An ancient good awakens

>an ancient good awakens

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander-in-chief
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>moral values have shifted so much since the time it went to sleep that people cannot tell it apart from an ancient evil

>It sees that the world is actually pretty okay, decides "peace out niggas" and flies off into space to bring goodness to some other place

>The ancient good is baffled by this.

>everyone still goes insane and starts killing each other in madness

>middle-aged neutrality briefly stirs awake and then goes back to sleep

>the ancient good increases crop output by 700%, solving world hunger in 30 days
>big farms are outraged
>world war 3 starts over food hoarding

>every player receives a 30% XP boost

>>the ancient good increases crop output by 700%, solving world hunger in 30 days
>soon reports of cancer increases of 700% start streaming in
>7 years later, mankind is replaced by intelligent tumours
>they create a perfect utopia

Evil means don't justify Good ends.

That's like the first lesson in not falling.
Did you even attend Paladin school?

Someone please remove the D&D autist from the premises?

>israel gets destroyed
>literally everyone is happy

And instead of making things worse, the world becomes all around a better place!

>It starts raining fire on all evil cities
>which is all of them in the world

I for one welcome our new omnipotent celestial overlord

Let's not forget that He catches all of the "runaway slaves" and independent women and restores them to their "proper" place.

>The runaway slave crime spree has ended
>In a few months they are released in an orderly fashion that ensures they have shelter and work
>Families are larger and closer-knit
>Society is happier overall
>Took a few centuries to rebuild from the fireballing though

>until one day when several ex criminals commit more heinous acts
>innocent people are assaulted, hurt, and murdered because some people just can't be rehabilitated
>an old man thinks about saying I told you so but just shakes his head instead
>

>dual-income red queen's race/tragedy of the commons ends
>quality of life up 40% for the same GDP
>everyone has a stable, sexy marriage at age 18

>It's perspective is so alien, and different, that it is indistinguishable from an ancient force of evil.
>It burns the world to cinders, in order to save it.

Hey, it is an ancient good after all. It just takes people a few years to figure that out.

Its good is overbearing, all-consuming, and utterly indifferent to context. It has no tolerance for the minor evils and injustices that civilization commits and allows to be committed in the name of pragmatism. It does not believe that the social importance of the wealthy and politically powerful excuses the corruption that invariably accompanies such station in life.

Can civilized society survive the onslaught of a force of nature that visits disaster upon the iniquitous?

Not that the values dissonance idea isn't fun, but its been done to death.

What if an ancient good awakened and just, I don't know, made things better? Not even in a cosmic sense just, what if he showed up, helped some people, killed some monsters, and things were just, "Hey this is alright."

>and is woefully misunderstood

>the ancient good only cares about completing the good deeds it began thousands of years ago, but never got to finish

Sounds like you have an exciting story there, fampai. Maybe you should write it, I am sure it will keep people on the edge of their seat and sell like crazy.

>Wake up morning of January 1st, 2017
>The earth is shaking
>Oh shit what the fuck
>Run outside
>What the fuck is that
>It's huge
>Can't focus on any one part of it for too long, gives you headaches just trying to percieve it
>Welp, guess the worlds ending
>Suddenly, loud voice
>"lol hey dude wassup, got you a coffee and a bacon sandwwich from that cafe you like."
>"älright peace out man, have a good day."
>Floats off, stopping to chat to other people, gives out gifts and shit
>Bacon sandwich is pretty good.

Man, I really want a bacon sandwich.

GOD DAMMIT FLYNN!!

>sandwwich

>it goes onto the talk show circuit until it again falls into slumber

>to this end the ancient good decides to go back in time and correct the mistakes of history
>the PCs witness the ancient good go back and are hit by the temporal radiation, which somehow lets them to continue existing in the new future
>this causes the PCs' loved ones no longer exist, they are displaced from the history and world they know
>the party must go back in time and defeat the ancient good, to save(?) the shitty world that they loved

Hey kid, I got a real good solution to that problem of yours.

Kill yer friends

>world was already conquered by evil
>party of edge lords and antipaladins receive quest from the dark lord
>set out to stop the ancient good

They fail and smiting ensues

>A war 'cross the world begins as people and the ancient good struggle to rid the earth of terrible, unnatural forces of evil most people didn't know existed in the first place

That's just some schmuck waking up in the middle of the night.

>lawfaggotry
>good

In fact,

>any SMT alignment/ending
>good

AMMIT CHAN!

>an ancient neutral awakens

We're likely living in that reality.

fuckin hell i LOVE art like this. please post more ridiculously huge and mysterious creatures, good or bad.

>it is so ancient that what it considers good is seen as evil by humanity

Oh boy, can't wait to go back to chieftain-kings and cannibalistic funeral services.

About 200 years ago.

the one in op is definitely a good.

>chieftain-kings
>go back to

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander-in-chief

Neutral was pretty good in that game.
You woke up a goddess and a god dude.

Not him, but people tend to use it as a mouthpiece for what they think is wrong with the modern world.

>trying this hard to shove your cuckservative opinion into everything

>homeshit detected

>Sadly the ancient good has gone insane during it's imprisonment.

Don't you mean Jesuscuck shite?

Or Jewcuck shite? It's all the same sucking-on-circumsized-dicks-shite anyway.

What if instead of "It's good is different", maybe it's model of good doesn't work anymore.

>Where communal sharing and relaxed social structures work in a tribal stone age it doesn't work in a more modern society.
>The rich and middle class feel cheated, so they hire mercenaries and adventurers to kill it.
>Lower class doesn't like this.
>Class warfare springs up and just keeps getting worse the more The Good intervenes.

The player is the ancient good because you weren't sure how to do a single player campaign

Why do you keep making this thread OP?

It's a very distinct exception, though. And one which attracted a fair amount of criticism at that.

Even so, it's not unambiguous, since it essentially implies a return to the status quo in the same sort of way as Nocturne's Freedom ending, which consequently means giving up the chance to move towards a "better" world from the perspectives of other alignments. Likewise, SMT 4 also has what is almost certainly one of the best Law endings in the mainline series, since they're much less outright tyrannical without YHWH at the helm, and set out to correct the corruption and stratification that fucked up Mikado's social structure.

Still a bunch of authoritarian dicks with a genocide boner for everyone who isn't a mindless drone, though.

>It realizes it set it's cosmic alarm too late and slept through the events it meant to influence. It drops into a deep depression and now mostly eats snacks and cries while watching re-runs on TV to "catch up"

>the world is rotten, and evil has won over and over. Its state is tyranny
>the heroes' only chance of victory is by waking the ancient good up

>>an ancient good awakens
And he wants his double-shot espresso RIGHT. NOW.

Yeah...I knew the cancer that is /pol/ would show up sooner or later.

Well... The population of the land formerly known as Israel might not be.

yeah but they wont be around to be unhappy

They might still be around as vengeful ghosts, cursing humanity with plagues.

>An ancient good awakens
>it teaches people how to be good neighbours
>It's name is Mr. Rogers

Sorry I can't hear you over this race of intelligent squishy tumors with kawaii puss I created from yoru quivering remains, mr fat man.

>"Sup guys. Your shits kinda fucked, but y'know what? That's all good! We can fix this real good!"

Epic /pol/, bro ;)

Haha faggot, implying Veeky Forums isn't a vassal board

We already won

go away /pol/. no one likes you. And don't give us that "we're counteracting the SJW's" shit. we tell them to gtfo too.

Man just report his ass, that way he's likely to get banned,

>It sees the world has changed but in essence it's denizens are much the same as they always were mostly good but flawed.

>ancient good was supposed to judge us
>he overslept and is running late
>he's going to try and judge us by the deadline, but it'll be a rushed and deeply flawed judgement

>The rushed and deeply flawed judgement is letting us go on as we always have

Galileo Galilei was 400 years ago.

Why don't we ever seem to get stories like this?

Except the Palestinians, whose homeland is now more than 50% gone, and the Muslims who's second holiest site is now gone, or the Christians who lost their holiest city, or the rest of the Jews around the world.

Good job, that had literally the opposite effect you wanted.

Fucking A.

Just because 90% of the human population are bad writers doesn't make it inherently bad. That's almost as autistic as complaining about something because you hate its fanbase.

>The ancient good was supposed to awaken when the Ancient Evil awakened, but it took a bit too long because there wasn't enough hope in the world to unseal it

>Your father's defeat of the Ancient Evil brought that hope

>Now you must help the Ancient Good find a new purpose, as its only reason to exist was to stop the Ancient Evil

There's more to good than the destruction of evil.

Because it makes for one shitty story?

Because stories need conflict. Benevolent being fixed all the problems is a sentence, not a story.

>implying something made to beat the big evil monster can do anything to help on the mortal scale with its giant hands

The thing is there will always be someone who disagrees with change.

If the ancient power can just hand wave everyone who disagrees away or change their thoughts then sure it's all too simple.

Well those stories do exist. They are generally SciFi.

True enough but a story about mortals who serve this being would be interesting. They would face all kinds of challenges especially if their cosmic being of goodness is unable to relate well to mortals. Imagine being the PR manager/"translator" of an awesomely powerful being who means well but does shit most people would be worried by like destroying evil empires without saying a word and looking like some sort of H.R. Geiger creature.

The one bent backwards always bugs me. Makes the whole thing look a little goofy.

>it's entirely confused about where all its dinosaur worshippers went

>Good back then meant no sex before marriage and maintaining a strict, wholesome way of living
>The Ancient good, sickened by modern societies degeneracy, proceeds to destroy it and remake it anew.

see

Neutral is pretty much always the "good" ending, all the way back to the super nes SMT1.

Basically it's the most brutal path with the least security for mankind with no permanent solution to the problems facing it (though the other alignments aren't any better in this regard), but it's still the only one which remotely acknowledges humanities basic needs for both laws and freedom.

There are exceptions throughout the series, of course. SMT2 Chaos ending is a lot happier then most examples of that alignment. Nocturne's take on the alignments are a lot more ambiguous. Devil Survivor makes every alignment palatable, etc.

Still, overall, neutral it's pretty hard to argue that neutral is the goodguy, non edgelord alignment.

>You walk a difficult path, with few rewards.

>Pretty hard to argue against neutral being the goodguy(ish), non-edgelord alignment.
My bad.

>If the ancient power can just hand wave everyone who disagrees away or change their thoughts then sure it's all too simple.

That probably wouldn't make it an ancient good.

You know, that would be kind of cool as a story.

Imagine it. Some big, Cthulhu-esq eldritch horror arises from the deep, opens its 11 mouths and sings in a song that is heard without ears: "I am here to help".

It has strange and inexplicable powers, but it isn't omnipotent by any stretch. Its horrifying to look at, and we lack the technology required to seriously harm it or kill it, but it seems genuinely to want to help us out.

The problem is that its good intentions don't always have desirable outcomes, and making larger-scale actions usually means taking a side in some kind of conflict (be it martial or ideological).

Its very easily suggestible because it just wants to help, and in some ways its kind of naive. But it won't kill people exist in defense of others. It doesn't understand much about human existence, society, or culture beyond what we tell it or show it.

It moves around a lot, and can't really be contained. So you just have all these world governments constantly following it around an petitioning it for help, while also arguing with each other about what to do with the damn thing and who gets to use it for what.

Sounds like what Bloodborne would be if it weren't restricted to one city.

In other words, fucking awesome.

So when do we get overpowered bat-dogs that hatch from eggs?

> Elder-Good, please fix our oceans
> I WAS NOT AWARE THEY WERE BROKEN. THEY STILL SEEM LIKE OCEANS TO ME.
> Well, they have all these pollutants in them. Like mercury. Its dangerous and bad for the planet.
> VERY WELL. I SHALL FIX YOUR OCEANS. I SHALL LEECH THESE TOXINS FROM YOUR SEAS, SO THEY CAN BE SAFELY DISPOSED OF.
> Oh, thank you Elder-Good!

Just days later

> Elder-Good, you have to stop!
> STOP WHAT NOW?
> You are killing all the fish! You have already killed more fish in the last two days than we usually fish in two years!
> BUT THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED. YOU WANTED ME TO GET RID OF THE MERCURY. THERE IS MERCURY IN THE FISH. HOW ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO GET IT?
> Elder-Good, we wanted the oceans to be clean so that we could save these fish, and make them less toxic to eat. If you kill all the fish it ruins everything.
> YOU REALLY NEED TO TELL ME THESE THINGS IN ADVANCE, STANLEY.

Ignore the troll, newfag. Falling for the bait is how he wins.

>all the world's governments are asking the elder good to fix things, which only makes everything worse
>players have to save the world by killing the ultimate good so political bobbleheads can stop fucking everything up

What system do I use to get the most out of this? I sense potential here.

>all the world's governments are asking the elder good to fix things, which only makes everything worse
>players have to save the world by killing the ultimate good so political bobbleheads can stop fucking everything up

Forgot to add

>which makes everything worse

Side note, is it bad to put players in a situation where fulfilling their objectives just gives them a different kind of failure? Mostly because I'd expect them to toss the objectives into a bin and try to teach the supergood their earthly ways by making it watch Mr. Rogers or having their ruleslawyer come up with a foolproof wishlist.