Any pic related stories/campaigns?

Any pic related stories/campaigns?

kind of a specific request, but i always loved this theme.

Other urls found in this thread:

sam-storyteller.dreamwidth.org/40268.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you played this year's hottest indie garbage yet?

Wait, so you're undead in that game? What?

No, but you cheat death multiple times simply be being DETERMINED.

It's like that whole "power of friendship" shit anime does, but change "friendship" to "believing in yourself" and cranked to 11.

No and in fact Skeletons seem to not be undead either, but just a different fantasy race.

I think ghosts were just a race and not dead people too, but I don't remember that well.

Well in the MonsterHearts campaign I've been running one of the PCs is a ghoul who cannot die, she's been killed (by one of the other PCs) multiple times and come back and got revenge (which of course creates more animosity leading to her getting killed again)

And if you take the Stupid Evil route, you find that certain characters can be even more determined than you.

honestly it just seems stupid to me so I'd never use it

I get some good mileage out of having the antagonists do it. Then again, the players start making a habit of filling corpses will bullets in order to stop them coming back.

The end of a really long deathwatch campaign I ran for my friends ended with them resurrecting for a few seconds, because the group Psyker poured every little bit of energy he had into "asking the emperor to help"

He had an insane roll and it *was* potentially a galaxy/sector ending event, so I figured wtf not.

The last thing the big bad saw was them standing up, eyes aglow, and they together attacked not him, but the big base of the gun thingy that was going to shoot the sun.

They blew themselves and the chaos lord to kingdom come.

Always wanted to run a twist of your generic fantasy campaign where the players are trapped in a shadowy afterlife and doomed to remain undead until they can resolve the business that's keeping them there and allow them to pass on for real. So sort of 'I am not done' keeping you in purgatory rather than forcing you to resurrect in the real world, and actually finishing your business is what enables you to reach the true afterlife. Obviously got a very Soulsy vibe to it, but not as grimdark.

Sort of, while not undead per se, we had a Paladin who wouldn't go down when he was locked in a fight with a much stronger opponent (A dragonborn black knight). He kept healing himself and Nat 20'd several death saves. Every time his foe knocked him down, he stood back up slammed his warhammer into his foe. He finally collapsed after he knocked the knight off of a cliff with a shield bash.

The rest of the party had been separated from him, and when they found him he was all but dead. They fed him all their healing potions, but he was still in critical condition. After carrying him back to a nearby hamlet, the rogue spent almost all her money buying healers, clerics and alchemists to save his life. Fortunately it succeeded, though the paladin claims to vaguely remember the afterlife.

"Determination" enabling you to cheat logic IS one of the things anime does

>Pic
I made that poster so many years ago on RPG.net
It brought a smile to my face someone saved it

So.. wraith?

That is literally, LITERALLY the most common justification for ghosts in every single corner of the world.

Are you telling me that you don't get the wordplay? Every time you're filled with DETERMINATION you get to full health. You get further from death. Prefix 'de', route word 'terminate', turn it into a noun. DETERMINATION wasn't determination.

That's basically the story of the villain from Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. They died and came back, with the only explanation being that their anger was stronger than death. Probably not what you're looking for, though, and the actual main villain isn't even revealed until very late in the game.

Looked up Wraith. Yes. Exactly that.

Full image.

I've been wanting to run a Dark Souls game, but I can't figure out how to mash up the three games to make a fitting knock-off.

I'm thinking something like the four shards of Manus being Unkindled or something.

Pretty sure that's how Discworld undead are created.
MFW there will never be zombie Vimes who hates his new state of being but keeps running the Guard

MFW Pterry could have achieved functional immortality in his own setting through sheer force of personality if Alzheimer's didn't erode who you were ;_;

origami gutsmansass

I once ran a campaign that revolved around the ghosts of a sheriff and his posse that died chasing some robbers, came back due to sheer force of will and hatred, learned how to possess their dead bodies and went hunting the robbers.

Problem was that they managed it after 140 years passed, so they ended up going on a rampage in Texas hunting the robbers' descendands, aka the PCs.

Well, congrats. It's one of the few oWoD games that doesn't go into turbo-adavan-extreme territory and superhero wish fulfillment. I mean, it gets there, but it's pretty good. Orpheus isn't bad either.

>that spoiler

sam-storyteller.dreamwidth.org/40268.html is a thing, and it's still as good as I remembered it being.

And then you push their shit in anyway.

It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming...

On days like these, kids like you...

shud b bunnynig in HeLL!!

Oh my!
Thanks for the link, user, that was a good read.

It's basically pic relate din the Sandman series where a random ordinary 13th century peasant told Dream and Death he's just not into the whole dying bit...
And ended up living forever with him spending a day with Dream every century. Death would come from time to time to see if he's ready to die and he keeps saying "nah, I'm good."
No magic, no destiny, no willpower. Just a dude saying, "nah."