/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Dawn of the New Year, and a new path laid before us Edition

As we say farewell to the tumult of 2017, we look forward with furtive glances towards the coming new year, as a new road with new chances and opportunities opens up for us. For on this night, we join and think of the new year, and resolve to make changes as the world renews its solar cycle.

Share with us, oh fellow brothers, about thine own New Years Resolutions for Pathfinder in the year 2017.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1XkoqXlPwmQjVx2CsRBsh1zsXmZvuRWh9dCw2djS7BAg/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=WDkqN600Qm4
youtube.com/watch?v=J2up1Ldu0vc
youtube.com/watch?v=PzRIP_XGfiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Decided to go back and tinker a bit with an archetype I worked on a while ago.

The Futurist: A construct and firearm-based summoner archetype that trades out the Eidolon in favor of buffing Summon Monster (When you only have one instance of it going, to prevent it getting too silly numbers-wise).

docs.google.com/document/d/1XkoqXlPwmQjVx2CsRBsh1zsXmZvuRWh9dCw2djS7BAg/edit?usp=sharing

Feedback highly appreciated. This is still in Alpha.

I mean. Overall, warlocks in 3.5 weren't really that, and neither is the avowed. "Someone else made a deal, and you reaped the benefits" is one of the explicit possibilities within both the warlock and the avowed. The books also listed a bunch of other possibilities, ranging from gifts, study, radiation poisoning...

In addition, for the avowed, for many pacts, it's "someone poked you with a seed of power, and then your power grew from that starting point." Less 'sold my soul for talent' and more 'nen baptism', in a sense (if you read/watch Hunter x Hunter).

When Avowed 2's SkyMarket appendix comes out (likely once we get the full beta of it out; currently finishing up the stuff for A2's alpha), it's going to include examples of alternate fluffs and backgrounds for avowed. An in-depth handbook to refluffing the class, with examples on all points of the snowflake scale.

Perhaps that'll be up your alley.

((Reposting this for new thread))

Explain to me how Roll20 applications tend to work.

I'm like 90% sure she's taking a cyber-knot on regular basis.

You post your character's backstory, general information and any other pertinent information in the appropriate thread, and then... Wait, really.

Post a character concept, interact with people, if the DM doesn't hate you he'll tell you you're in and send you a join link

So do you usually also choose feats, make stats, etc as well, or is that after you get admitted?

I want my character to die heroically to save his friends!

Nah, you typically make the entire sheet and post it as part of the application.

Man, making Nveryll has been fun.

I should get to making my own campaign, too.

My resolution?

I'm never falling for the 8-player-party meme ever again, nor am I ever making a game without an application process ever again.

Resolutions are doomed to fail and I would be a fool to make them.

Nveryll is a sweetheart and I want to see her happy! What's her ideal afternoon? Her ideal man?

>I love tinkering with machines
>And getting tinkered by them too

I dunno if she is but I sure would.

What?

He's saying he loves to work on machines, and then make the machines fuck him silly.

The robotics club president from SYD

She got into the subject for... reasons.

I really hope you and I both get in, Nveryll seems like such a cutie. Also, what sort of campaign would you be interested in running? Would it be cute?

>ideal man
Nveryll is pure, she doesn't need men! All she needs is perfectly platonic headpats and people to make icecream with!

Every woman needs a man, just as every man needs a woman! She might never bed the man, but she'll certainly enjoy his headpats and wise council!

My Pathfinder resolution is to find a build that's fun and can support a group.

I want my character to be annoying to enemy and ally alike and die in a spite fuelled explosion that annoys the most people possible in character!

My Pathfinder resolution is to finish my applications for Molthune Knights and the Dragons campaign! The former because I'm oh so stubborn, and the latter because SwimmingEagle shares the exact same kinks I do, and I think I'd be in paradise with him at the helm.

Erastil go.. uh... get yourself another beer. It's new year's eve and the no-laugh special is starting up later.

My resolution is to actually DM something.

So... a bard, then?

Headpats are gateway drug to heavy petting.

YOU ARE IMPLYING THIS IS NOT A PLASTERED ERASTIL?

I KNEW MY STEPDAD WOULD BE GETTING HIS DUMB ASS DRUNK ON NEW YEARS. IT'S A FAKE HOLIDAY ANYWAY, IT'S JUST ANOTHER DAY CLOSER TO ULTIMATE OBLIVION AND NONE OF IT GODSDAMNED MATTERS.

BASTARD STOLE MY EYESHADOW TOO.

I've always been easy with giving praise, are you telling me there are women out there so thirsty for praise that they'll do anything for a firm headpat and whisper of "good girl?"

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHEN MEN ARE TALKING, BOY. YOU NEED A FIRM HAND AND A GENTLE WOMAN.

Rather, there are some who just like their beloved will cherish such moments.

Yyyep.

New chapter FYI. someone finally started translating it again. It's warmness.

>you mean my grandpa...?
Wh-what's that? It looks like a wonderful mixture of cute and sad. Is there more?

Anything is a wide term, let's say they would do a plenty.

She's immortal, her perception of time doesn't align very well with regular human lifespan.
And yeah, it's a whole short story.

If there's no bedding why does it need to be a man? Why can't a lady just get headpats and wise council from her woman friend?

It's a oneshot called Fox Daughter.

It's kind of sad.

SHUT UP ERASTIL, YOU'RE A RELIC WHO NEEDS TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF THE GROUND

NOTHING MATTERS AT ALL, AND WE'RE ALL JUST FLOATING IN EMPTY BULLSHIT TRAGEDY.

Yeah, that part was obvious,I just need more of it.

Did you cry?

Actually, come to think of it, wasn't Erastil good friends with Thron, the Wolf God who sired Shelyn and Dou Bral?

Wouldn't that make him essentially like a surrogate uncle to the two of them?

>Ideal Afternoon
Probably a winter afternoon resting on a pile of silver, where nothing goes wrong and all Molthune is at peace.

She is a dragon of simple pleasures.

>Ideal man
Oh, someone with huge wings! Scales hard like shaped ice! A tail that could level a building! The kind of subzero cold you want to nestle up in, and who keeps the ice cream cold, you know?

She is a dragon of simple pleasures.

I am actually a very evil person, so I'd probably make an evil campaign! Maybe undead themed. I wish there was a better way to make undead PCs besides overpowered templates.

Erytiem.

In all seriousness, there's a lot more sad than cute, I feel.

>someone applied to dragons with their f-list profile

GOD FIGHT! GOD FIGHT!

Maybe they could all be Dhampir and the like?

Imagine an entire party of Saturday Morning Cartoon villains with silly motives and diabolical laughter.

How do I Mad Scientist, /pfg/?

Aroden, fuck off back to Blue Man Group.

FUCK OFF ARODEN, YOU'RE DEAD AND GONE LIKE THE REST OF US WILL BE, AND TO WHAT? NOTHING! THAT JUST PROVES MY POINT! USELESS FUCKING ACCIDENTS, JUST LIKE LIFE WAS! NOTHING MATTERS!

Pretty much any flavor of Alchemist imaginable.

That was good, I liked it, I would've liked more, though.

I once DMed a NWoD:Slasher game for Gurochan.

It was fun, if that gives you any hint of what I'd be hoping for.

I'd play in that, getting my evil on sounds like a fun time after not getting into the HV campaign.

Holy shit, I get what that image is referencing.

youtube.com/watch?v=WDkqN600Qm4

Well, I mean, you're not wrong.

Happy Final Day, everyone!

Have you yet meditated on the End Time?

Literal Mad Scientist archetype for Alchemist?

That seems too obvious, you can't be telling me Paizo made-

>they did

Well then.

>that glitch
>that unglitch
Glorious!

>expecting Paizuri to be subtle

...What would subtle paizuri even look like?

I don't know and I don't think I want to.

Its a market we could do without

One of those scenes where the girl is rubbing against the guy's crotch while clothed, usually while cleaning some spilled liquid.

It's called naizuri, and it's paizuri with a flat chest.

that's what the flat chested girls call it.

>It's not very effective

I resolve to try out new kinds of characters, go on dangerous adventures, and have fun with friends.

And maybe save some princesses.

All I want is to cocksleeve a fox-girl and hear her whimper in debased pleasure before ruining her for other men, is that too much to ask?

What races and classes constitute your current group?

Just curious.

A Dwarf Dragonfire Adept just joined, so we're all dwarves now.

Half-elf Slayer.
Skinwalker (Seascarred) Warpriest.
Undine Druid.
Human (Garundi) Sorcerer.
Human (Chelaxian) Rogue.

WE'RE ALL SOLDIERS NOW.

>Human Bard || Paladin
>Aasimar Ninja || Fighter/Warder
>Tiefling Warder || Fighter/Avowed
>Aellar Mystic || Guru
>Human Soulknife || Incanter

Together, we're going through the Worldwound.

It's 'good' but glacially slow. Like 13 episodes at 12-16 minutes once a year.

The initial draw to it was monty oum's crazy over the top fight scenes... and well, since he died that doesn't really happen anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=J2up1Ldu0vc
youtube.com/watch?v=PzRIP_XGfiw

Two very early examples of monty oum craziness.

Now they're finally starting to involve plot... but it's going slowly.

>Dwarf Druid
>Half-elf Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)
>Human Skald
>Elf Witch (Beast-bonded)
>Human Slayer (Witch Killer)

ARRANGED MARRIAGES /PFG/ AND ELVES/DWARVES.

I've recently had some amusing ideas about "arranged" marriages between elves (and potentially dwarves) /pfg/ okay I actually thought this up about a while ago. Particularly around the 'gender swap potion' controversy where it was determined the actual price of the effect of the potion in question was only around 450 gold to purchase, rather than the 2250g to purchase (1125 to craft).

In the case of arranged marriages, you may have a noble family that loosely arranges a marriage 150 years before they have kids - a sort of "hey our houses work well together, we should merge them" verbal agreement (or a more legalistic one for the dwarves) - and when they finally do pop out some young-uns their kids both turn out to be the same gender, they loosely groom them in their responsibilities and make sure both parties are consenting - then the heirs get married and they swap off on gender-swap baby duty (cause gotta produce heirs of their own).

You now have loving F/F & M/M noble families/dynasties, with proper heirs... because wealth, magic and long lifespans leads to funny shit.

In fact, now that I think about this more, it could be a not uncommon tactic to consolodate "weaker" houses/clans by making it so there is no fighting over heir's etc.

Another place where it could be applied is in a menzoberranzan like setting, where it could once again be used to completely consolodate houses. There's a lot more complications there, and a lot of backstabby prone behaviours, but it could turn two weak houses into one moderate one, with a reasonable dual-matriachy that is later handed over to a single matriach. Less loving, but more POWER.

MAYBE A HUMAN HOUSE WANTS TO TRY THIS NEW THING THAT THEY HEARD ABOUT FROM SOME FOREIGNER, AND NO LAWS EXIST FOR IT, SO IT CAUSES BRIEF POLITICAL CHAOS.

But the turn off was the way that motion was animated, it just feels off or wrong.

Bah, forgot to delete the reply link.

They were using poser in seasons 1-3, they've since switched to something else, which looks a lot smoother. Fight quality has gone down a lot though.

Music is pretty good though.

Changeling warpriest
Human slayer
Nagaji brawler
Sylph beguiler

Isn't there magic to give same-sex couples children without forcing them into a gender they don't identify as? I'm pretty sure Paizo would have something like that.

Beats me. Maybe for MM couples in lawful societies there's a surrogate who bears the child. For FF couples it's a few minutes / hours a day with an alter self spell until conception is confirmed

Three Humans and an Android. Or maybe one's a Half-Elf?

He might be in this thread so you might be able to ask him.

Half-Succubus Harbinger
Half-Drow Fey Adept
Dragon Witch
Demon Paladin
Dhampir Hidden Blade Rogue
Human Alchemist

...Wow we really are a group of special snowflakes.

Being fair, no one knows IC the witch is a dragon yet!

Me and a friend are looking for a game. Thats it really, here's an eye catching image since I like rangers.

"No one knows" like it would actually be a surprise, or "no one knows" like "Have I mentioned I am not a dragon today? Because I'm totally not"?

You should think about running one! It can be very very satisfying.

You should totally join the Dragon's game, it's all ages and there's nothing off-putting about it at all.

Human Warder
Human Cryptic
Human Alchemist
Dhamphir Medic

Friend is a newbie and he would like an adventure bro to join a game with.

I am put so off though.

Yu Lin, Knight-Commander of the Order of Suraz, a Sylph Monk

Sir Migulio "Gnomey" Lit-Wick Candlechin, Needle-Eyed Lord of Newts, a Gnomish Bard

"Just" Akala, a Merfolk Cleric

Honourable mentions to the Half-Giant Paladin and Dhampir Warlock who died a few months ago and STILL haven't decided what they're going to roll up next. Both players are adamant that they're coming back, they just "have to have the perfect build" first.

No-one knows as in "we literally just met her, and all we know about her is that she makes healing candies and can merge with her pet raven, but honestly, in this group, 'I'm a dragon btw' isn't even the strangest thing we'd hear that day".

That party list gave me cancer.

Is there any way to feat into PoW stuff? Like becoming an initiator solely through feats.

Isn't there a feat line that gives you maneuvers?

That sounds like a Folca worshipper. You should burn her.