when I was a new player. You fuck up a lot when you're new, and something like Necrons or Marines (Loyal, Chaos, whatever) are more forgiving. Then, if you're like I was and you feel like you've sufficiently grasped the game and don't fuck up nearly as much, but now you want something with a bit more flavor, you can always sell your dudes off and go to an army that takes more finesse.

Imotekh the Stormlord alone holds 80 planets, according to Codex. Also, look at pic related. Dynasties spread out over territories that put the Eye of Terror to shame. Some even closer to Terra than Chaos ever was since the HH.

I've always found chaos so bloody boring as well.
Everything to do with them is either good guys+spikes and more cackling or shittily written demon stuff that didn't move with the rest of the fantasy landscape after demons became boring sometime in the 80s.

>ghaos is de best :DDD

>faggy newcrons

I've been working under the assumption that you could only make jet pack moves when you would have been able to charge, but I should really double check that assumption.

Aside from spiders there's also hawks and hawtarchs who are more normal jump infantry.

Still, thanks for the answer!

We need people to help working on Genestealer Cult's Kill Team 1d4chan page.

Throw some quick tactics fags.

Or this kind of shit.

How do you make Death Watch work as their own army? Any tips and tricks?

This is good, at least you know you don't have to unpack your army and you can just walk out.

It's been 5 (or 6 now I guess) years since that codex came out user, it might be time to move on.

What's with those planets outside the Galaxy? And that system in topmost right

Planets exist beyond the obvious galactic pattern due to density, so it's still technically inside the galaxy, just near the practical edge.

Newcrons > oldcrons

How are you even supposed to see this? Its on the bottom of the fucking tank.

Yeah, but the fact that they're explicitly named made me think they have some plot relevance

Isn't the Outsider somewhere around there too?I don't see him marked on the map

A lot of the codexes are written from the army's perspective, often with a very inflated sense of their own importance. Ironically a lot of player's seem to have fallen for GW's tongue in cheek propaganda...

user you wanna hide your dakimakuras, not just leave them in plain sight.

>see that put on table
>grab my stuff do a 360 and walk away

It's your reward for wrecking the vehicle. After you wreck it you get to enjoy the view.

you'd be surprise

youtube.com/watch?v=3v1epu4d7cs

Nah, Chaos is now getting its Codex treatment in BL and other Codexes a lot more often.I'm not a big fan of it by most measures, but Chaos is getting essentially what the Tau got this edition, a serious buff to their logical and narrative significance through the occasional retcon or addition. They're now pretty much the be-all-end-all faction from an objective standpoint, too.

Can someone explain to me "Combat resolution"?

Sure, but they are the closest to a canon you can have. It's not just the Necron Codex, I'm sure you've seen the pictures with Tyranid tendrils slowly engulfing the galaxy, or the Ork empires/WAAAGHs!!!. And even if it's all faction propaganda, there are a lot of other big players aside from Abaddon and his merry legion.

Can I use Wulfen in vanilla kill team?

>Maybe an army that plays around with statlines as their main gimmick, ie buffing/nerfing toughness, leadership or bs/ws
hey guys, remember when the 'nid dex was literally this.

fun times.

Truer words have never been spoken. Thin ya paints jus' roight.

Doesn't Skitarii do this already?

No
not at all
they have nothing that changes their stats, beyond 1 turn boosts to ws/bs

he really is too good for this world.

Ad Mech does have something like that.

Get the 7th ed rules from the mega. Go to page 551 and read.

>Nothing that changes their stats
>Except this ability that changes two of their stats

user, I ...

OH MY FUCKING GOD. LEARN TO LEARN.

Imotekh controls 80 tomb worlds and 500 or so alien worlds.

Read*

Duncan Rhodes to good for this community to pure

What's it like to be so jealous you act like you hate it, tsundere-kun?

>get completely assblasted at the user who states a correct number of planets
>not the guy who is "there's like 6 planets of necrons in total"
Wew lad

Temporary stat boosts =/= whole faction based around stat fucking, you silly willy

>jealous of taufags

They have a whole page of different stats you can boost once a turn, what the fuck are you talking about?

I think he is hung up on the one a turn part.

So the living tide formation sounds awesome but it costs so much

Quick question Veeky Forums. Where are the latest rules for Void Hardened armor that makes the wearer unaffected by rending weapons?

6 planet guy is a troll.

The other guy got it wrong wasn't. I am, disappointed by his effort. He should try harder!

Basically this

2K alpha legion list, with a iron warriors CAD to contain my forge-world stuff. The plan is to have the terminators skip across the table with the mind veil, and have the raptors/bikes go super fast and get in the opps face.

What do you guys think?

But he's not entirely wrong. Imotekh does have 80 tomb worlds. And a lot of others.