...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>awaken_my_masters.sim
>how_to_punch_with_sunlight_a_guide_for_physical_adepts.knwsft
>Juez_Juarez's_Strange_Escapade_Combat_Predisposition.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 425 (74% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message: "no, there aren't any Aztec deities of fitness, why are you asking"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running becoming_the_ultimate_lifeform.BTL...

>watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Shit you found in the basement of an Aztechnology facility edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0YLMk1E41kE?t=1m25s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hey guys, playing my first shadowrun campaign, and the rest of the party's builds are in- noone took any stealth shit. I still want to be a melee sami, how viable is it for me to go sami with stealth capabilities? We do have a strong face, so I don't have to worry about covering that aspect.

Melee gels very well with stealth. You need to get up close to the target first to shank him, after all. Also, speed is partially dependant on Agility and Blades and Stealth both run off of Agility too.
Please do bare in mind that melee builds are, by default, not super good, so you might need to be a little clever with how you build the character.

I'm planning to run a satyr, so high move speed is already easy to get. DM is running some weird custom setting thing he likes(it seems to take some of the charm out of shadowrun, but whatever, I'm always down for weird political shit) so melee will probably be more viable because of reduced gun selection, and I chose melee knowing it took more work to make it work. I'll dump points into stealth and athletics, then. Any specific bio/cyberware(it just gets reskinned for setting so no limits) that'd help a lot? I'm already planning on high int and rea paired with that shit that gives you an extra init die at game start so I always win initiative and ALWAYS get two passes, atleast.

Can't even open Chummer after I tried printing something. Not even unzipping it again into a different folder worked. What gives?

Max your strength if you'd going to do melee, unless using something like a monowhip which doesn't require it.

Forgot to add, this is the latest Nightly build.

Well, I fixed the "crashing on load" option by deleting a save file, but I still run into print-crash errors.

Anyone ever run any Bug City campaigns?

>look through core rulebook and Run&Gun
>find guns that have brand names but no corporation attached to them in the immediate fluff
>I bet I would find more if I searched the other splats
>could look through every splatbook of every edition to try to figure out who makes what, but I suspect that won't cover everything
Why did they did they do this to me? My autism demands that I know the manufacturer of every single firearm in the game. I can't just do what I do with items that don't have brand names or corp names attached to them and assume that most if not all significant corps produce their own variant under their own brand name.

Hrm. That's interesting. Click the blue link and show me what's in the exception.txt file.

Hrm. That's... interesting. Link me the character file? It should be working fine, has to be something in the file itself.

No file to link! I just tried that with a brand new character, nothing more than a bog-standard karmagen human.

Oh, right. Fuck, Delnar's mugshot pull request fucked it. Um. It'll work for now if you actually have a mugshot, it needs some logic built into it to handle not having a mugshot.

Well I'll be damned... Now that you mention it, I had no trouble whatsoever with my characters that did have mugshots available, and sure enough, it still works there upon testing. Thanks for telling me, guess this is one more reason to hunt for art.

Good news, it's an easy fix. Just tinkering with some other stuff and I'll push it.

I have a player who's wanting to take allergy (Mild/rare) as a negative quality. While I'm not gonna turn it down, I'm not gonna just let it be something they never have to worry about.

What would be some good allergies to deal with in stock seattle?

pollution and acid rain are the staple when it comes to the environment.
allergic to soy is also possible, but will mess him up.
Others could be gunpowder or lead-
Also sunlight or cold are also possible.
Wi-Fi signals and mana could also be possible depending on the game

That would be my staple of common allergies for shadowrunners.

Bees.

A specific brand of perfume, a seasonal fruit, a type of plastic that isn't commonly used, electro-sensitivity on certain wavelengths

Would a Force 10 Blood Spirit be too much to throw at a group that's gotten ~30 Karma so far?
They're gonna be doing a run against AzTech, for a Dragon(they probably won't realize he's a Dragon until after the job is over), and I threw a Blood Mage down on the map, but I'm not sure if summoning a Blood Spirit at the maximum force she can after killing a hostage is overkill or not.
It probably is, given the setup around where the mage is

those are all common as fuck. He asked for rare.

I DID say rare, for the record, not common.

Hrm. Anyone have the covert art for the German Shadow Manual 2? Should look like this with a weird spikey red ball thing on it.

So now that donald trump and the hicks have handed society completely over to the corporations, how long do we have until the damn dragon cunts start bursting up through the Earth?

novacoke

Depends on what their weapon load out is, what the party composition is, and how ruthless you're feeling. But they're probably dead, those things are no bueno amigo.

Is "private prosthesis workshop for exotic metatypes" legitimate choice as a Daytime Job?
Is too much of a problem if it comes with kink for amputees and for exotic metatypes?

>implying they haven't already
>implying Trump isn't a dragon

>Troll street sam(kinda) with 1 AGI and 8 AGI/8 STR cyberarms, a Stoner-Ares, and a PJSS
>Infiltrator with an Ares Alpha, Remington 950, Desert Strike, and a few other guns
>Decker with a physical limit of 2 and a machine pistol she doesn't ever really fire, plus a bunch of grenades
>Mystic Adept with a strategy of channeling guardian spirits for combat prowess, flavored as a not-Batman(not very heavily focused on combat, but not terrible at it)

I'd kinda prefer that if anybody, the troll is the only one who dies(Partly because the player kinda annoys me, partly because he'll hopefully reroll to something actually useful in any fight where the group isn't standing still)

Guessing 8 would be a better Force? Or 6?

>implying Trump isn't a dragon
My god this actually makes sense. Fucking dragon shits.

>>Troll street sam(kinda) with 1 AGI and 8 AGI/8 STR cyberarms
>my arms are moving on their own

>cyber troll
>arms' STR is only 8
>not getting used cyberarms with Str enhanced to 13
What is the matter with this trog

Is it acceptable for johnsons to offer a last minute mystery box instead of nuyen?

no.

Is it acceptable for runners to offer a last-minute EX EX round to the head instead of doing the job?

you get to pick the nuyen still if you want, is the scenario.
it's just you could get the nuyen... or the MYSTERY BOX?!?

unprofessional. Would never be hired as a johnson again.

It's his first Shadowrun character, ever. He didn't know that AGI impacted movespeed when he made him, and didn't bother to take the free respec I offered after the first session.

It'll get you a bit of a reputation as a nut.

I mean, these guys have just done your dirty work for you and you turn around and ask them if they want to risk all of their pay for the contents of some stupid box?

I can't see it going down well with all but the most deranged Runners, and even then you're unlikely to get many more more jobs as other Runners might hear about it, and decide that they don't want someone who seems mentally unhinged to be in charge of their pay.

That being said, always go escrow if you have a capable negotiator.

that's unfortunate. Melee without move speed is like guns without bullets. And he's a troll, too, so his move speed is, what, 2 meters/round? When running?

The only way in which it wouldn't be silly would be if you covered it up with a proper reason, especially one which gives a springboard for a future plot.
For example, instead of "You can choose the money behind Door 1, or you can choose the wonderful wacky mystery box behind Door 2", you could go with something like this:
"Well, we know that we negotiated about the pay in advance, but please listen to me for a moment. While you were away, our security team just wiped out another team of operatives, and those funds we plan on paying you could be used to replenish the losses we suffered during the fights. We know the hideout of those people now, though, and from the data we salvaged off the decker, we know that they didn't clear it out before the mission because they thought this was a "milk run". Since we could need the raw nuyen and it costs money to investigate the team's hideout, we thought of a mutually benefician deal. You can keep to the original deal, or you can pass on the money besides a few thousand nuyen in exchange for getting the address, passwords and security countermeasures to this place."

I know it wasn't the greatest, but does anyone have the art from Crossfire? Want to incorporate some Card stuff into a Roll20 environment

He's built purely for carrying and firing machine guns. He wanted an HMG, but all he could get at character creation was a Stoner-Ares(MMG)

oh, I saw 8 str cyber arms and immediately assumed. Silly me.

Two hours till midnight west coast, got no family, no friends to be with, but I am glad I am here with you chummers. Here is to you, you crazy assholes!

Wanted to make a smuggler with an aircraft but Rotorcraft is fucking expensive. Fixed Wing crafts are more affordable but I can't imagine the nightmare of trying to get it in and out of a run. Anybody have any advice for acquiring a decent aircraft vehicle at chargen?

You start at Prime Runner.

>you can pick nuyen or mystery box
That makes a bit more sense.

To make this kind of choice a little less crazy (sometimes crazy is what you want. I'm not judging), here's my suggestion:

The johnson, before the mission, gives the runners a choice. He offers to pay them market price in nuyen, but he also has details about a lightly-guarded cache of expensive stuff, perhaps a crate full of fancy commlinks or guns practically unguarded. Johnson can't take the cache himself for reasons of his own, but the runners could steal it as a milk run and net 2-4 times the value of the nuyen payout.

Here's to you too, omae! We're one year closer to 2075. Don't lose hope, and keep shooting straight all through 2017!

>it's just you could get the nuyen... and the MYSTERY BOX?!?
Fixed.
The mission is to pick up some sealed container / locked suitcase / etc. At the handover, Johnson mentions that the client is no longer... able to go through with the deal. Team will of course be paid as promised, but they can also keep the cargo, if they want to, or not, if they think it might be too hot. No, Johnson doesn't know what's inside. And we're most certainly not opening it here, because we don't know what's inside and how it was secured against unauthorized opening. Take it or leave it.

Mummies Alive I'll be 88! Fuck feels like just reaching 30 in a month was a miracle!

What the fuck is up with the length of combat turns in Shadowrun? I just built a Satyr character with muscle toner and max agility, and, after running some basic math, realized my character litterally runs fifty kilolmeters an hour. This is at character start. There are some roads where I would get a speeding ticket on foot.

Welcome to the future, and it is fucking glorious! Also get more then 3 initiative passes and only top end cyber eyes could see you move. (by none game mechanics anyways.)

Part of your issue might be the fact that Muscle Toner 4 is Availability 20R
At character creation, the highest you could get is 2, which puts you a bit below Usain Bolt's top speed.(44.72 km/h)
Even with Toner 4, though, you're running at 48 km/h, which is only 3.28 faster than Usain Bolt.

no. Buddy. I have muscle toner I and agility six. Seven agility on a satyr makes a movement speed of 50 km/hour. If I had toner four, I'd have a move speed of 72 kilometers an hour. Satyr increase their walk and run speeds by 1.5x

movement speed is split among initiative passes. Considering how fast I am, I'm okay with this, as otherwise I'd be doing 100 km/hour since my initiative roll is 2d6+11.

But can you sustain that 50kph for an hour?

probably? Running is more like a strong jog, high pace and maintainable. You don't hit negatives for running until you're sprinting. Oh yeah. I didn't factor sprinting into that speed, btw.

Could someone spoon feed me the addiction rules? I'm going crazy here, I can't understand them at all.

Do the thing you are addicted too, or make a test, if you fail you lose dice till you get your fix.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

Imagine you had a character with a very, very long career with assloads of karma, all dedicated to one purpose: becoming the ultimate life form. So powerful that even dragons writhe in envy and fans of Shadowrun spitefully call your character a bigger mary sue than Harlequin himself.

What would it be, chummers?

probably some variety of physical adept.

A cyberzombie with nothing but used cyberware to max out on those sweet sweet negative essence bonuses.

Depends will you let them run from it?
Are you going to give the party a means to beat it apart from filling it with lead?
Also you could have 30 karma or 300 karma force 10 spirits will still fuck you.

A burnout mystic adept decker/rigger face

When do you make the test? Right away the first time you use it?

As far as I know becoming addicted AFTER creation is not in the rules, so I would have to cop out and say "up to the GM".

>movement speed is split among initiative passes
This is quite important.

You can still get really fast though
>Satyr AGI 6 (+3 augs) = 9
>Run rate AGIx6 = 54 meters per 3 seconds
>Cyberfeet with skimmers(x2running) = 108 meters per 3 seconds = 36 m/s = 80.5mph = 129.6kph

So yeah, that's already 80mph running (129.6kph), before making any sprinting checks. Rules for fatigue from running are in SR5 172. You only have to test for fatigue damage every 3 minutes, so you can keep it up a while. I'm assuming skates can't be combined with skimmers because that's really fucking dumb. I'm sure there are other ways to boost move speed, but I'm too tired to look.

For fun, you can pump up your cyberlegs strength and get raptor feet so you can eviscerate people at 80mph, or much more with a good sprinting check. A satyr with raptor feet should be doing strength+4P (14P, AP-3?). But come on, nobody should be able to survive a flying kick from Road Runner.

The plan is They enter the building through one of 2 doors, and after getting to a certain hallway, security ambushes them. They'll likely survive that, and the hallway ends in a dead end, but there's a switch in one of the nearby rooms that opens it(or the decker can just blast it open, since she likes explosives), and there's a blood mage and 2 security dudes in a room on the other side, as well as probably a hellhound or two, depending on what force I end up making the Blood Spirit.
There's also a sniper and a shaman hiding in a room down the hall, the other way.
The general point is to get them to start considering their tactics before they rush in.

I'll probably lower the Blood spirit's force, I'm just not sure where a good place to leave it would be. Guessing 6, assuming most of my players have 12-14 dice in the things they're good at?

Heres what you do.
Don't go full force 10 blood spirit
make it someone inhabited by a force 5 blood spirit. If you don't know how inhabitation and possession works look it up, shit is terrifying and a force 2 spirit possessing someone can be a serious threat.
Also look up true names and stuff that can be another fun thing to do.
Mean that "Yeah this spirit is a super strong bad ass, but if you find its true name you can kill/banish/control it."

An AI.

The rules for AI are trash but they're the only thing you can actually play that can canonically match dragons.

Addiction rating represents how easily people get addicted, and addiction threshold determines how much use is required to risk addiction.
Essentially, it means you can use the drug once, spaced out by Addiction Threshold number of weeks in between, and never have to make a test. If you do not wait this long between uses, you must make a check! Some drugs are particularly strong and always require a test. This is whenever 11 - Addiction Rating is less than or equal to the Addiction Threshold.
I'll use cram as an example. You take the addiction rating 11 - rating = D. D is the time span which will pass for an addiction test to occur. Our value is 11 - 4 = 7. This means after your first dosage, you have a test in 7 weeks. Where the threshold comes into play, is this is the number of hits you need to pass the addiction test. Every week you don't use, after that first week, it reduces the threshold by 1 until it becomes 0, or you make an addiction test.

youtu.be/0YLMk1E41kE?t=1m25s

What's the most brutal, cruel, sadistic, disgusting way to eviscerate my players? I'm talking make them never want to see me again.

Example 1
Week 1: You use. You mark that in 7 weeks you need to make a test. Threshold set to 3.
Week 2: You don't use. Threshold becomes 2.
Week 3: You don't use. Threshold becomes 1.
Week 4: You use. Threshold becomes 3 (resets to full!).
Week 5: You use. Threshold becomes 3 (resets to full!).
Week 6: You don't use. Threshold becomes 2.
Week 7: You don't use. Threshold becomes 1. You make an addiction test.

Example 2 Week 1: You use. You mark that in 7 weeks you need to make a test. Threshold set to 3.
Week 4: You use. Threshold becomes 3 (resets to full!).
Week 5: You don't use. Threshold becomes 2.
Week 6: You don't use. Threshold becomes 1.
Week 6: You don't use. Threshold becomes 0. You're off the hook! No Test! In week 8 if you use, it starts over.

Example 3
Week 1: You use. You mark that in 7 weeks you need to make a test. Threshold set to 3.
Week 4: You don't use. Threshold becomes 0. You're off the hook! If you use in week 5, it starts over again.

Why do AI suck so much while Sprites get to be so good? It makes no sense! It should be the other way around!

Tell them you're a furry.

Thanks. Also, where's the addiction info for Deepweed? It's not in the table but it says it's psychologically addictive.

CGL probably wanted to keep AIs at around the same power level as other classes, so they gimped them to shit and then, after realizing they went too far, said "lol oh well it's not like technology in our game makes sense anyway let's buff magic again".

Rating 4, Threshold 2 according to the frenchie version of the rulebook.

You take a Northrup Wasp. Upside, it's 86,000 nuyen. Downside, you'll look like a silly fuckin' goober.

Don't. Start with a contact you can ask the favour of hiring an aircraft from. Talk with your GM about turning that favour cost into a down payment on eventually owning your own aircraft and renting the space to keep it.

From what other writers have said, I'd hazard the guess that AIs were specifically shafted and made complicated in unfun ways to keep people away from them.

Kind of a "ok, I'll write it if I have to, but you're not going to like it!" situation.

So what are the essential armor mods for a chameleon suit?

Source?

A tricked-out sensor array. Being able to see infrared lasers and map dark rooms with ultrasound/radar is fucking great for a sneaking suit.

He's talking about how writers described their work on Infected that way. He's just extrapolating that sentiment to other things.

A lot of guns are made by AA or A-ranked corps instead of being mere beans names affiliated with a larger corp. Some have no fluff outside of the existence of a gun.

For example, while we know Savalette is its own company, we know nothing about it other than that it makes the Guardian heavy pistol.

I dunno. Maybe they were just dumb about it, like Mac with Drakes.

You're augmented and have super-legs. If course you're fucking fast as hell. An Agility 5 human, on the other hand, runs at just under 15 miles per hour.

It turns out that having crazy animal legs and speed-increasing implants makes you go fast as fuck. Shocking, I know.

Definitely could be. The Infected rules, though, were explicitly revealed to be an effort to keep people from playing them.

The guy wanted to make them worse than we got. Instead we received something more playable by way of placing the more high powered stuff after xp & IC time gates.

How were they suppose to do that? I've read them, they just seem terribly OP, with Regeneration and stuff.

So they can't even succeed when they try to fuck up?

Should the satyr legs damage bonus apply to attacks made with raptor feet?

As long as you haven't replaced your legs with cyberlegs, I don't see why not.

If there were buffaloes with wings that the corps raised as livestock to give the elite (and the average wageslave once a week) a taste of genuine buffalo wings, would they most likely be products of genetic alternation, the Awakening or SURGE?

I lowered it to Force 6, and it is gonna be possessing someone.
(By someone, I mean an average person with 3 in all their stats, so it'll even out to 6 in everything while possessed.)

>how_to_punch_with_sunlight_a_guide_for_physical_adepts.knwsft
Is there an actual adept power for that or would I have to refluff punching with fire? Also, how much good is sunlight against the undead in Shadowrun? My understanding is that it doesn't disintegrate them but they sure don't like it either.

Don't know about 5th, but in 4th, Elemental Strike let you punch with the 'element' of light.

You could also punch with falling damage if you really wanted to, though since it could be resisted with Gymnastics it was inferior to the other elements.