Have you ever played a centaur, or similiar?

Have you ever played a centaur, or similiar?

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/super-genius-games/lapith
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2a5Lhl42r4
1d4chan.org/wiki/Chakat
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wemic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Drider.

Didn't fit through doors, had to sleep outside. Some dungeons, as well. It's more inconvenient than you would imagine.

I played spider and scorpion equivalents.
Both were basically giant monsters, given their large size and pointiness, and it was quite fun.
It involved a lot of politics for one of them though
Nothing like shit-ass city states to make adventurers feel like power players.

Being too big for some shit made it more fun for me.
Gotta know when it is worth it to koolaid your way in.

Yep, it was pretty fun.

Also, Happy New Year!

Isn't that guy from Shadow of the Colossus?

Played a centuar knight before, it was pretty cool.

No.
Yes. I assume that's his horse too.

Can centaurs go up ladders?

Well, uh, technically, nah.

have you ever kicked a human, like a real featherless biped?

Played one of these.
d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/super-genius-games/lapith
Was pretty fun.

no. probably not most wooden stairs either.

My Warpsmith in Black Crusade was a centaur.

Played a half spider once in a fairly long (20ish sessions of about 4ish hours) and one of the others rolled arachnophobia as a flaw. My character used a spear and had the ability to climb walls and set web traps. The latter is less useful than it sounds tho.

no because they are physiologically and thermodynamically impossible

magic

I feel like thats a bad thing to do, that horse seems to be looking at the centauress ass. How awrkward it would be if he sstarted courting her?

that's... not a lady

They tend to be super fun, but that's mostly because if you get to play one, you've already run into a high tier GM.

That only make matters worse them.

>probably not most wooden stairs either.
Apparently my great grandfather was able to train a pony to use stairs. Being smaller would probably make it easier for it to do so.

Sort of, but a deer-like instead of a horse-like. I kind of sort of ripped off Enchantress from Dota, though the character developed and became much more.

In my defense it was my first game and was made to come up with something on the fly.

finish the meme dammit

so are centaur human or horse ?

The whole point is that they're half of one and half of the other, isn't it?

Nah.

hey, you started strong.

You did remember to keep the sproink as the character developed. Right?

Have you ever tried horseshoes?

Nah, nah... (dingle-lingle)

Alright! I can see that I will have to TEACH you, how to play a centaur!

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2a5Lhl42r4

Played one in Corruption of champion and can't fuck sandwitch again. Currently playing dragontaur in revamped version.

Well she was a rogue so not really.

That's a good way to get kicked in the face.

Not yet.
It's on the list, after tree man and before crab warrior

Sadly I'd prefer to be the guy behind the centaur, so...

Have you ever played a real villain?

Yeah, and she was pretty fun. Centaur Ranger named Fanny . (Specced for archery) She was kind of a no nonsense character and a little bit of a prude. She often had to reign in the other "OmG SOOOO wacky, lol, RaNdOm, YOLO" characters. Seeing as I was the only experienced rolepkayer at the time, the GM let me have a centaur with no level adjustment, on the condition that I method act Fanny so the new guys would have someone as a role model. It was certainly a trying 9 months, but I would do it again if I could.

>Having to teach new guys
Always super tiring.

Sproink! Predators move unseen

We already did this meme, buddy. Look up.

Planning on playing a cat based centaur in an upcoming game. Before that I played a regular centaur that worked as a fighter in an arena.

Yes
Centaur monk in 3.5, he as a trapezist from a circus, group didn't like it because "muh realism"

I"ve played a few, my two centaurs were both for short lived campaigns, both being knight-lancers, one with an actual lance the other using spears. And I got to play a centipede style drider in a singular one shot campaign, she was interesting since she was a witch, but her stats all pointed towards being a martial character.

I imagine a reasonable size for centaurs would be around deer/pony size instead of being gigantor huge clydesdales as they are often depicted.

Then again you could always have different breeds of Centaurs like the fuck off huge ones who perfer to be outside and do a lot of labor and are more monsterous and smaller ones who integrate better into civilized society.

One of my players wants to have a centaur race for an upcoming game.
Any odd things others have encountered with them beyond the obvious (not fitting places physically, etc) that can muck things up?

When I played my centaur, a few of the other players kept attempting to ride mine.

Don't.

>Cat Centaur

IM GETTING FLASHBACKS

NOT AGAIN

They are centaur you silly billy.

I... feel like I've missed something.

Chakat

Google search

Chakats. The worst of the worst when it comes to Furry races.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chakat

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Chakat

Ugh! Oh god no! I just thought having the bottom part being a cat would be fun to play with as opposed to a horse.

It is too late.

The psychic reconditioning has already started. You didn't realize it before, but those interests in non-equine centaurs? They didn't originate in your mind. You only realized it now due to outside intervention, but it is too late.

Soon, you will be assimilated. Body, mind, but not soul, for that will be discarded in the adaptation. You will join them, regardless of your current lack of consent.

You disbelieve me, thinking I'm merely trolling. But tell me: Does this look intriguing to play? In the least?

>The only thing Furries and Non-Furries can agree on is that Chakats are terrible.

Shit. I thought that was just a panther-taur. But wouldn't a chakat be too special Mary Marty Stue to even be in combat when they can just mind control anyone?

>Chakats

Honestly I wish we were still bitching about those things 2006 was great

That moment when you come up with something cool and awesome but someone points out it's been done before, and so badly it is forever burned into racial memory.

>The worst of the worst when it comes to Furry races.
I'm no expert but wasn't this dubious honor held by Sergal?

Not really no. I don't really care for the top half being a cat as well. Kinda defeats the purpose of a centaur being half human and half.. something four-legged.

Well, to be fair, the setting doesn't have 'psychic powers' in the common sense.

It has freakish 'Transcendent Implants' that can be installed, trained with, and exploited, kinda like Mass Effect bionics but with a ancap bent.

So it may just be a choosing to fight with its special snowflake super weapons for a while, until its player can get the GM to drop the costs of using . Or just to look 'awesome' (read: edgy).

>Verifier: Select the sushi!

Sadly, verifier, I cannot turn all such beings into sushi. So I cannot sate your infernal hunger.

...Now I want to play a centaur in a game.

No, no, not a regular centaur - one of these. Let the people make "Horse _____" jokes until I introduce my character, with appropriate gibbering noises.

Pictured: The concept art for what would have been a centaur in Fallout 4. Rugose, isn't he?

The "Chakats Meet the Hammer of the Emperor" page was good, does anyone else have any stories about Chakats that came up in games and how they were dealt with?

no, I believe all party members should have the same capacity to traverse a dungeon, differences in dexterity not withstanding.

If you play a centaur, then you can't climb a ladder, and probably can't handle steep stairs.

>would have been ... in Fallout 4
you mean was in Fallout 1, 2 and 3?

Sergals are horny vore land sharks in fur. Chakats are horny furry cat taurs with literally EVERY type of Mary Sue caked in.

It's a redesign, hence the 'would have been'. The ones actually in the games have the 'half on-the-ground half-above-the-ground' split of classic Greek centaurs; the concept selected... doesn't.

If only.

I see.

NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE

Well okay probably even with that attitude actually. Still, if you're in a high-magic system spells can help with that. If you're not, I'm not sure what to say.

I just wanted an excuse to post this pic.

You think a shy Centaur - or rather, a player transformed into one would try to make pants for their character?

Probably, but that doesn't quite work on a horse body.

Barding or even just something more like a dress with something to cover the underside would most likely work better.

Pic unrelated.

What about a humanoid centipede?

surprised no one posted the "horse pussy" meme

Silly user, everyone knows horses have cloaca

In a PF game set in the Midgard setting, since centaurs are a major race in the not-Russia/west Asia end of the world. I made a barbarian and styled him as a merchant wannabe out sampling the goods of the rest of the world.

That game ended before a real conclusion was met, but he was well on his way to the cash stockpile he wanted to use to retire and sell exotic goods of the south to the people of Domovgorod and elsewhere in the west. It was fun. He was almost making the jump from a barbarian who didn't really understand commerce to profiting on the system!

> elsewhere in the East*

I played a unicorn Druid way back when 5e was in playtesting.

I'd say it worked out okay. I went with the "Elf Maidens only" rule for party members using me as a mount, which turned into a running gag between two other players (who were dating outside the game) where he kept trying to hook up with her but she kept turning him down because she didn't want to have to get a mount.

No, but I used the Wild Runner 3.5 splat spell on my elf, which kind of turns them into a centaur. Barbarian got frisky with the offered ride, I did the game maths and freaked them out with a longjump that had a 20ft apex.
We have since switched off to 5e. No splat spell fun, but it's for the best.

Yeah, the player liked the artist Dmitrys, and played the character with a Russian accent, used the character Meryl as a reference pic, and if that didn't set off enough red flags, he wanted to make his fighter who had been in some demon war into a warlock with a demon patron, and we all know that inconsistent characterization and motivations are the worst.
Character had a dick, too.

First challenge was a 30 foot stepladder.
Then a tunnel you had to go through on hands and knees, and finally a elven city acessed by rope climbing.

Ignore the weirdos who keep bringing up an old and tired meme race that pretty much every community doesn't like and haven't been relevant for many years even in the furry community. And sergals only got the reputation from conflating a single characters sociopathy with the entire raceThe stuff you are running is just wemics from old editions of D&D. Though they tend to be a bit more cat like in their features.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wemic

The non player variety tends to be lamia matriarchs who are utterly evil and quite powerful.

Incidentally lion centaurs have precedence in myth, originating in Mesopotamia. Called Urmahlullu, they were guardian spirits of...bathrooms. Yeah. They also had their own devil they hated called Mukil-Res-Lemutti, the demon of headaches, who looked like an urmahlullu with a special horned hat.

do driders have a mamal or spider pussy

Sergals have some flaws, at least, which lends them a bit of character. Apparently a lot of them are pretty dumb (these light grey colored ones, I guess).

Got to play one in a dnd game based on Shining Force.

I played a lancer (so original). The rest of the party was a pretty good mix. DM moved out of town only after two games, so not really much happened.

Neither.
Their forms are punishments for failure.

Wait what?

I need to know more.

I played a paladin who never got off his horse the whole campaign. My DM said the first time I wanted to go in a building I'd forgotten to say I dismounted, so I went into a tavern on a horse. I just did it deliberately after that since he never actually forced me to do it. It was very convenient that every building had enough headroom.

Presumably I was very bowlegged

Did you buy your horse a drink?

Neither.
Spider Epigyne.

In 4th they were a blessing and could interbreed with other Driders and Drow.
Possibly everything Drow could interbreed with as well.

So they probably had a Drow's delicate, spider-filled vagina or unimpressive, cobwebbed penis, depending on gender.

Just further evidence why 4th was the objectively superior edition.

Superior game at least.
Personally I'd put it outside the main D&D sequence, like Final fantasy or Fallout Tactics.

>tfw this is my fetish

I roleplay as a centaur shota mostly as a comic relief or slice of life character.

they're mostly a sardonic fisherman.

Played a drider in a Skull & Shackles campaign. She was a sailmaker who ended up becoming first mate after we mutinied. I sure do miss that spider lady.

HORSE